Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='avwjase']Damn, I go out of town on a business trip today and come back ready to buy some amazon goodies and some of the stuff I want is sold out or something.

Is Mount and Blade Warband sold out for everyone else?[/QUOTE]

Same here, the link just says "this item is currently unavailable." I was looking forward to this one since the original list was posted, too. Can we get a fix for this, Tony?

[quote name='miroresh']Bought DA combo pack and activated them on Origin but the keys I get for either DLC do not activate on Origin. Any clues?[/QUOTE]

DLC activates via Bioware

[quote name='miroresh']Bought DA combo pack and activated them on Origin but the keys I get for either DLC do not activate on Origin. Any clues?[/QUOTE]

http://social.bioware.com/redeem_code.php?path=/dragonage/redeem/en-us

[quote name='SiMMENS']Can you activate The Sabetour on Origin?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I bought The Saboteur from amazon in December of 2010 and it activated on Origin so I am sure nothing has changed.

[quote name='Snowmaru']Same here, the link just says "this item is currently unavailable." I was looking forward to this one since the original list was posted, too. Can we get a fix for this, Tony?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will get some new codes because that and scratches were my two 'must grabs' from this sale. I'm batting .500 on them right now. :)

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Are people still playing Lead and Gold? It looks fun but I'm wondering if it's useless if no one is playing it.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with it. It's a fun game but it's very dead and only ever really has people playing it when featured during a steam sale.

Hey guys,

I'm working backwards through these pages and responding to questions/comments page by page. If I miss anything pleas just re-ask. Thanks for the killer support for this event, it is likely going to be our best yet. Deals like The Darkness II happen because you all, as a community, make it worth it for us to put them together. It is really easy for us to pitch crazy deals to publisher when we can show them awesome results.

Over 50% of the internet chatter I reported today was from you guys posting everywhere :). Thanks and we hope you keep it up!

[quote name='paddlefoot']Feedback:

The price on Darkness II is outstanding![/QUOTE]

:) Thanks we're glad everyone is loving the deals!

[quote name='avwjase']Hopefully they will get some new codes because that and scratches were my two 'must grabs' from this sale. I'm batting .500 on them right now. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Snowmaru']Same here, the link just says "this item is currently unavailable." I was looking forward to this one since the original list was posted, too. Can we get a fix for this, Tony?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='avwjase']Damn, I go out of town on a business trip today and come back ready to buy some amazon goodies and some of the stuff I want is sold out or something.

Is Mount and Blade Warband sold out for everyone else?[/QUOTE]

So here's the deal on this guys. There is a piece of information on the page indicating the M&B Warband activates on Steam. This is not the case and for some reason the information won't fall off the page. As soon as the change flows through I'll open the page back up for sale.

Sorry for the delay!

[quote name='Shrowd']Thanks Tony :D

Loving the deals, hope you can convince the powers that be to offer a discount on Blood Bowl Legendary Edition, but even if that is not for awhile my game queue is backed up thanks to the great deals you have been offering the past few months.[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) we're working on some Blood Bowl Legendary love lately. I'll update as soon as I have an answer.

[quote name='Shrowd']saw the exact same thing... could not find a reason for the complete collection being cheaper. I bought that version because it had all 3 expansions, but looking back on it I hope that was the right decision.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Logain8955']What the hell? Looking at Sword of the Stars Ultimate Collection http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003HKS13I/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20, which is 6 bucks and has the game + 2 expansions and SotS Complete http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1359750062&pf_rd_i=979455011 which is 4 bucks and has the game + 3 expansions....why is less content more? Which one do I buy to get everything?[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys I fixed this so the version with less content is $1 less. Apologies for the confusion.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Yes, I want some Alan Wake....I think he said he hasn't worked with those guys yet.

I don't care about the collectors editon, regular ed is fine for me[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
Alan Wake: Collector's Edition = $24 on GetGamesGo for PC download.
I know you don't match International deals, but can we expect something like this or better sometime down the line? [/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Well, to go further than the $24 deal for Alan Wake: Collector's Edition on GetGamesGo...
Alan Wake: Reg. Edition = $20 on GetGamesGo.
Alan Wake: Extra Content [only] = $6.69 on GetGamesGo.

