Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EliotAndrews']Ooooooh, shoite! I thought that Rockstar only released the "Complete Edition" for PC users. (After all, that was the only version advertised when it was announced and launched. [Source])

I was on the fence before, but now I'm bailing.[/QUOTE]

@EliotAndrews

At Retail stores, I think LA Noire Complete was only version released.

On Steam and other digital sites (i.e Gamefly, Gamersgate, GameStop PC App, Amazon DVG) , you can buy:
LA Noire [base game];
LA Noire: DLC Bundle separately;
and/or LA Noire: Complete [LA Noire base game + DLC bundle].

EDIT:
Post edited b/c I thought DLC bundle wasn't sold by ADVG, but it actually is. It's on the LA Noire PC download page.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm still showing the "Steam required for activation" messaging on the product page. I've re-escalated the ticket to see why this won't come off the page. I originally thought the ETA was this morning at the latest so I'm hesitant to toss out another time.

Sorry again on this, I'll let you know as soon as we have resolution.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm dying over here Tony. :)

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Ooooooh, shoite! I thought that Rockstar only released the "Complete Edition" for PC users. (After all, that was the only version advertised when it was announced and launched. [Source])

I was on the fence before, but now I'm bailing.[/QUOTE]

The DLC cases are not worth making a fuss over. The base game is well worth the $5 and the DLC cases are some of the weakest cases in the game. They really add nothing to the game at all IMHO.

[quote name='avwjase']I'm dying over here Tony. :)[/QUOTE]

Did you shy away from buying the collection? Tony reduced the price of all three games from 14.99 to 8.99 and you get all three according to the product page.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Did you shy away from buying the collection? Tony reduced the price of all three games from 14.99 to 8.99 and you get all three according to the product page.[/QUOTE]

I did not notice that and no, I already bought Mount and Blade 1 from the sale. I was gonna skip the 3rd one since every review says it is horrible. If I could return MB1 I'd buy the collection otherwise I'll just way for warband to come back I guess.

Only reason to buy Mount & Blade vanilla in addition to Warband is that there are a few really good mods that were never developed for Warband. Otherwise Warband is the exact same game with several technical improvements and an additional faction. Fire & Sword is pretty mediocre. It's basically a fan mod trumped up by the M&B developers -- firearms are pretty awkward in terms of balance.

[quote name='avwjase']I did not notice that and no, I already bought Mount and Blade 1 from the sale. I was gonna skip the 3rd one since every review says it is horrible. If I could return MB1 I'd buy the collection otherwise I'll just way for warband to come back I guess.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you could try Customer Service? I don't know if they could help, but I wonder if you explained the situation they might refund you so you can buy the bundle or give you a credit discount on the bundle? Worth a try.

Dragon Age: Origins + All DLC
Dragon Age: Awakening
Dragon Age II
The Saboteur
Darksiders
Metro 2033

All for $25? Done and done. Thank you so much! I use Amazon all the time but have never used PCDD before. I will be a repeat customer, that's for sure. (And kudos on the amazing community interaction!)

I'm holding out on bundles for Serious Sam and Red Faction, though.

Tony / Fellow CAGs,

Did you guys received any reports of issues regarding the DLC from the Dragon Age Pack? I DL'd it from Origin, installed and ran the game without any problems. However, all of the DLC that came with the is reflecting as Unauthorized and I'm unable to use them. I'm currently logged-in using my Origin credentials In-game and still it asking me to log-in as the user who purchased the content. I tried the Origin Live Chat and they weren't able to help.

I uninstalled the game and currently DL'ing it directly from Amazon. I'll see if it works this way. But I just want to check if you heard of issues about this. Thanks!

[quote name='Psybuster']Did you register the DLC keys on Bioware's site? (Use your Origin account info there too I believe)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply! ... I registered the DLC keys in the Bioware site as well but it still didn't work. I'm reading more about it in the Bioware Social site. Support suggested DL'ing the actual file for the DLC from there. I'll try that too.

I would have jumped at LA Noire, but it's not the complete edition, doesn't activate on steam, and the amazon version of the download apparently doesn't work.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']If I pick up Shift 2 will I be able to access the DLC?[/QUOTE]

If you activate your copy with origin you can get both DLCs for free from the store.

Thanks to Tony and all the team at Amazon for providing us CAGs with excellent deals!!

All together now "For hes a jolly good fellow.."

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']I would have jumped at LA Noire, but it's not the complete edition, doesn't activate on steam, and the amazon version of the download apparently doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

I read the reviews on Amazon about all the complaints about the game not working properly or corrupt downloads. I bought it on day one of the sale and had zero problems with downloading or installing. I'm about five hours into the game and haven't had a single issue with the game.

Plenty of people on various sites say that the DLC is very weak.

Doesn't activate on Steam? Yeah, that kinda sucks but, 'Add a Non-Steam game' and it's at least in your library after installing. There is in-game patches that automatically download without issue and Rockstar social club to get your jollies off for achievements.

Well worth the five bucks.

Just in case anyone is having the same issue I had with L.A. Noire back when I got it from greenmangaming last November.

