Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on Amazon Downloads. Just bought LA Noire, and my question is, is there any way to back up my download after it finishes? I have crappy internet at my house, and well if I can back up my download to DVD's, it would be much easier for me if I ever need to reinstall it.

If not no biggie. $5 for La Noire is awesome. You are the man T-Money.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Question on Amazon Downloads. Just bought LA Noire, and my question is, is there any way to back up my download after it finishes? I have crappy internet at my house, and well if I can back up my download to DVD's, it would be much easier for me if I ever need to reinstall it.

If not no biggie. $5 for La Noire is awesome. You are the man T-Money.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can. If the files are two big for one DVD I back them up as archives split into equal sizes and burn them on DVDs.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yes, you can. If the files are two big for one DVD I back them up as archives split into equal sizes and burn them on DVDs.[/QUOTE]
Perfect, thanks a bunch. I will be doing that whenever LA Noire finishes. I expect in like 2-3 days, lol.

i'm having trouble downloading LA Noire, it keeps saying network connection lost even though i can access the internet, so then the downloader closes on me after about 2 hours. sure, my internet sucks (it drops every 1/2 hour or so), but i have no problems downloading steam and gog.com games. i'm in win 7 home premium. any suggestions or ideas? thank you.

[quote name='mentos888']i'm having trouble downloading LA Noire, it keeps saying network connection lost even though i can access the internet, so then the downloader closes on me after about 2 hours. sure, my internet sucks (it drops every 1/2 hour or so), but i have no problems downloading steam and gog.com games. i'm in win 7 home premium. any suggestions or ideas? thank you.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall how GOG works, but Steam has an active DL service that keeps reconnecting if your connection gets dropped. Not sure if Amazon does they same, they might need a steady connection for the length of the DL. Why does your internet drop every 30 minutes? Do you have a way to connect directly with ethernet cables?

[quote name='Cheel']Does anyone know if the Magicka collection on amazon includes all the same items as the steam version?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for sure, but if you just compare the notes, then no. The Amazon version is missing:
  • Gamer Bundle
  • Holiday Spirit Item Pack
  • Horror Props Item Pack
  • Lonely Island Cruise
  • The Stars are Left

If I were you and I was trying to get everything, I'd buy the Collection now, and these:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0069VFFTU/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
http://www.amazon.com/Magicka-Horror-Props-Online-Game/dp/B006FLK1F2?tag=cheapassgam08-20
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006FLJZ86/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

They're all a few cents more than the lowest price they've been on Steam.

And for the other two, I'd wait for a Steam sale.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't recall how GOG works, but Steam has an active DL service that keeps reconnecting if your connection gets dropped. Not sure if Amazon does they same, they might need a steady connection for the length of the DL. Why does your internet drop every 30 minutes? Do you have a way to connect directly with ethernet cables?[/QUOTE]

not sure why it drops like that. it is connected via ethernet cables, not wireless. :cry:

I've been wanting to get Darkness II for PS3 or 360, but for $12 (actually $0 after I used an old gift card), I couldn't pass this sale up.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Does the Darkness II support a gamepad?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does

Vibration with this game in particular is very powerful too :lol:

[quote name='mentos888']not sure why it drops like that. it is connected via ethernet cables, not wireless. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Have you tried contacting your ISP? I had an issue similar to this. My Internet would drop about 30 times a day and I got fed up and called and when a tech came out there was faulty wiring coming into the house that caused the drops. Hasn't dropped since, this was like 4 months ago.

Any way Dragon Age Ultimate can be $5, the bundle (1 and 2) is $9.99 but separately DA:U is like $26 and I already own DA2?

[quote name='houdinilogic']has anyone picked up the dragon age bundle? i'm wondering if it comes with individual keys for the two games (and in particular, if gifting DA:O is possible as i already have a copy).[/QUOTE]

You'll get three keys, one for the Dragon Age Ultimate (the base game and expansion), one for the DLC for DAO, and one for DA2. You're free to give anyone you want the keys you don't need, when I bought it I had Origins and Awakening but was missing most of the other DLC, so I gave that key away and activated the DLC for myself. BTW, if you have purchased any DLC and do that (I already had Warden's Keep), you won't be able to gift your "extra" copy of the dlc.

Just picked up CKII, activated on Steam with no problems. When I saw there was a big deal on downloadable titles I was hoping for one on this game, but I didn't think the deal would be this good. Thanks Amazon!

