Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jokerkun890']I expected him to respond, discuss, tell me himself he couldn't offer any he help. Again, look above, he asked me to respond:

Sometimes it's nice to discuss things with a person and get the sense they at least care. I am sure Tony would not refute that personal experiences with store representitives affect a person's entire outlook of a company.

I'm also sure that Tony is a great guy and has helped many of you. Again, I had an experience, and Tony asked me to elaborate on that experience.
----

@Tony, thanks for the feedback.[/QUOTE]

Again my bad dude, I feel like a jerk now :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks guys, also, MysterD, if you don't buy Serious Sam in the upcoming sale you're crazy...we're doing a 4-pack for $30 :).
[/QUOTE]
Bah, c'mon - I don't have 3 other friends! :p
I'd only need a 1 pack for me. :p

Though, I probably should play Serious Sam HD 1st Encounter [played a little of it] and 2nd Encounter [ain't touched it, but it's installed].
I have Serious Sam 2 on Retail DVD, but yeah - ain't even installed it or played it!

This goes back to the "I buy too many games" thing I seem to mention a lot. :p

Too many games, not enough time...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again my bad dude, I feel like a jerk now :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. From the sounds of it he asked a question he knew you couldn't answer just to "get a response". I wouldn't sweat it Tony. You do a great job here.

You can't please everybody especially those who go out of their way to not be pleased.

I think everybody has had to remind Tony about a question or even PM at some point. It's the nature of one guy having to respond to 100s of questions from customers all over. He's not our personal CS rep, he extends himself to us and does a great job. For some guy to send ONE message months ago NEVER follow up and then try to complain about it is just a jerk move. I could understand if you had reminded the guy or followed up and he ignored you, but likely he missed your PM and you waited this long to try to make it seem like something it isn't.

[quote name='thegreatest']If you knew he couldn't offer help (which he can't), why would you even ask? You are just asking for a "bad experience".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thegreatest']I wouldn't. From the sounds of it he asked a question he knew you couldn't answer just to "get a response". I wouldn't sweat it Tony. You do a great job here.

You can't please everybody especially those who go out of their way to not be pleased.[/QUOTE]

Your reading comprehension obviously isn't up to par. Here is what i actually said:

[quote name='thegreatest']What do you expect him to do about the .ca site? I don't see what you think he can do about it.

I expected him to respond, discuss, tell me himself he couldn't offer any he help. Again, look above, he asked me to respond:

Sorry you have a negative perception of my responsiveness here or our CS group. I'd love to hear about it so we can fix it.
Sometimes it's nice to discuss things with a person and get the sense they at least care. I am sure Tony would not refute that personal experiences with store representitives affect a person's entire outlook of a company.

I'm also sure that Tony is a great guy and has helped many of you. Again, I had an experience, and Tony asked me to elaborate on that experience.
----

@Tony, thanks for the feedback.[/QUOTE]Do you see the word respond, followed by the word discuss, then followed by tell me himself he couldn't offer any he help.

Since you obviously need simplicity to understand, if have a problem at a restaurant, and I call over the hostest, I expect her to respond to my problem, and discuss my problem. If, as a last resort, she cannot help me then at least she told me she could not help me rather than ignore (or miss) my inquiry/problem, OR pass on my concerns to management.

Now to quote myself again, to the first time you so valiantly defended Tony:

I'm not holding it against him, but rather I inquired about it hoping he could pass on my concerns, or at least discuss them. As he just said above, he responds to all inquires. In six months, he has not responded to mine.

Does my inquiry not fall into the all category?
I asked in hopes that he could discuss, and if he could not offer any insight to those concerns, then he could pass them on - although in order to do so, he would first need to respond.

Now, Tony is a big boy, he can defend himself, and he himself apologized, and I accept and respect that apology. I am still disappointed in Amazon as a company, but he has now discussed with me, that he cannot offer any help.

Under Tony's forum name it reads Amazon Official Rep. Without a response, how would I know he couldn't help? How would I know he couldn't pass on my conerns, etc.

But you're right, I asked him with the intention of attacking him six months later for no response, while knowing the whole time he could do absolutely nothing when his official title is: Amazon Official Rep.

Try taking off the homer glasses for a moment.

