Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Larce80']I'd get that, been waiting for metro to go below $5 since it was that price on sales since last December[/QUOTE]

It has been, twice at least and it has sales around that price pretty often everywhere, doesn't really matter where you buy it, since it's a Steamworks game.

[quote name='renhoelder']It has been, twice at least and it has sales around that price pretty often everywhere, doesn't really matter where you buy it, since it's a Steamworks game.[/QUOTE]
Ive never seen it below $4.99, got a source or something?

[quote name='deletion']got one also. what type of additions does the ME have?[/QUOTE]
Multiplayer-only things for the MP that didn't even work at release and by now is deader than dead. Another attempt at cloning CoD by EA.

[quote name='movac']Steam will actually let you turn off updates for individual games. The option is under the "updates" tab in the game properties window. That won't help you if you need to reinstall an older version of course.[/QUOTE]
That won't actually let you play those old versions, it will just save bandwidth until you try. Even Steam's offline mode is a bad joke, trust me on that. Only allows you to play games that were properly patched at the point you went into offline mode. And it periodically phones home online to check if you're still a legit user and all. IIRC after 30 days you're forced to phone home, can't use Steam/play games anymore otherwise.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']What is the deal with this thread, every page it gets to a point where there's a link to the next page that only redirects back to the current page. Never seen that before on CAG but it's happening consistently in this thread.[/QUOTE]
It's a common bug on another forum I frequent, not seen it here though. Same forum software :).

[quote name='Larce80']Ive never seen it below $4.99, got a source or something?[/QUOTE]
Metro and Darksiders have respectively been $5 all over the interweb a bazillion times. Cheapest for Metro I recall was 2.5€ = $3.7 back then, IIRC.

[quote name='Larce80']Ive never seen it below $4.99, got a source or something?[/QUOTE]

IsThereAnyDeal.com > Metro 2033> About> Price Statistics

[quote name='renhoelder']IsThereAnyDeal.com > Metro 2033> About> Price Statistics[/QUOTE]
did you even look at it? never goes below 4.99

[quote name='Larce80']did you even look at it? never goes below 4.99[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was referring to it being on sale under $5 since december, which it has been. Granted it hasn't been below 4.99 on amazon, but it has been elsewhere, again, doesn't matter where you buy it from. And if $4.99 is too high of an asking price, for both Metro and Darksiders, then maybe you're bit too stingy, eh?

[quote name='MysterD']Oh, it's tied to my Amazon account...I see.
Well, that explains why there's no code there.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens w/ Crysis 2: Max's price.
Hopefully, C2: Max hits $20 on sale before July 1st - which I highly doubt. :p
That way, when I use the code, it's FREE! :p

I'm not spending $20 on this game just for *THAT* kind of DLC.[/QUOTE]
It expires on June 12th (the first date mentioned in the email). The July 1st was a mistake, Tony said. :(

[quote name='Corpekata']Waiting for something to be reduced below 75 percent seems like it would be a pretty frustrating affair.[/QUOTE]

Most digital games seem to hit 75% off several times throughout the year if you look in the right places. However a 75% 6 months after release is generally more expensive than a 75% off 1.5 years after release since the base price changes.

Basically, if you get far enough behind in your gaming waiting that long is the norm and you save quite a bit of money.

[quote name='Larce80']I'd get that, been waiting for metro to go below $5 since it was that price on sales since last December[/QUOTE]

I think maybe you should of rephrased this by saying you've been waiting for it to go less than $4.99.

Because technically $4.99 is below $5 but it seems you want lower than that. I really don't see it going lower than 75% anytime soon. Maybe 80%, but that would still be $4. A double pack I could see being $7.49 at absolute best so maybe your expectations are just a little out of sync.

[quote name='Darker']How's the controls for those 2k12 sport games? I got Fifa 12 a while back and man were those controls a mess.[/QUOTE]

With the xbox 360 controller...excellent. Remember to turn on locked for fielding, it's cuts down on some of the wonky animations.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']That's strange, usually in my experience that would result in the new page disappearing instead of a ghost page lingering. Maybe I'm wrong, just don't recall seeing this before. It only bugs me cause I think I'm on the new page and end up reading half of the page over again before I realize it's the same page![/QUOTE]
It's because the deleted posts are still visible to moderators.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think maybe you should of rephrased this by saying you've been waiting for it to go less than $4.99.

Because technically $4.99 is below $5 but it seems you want lower than that. I really don't see it going lower than 75% anytime soon. Maybe 80%, but that would still be $4. A double pack I could see being $7.49 at absolute best so maybe your expectations are just a little out of sync.[/QUOTE]

The lowest, I believe, was 2,49€ (on Steam and Gamersgate) which is about $3,2, under that haven't seen and I don't think it'll be cheaper without some kind of glitch or coupon, who knows. But with THQ in financial trouble these games should be on sale fairly often.