[quote name='Acragas']You'll get three keys, one for the Dragon Age Ultimate (the base game and expansion), one for the DLC for DAO, and one for DA2. You're free to give anyone you want the keys you don't need, when I bought it I had Origins and Awakening but was missing most of the other DLC, so I gave that key away and activated the DLC for myself. BTW, if you have purchased any DLC and do that (I already had Warden's Keep), you won't be able to gift your "extra" copy of the dlc.[/QUOTE]
you get 4, one for DA2 dlc as well

Only picked up The Darkness so far. My wallet has been taking a hit since coming to this thread more often... more so than when just Steam was offering sales. Thanks Tony :)

I'm interested in a couple expansions / DLCs for games I own on Steam. In particular, i'm looking at Majesty 2 or maybe the Pirates of the black cove game. Any idea if these expansions are compatible or will i need to repurchase the base game?

Update: That would be a no for Majesty 2. Bought the expansion and the base game would no longer launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bizarrorollins']Only picked up The Darkness so far. My wallet has been taking a hit since coming to this thread more often... more so than when just Steam was offering sales. Thanks Tony :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same as you on this, I think I spent more in the steam sales but I still haven't finished with these Amazon sales yet.

So far bought LA Noire and Crysis, was thinking about darkness but not sure if I would like it.

What you think?

sig.jpg

Thinking about picking up DoWII:Gold. Have been meaning to play it for ages.

Also, what's everyone's opinions one The Stars are Left?

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Is multiplayer dead for Space Marine?[/QUOTE]

Last I heard yes it was, and that was late last year so I can't imagine it being that good to be honest.

I bought space marine a couple days ago and played some extermination and team DM and didn't have any problems finding full rooms to play in an this was at 2am.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Just built a PC and was wondering if The Witcher 2 ever goes on sale? Or should I just grab a boxed copy for $30?[/QUOTE]

It was on sale for $14.99 a couple months back IIRC. I personally paid $18 for it and don't regret it at all.

YMMV but I've heard Target has the game in-stores for $20.00

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just DLed this and although Amazon gave me a registration key, I was never prompted to use it...I just installed and started playing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So I wonder if we can just throw the key in Steam?

I already bought the EU version collection, but would be nice to get it Steamed.

is there any way to not use your gift card balance when purchasing direct downloads ? Even if I select my normal card as the payment type it takes the balance away from my gift card balance instead.

Is STALKER worth it at that price, or should I wait for a Steam sale? I probably wouldn't get around to it for a while anyway.

Never played a STALKER game.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just DLed this and although Amazon gave me a registration key, I was never prompted to use it...I just installed and started playing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Hmmm...interesting...

I wonder what the key is for, then...
Was DRM removed?

Anyways - thanks for the info, Tony!

[quote name='Shrowd']Went to buy the Mount and Blade Collection Download and found the price on the website is $29.99 instead of $14.99

Mount & Blade Bundle[/QUOTE]

This is my bad, I'm changing to $8.99 now. My evening is being spent rolling through the past 4 pages of this thread and responding btw guys. Sorry for the continued delay I just like to take my time with the responses to this group in particular.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is my bad, I'm changing to $8.99 now. My evening is being spent rolling through the past 4 pages of this thread and responding btw guys. Sorry for the continued delay I just like to take my time with the responses to this group in particular.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony :D

Loving the deals, hope you can convince the powers that be to offer a discount on Blood Bowl Legendary Edition, but even if that is not for awhile my game queue is backed up thanks to the great deals you have been offering the past few months.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']For the DA bundle do you get two separate keys? or is it one bundle.

I already have DA:O, just want DA2, would sell other key.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned earlier:
[quote name='Acragas']You'll get three keys, one for the Dragon Age Ultimate (the base game and expansion), one for the DLC for DAO, and one for DA2. You're free to give anyone you want the keys you don't need, when I bought it I had Origins and Awakening but was missing most of the other DLC, so I gave that key away and activated the DLC for myself. BTW, if you have purchased any DLC and do that (I already had Warden's Keep), you won't be able to gift your "extra" copy of the dlc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Logain8955']What the hell? Looking at Sword of the Stars Ultimate Collection http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003HKS13I/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20, which is 6 bucks and has the game + 2 expansions and SotS Complete http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1359750062&pf_rd_i=979455011 which is 4 bucks and has the game + 3 expansions....why is less content more? Which one do I buy to get everything?[/QUOTE]

saw the exact same thing... could not find a reason for the complete collection being cheaper. I bought that version because it had all 3 expansions, but looking back on it I hope that was the right decision.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Are people still playing Lead and Gold? It looks fun but I'm wondering if it's useless if no one is playing it.[/QUOTE]

I don't really feel like installing it to try it out at the moment, but from the steam sale in the summer that had achievements for it the day it was on sale, it was still pretty dead, even then. This is pretty anecdotal, and out of date, but I don't think there's very much activity on the Lead and Gold servers.

Damn, I go out of town on a business trip today and come back ready to buy some amazon goodies and some of the stuff I want is sold out or something.

Is Mount and Blade Warband sold out for everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back