I'd like to see deals like that or better eventually on Amazon DVG, as well. :p
I'm betting you would, too...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I sure would..and for LESS[/QUOTE]

I didn't have time to reach out to these guys on this for the Spring sale. I will follow up with them tomorrow for a possible deal of the week. As of right now, nothing though. Stay tuned :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']DA:Ultimate dling at a whopping 233kbs. After 8 hours its at 15% with 28 hours remaining....[/QUOTE]

Are you downloading from Amazon or Origin? Origin downloads pretty fast for me, Amazon not so much.

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']DA:Ultimate dling at a whopping 233kbs. After 8 hours its at 15% with 28 hours remaining....[/QUOTE]

Amazon is usually pretty fast [for me], but I'm guessing because of the big sale the servers are getting hit hard.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']Only picked up The Darkness so far. My wallet has been taking a hit since coming to this thread more often... more so than when just Steam was offering sales. Thanks Tony :)[/QUOTE]

Glad you're getting some awesome gaming content for your new rig! There's a ton up for grabs at great prices right now.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Just built a PC and was wondering if The Witcher 2 ever goes on sale? Or should I just grab a boxed copy for $30?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hop25']It was on sale for $14.99 a couple months back IIRC. I personally paid $18 for it and don't regret it at all.

YMMV but I've heard Target has the game in-stores for $20.00[/QUOTE]

We don't currently have a relationship with the new digital distributor for that game (recently changed). We're working on it though, I don't have a timeline though.

[quote name='mkaliaz']I'm interested in a couple expansions / DLCs for games I own on Steam. In particular, i'm looking at Majesty 2 or maybe the Pirates of the black cove game. Any idea if these expansions are compatible or will i need to repurchase the base game?

Update: That would be a no for Majesty 2. Bought the expansion and the base game would no longer launch.[/QUOTE]

:( sorry man, are you saying your game won't launch at all now or just the DLC?

[quote name='Daf']Exactly the same as you on this, I think I spent more in the steam sales but I still haven't finished with these Amazon sales yet.

So far bought LA Noire and Crysis, was thinking about darkness but not sure if I would like it.

What you think?

sig.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deletion']man every week i look forward to see what amazon comes up with next. i love you amazon!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Got me the following already:

Darkness 2 - 12.49
Serious Sam 3 - 12.00
Serious Sam 2 - 3.00
Serious Sam Double D - 2.40
Serious Sam Random Encounter - 1.50

31.xx - One hell of a great value purchase right there folks!

Thanks again Tony![/QUOTE]

[quote name='metalkidz']Sales from Amz make me almost forget about Steam's big sale; who cares Steam when Amz is so awesome [/QUOTE]

Glad you guys are digging the content :). We're really trying hard to bring you some AWESOME DEALS!

[quote name='mentos888']i'm having trouble downloading LA Noire, it keeps saying network connection lost even though i can access the internet, so then the downloader closes on me after about 2 hours. sure, my internet sucks (it drops every 1/2 hour or so), but i have no problems downloading steam and gog.com games. i'm in win 7 home premium. any suggestions or ideas? thank you.[/QUOTE]

Did you get this resolved?

[quote name='Nychicano']The price for M&B Warband isn't showing for me.
Does it activate oon steam?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pinkgun']Hi Tony:

Mount & Blade: Warband - $3.99

The store page for this game needs a correction. It says "Requires Steam account for game activation and installation", but actually you cant activate it through steam, my friend just tested it and turns out the key is invalid for steam. Besides, if you google "Mount Blade: Warband amazon steam", you will find same results, unless your Warband is a box retail version[/QUOTE]

We're having an issue with some messaging on the page that we're trying to pull down. As soon as it is off the page we'll put it back up for sale. Hopefully early tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

[quote name='midloo']Anyone else think "Avadon: The Black Fortress" being listed under Casual is amusing? :)[/QUOTE]

This is one of those we had trouble classifying. I agree, not really casual, but more Indie in my opinion.

