Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ev768']Sale hasn't started yet.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh. Now I feel like a bonehead! Thanks :)

Definitely eyeing Serious Sam 3 and Darkness 2. Mayyyybe ArmA, but I'm not sure if I wanted another multiplayer FPS to sink time into, especially such a crazy sim-heavy one.

[quote name='ginjaninja88']Yes i bought it previously and you get separate code for each dragon age game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's good news to hear :)

F. Good sale!

Really thinking of dropping my ME3 credit on Amalur, I hear it has good staying power. Either way I'm sure that credit will get eaten away during this sale, whereas before I thought it would last all the way to Darksiders II. -_- Questionable though since Diablo 3 is still May 15 and I'm currently embroiled in one my 60+ hour New Vegas games.

I hear Darkness II is really short, but $12.49 may be the biting price for me.

Will Dead Kel DLC for Reckoning have any discount? Also is that the base L.A. Noire and the Complete Ed. won't be discounted for this sale?

Definitely picking up Darkness II. With free $5 credit from the survey and $10 credit from Amazon Local this is a steal.

I noticed that will be almost complete Magicka sale (collection + cthulhu, horror & holiday DLCs). What's about the last, missing Lonely Island Cruise DLC? Any chances that will be also discounted?

Looks like a great sale. I have yet to bite on a DD from Amazon, but I can't resist XPand Rally, since its no longer listed on Steam. If that works out, Ill probably pick up Shift 2 and maybe GTI Racing.

Thanks for giving us a heads up.

[quote name='Splines']I already have DA:O, does anybody know if the DA bundle separates the games? In other words, could I buy the bundle and gift the extra DA:O Origin key (I assume it activates on Origin) to someone else?[/QUOTE]

I've wondered what is Amazon's policy around gifting digital items since they don't leave your list and as far as I can tell, there is no indication to Amazon that you've gifted it away.

For me, I've had to resort to giving gift cards to folks during sales since I don't want my digital list littered with items I've given 'away' but now have to keep track of it myself. In particular when buying DRM free games where I would have to download the game and somehow give it to the other person. I'm guessing this is why we haven't seen multi-packs on sale yet.

Alright guys, here's my dilemma. I've got all products in this sale linked up in a word doc, but I can't copy and paste it into this forum (it strips out the links). Anyone out there have thoughts on a solution?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapThomas']I've wondered what is Amazon's policy around gifting digital items since they don't leave your list and as far as I can tell, there is no indication to Amazon that you've gifted it away.[/QUOTE]

If you read the product page you'll see:
Note: Gifting is not available for this item.

These deals are great! My wallet is empty and my HDD is full.

... I'm sure this has been suggested before, but, why don't Amazon release their own gaming client? More competition is good for us! What do you guys think?

[quote name='d33jays']These deals are great! My wallet is empty and my HDD is full.

... I'm sure this has been suggested before, but, why don't Amazon release their own gaming client? More competition is good for us! What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I would honestly buy more games from them if they did. I have a ton of games on Steam but I'm not necessarily tied to them for life. I really do feel at this point that I need a client though. I want the updates without the hassle of hunting them down and I really do need a program to organize my games.

Just my $.02

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Started updating the OP with direct links. Gotta run to a meeting though. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Hey Tony, Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West & Post Apocalyptic Mayhem there two are steam redeemable as well ;)

IMO, a gaming client application isn't needed; Amazon is acting as a retailer and not as a platform.

Once Amazon starts a client, which will require additional resources, support and money; I doubt we'll be seeing the same "awesomeness" in the deals we currently receive.

FYI sorry to keep talking "at" you all instead of "to" you all, i'm seeing your questions and will absolutely respond. I'm just 150% slammed getting everything in place for this evening! Sorry again, if anything is urgent please PM.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='d33jays']These deals are great! My wallet is empty and my HDD is full.

... I'm sure this has been suggested before, but, why don't Amazon release their own gaming client? More competition is good for us! What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

having their own game client does NOT equate to more competition. Just an unnecessary hoop for consumers to jump through. :roll: Take the GTA4 i own over Steam for instance, I have to start Steam, GFWL and Rockstart Social Club just to run that one game and that is not very convenient :drool:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright guys, here's my dilemma. I've got all products in this sale linked up in a word doc, but I can't copy and paste it into this forum (it strips out the links). Anyone out there have thoughts on a solution?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You are actively selecting all the text in the file and then copy and pasting here, right? I just copied this from WordPad (in the programs/accessories menu in windows) and it did just fine. You should be able to copy all the text from your microsoft doc into wordpad, if word is giving you trouble. But if I'm understanding your problem, I just did it, as you can see below, and it didn't strip the hyperlink. Hope that helps.

Example:
new item:
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0F5M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333571158&sr=8-1

[quote name='agentghost']having their own game client does NOT equate to more competition. Just an unnecessary hoop for consumers to jump through. :roll: Take the GTA4 i own over Steam for instance, I have to start Steam, GFWL and Rockstart Social Club just to run that one game and that is not very convenient :drool:[/QUOTE]

I have several games on Steam that are like that and require to connect to multiple sites, server, DRM etc and I agree it's a huge pain in the ass.

Having said that I don't think a client necessarily has to be that way, it just depends on how it is implemented. Most of that sort of thing isn't even really a client per say but rather server side remote DRM connection checks. The client itself is just the software that you can install that organizes your content and notifies you of updates, so something like say the Amazon Android app store would be an example as well as Steam or Desura etc.

I definitely do not want to see a situation where we're running every game through 4, 5, 6 different checks on everyone and their brother's server but I also sometimes feel it would be nice if there were a (non EA) viable alternative to Steam.

I do love Steam, but I think GOG might be a better model for Amazon to follow. No need to create a separate program, just a hub where I can see all my games and maybe utilize Amazon's Cloud Drive for save game syncing.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright guys, here's my dilemma. I've got all products in this sale linked up in a word doc, but I can't copy and paste it into this forum (it strips out the links). Anyone out there have thoughts on a solution?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony, could u clear ur pm?
Tried to pm u but ur pm box is full... :(

If Amazon DVG does come up w/ a client, it better NOT be required to run or boot games up PERIOD.

One of the annoyances w/ Steam is all their Steam-required games requires Steam to run and most Steam-purchased games require Steam to run.
Origin starting to have some of its games require Origin - i.e. KOA: Reckoning [Non-Steam versions only], BF3, and ME3 - is flat-out annoying.

Thanks for putting SS2 up! Just saw it! You will making my wallet hurt tomorrow :p

I know you worked your absolute butt off for this sale (and it shows), I guarantee this is gonna be a big success for everyone involved :D

Thank you Tony, you are truly the best rep around!

Awesome Tony

Shift 2 Unleashed is an instant buy, Space Marine and Darkness II for friends too :applause:

By the way, Shift 2 Unleashed is registerable on Origin, you missed that one ;)

Asking again about guild.wars 2 early order stuff. But looking again I don't see digital version on amazon anyway. Could be to early.

That deal on LA Noire is amazing. I'm assuming it doesn't come with the DLC, but to be honest, the DLC was very weak. The stories in the ones I've played just weren't interesting at all.

In for Crysis 2. Sold my 360 copy for $25 a while back & never got to play much of it. Now I have a gaming pc, so I'd like to see the DX11 stuff & get used to the k/m :). Thanks, Tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back