Are you getting the error "Error binary patching file FileName LANLauncher.exe" when the 2nd patch is running?

The fix was pretty asinine.

I had to reinstall it to C:\Program Files\RockstarGames\L.A.Noire (notice that RockstarGames had to become one word; no spaces) as opposed to the default of C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\L.A. Noire

Then the patching got done and the game ran fine.

[quote name='d33jays']Thanks for the reply! ... I registered the DLC keys in the Bioware site as well but it still didn't work. I'm reading more about it in the Bioware Social site. Support suggested DL'ing the actual file for the DLC from there. I'll try that too.[/QUOTE]

Update the game to version 1.5 or w.e the new patch is from the same site. It fixed my dlc issue but now I'm struggling with getting awakening to show up on the other campaigns menu.

[quote name='d33jays']Tony / Fellow CAGs,

Did you guys received any reports of issues regarding the DLC from the Dragon Age Pack? I DL'd it from Origin, installed and ran the game without any problems. However, all of the DLC that came with the is reflecting as Unauthorized and I'm unable to use them. I'm currently logged-in using my Origin credentials In-game and still it asking me to log-in as the user who purchased the content. I tried the Origin Live Chat and they weren't able to help.

I uninstalled the game and currently DL'ing it directly from Amazon. I'll see if it works this way. But I just want to check if you heard of issues about this. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Dragon Age Origins Content Updater SERVICE must be running in the background to authorize your DLC.

First up - update to Patch 1.5; which is supposed to fix the DAO DLC activation issues.
If you have problems and you're already up-to-date w/ Patch 1.5, we can try the below stuff.
This is what I did to get it going, before Patch 1.5 was released...

So, we're gonna check to see if it's there. Hit CONTROL-ALT-DELETE; Go to TASK Manager; Look at SERVICES Tab;
See if Dragon Age Origins Content Updater is listed there. If not, it is not running in the background - a VERY Common DAO Ultimate issue.
I had this problem before, too.

Might want to check to see if DAO Content Updater is even installed.
Click Start; Click Run on Win XP type in MSCONFIG; Or on Win 7 Type in MSCONFIG into your search programs box;
Click on Services TAB - see if it's even in the list.
If it's there, MAKE sure it is CHECKED.
SIDE NOTE - DO NOT mess w/ anything else in MSCONFIG, if you don't know what you're doing!

If it's not installed, follow these instructions:
Go into Windows Explorer or My Computer and go to your DAO Ultimate game folder.
Look in the INSTALLER folder if you DL'ed the game from Origin.
If you bought game elsewhere like from Steam or somewhere else, check a different folder w/in DAO folder like REDIST for the file(s) we'll need.
You might want to run file - DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam.exe - I never needed to use this to get DAO DLC going, though.
Click on DAUServiceSetup.exe to run it - and run it as an Administrator. - which is the file that set-up DAO Content Updater to your SERVICES.
You might wanna reboot PC, after you do all of this - so everything takes effect w/ Windows.

You can check again to see if it's running in the background via Task Manager.
And/or you can run MSConfig and look at Services tab to see if it's there and checked.
If this is all a-okay, good to go.

Make sure you sign into BioWare Social account and register your DLC code there.
Boot DAO up and sign-into your BioWare Social account while in-game.
Wait a few moments, so it can activate your DLC.
Check your DLC list in the game's Menu - see if they activated.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']If I pick up Shift 2 will I be able to access the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can get it free from Origin Store

My account has a problem when buying anything from Origin Store even if it is free (lol!) so I had to contact chat help to complete my "free" order of the DLC

[quote name='d33jays']Thanks for the reply! ... I registered the DLC keys in the Bioware site as well but it still didn't work. I'm reading more about it in the Bioware Social site. Support suggested DL'ing the actual file for the DLC from there. I'll try that too.[/QUOTE]

Update with patch 1.5, it fixed my problem and now all DLCs work fine

Hey guys,

I'm glad you all got sorted out with the DLC. I also wanted to let you know that I cleaned up the OP and added this week's EA Sports Deal of the Week.

Cheers,
Tony

@zech34 @mysteryD: The DLC are now activated. It worked when I didn't install it via Origin and did it directly via Amazon Download App. I also confirmed that DAUServiceSetup.exe is running. Thank you!

FYI I just downloaded L.A. Noire on my Windows 7 64 bit machine in an attempt to replicate some of the errors you guys are mentioning. I can't replicate it so I'm kicking it up to our QA team to look at. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

I'm glad you all got sorted out with the DLC. I also wanted to let you know that I cleaned up the OP and added this week's EA Sports Deal of the Week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

DAO Ultimate DLC issues can be a royal pain-in-the-butt, if you can't figure out how to get them going.
Patch 1.5 should fix the problem - b/c it installs DAContentUpdate.exe, the setup file for the DLC activation.
For some reason, w/ most versions of DAO Ultimate (before Patch 1.5), they FORGOT to force that program to install itself when you're installing DAO!
Though, there are other ways to get 'em going, if you still can't get them going; see my post a few back.