[quote name='MrTunaSandwich']Props on the sales Tony, I'm probably going to buy Combined Ops/Arma2 when I get my paycheck and make sure expenses are covered.

There's just one issue I have, as a gamer and enthusiast of PC hardware could Amazon please change it so I have an option as to where I'd like the installer to download to? It's my main beef with the Amazon downloader with the DD system in place. I've got an SSD/128GB and I'm running out of space and don't want tons of writes on it. So, could you please try to get them hamster rolling on their wheel to let me allow the installer on a storage drive such as... E:? PLEEEEAAAASE?

Edit: You're doing a top notch job Tony, I've pretty much resorted to Amazon for all retail purchases and subscribed to Prime because of your input and response to the community.[/QUOTE]

:) Thanks for the props man. As for the install location, this is something that we have on the roadmap but I don't have a timeline on yet.

[quote name='Hop25']Thanks a ton for the excellent deals Tony!

Anyone have any recommendations on the casual games? I didn't really see anything that stood out besides World of Goo.[/QUOTE]

What kind of games are you into? Avadon is pretty indie rather than casual. Also the Nancy Drew games do really well for us. I could provide better insight if I had some ideas around your taste.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='sunghost']Are you downloading from Amazon or Origin? Origin downloads pretty fast for me, Amazon not so much.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Amazon is usually pretty fast [for me], but I'm guessing because of the big sale the servers are getting hit hard.[/QUOTE]

You guys have issues with our download speeds? That's really surprising to hear we operate our technology on the same system that is used to process the data NASA gets from Mars.

http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/nasa-jpl/

Really surprised to hear about slow download speeds.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You guys have issues with our download speeds? That's really surprising to hear we operate our technology on the same system that is used to process the data NASA gets from Mars.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, I downloaded L.A. Noire (somewhere around 12GB) pretty quickly today. Maybe two hours?

Pretty sweet deal on the DA bundle. I loved the story in the original DA, and enjoyed the character build in Awakenings. I haven't gotten around to playing DA2. The reviews are very disappointing, but I'm willing to give it a go at $5.

Thank you for your work, Tony.

Congrats T-Money on winning the CAG Community Award. I knew you would win because this is what I said in the last thread:
Hey guys if you haven't already then go vote for T-Money for CAG Community Award 2011 you know he deserves it. Especially putting up with some of us and still coming back.

Thanks for your great deals and better yet your overall interaction with us here.

[quote name='headpiece747']Congrats T-Money on winning the CAG Community Award. I knew you would win because this is what I said in the last thread:

Thanks for your great deals and better yet your overall interaction with us here.[/QUOTE]

:) Thanks man! You guys are the ones who deserve an award though. Going back through the first couple pages of posts is really fun. We've turned this thread into an awesome place to talk about games and deals!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You guys have issues with our download speeds? That's really surprising to hear we operate our technology on the same system that is used to process the data NASA gets from Mars.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That might be the the most weirdly dropped plug for AWS ever.

Fantastic sale, though. Probably going to pick up some of the THQ stuff and some Magicka DLC.

It's nice to see someone is willing and able to compete with Steam in a realistic way with real deals and good customer service. Amazon is definitely entering my goto circle of digital distributors alongside Steam and GOG.

Thanks for the clear up Tony. I did say screw it and bought the $4 dollar Sword of the Stars, glad to know I got the right one :)

Got a friend to pick it up too, but now we're having problems.

Both me and him downloaded the game and we both got corrupt files. Different computers, same internet connection. He d/led it first, then when his borked up, I d/led it, same bork time, same bork channel.

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='Eldredpe']That might be the the most weirdly dropped plug for AWS ever.

Fantastic sale, though. Probably going to pick up some of the THQ stuff and some Magicka DLC.

It's nice to see someone is willing and able to compete with Steam in a realistic way with real deals and good customer service. Amazon is definitely entering my goto circle of digital distributors alongside Steam and GOG.[/QUOTE]

Lol wasn't a plug, my first day at the company they told me we were launching the cloudfront delivery service and said "alright new marketing guy, write the communication for this"....I learned alot about how we deliver data that week.

I still feel like the dumbest human being on the earth whenever our engineers start trying to explain how it works though.