With that said, I apologize to everyone else, and Tony for stinking up the thread. This will be my last response to thegreatest. At this point his lack of comprehension and blind support of his friend (who has already addmitted he was wrong AND apologized,) is becoming comical.
----
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think everybody has had to remind Tony about a question or even PM at some point. It's the nature of one guy having to respond to 100s of questions from customers all over. He's not our personal CS rep, he extends himself to us and does a great job. For some guy to send ONE message months ago NEVER follow up and then try to complain about it is just a jerk move. I could understand if you had reminded the guy or followed up and he ignored you, but likely he missed your PM and you waited this long to try to make it seem like something it isn't.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I found Tony's forum name through a google search, and did not discover this thread until recently, so no, I wasn't aware that he recieved so many inquiries, nor did I plot for six months. It's a jerk move for you to assume things you don't know. Again, Amazon Official Rep had me believe I sent all inquires to him, which he agreed with. But yes, I am a jerk for expecting a response.
----

To offer something of value: If someone has $5 to spare and some free time, I would take a chance on Dawn of Magic 2. I was one of the few who enjoyed the first.

I'm probably going to buy:

King's Bounty Platinum
+
Star Wolves/Star Wolves 3

Penumbra
+
UFO

But I'm going to be buying them on my desktop and transferring them over to a laptop. Would these games need to be DRM free to do that, or will it be fine? Are these titles DRM free? I also might pick up the other Star Wolves games; they seem pretty cool. Am I able to move these games to another computer? What's DRM free and what isn't?

Thanks!

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm probably going to buy:

King's Bounty Platinum
+

Penumbra
+
UFO

But I'm going to be buying them on my desktop and transferring them over to a laptop. Would these games need to be DRM free to do that, or will it be fine? Are these titles DRM free? I also might pick up the other Star Wolves games; they seem pretty cool. Am I able to move these games to another computer? What's DRM free and what isn't?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I feel as though I should try and give a little more to the thread (after the above discussion), so I will answer as best I can.

Usually you are given more than one activation even if a game has DRM. As long as you have your Amazon account / library to download from, and any serial keys needed you should have no problem. At most, you may have to be online while playing the game, or starting it. I doubt that's the case for the ones you mentioned.

Edit:

Just checked my gamersgate collection and I don't know if it's the same, but UFO is DRM free, Kings Bounty Platinum has Starforce DRM, and Star Wolves 1-3 are DRM free.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm probably going to buy:

King's Bounty Platinum
+

Penumbra
+
UFO

Thanks![/QUOTE]

That shouldn't be an issue. You download the game files from Amazon and even if they require DRM or a key it will install on the laptop after you transfer the game over so the DL spot does not limit you to only install it on that machine. I haven't gotten around to the Star Wolves games, but they do seem pretty cool to me too.

*Hmm...Goo-ka is censored due to first 4 letters being a slur. Guess I've got to bypass for this instance. And rename the file...grrr. And er...geez, looks like something else is being discussed right now. Blarg! Timing. X_x Anyhoo...

I just finished downloading Goo-ka and when I attempted to run it, the moment I selected New Game, the application crashed and I got this message saying 'CreateSoundBuffer() failed'. Here's a printscreen of all the error messages that popped up.

I'm going to check around the Internet to see if someone else had the same problem and what they did to solve it, but I figure mentioning it here as a back-up wouldn't hurt.

My Operating system is Win 7 64 bit and graphics card is NVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti and it's up to date.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']
Actually, I found Tony's forum name through a google search, and did not discover this thread until recently, so no, I wasn't aware that he recieved so many inquiries, nor did I plot for six months. It's a jerk move for you to assume things you don't know. Again, Amazon Official Rep had me believe I sent all inquires to him, which he agreed with. But yes, I am a jerk for expecting a response.
[/QUOTE]

My point is simple. You could have avoided all of this by following up ONE time with the guy in 6 months. But you instead chose to complain on a public forum and unfairly paint the situation. I've had to follow up with Tony through PM before.

thanks for the DS 3 deal Tony - will pick that up. I was a big fan of the first two and at $5 I can bring myself to be a fan of the 3rd one as well.

btw - to echo others, really appreciate your involvement and taking the input of the community into the sales. Hope you guys are seeing the benefit from your side.

I realize many folks here have been long time digital customers, but I'm betting there are a few new converts like me and if it wasn't for your policies, prices and your personal involvement I'd still be picking up my games from Frys or Newegg. thanks!

