Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Which game are you having issues with? I'd like to be able to forward on to our tech team.

If you can PM me some screenshots too that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM detailing the issues I am experiencing.

[quote name='jlg6184']I sent you a PM detailing the issues I am experiencing.[/QUOTE]

Just responded, thanks for the heads up. We'll get you resolved.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the UBI sale. I appreciated the value and no DRM.

I haven't been around this thread since the beginning but I genuinely wonder why this thread is stickied. I'm just curious becuase the steam thread get's traffic and it's not sticked. Do the other sticked threads have reps in them? I'm not slamming, just curious.

Played through Generations on console, but for $7.50 I might get it for PC. I saw one post about a slowdown on one level on every computer, other than that is the performance of it pretty well on PC?

Also, does that and the Genesis Bundle work with a 360 controller?

[quote name='pantsattack']Thanks for the UBI sale. I appreciated the value and no DRM.

I haven't been around this thread since the beginning but I genuinely wonder why this thread is stickied. I'm just curious becuase the steam thread get's traffic and it's not sticked. Do the other sticked threads have reps in them? I'm not slamming, just curious.[/QUOTE]

Steam topic not having an actual rep probably has something to do with it, along with that its pretty much just community ran and not so quick on "official" updates on the front page. Whereas Tony keeps this topic fresh and updated by the minute usually. The steam topic probably has a good case of being stickied also, but that is totally up to Cheapy D and the mods that run this place.

Does the site financially benefit from amazon directly? Does Tony run threads like these anywhere else? It is very cool and helpful that he's here.

[quote name='pantsattack']Does the site financially benefit from amazon directly? Does Tony run threads like these anywhere else? It is very cool and helpful that he's here.[/QUOTE]

Not to speak to in depth about Cheapy's business but yes, the reason there are tags at the end of the links and the "do not post your own affiliate links" rule exists is because, as an Amazon associate, his group gets commission on Amazon sales that come from clicks from this site.

As for other communities I'm involved in, I post on Neogaf and Reddit from time to time but this is only community I actively manage.

I tested the waters all over the place, but after a few months it became clear that this community was the best investment of my time/resources. This group has been phenomenal about helping spread the word to other sites on the internet, which frees me up to have a really hands on attitude with you guys (and gals).

Cheers,
Tony

Amazing price for Sonic Generations, almost makes me wish I had waited. To anyone picking it up, you will not be disappointed!

Just bought Sonic Generations, Great game at a great price. :D

If anyone is on the fence about the game, just play the demo.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not to speak to in depth about Cheapy's business but yes, the reason there are tags at the end of the links and the "do not post your own affiliate links" rule exists is because, as an Amazon associate, his group gets commission on Amazon sales that come from clicks from this site.

As for other communities I'm involved in, I post on Neogaf and Reddit from time to time but this is only community I actively manage.

I tested the waters all over the place, but after a few months it became clear that this community was the best investment of my time/resources. This group has been phenomenal about helping spread the word to other sites on the internet, which frees me up to have a really hands on attitude with you guys (and gals).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I wish I knew this sooner. I always bought my games from Amazon, but not using links from this site; I just manually typed Amazon into my browser.

Well from now on, I know what to do :D

Picked up sonic. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I'll make sure to use the links from this site from now on to show where the deals are coming from. I usually see the deals here, and then go search amazon later once I've decided to buy.

[quote name='DK745']Played through Generations on console, but for $7.50 I might get it for PC. I saw one post about a slowdown on one level on every computer, other than that is the performance of it pretty well on PC?

Also, does that and the Genesis Bundle work with a 360 controller?[/QUOTE]

To answer the Generations question, it can be pretty demanding however if your computer can handle it, the game looks absolutely amazing since it runs at 60 fps compared to 30 fps of the consoles.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not to speak to in depth about Cheapy's business but yes, the reason there are tags at the end of the links and the "do not post your own affiliate links" rule exists is because, as an Amazon associate, his group gets commission on Amazon sales that come from clicks from this site.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh you! :whistle2:#

Tony, you do a wonderful job here. I love that you're interested in directly interacting with the community. More companies should do this.