[quote name='Logain8955']Thanks for the clear up Tony. I did say screw it and bought the $4 dollar Sword of the Stars, glad to know I got the right one :)

Got a friend to pick it up too, but now we're having problems.

Both me and him downloaded the game and we both got corrupt files. Different computers, same internet connection. He d/led it first, then when his borked up, I d/led it, same bork time, same bork channel.

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

So you're getting the corrupt file after DL? Have you tried re-DLing? What ISP are you using? Have you contacted our CS group yet?

I'll ask our QA team about the game tomorrow too to double check.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol wasn't a plug, my first day at the company they told me we were launching the cloudfront delivery service and said "alright new marketing guy, write the communication for this"....I learned alot about how we deliver data that week.

I still feel like the dumbest human being on the earth whenever our engineers start trying to explain how it works though.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't mean plug in a bad way or anything - probably not quite the right word to have used. I just thought that was a really crazy fact to drop to illustrate that the download speeds for games should probably be pretty solid from Amazon.

Ended up buying Darkness 2, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, and Avadon so far. Just a FYI, if you buy Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and activate it on steam, you will also get the base game too. I would also like to add my voice to the get a sale on Alan Wake: 60% off and me love you long time Tony. =)

[quote name='mewantgames']Ended up buying Darkness 2, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, and Avadon so far. Just a FYI, if you buy Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and activate it on steam, you will also get the base game too. I would also like to add my voice to the get a sale on Alan Wake: 60% off and me love you long time Tony. =)[/QUOTE]

So... there's no reason to buy the base game, then? Just go for Forged Alliance?

[quote name='Tancred']Well let me re-ask then.

What happened to the Silverfall expansion? Vai it disappear :C[/QUOTE]

sorry thought i answered this. We had some QA issues with it so we decided to pull it from the sale. If we can get it re-qa'ed and ready to roll by the 15th we'll add it and i'll let you know :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Eldredpe']So... there's no reason to buy the base game, then? Just go for Forged Alliance?[/QUOTE]
Yeah just put the code in for Forged Alliance in Steam and it will give you the base game, so really only paying $2.50 for each.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

So you're getting the corrupt file after DL? Have you tried re-DLing? What ISP are you using? Have you contacted our CS group yet?

I'll ask our QA team about the game tomorrow too to double check.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It got to the extracting stage and then said the file was corrupt. We didn't try re-downloading it on the same machine. His ISP is Time Warner, I think.

Trying to download it again now at home, on Verizon. I'll let you know tomorrow evening if it worked or not.

Thanks for the help!

What kind of games are you into? Avadon is pretty indie rather than casual. Also the Nancy Drew games do really well for us. I could provide better insight if I had some ideas around your taste.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was just trying to get a feel on some of the more popular games on the casual list. I've bought quite a few games that I normally wouldn't buy based on user response and ended up having a blast with them.

As far as taste in gaming goes, I'm a fan of just about everything except hidden object type games.

Thanks for the reply and awesome deals Tony!

So here's the deal on this guys. There is a piece of information on the page indicating the M&B Warband activates on Steam. This is not the case and for some reason the information won't fall off the page. As soon as the change flows through I'll open the page back up for sale.

Sorry for the delay!
[/QUOTE]

Well, that is better than being sold out. I thought you guys had already burned through your entire cache of keys and was totally bummed. :)

Also, for those considering LA Noire -- get it. The game is great even if I wasn't much on the ending. The DLC/Complete isn't really that good either. The cases really don't add much to the story or game.

i'm having a really good time with darkness II. i really feel I ripped you off amazon. :) thanks so much. debating to just buy crysis 2 and la noire for my pc even though i've played through them already on the console.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is my bad, I'm changing to $8.99 now. My evening is being spent rolling through the past 4 pages of this thread and responding btw guys. Sorry for the continued delay I just like to take my time with the responses to this group in particular.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just picked it up this morning. Awesome service bro, you run a first class department for Amazon.com. Much appreciated.