Any other suggestions? I was thinking about UFO, but I can't figure out another. I own King's Bounty, Space Rangers, and Star Wolves on steam. I was thinking maybe a Men of War? I don't know.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']My point is simple. You could have avoided all of this by following up ONE time with the guy in 6 months. But you instead chose to complain on a public forum and unfairly paint the situation. I've had to follow up with Tony through PM before.[/QUOTE]

I responded to Amazon support 4-5 times. I responded to an Official Amazon Rep, who has said himself he is the "Marketing Guy." I didn't unfarily paint anything, considering I laid out everything, including my PM, pictures, and the fact that I PM'd only once.

Tony has apologized, and I respect him for it. It's actually pretty sad that the two of you can't have the same level of maturity and respect for someone as he does. I am sure you have jobs, and if they happen to be in customer service you would know that customers are not blamed for not following up a second time. Official Amazon Rep tells me this is his job, I shouldn't be expected to ask the same question over and over, nor should I be villified for not doing it. Grow up.

You're right though, I am a jerk cause I expected a response, something Tony said he does to all inquiries, and apologized for not doing. In fact, you're essentially saying he's wrong.

That said, one final hoorah to Tony for admitting he was wrong and apologizing to me. I appreciate your response Tony, and even if you weren't able to help my specific situation, I appreciate your honesty. It's unfortunate that others cannot be as mature as yourself.

Glad everyone is getting back on topic :) sorry the thread got derailed (partly my fault, my bad)

F1m0T.jpg

To make up for it you'll find my newest friend above...MR. PEABODY! I'm hoping he's my puppy anyway, there's a litter of 9 and we're getting a boy, just don't know which one yet.

Having him, Pushkin and Pig all in the same house may cause a cute explosion.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad everyone is getting back on topic :) sorry the thread got derailed (partly my fault, my bad)

F1m0T.jpg

To make up for it you'll find my newest friend above...MR. PEABODY! I'm hoping he's my puppy anyway, there's a litter of 9 and we're getting a boy, just don't know which one yet.

Having him, Pushkin and Pig all in the same house may cause a cute explosion.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I hope you read my comment above, as I appreciate your response, and I also appreciate that I got one by responding to you in the forums - something you don't seem to see as a problem.

The puppy in the picture is adorable. I'm waiting for my fiancee' and I to get a bigger place (with a yard) before I get another pup. Unfortunately, 11 months ago my dog of 8 years had to be put down, so I still feel guilty about getting a new puppy, haha!

Can I ask what kind of pup that is in the picture? My (future) wife wants a Golden Lab, and that looks a bit like one?

That dog. o.o

Also, can anyone give me some advice on Star Wolves games? I just grabbed the first one since I figure it's the least taxing on my crappy computer and a good a place to start as any, but what about the other two? Seems like there's been a lot of bad feedback about the second one, but the third one seems to have gotten good feedback.

Kinda torn between UFO, Penumbra, and Star Wolves 3. Help me decide? :p

[quote name='Idiotekque']That dog. o.o

Also, can anyone give me some advice on Star Wolves games? I just grabbed the first one since I figure it's the least taxing on my crappy computer and a good a place to start as any, but what about the other two? Seems like there's been a lot of bad feedback about the second one, but the third one seems to have gotten good feedback.

Kinda torn between UFO, Penumbra, and Star Wolves 3. Help me decide? :p[/QUOTE]

How good is your PC? Can it run Penumbra? it's a great game, but I remember having a hard time playing it on my old PC.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I hope you read my comment above, as I appreciate your response, and I also appreciate that I got one by responding to you in the forums - something you don't seem to see as a problem.

The puppy in the picture is adorable. I'm waiting for my fiancee' and I to get a bigger place (with a yard) before I get another pup. Unfortunately, 11 months ago my dog of 8 years had to be put down, so I still feel guilty about getting a new puppy, haha!

Can I ask what kind of pup that is in the picture? My (future) wife wants a Golden Lab, and that looks a bit like one?[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm so sorry about your dog. We had to put down my 11 year old Beagle a few months ago (I had him since elementary school). It killed me :(.

Yeah he's a "Double Doodle" which is apparently a mix between a Labradoodle and Goldendoodle...My GF spent A LONG TIME researching puppies before we chose one.

As for your response, I totally saw them and they call out a good point. I need to be clearer about my bandwidth and ability to respond in real time as well as set expectations for needed follow up if I don't respond within 24 hours. I've done so in the OP and in my signature.

No hard feelings, hope everyone is cool, let's talk about games :).