I think that you should edit the OP with which games activate on Steam when people figure out which do, or if you already know, i.e. when some games are Steam required/Steamworks. I don't know if you have a policy against it because it's supporting a competitor, but correct me if I'm wrong, Amazon still gets the money for the game right? It seems like tons here are only interested if it's Steam activateable, and while I'm not one of them Steam is certainly my preferred downloadable platform. It would save a lot of duplicate questions and whining from anti-Steam people I think.

tl;dr Tony you're doing a great job and I think that you should add which games are Steam activateable in the OP.

[quote name='DK745']Played through Generations on console, but for $7.50 I might get it for PC. I saw one post about a slowdown on one level on every computer, other than that is the performance of it pretty well on PC?

Also, does that and the Genesis Bundle work with a 360 controller?[/QUOTE]

I was curious about the Genesis Bundle working with a 360 controller as well, I already have the Ultimate Genesis Collection myself but I told my dad about this pack and he purchased it off of Amazon earlier and he didn't really care for the controls on the keyboard, and if they do work I was telling him about those MadCatz fightpads since they essentially have the Genesis load out on them which may make playing the games much nicer.

Also, does that and the Genesis Bundle work with a 360 controller?[/QUOTE] Not sure if the Genesis bundle works with a 360 controller, but Generations does. Generations is definitely superior on PC as long as you've got a decent computer.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']So you quoted a mere 2 people and that's supposed to change my entire perception? Yeah I don't think that's how that works.

Also, you neglected to answer to my main concern: if you're pushing a march madness sale, why are the console versions not also on sale? Is it PC Madness as well? What makes PC get treatment and not consoles?

The only reason I can come up with is poor PC sales. Retailers seem to have deals based on either very well, or very poor selling games (relative to said retailers' expectations), and if you claim the former, then you're implying that PC versions sell better than console versions *chuckles*[/QUOTE]

What's your issue? I bought 2K12 from Amazon also. User mods from NLSC will keep this game fresh after 2K shuts down 2Kshare.

Just tried the Generations demo, the Classic Sonic level seemed slow at first but after playing through it I don't think it was anything; seemed to run smoothly on both levels. Between the minimum and recommended on graphics card but still ran on highest settings.

Thanks everyone.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I wish I knew this sooner. I always bought my games from Amazon, but not using links from this site; I just manually typed Amazon into my browser.

Well from now on, I know what to do :D[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, same here.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I was curious about the Genesis Bundle working with a 360 controller as well, I already have the Ultimate Genesis Collection myself but I told my dad about this pack and he purchased it off of Amazon earlier and he didn't really care for the controls on the keyboard, and if they do work I was telling him about those MadCatz fightpads since they essentially have the Genesis load out on them which may make playing the games much nicer.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it works just fine with a 360 controller. The launcher detected mine and I've yet to play a game where all buttons are not recognized.

[quote name='sunghost']Not sure if the Genesis bundle works with a 360 controller, but Generations does. Generations is definitely superior on PC as long as you've got a decent computer.[/QUOTE]

I'm buying Generations. That's the cheapest it's going to be for a while. It's awesome having a gaming rig along with the Xbox 360, and PS3. ;)

[quote name='sunghost']Not sure if the Genesis bundle works with a 360 controller, but Generations does. Generations is definitely superior on PC as long as you've got a decent computer.[/QUOTE]

According to this picture, it works with a Xbox 360 controller.
ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1

Haha. I built a new rig at just the right time - traded in my 360 for $140, flipped a bunch of BACs and ME2s and Rages mixed in with some of my older games that were still getting a few bucks bumped up to $6-10 each (roughly what I paid +/- $1 ea.) with the bonus, and replaced them with super cheap PC downloads between the Amazon and Steam sales, even snagged some things off of Origin by getting some of the 75% off EA cards with my credit.

Now I just have to find where I put that stupid tiny 360 Controller PC adapter dongle thing...