[quote name='mokmoof']Quick question: Do any of the Dragon Age games require Origin, or do they just include optional Origin activation?[/QUOTE]

Origin is optional, however you have to activate DLCs on Bioware account

Well for anyone wanting an opinion on the casual games, here's some that have me interested:

Runaway Series - these aren't listed in the casual section, but are classic point and click type adventure games. You control the character by clicking on the screen where you want him to move, you explore environments for clues and items and then use the items to solve puzzles/challenges.

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack The Ripper - another adventure game, but the Holmes series has gotten a bit more advanced when it comes to adventure games, you get to do alot more stuff and this game is pretty good.

Woody Two Legs and Zombie Pirates - haven't played this but this looks like it could be a decent tower defense type game.

Zombie Shooter/Alien Shooter series - honestly don't know if I can recommend these on Amazon since they have been in bundles and cheaper on Steam, but I was gifted the Zombie series by a generous CAG and it is tons of fun for a pick and play session top down shooter.

Hotel - Third person adventure game with some decent reviews, looks like it might be good if you like these types of games.

Alter Ego - Same as above, with a darker theme it looks, Bought this one myself but haven't played it yet.

Jekyll and Hyde - Same as above, looks like it might be cool with a cool theme.

These are really the ones I saw that weren't either Hidden Object, Puzzle or Time Management.

I enjoy Hidden Object games, but I know most people here probably aren't as big a fans of them. I saw some random platformer type games on the list as well.

I bought Big Rig Europe and am considering Bus Driver as both of those to me are casual brainless games, but I have to admit the controls on the big rig game are very very loose and not as realistic as I was hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaliaz
I'm interested in a couple expansions / DLCs for games I own on Steam. In particular, i'm looking at Majesty 2 or maybe the Pirates of the black cove game. Any idea if these expansions are compatible or will i need to repurchase the base game?

Update: That would be a no for Majesty 2. Bought the expansion and the base game would no longer launch.

:( sorry man, are you saying your game won't launch at all now or just the DLC?

@Tony. I didn't word that very well. I originally had the base games on Steam and tried to use the Amazon expansion for Majesty 2. It actually looked like it installed ok, but then the program would no longer launch. I ended up having to re-buy the amazon version of Majesty 2. A little annoyed at that, but its only $2.

After I finished downloading Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Mac Download], when I tried to install it, I received this pop up message:

"The following disk image couldn't be opened"

CallOfDuty4.dmg

Reason
error -199

=======

Do I have to re-download it or is there some other fix to it? I really do not want to sit through an 8GB download again.

[quote name='SandOfThym']After I finished downloading Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Mac Download], when I tried to install it, I received this pop up message:

"The following disk image couldn't be opened"

CallOfDuty4.dmg

Reason
error -199

=======

Do I have to re-download it or is there some other fix to it? I really do not want to sit through an 8GB download again.[/QUOTE]

I've had this happen for me on FM 2012, I re-downloaded the file and it worked then, it's just annoying because you have to completely re-download it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

nah. dling from origin. restarted it like 5 times too. just tried to dl a game off steam and its going at 1mbs, so its all on ea's end. king arthur 2 finished in 2 hours (via amazon), and its the same size (if not slightly larger) than the da pack.

Gamefly has a bunch of titles on sale. Namely alan wake for me. Any chance of a price match?
http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Search/?kw=SpringSale2012&cid=ssgfcan040612#.T38nQol5mc0

Not sure if my link works or not. On my iPhone stealth posting at work

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well for anyone wanting an opinion on the casual games, here's some that have me interested:

Woody Two Legs and Zombie Pirates - haven't played this but this looks like it could be a decent tower defense type game.
[/QUOTE]

Checked out the trailer for this one and bought it. It is basically a shmup in the water. You have a pirate ship and have to defend your treasure from other pirate ship in waves then there is a boss at the end of the level. I have only played the first level because I am trying to play in small doses so it will not be too quick.

Here is a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_OusK2Ootw

I have Pirates of the Black Cove through Capsule. If I buy the Origins DLC through Amazon, will I be able to redeem it to be used through Capsule?

Also, I have Cities in Motion that I got through GamersGate. Will the DLC that is for sale for this game work if I get it through Amazon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back