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That looks like a labrodoodle. Everyone and their mother has one in Seattle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he is a Double Doodle (see above)...I grew up in Florida with a Beagle and Golden Retriever, if anyone told me that, at the age of 26, I'd be getting a dog like this I'd likely have laughed in their face.

That being said, the little dude is super cute and I can't wait to bring him home.

[quote name='Idiotekque']That dog. o.o

Kinda torn between UFO, Penumbra, and Star Wolves 3. Help me decide? :p[/QUOTE]

I picked up Star Wolves and have been loving it...incredibly slow start though.

Cheers,
Tony

Well, my PC has alright specs (a gig or so of RAM), but it's your average Dell that sucks worse than it technically should. I tried playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (the first one) and the framerate was just garbage; useless to even try although my PC handled the graphics otherwise.

I should be getting a new laptop one of these days, so technical compatibility isn't necessarily my prime concern (still is, but yeah). I guess I'm torn between Penumbra and UFO. I do like tactical games a lot, but Penumbra does seem pretty cool.

And thanks for the recommendation Tony. I grabbed it, so fingers crossed that my laptop likes it! I love sci-fi space games.

[quote name='MysterD']Bah, c'mon - I don't have 3 other friends! :p
I'd only need a 1 pack for me. :p

Though, I probably should play Serious Sam HD 1st Encounter [played a little of it] and 2nd Encounter [ain't touched it, but it's installed].
I have Serious Sam 2 on Retail DVD, but yeah - ain't even installed it or played it!

This goes back to the "I buy too many games" thing I seem to mention a lot. :p

Too many games, not enough time...[/QUOTE]

Liar, I know you have friends :p, if you don't, I'll make sure we get in on some coop Borderlands 2 action :).

My sad story is I've started setting some weekly time aside for gaming and I can't tear myself away from League of Legends long enough to finish a single player game...what is wrong with me?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, my PC has alright specs (a gig or so of RAM), but it's your average Dell that sucks worse than it technically should. I tried playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (the first one) and the framerate was just garbage; useless to even try although my PC handled the graphics otherwise.

I should be getting a new laptop one of these days, so technical compatibility isn't necessarily my prime concern (still is, but yeah). I guess I'm torn between Penumbra and UFO. I do like tactical games a lot, but Penumbra does seem pretty cool.

And thanks for the recommendation Tony. I grabbed it, so fingers crossed that my laptop likes it! I love sci-fi space games.[/QUOTE]

Well if your computer can handle it and you like a tension filled scary game with puzzle solving, Penumbra is great. Same guys who made Amnesia. Game play is puzzle solving in the first person perspective with emphasis on creeping and not engaging enemies.

Did you look into Space Rangers 2? Looks like a sci fi space RTS.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well if your computer can handle it and you like a tension filled scary game with puzzle solving, Penumbra is great. Same guys who made Amnesia. Game play is puzzle solving in the first person perspective with emphasis on creeping and not engaging enemies.

Did you look into Space Rangers 2? Looks like a sci fi space RTS.[/QUOTE]

I would reccomend Penumbra out of the ones mentioned as well. I bought the collection from Steam and have only played a bit of the first; great atmosphere for a game.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Dude, I'm so sorry about your dog. We had to put down my 11 year old Beagle a few months ago (I had him since elementary school). It killed me :(.

Yeah he's a "Double Doodle" which is apparently a mix between a Labradoodle and Goldendoodle...My GF spent A LONG TIME researching puppies before we chose one.

[...]

No hard feelings, hope everyone is cool, let's talk about games :).

Yeah, he is a Double Doodle (see above)...I grew up in Florida with a Beagle and Golden Retriever, if anyone told me that, at the age of 26, I'd be getting a dog like this I'd likely have laughed in their face.

That being said, the little dude is super cute and I can't wait to bring him home.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my German Shepherd was almost 13 when we put her down (we got her when she was around 5.) I got her the summer before high school and instantly loved her. My parents had recently divorced, so she was with me through all the hard times of my teen years until adulthood. My mom still cries when we talk about her, lol.

I am sorry to hear about your beagle, I am sure he was a great friend. Enjoy the new dog, though. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes, come hell or highwater we will get this game up either this or next week. I'm having our OPS team start from scratch and just recreate the product if they can't get the current one working. Total pain but we'll have it up. Again, so sorry for the delay.
[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony,

Is there any news on Madden 08? I've been really looking forward to buying this. I've checked Amazon about 5-10 times every day since the EA sports sale to see if it was available. Today, I received an email from Amazon titled: Madden 08, and almost pissed myself in excitement, but it was just suggesting I buy Madden 08 on consoles I don't have.