Oh, and with this latest $7.50 Genesis Megapack, I might actually feel comfortable downsizing my Genny collection a bit...I used to be "physical or nothing" but its so nice to clear out some room and have everything accessable with a click or two. Even if I get a buck each for the hard copies (which is highly unlikely, most of those run at least $5 and I regularly get $8-10 apiece for even minor titles when I vendor at conventions), that's a damn nice swing - and since I keep my Sega games boxed, that's a good 3'x3'x1' of space I'm freeing up.

Thanks OP for the great deal! Do you know from the Sega games on sale, which ones can be activated on Steam? TIA!!!

[quote name='kaydigi']What's your issue? I bought 2K12 from Amazon also. User mods from NLSC will keep this game fresh after 2K shuts down 2Kshare.[/QUOTE]

Amazon site doesn't list any DRM for NBA 2k12. So is it DRM free?

Tony,

Any chance of a deal on Amnesia The Dark Descent in the near future? I just beat it and raved about it to all of my friends -- what a fantastic game! Now they all want to buy it but every one of them were like "gonna wait for a steam sale."

I figured maybe you can swoop in and take all their business. :)

[quote name='avwjase']Tony,

Any chance of a deal on Amnesia The Dark Descent in the near future? I just beat it and raved about it to all of my friends -- what a fantastic game! Now they all want to buy it but every one of them were like "gonna wait for a steam sale."

I figured maybe you can swoop in and take all their business. :)[/QUOTE]

It's still on sale for 4.99 at gamestop.com

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's still on sale for 4.99 at gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

Hey guys, I submitted the PM for that this morning but it looks like there wasn't anyone around to approve it. My bad, if the price is still in place tomorrow I'll follow up when we're all in the office.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Slim Gatsby'] Even if I get a buck each for the hard copies (which is highly unlikely, most of those run at least $5 and I regularly get $8-10 apiece for even minor titles when I vendor at conventions), that's a damn nice swing - and since I keep my Sega games boxed, that's a good 3'x3'x1' of space I'm freeing up.[/QUOTE]

If you have all the original boxing of the games, my recommendation is to keep it with you or try to sell them to collectors (I know people who pays well even if the package is open). They will become expensive...

Tony,

After reading through the last 3-4 pages, I take it back, perhaps Cool Story Bro is the best response after all. ;)

The new Amazon site layout looks really good.

Hoping that it would be possible to spend some time modifying the item page layout, too.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Oh, and with this latest $7.50 Genesis Megapack, I might actually feel comfortable downsizing my Genny collection a bit...I used to be "physical or nothing" but its so nice to clear out some room and have everything accessable with a click or two. Even if I get a buck each for the hard copies (which is highly unlikely, most of those run at least $5 and I regularly get $8-10 apiece for even minor titles when I vendor at conventions), that's a damn nice swing - and since I keep my Sega games boxed, that's a good 3'x3'x1' of space I'm freeing up.[/QUOTE]
Don't. Please. Don't.

As tempting as it might seem, the emulator really blows. It's horrible. HORRIBLE. Just keep the actual carts.

Its not listed on the first post, but Saints Row 3 is half off at this time. Bought it yesterday and have been having such an amazing time with it. Really should have bought this earlier.

Saints Row 3 really is good, despite its glacial early pacing and dearth of side content. I really hope that if THQ folds, Volition escapes intact with the IP. I want me some more Saints Row.

Tony: From what I see on GAF, DRM-free has done pretty well for you. Are publishers encourage by the results? Are they seeing the possibilities?

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Don't. Please. Don't.

As tempting as it might seem, the emulator really blows. It's horrible. HORRIBLE. Just keep the actual carts.[/QUOTE]
Since I'm tempted by the $7.50 price for all those Genesis classics, I'm curious how the emulator "blows." Does it stretch the image? No graphical customization options? Bad button response? Big ugly borders around games running in the 4:3 aspect ratio? Any of those [for me] would result in a lost sale.