Back to the amazon deals.

@Tony are the hamsters up for a jog to PM Rayman Originis? I already asked, but I'd really like to know ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think maybe you should of rephrased this by saying you've been waiting for it to go less than $4.99.

Because technically $4.99 is below $5 but it seems you want lower than that. I really don't see it going lower than 75% anytime soon. Maybe 80%, but that would still be $4. A double pack I could see being $7.49 at absolute best so maybe your expectations are just a little out of sync.[/QUOTE]

It seems that by a large, unless you are prepared to wait years (3-4) "Big" games, or games with high production values and well received in general (basically everything this side of Duke Nukem Forever) don't see a lot of sales below $5. Mostly see games like this hitting a $20 base price on Steam and getting 75% off sales sometimes. It is very rare for them to go below that. Amazon seems to be very similar in their pricing.

[quote name='renhoelder']The lowest, I believe, was 2,49€ (on Steam and Gamersgate) which is about $3,2, under that haven't seen and I don't think it'll be cheaper without some kind of glitch or coupon, who knows. But with THQ in financial trouble these games should be on sale fairly often.

Back to the amazon deals.

@Tony are the hamsters up for a jog to PM Rayman Originis? I already asked, but I'd really like to know ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delayed response here :(. We don't have plans to match Rayman Origins at this time.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry for the delayed response here :(. We don't have plans to match Rayman Origins at this time.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No problem, are there any plans on including this in a deal in the near future or is it more publisher dependent?

[quote name='Idiotekque']I feel like it's that cheap so often because it's so damn hard to run at acceptable specs on anything but extremely high end machines.[/QUOTE]
I had it running with high settings on my old system which was a GTX 560 Ti and an old Core 2 Duo CPU. Not too high end. I was probably getting under 60fps but I recall it being pretty smooth. I only played for 15 minutes tho.

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']Most digital games seem to hit 75% off several times throughout the year if you look in the right places. However a 75% 6 months after release is generally more expensive than a 75% off 1.5 years after release since the base price changes.

Basically, if you get far enough behind in your gaming waiting that long is the norm and you save quite a bit of money.[/QUOTE]

For those of us with huge backlogs, it's not very hard to get "far enough behind in your gaming" to "save quite a bit of money." ;)

I suggested a Metro/Darksiders combo pack because they both have been on sale at 4.99 around a dozen times each and may have exhausted that price point. Modern big release games do seem to hold their value for a time and sales hover around $5.

I honestly thought Bioshock would never drop below that. With its combo pack success selling in the top 3 for a couple weeks and an instant buy for me maybe M/D would have similar success. $7.49 would be great.

FYI guys, I'm going to be really slow on responses until the Monday after E3. That being said, I will have time to pop on and post pictures, are you guys interested in that?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, I'm going to be really slow on responses until the Monday after E3. That being said, I will have time to pop on and post pictures, are you guys interested in that?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oui, shall be tuning in on via gametrailers or some alternative for the big dogs presentations.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, I'm going to be really slow on responses until the Monday after E3. That being said, I will have time to pop on and post pictures, are you guys interested in that?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sure, provided they are of booth babes :applause:

Is it just me or does the Crysis Maximum link take you to MLB2k12?
edit: nvm must have just been my phone.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yes please. I wouldn't mind seeing the new Divinity game, but really any pictures would be cool.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Pics would be fantastic. :applause:

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Don't forget to ask Valve when Half Life 3 is coming out.[/QUOTE]

Right after they figure out how to make it multiplayer and sell cosmetic items for the characters.

[quote name='Mooby']Right after they figure out how to make it multiplayer and sell cosmetic items for the characters.[/QUOTE]

lol you never know, HL3 will have some sort of MP and there is a good chance it will have hats or something similar. I mean look at what they're doing with DOTA 2, they just launched the dota store where you can purchase new weapons, equipment, etc.. (just like in TF2)

Dear Amazon, get them Amazon Gift Cards in Game Stop. Bought some Steam points there and realized yall are the ones with the deals. :)

I have a ton of Gamestop bucks but don't shop at Gamestop normally. Translates into a lot of Steam and PSN bucks.

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']It seems that by a large, unless you are prepared to wait years (3-4) "Big" games, or games with high production values and well received in general (basically everything this side of Duke Nukem Forever) don't see a lot of sales below $5. Mostly see games like this hitting a $20 base price on Steam and getting 75% off sales sometimes. It is very rare for them to go below that. Amazon seems to be very similar in their pricing.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, what's the point in waiting 2 years to buy a game to save only $2 when the price is already so low? Just buy the game at $5 when it's available at that price. I find it amazing that a game of the quality of Darksiders or Metro are even available at that low of a price considering it first shipped $45-55 higher.