With the NFL draft starting tomorrow, it'd be pretty great if you guys finally got it working!

Ended up buying all three Star Wolves games, King's Bounty: Platinum Edition, Penumbra Collection, and Space Rangers 2: Reboot.

For $15, can't really argue. Gives me a reason to buy a new computer. :p

Hmm, here's something amusing (but hopefully not too far off topic): Amazon's offering $24 trade-in credit for the Playstation Move controller today. Weren't those being sold new for $25 just a couple days ago?

Hey Tony,

Any idea on when we can expect to see prepurchase offers for Torchlight 2. I know everyone is counting down to Diablo, but I've been excited about this game for a while. I ask because Steam just put up their prepurchase page for the game and I see that they are including the original Torchlight w/ a prepurchase. Should we expect something similar? Any idea on whether or not they will be Steam-redeemable keys?

(Now for my 2 cents: Between this and games like Max Payne 3, I never understood why preordering a sequel game would net me the prior game in the series. Most likely, if I am hyped enough for a sequel to preorder, I was probably already either own or have played the earlier games in the series. I'd rather get a credit or some other benefit rather than another copy of a game that I have already played.)

Thanks!

I've figured out the solution to my Goo-ka: Mystery of Janatris issue.

First, I needed to add -options to the 'Target' field in my shortcut so I could experiment with the different options.

It turns out the game will crash (at least in my case) if 3D Sound is not set to 'DirectSound 2D virtualization' in the Advanced Options area.

Btw, how does one get the Steam card to appear in a signature here? Am I not allowed to copy the code due to user rank?

Hey Tony,

Is there any chance of FFXI Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition being on sale anytime soon? I remember you guys had it for 5 bucks for a while last year. Gamersgate just had it on sale for 5 bucks last weekend but I really didn't feel like signing up with them just to get it. I submitted to you guys for a price match but I guess it was a no go.

I wanna start up again during the summer months when there's not much else to play and I already own the game including all expansions and such but my discs are in my closet somewhere and I'd rather avoid looking for them if possible. Plus I wouldn't mind getting the "Destrier Beret" item since I might level some new jobs. Also I might get myself a Trinity based ultrathin laptop this summer and it won't have a disc drive so it be great to have the digital download available so I could install it.

Anyway with the 10th anniversary of the game coming up next month I was wondering if you knew of any possible upcoming deals for it. Thanks.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not sure what this is in reference to...I respond to all inquires here and specifically ask people to re-ask me questions if I've missed them...often doing so at pretty much any time of the day (it is currently 8:00PM my time).

Anyone here who has received some sort of customer support from me (the Marketing guy by the way), feel free to chime in.

As for our CS...It is pretty universally renowned for being best in business.

Sorry you have a negative perception of my responsiveness here or our CS group. I'd love to hear about it so we can fix it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I know I am a little late on this response, but my experiences with Amazon have been great. Tony practically bent over backwards multiple times when my code for Dragon Age didn't work. So just because my code didn't work I received a $10 credit, Spore, and resolved my code issue.

So I don't think it's fair to be as angry as you are because he missed on once. He's human like all of us. (Unless he is some kind of awesome super robot :D)

[quote name='bizarrorollins']Hey Tony,

Any idea on when we can expect to see prepurchase offers for Torchlight 2. I know everyone is counting down to Diablo, but I've been excited about this game for a while. I ask because Steam just put up their prepurchase page for the game and I see that they are including the original Torchlight w/ a prepurchase. Should we expect something similar? Any idea on whether or not they will be Steam-redeemable keys?

(Now for my 2 cents: Between this and games like Max Payne 3, I never understood why preordering a sequel game would net me the prior game in the series. Most likely, if I am hyped enough for a sequel to preorder, I was probably already either own or have played the earlier games in the series. I'd rather get a credit or some other benefit rather than another copy of a game that I have already played.)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm also interested in Torchlight II especially if there is a discount for pre-ordering or some bonus other than Torchlight I, but only if it's a Steam redeemable key. Otherwise I'll pass and wait for a Steam sale.