Either way, I've dealt with SEGA's PC emulators in the past with the DOS "Smash Packs" from the mid-90's. The newest PC version of Sonic CD, which runs on the "Retro Engine," as well as Jet Grind/Set Radio's current-gen (Plus PC) announcement gave me hope that SEGA's been really busy with their emulator programming.

@Tony, I, like other people have been pulling up a new tab to check out the deals in this thread. However because of your recent post I now know that practice doesn't give proper credit to the people making it possible. As long as you update the first post with the new deals (like this weeks Sonic Generations) I will make a concerted effort to use those links. Thanks Again for the awesome work. (it might be a good idea to tell people exactly why they should use the links in a memo in the first post, I'm sure there are a lot more people not thinking it's important).

Yeah, since Penumbra Collection is already $5 at Amazon, imma pick that up, would love to grab Amnesia too, since it's sitting in my Steam Wishlist along with Penumbra, just waiting for a drop. It's first come first serve. But that brings me back to my post above....How do I give Tony credit for me purchasing the game. Can you create some kind of CAG code that we all can use at checkout (not to discount, just to show where the sale came from). Cause Penumbra isn't on the first post, and yet it's because it was discussed in this thread that I became aware that it was on sale. How do I help you out Tony??

And also Amnesia is the exact same price for the digital version as the dvd w/free shipping (both sold and "shipped" by Amazon). That seems a little off anyhow,should be easy to adjust the price for the download. Isn't there supposed to be an implied discount because it's not having to be shipped and there's no overhead?

[quote name='bloodattonment']Do the Sega Collection games install individually or as one program?[/QUOTE]

It looks like there's a dozen installs total.

[quote name='walkonshadows']

And also Amnesia is the exact same price for the digital version as the dvd w/free shipping (both sold and "shipped" by Amazon). That seems a little off anyhow,should be easy to adjust the price for the download. Isn't there supposed to be an implied discount because it's not having to be shipped and there's no overhead?[/QUOTE]

True, but there is a good trade off here...Amazon will store the game for you for as long as they exist so although there is no shipping or physical game that extra money is used to provide server space, maintenance of these servers and the bandwidth on their end for us gamers to access the binaries of these games in the future.

I think it's a fair trade. Wish this service existed years ago, no more needing space on the shelf, lost disks or worries of a scratched cd ruining future ability to install and play our games. I almost wept when a my original copies of FF VII got so scratched they no longer played.

[quote name='Shrowd']True, but there is a good trade off here...Amazon will store the game for you for as long as they exist so although there is no shipping or physical game that extra money is used to provide server space, maintenance of these servers and the bandwidth on their end for us gamers to access the binaries of these games in the future.

I think it's a fair trade. Wish this service existed years ago, no more needing space on the shelf, lost disks or worries of a scratched cd ruining future ability to install and play our games. I almost wept when a my original copies of FF VII got so scratched they no longer played.[/QUOTE]
I'm starting to feel the same way too (just don't tell tony;)) that the digital versions give you far more flexibility than the physical ones. It was very hard letting go of the 'box on the shelf' void. Just about the only thing I miss from the digital versions are manuals I can look at/read while playing the game; I do not want to print the PDF versions.

BTW what finally got me over the boxes was Amazon's policy around replacing your cd keys. I had looked into steam a while back but the stories (you only hear the bad ones) of folks having lost their account access always kept me away.

Of course as I write this, I'm looking over at a stack of dvd/cd boxes with missing manuals (read cd keys) :cry:.

[quote name='Shrowd']True, but there is a good trade off here...Amazon will store the game for you for as long as they exist so although there is no shipping or physical game that extra money is used to provide server space, maintenance of these servers and the bandwidth on their end for us gamers to access the binaries of these games in the future.

I think it's a fair trade. Wish this service existed years ago, no more needing space on the shelf, lost disks or worries of a scratched cd ruining future ability to install and play our games. I almost wept when a my original copies of FF VII got so scratched they no longer played.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, I do. However I was merely pointing out a discrepancy that exist with this game Vs. others with a digital variant. Something like:

Penumbra Collection (also made by the same company) available at Amazon ($13.89 disc + shipping if bought by itself, and the digital version selling for $5.00, $10 when it's not on sale.)