Why bother asking for even moar? Or wait.. whatever. But I think that's ridiculous if it's a game you're actually interested in playing.

(not directing this at you.. you just happen to be the last person on this topic)

It's probably because being cags here, you'd feel even better if it's cheaper or free. It probably has to do with your game backlog; if you have a lot of other things to play, then it can't hurt for you to wait for an even cheaper price. I was planning to get the x-com pack, but noticed it's been as low as 1.99 on Steam so I decided to hold off.

With a huge backlog already and some other things higher on my playlist, I guess one point people should realize is that you shouldn't feel rushed to buy anything as well. It's not so much as waiting 2 years to buy, but for some of us (parents), we simply have so little time to game now that it's almost foolish to buy ANYTHING now for more than $5. If it's $2 less, that's another game already.

I think some of us also never buy new releases for plenty of good reasons (massive bugs, patches for game balance, high price, etc). I used to wait till things hit $19.99 for a boxed game, but with digital distribution now, prices are going down even faster and wait till less than $9.99 or more now. Even at that and lower prices, I doubt I'd ever clear out my backlog.

It really boils down to time. Plenty of us are buying things we simply don't have the time to play/try so with that in mind, people who are delaying a purchase simply don't need it bad enough.

Just another perspective as to why some folks wait.

I have a question about Crysis sorry if its been answered before. Do I have to use the securom or whatever it is or can I still play it without it?

I *did* just buy the Bioshock two pack. I haven't played or seen either. I've just seen the commercials and review clips. I haven't even watched the famous intro, because I knew I'd get to it one day.

I obviously don't mind waiting!

i go for crysis deal ;)
japan42.gif

[quote name='donkeymania']I just downloaded Sword of the Stars 2 from Amazon, but how do you install the game without having Steam download the again?[/QUOTE]:idea:
[quote name='Amazon']Initial installation requires a Steam account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='donkeymania']I just downloaded Sword of the Stars 2 from Amazon, but how do you install the game without having Steam download the again?[/QUOTE]

What Hal said. You don't. It's a Steamworks game so it requires Steam as noted on the item page, albeit not so prominently.

On the plus side though, this game has had A LOT of patches and continues to get patched. With Steam this process is a lot easier since you won't have constantly go to a site and keep downloading and install patches all the time as it will be done automatically.

And before someone chimes is with 'Well maybe I don't want to patch' from everything I've read about this game it was forced out the door too early and really needs the patching.

Amazon guy. Any chance on a UbiSoft Sale? I would like to get Anno 2070, but cannot pay 50$ for a DRM filled game.

How about 14.99 or 19.99?

Thanks!

[quote name='windsmere']I have a question about Crysis sorry if its been answered before. Do I have to use the securom or whatever it is or can I still play it without it?[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy this deal (already have all of those on DVD) so I can't say 100% but as far as I know all versions of Crysis use securom.

[quote name='donkeymania']I just downloaded Sword of the Stars 2 from Amazon, but how do you install the game without having Steam download the again?[/QUOTE]

Steam games are usually stored in Program Files (x86) / Steam / Steamapps / common. Try copying the files downloaded from Amazon there. Steam should recognize your game automatically. If not, choose "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" by right clicking Sword of the Stars 2 on your Steam library and choosing properties.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='Motoki']What Hal said. You don't. It's a Steamworks game so it requires Steam as noted on the item page, albeit not so prominently.
[/QUOTE]

If I understood correctly, he is not saying he doesn't want to install Steam; he is saying that he downloaded the game from Amazon and doesn't want to download it again from Steam.

[quote name='Chupatintas']

If I understood correctly, he is not saying he doesn't want to install Steam; he is saying that he downloaded the game from Amazon and doesn't want to download it again from Steam.[/QUOTE]

You can't download a Steam-required game from Amazon. They give you a code and you input it into Steam, which then downloads.

its too bad the 2k sports bundle isnt on sale and its just the single games. I'd have picked both up at a discounted price....now im just on the fence

Regarding the Plentiful Paradox Package, anyone know how to activate the DLC that comes with the Magicka Collection? According to the product page, the following is included:

Magicka Vietnam
Magicka Wizard Survival Kit
Magicka Caverns and Marshlands
Magicka Nippon
Magicka Final Frontier
Magicka Frozen Lake
Magicka Watch Tower
Magicka Robe Bundle

However, after activating the key in Steam, only the base game is available - none of the listed DLC seems to be unlocked. Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back