[quote name='Goatsie']Hey Tony,

Is there any news on Madden 08? I've been really looking forward to buying this. I've checked Amazon about 5-10 times every day since the EA sports sale to see if it was available. Today, I received an email from Amazon titled: Madden 08, and almost pissed myself in excitement, but it was just suggesting I buy Madden 08 on consoles I don't have.

With the NFL draft starting tomorrow, it'd be pretty great if you guys finally got it working![/QUOTE]

My OPS team assures me we're creating a new product page this week. Stay tuned...sorry :(.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']Hey Tony,

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']I'm also interested in Torchlight II especially if there is a discount for pre-ordering or some bonus other than Torchlight I, but only if it's a Steam redeemable key. Otherwise I'll pass and wait for a Steam sale.[/QUOTE]

If we do get Torchlight II it would be Steam redeemable. I don't know how likely it is we'll be distributing Runic games in the next month though. We're working on it but I don't have even a rough timeline yet.

As for getting prequels when pre-ordering sequels, with MP3 that's why we're giving away so much other value towards R* games with the pre-order, rather than just a prequel offer.

[quote name='roymustang']Hey Tony,

Is there any chance of FFXI Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition being on sale anytime soon? I remember you guys had it for 5 bucks for a while last year. Gamersgate just had it on sale for 5 bucks last weekend but I really didn't feel like signing up with them just to get it. I submitted to you guys for a price match but I guess it was a no go.

I wanna start up again during the summer months when there's not much else to play and I already own the game including all expansions and such but my discs are in my closet somewhere and I'd rather avoid looking for them if possible. Plus I wouldn't mind getting the "Destrier Beret" item since I might level some new jobs. Also I might get myself a Trinity based ultrathin laptop this summer and it won't have a disc drive so it be great to have the digital download available so I could install it.

Anyway with the 10th anniversary of the game coming up next month I was wondering if you knew of any possible upcoming deals for it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'll work on getting this into the May event. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My sad story is I've started setting some weekly time aside for gaming and I can't tear myself away from League of Legends long enough to finish a single player game...what is wrong with me?[/QUOTE]
I don't know, but it's wrong with me too. I have an ungodly number of games, and all I play is Battlefield 3. It's like junk food: filling and addictive enough to keep me from a proper meal.

What's coming up in the weeks ahead? What terrors shall my wallet face from Amazon?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I don't know, but it's wrong with me too. I have an ungodly number of games, and all I play is Battlefield 3. It's like junk food: filling and addictive enough to keep me from a proper meal.

What's coming up in the weeks ahead? What terrors shall my wallet face from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

The next couple of weeks are going to be stupid awesome :).

Look forward to deals on Deus Ex ($6.99/$7.99 Standard/Augmented) Dungeon Siege III $5, some KILLER Double Fine deals, Serious Sam Franchise sales and our May event, which you guys are going to go nuts for.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='dopehat']Thanks picked up the walking dead :) such an amazing game[/QUOTE]

It's good other than the classic telltale horrible audio compression.

Voted for RF since its the only one I don't have. Tony is there a link to a page that contains all the winning deals? Was curious as to what kindle book won, but I don't remember which ones were nominated.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Voted for RF since its the only one I don't have. Tony is there a link to a page that contains all the winning deals? Was curious as to what kindle book won, but I don't remember which ones were nominated.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if this works:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/dealsvote?mode=preview&slot_center-2=A-362720582-1

Unsure if this was an internal link. If it doesn't I'll get you one that does. These deals go live by 6:00PM PST, I just wanted to get ours up super fast.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='EvilInside']Crysis 1 actives on Origin?[/QUOTE]

Nope; most older EA games [like Crysis] don't activate on Origin.
You can trying bugging EA support, and they could add the Origin version of Crysis, but it's basically a hit-n-miss with them depending on your EA support rep.
It still works fine by downloading/installing from Amazon; basically the digital form of the DVD version.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The next couple of weeks are going to be stupid awesome :).

Look forward to deals on Deus Ex ($6.99/$7.99 Standard/Augmented) Dungeon Siege III $5, some KILLER Double Fine deals, Serious Sam Franchise sales and our May event, which you guys are going to go nuts for.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

i like the sound of that. it's been a while since i've added to my backlog and i'm going through game purchase withdrawl...my hands are shaking...i can't concentrate...i need a fix!!!

Hey Tony,
So whats the deal with Madden '08?
Was the problem which prevented it from coming up during the sports sale eventually resolved so it can go on sale sometime in future when a EA/Sports sales come up?.

N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back