Battlefield 3 for PC ($40 disc) ($30 download)

Saints Row: The Third ($42.49 PC) ($24.99 download)

but to be fair I also found some examples going completely the other way:

Alice: Madness Returns ($14.89 PC) ($24.73 download)

Dead Island ($19.68 PC) ($22.49 download)

My point is that, normally there would be the expectation that the digital version would be cheaper, as it is in most cases. There is also the point that with the actual disc, you never have to worry about a company going under and their servers too, or contractual disputes requiring them to revoke access. I don't think anyone is going to argue that the digital versions could ever offer the security that a hard copy can. And I don't see anyone trying to argue that it's because of "convenience" that they possibly cost more than their disc counterparts. Every game that I've bought that was digital, even when not on sale (yes I am ashamed, but sometimes I can't help it) was ALWAYS cheaper than the disc, and not by a little either. Maybe I'm too green, but I was just taking note of how that doesn't seem to be the case. I mean come on, your telling me that the game is the EXACT same price when I don't get a case, or manual, and there will always be that looming gray cloud of whether I maintain access to the content or not. Regardless of how you feel about digital copies, unless it's completely DRM free, your gonna have to validate it through someone's server, and that means that server has to always be available in the future. That quite simply isn't something anyone, not even a giant like amazon can absolutely guarantee. I believe that's exactly why the digital versions SHOULD be cheaper. If not, then I'll gladly pay for the disc. I know I'll still have it in 15 years.

The main thing that got me over the "Physical vs Digital" debacle is that you can still burn physical backup DVDs of your digital games [which I do everytime I download a game]. Other than that, and as mentioned above regarding Amazon's fantastic no-hassle key policy, I've been doing digital games now for about 10 months and haven't looked back :)

[quote name='walkonshadows']I see your point, I do. However I was merely pointing out a discrepancy that exist with this game Vs. other s with a digital variant. Something like:

Penumbra Collection (also made by the same company) available at Amazon ($13.89 disc + shipping if bought by itself, and the digital version selling for $5.00, $10 when it's not on sale.)

Battlefield 3 for PC ($40 disc) ($30 download)

Saints Row: The Third ($42.49 PC) ($24.99 download)

but to be fair I also found some examples going completely the other way:

Alice: Madness Returns ($14.89 PC) ($24.73 download)

Dead Island ($19.68 PC) ($22.49 download)

My point is that, normally there would be the expectation that the digital version would be cheaper, as it is in most cases.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, some of the DVDs you mentioned are being sold by 3rd party retailers [some fullfilled by Amazon, but the Amazon price is higher]. Example: Dead Island DVD [3rd party] = $20, Download = $22.50, Amazon DVD = $25.
http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Silver-40781Dead-Island1-Download/dp/B005JF4J58/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1332194774&sr=8-7

Yes,but for the most part it's only free shipping at Amazon if you get the order total above $25. By the time you add shipping to the 3rd party sellers, it's basically a wash and you might as well take the amazon price for comparison. But those 1 or 2 dollars isn't going to make up the difference between the versions anyway. Good catch, but still not enough. XD

Now I have waited for 2 games to come along so I could combine them and get the order total over $25 easy and therefor free shipping, but that doesn't mean much when we are talking about the download still being more expensive than the disc.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']The main thing that got me over the "Physical vs Digital" debacle is that you can still burn physical backup DVDs of your digital games [which I do everytime I download a game]. Other than that, and as mentioned above regarding Amazon's fantastic no-hassle key policy, I've been doing digital games now for about 10 months and haven't looked back :)[/QUOTE]

That sounds like an interesting strategy - have you had the need to use any of those backups yet? Physically backing up my online purchases hadn't even occurred to me.

It's weird how much I've bought into the digital download model - I still love my consoles, but I am buying a LOT of games from Amazon and Steam lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back