[quote name='d33jays']@zech34 @mysteryD: The DLC are now activated. It worked when I didn't install it via Origin and did it directly via Amazon Download App. I also confirmed that DAUServiceSetup.exe is running. Thank you![/QUOTE]
Nice! :D

I'm guessing DAO Ultimate from Amazon DVG came fully patched-up w/ Patch 1.5 automatically.
Or their version forced the DAO Content Updater service to actually install itself.
Or both. :p

[quote name='GamingKnight']Just in case anyone is having the same issue I had with L.A. Noire back when I got it from greenmangaming last November.

Are you getting the error "Error binary patching file FileName LANLauncher.exe" when the 2nd patch is running?

The fix was pretty asinine.

I had to reinstall it to C:\Program Files\RockstarGames\L.A.Noire (notice that RockstarGames had to become one word; no spaces) as opposed to the default of C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\L.A. Noire

Then the patching got done and the game ran fine.[/QUOTE]

Major difference on Windows 7 64-bit OS b/t Programs Files folder [no attachment to it] and Program Files (X86) folder.
Program Files (X86) folder is for 32-bit support.
Program Files [without x86 attachment] is for 64-bit.

If you are on Windows 7 64-bit and you have any games not really supporting the 64-bit OS to its fullest, you really should install them into Program Files (X86) folder.
MOST games STILL DON'T support 64-bit OS to its full-extent!
If a game wants to install it into X86 by default, you let it do it - it's very likely a 32-bit based game!
You should install most of your DX9.0 or below games in there, too - BTW.
This usually helps get around the 32-bit and 64-bit issues.

Also, as usual w/ Win Vista and Win 7 - you should run any EXE files as an Administrator, so you can force them to go.
UAC is a pain - so, I keep it off, since I'm pretty good w/ using Windows. :)

$20 Games (Plus you'll get $10 back to spend on any EA sports game in the sale)

This week, download select EA Sports games for $20 or less. Plus, you'll get the same amount you spend back in promotional credit to buy more EA Sports Games. Customers who buy Fifa Soccer 2012 for $20 can get Fifa Manager 2012, Fifa Soccer 2011, and Fifa Soccer 2010 for free

Is this a mistale ? :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']On IPhone, can't research, sorry.[/QUOTE]

That's the weakest excuse ever.

"I can't google, I'm using an iPhone! But I can access a deal site, log in, browse forums, and post!" :)

I'm still debating on picking up The Darkness 2. Rented it and beat it on 360, really enjoyed it. Don't currently have a PC to play it on. I don't think it'll be this cheap again for a while.

Is there a chance that Dragon Age 2 will be sold separately with lower price (-75$, 4.99$)? I have DA1 Ultimate, and buying it second time would be a waste.

@Tony
Am I reading this right?

So, you buy say FIFA Soccer $12 for $20...
Then you can get Tiger Woods 12 ($10 value this week) and FIFA Manager 12 ($10 value this week) for FREE?

Do you get the $ back as a promo-code in your e-mail for EA Sports games?
Or it come off on your next checkout(s) that have EA Sports games in it?

[quote name='Ignus']Is there a chance that Dragon Age 2 will be sold separately with lower price (-75$, 4.99$)? I have DA1 Ultimate, and buying it second time would be a waste.[/QUOTE]

We don't have this slated right now but I will kick it up the flagpole.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Am I reading this right?

So, you buy say FIFA Soccer $12 for $20...
Then you get Tiger Woods 12 ($10 value this week) and FIFA Manager 12 ($10 value this week) for FREE?

Do you get the $ back as a promo-code in your e-mail for EA Sports games?
Or it come off on your next checkout(s) that have EA Sports games in it?[/QUOTE]

You are reading that correctly, if you buy Fifa Soccer 12 for $20 you'll get a $20 promo credit (directly into your account so you don't have to redeem a code) for any of the other games on sale. So you could us this to buy Tiger 12 and Fifa Manager 12 for free :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We don't have this slated right now but I will kick it up the flagpole.

You are reading that correctly, if you buy Fifa Soccer 12 for $20 you'll get a $20 promo credit (directly into your account so you don't have to redeem a code) for any of the other games on sale. So you could us this to buy Tiger 12 and Fifa Manager 12 for free :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Wowsers!!! Nice deal!!
Now, if only we had a similar deal where 2K Games' MLB2K12 and NBA2K12 were, after everything, $20 [or less] together.... ;)

Hey, Tony, is there a Witcher 2 deal coming up anytime soon (the original premium version)? In talks with some CAG's to buy or trade, but I'd rather buy new (and use Amazon credit :)). Thanks in advance, man.

[quote name='deletion']dang. i had to bite on crysis 2 even though i played through on the consoles already. damn you amazon!!!! :)[/QUOTE]
It convinced me to spend $230 (before $30 rebate) to buy a 2nd 2gb 560 GTX card for SLI from Amazon just this morning, lol, as I wanted to run single player on all Ultra on a 40" hdtv (w/ DX11 tesselation & high def pack at ~60fps).

[quote name='twztid13']Hey, Tony, is there a Witcher 2 deal coming up anytime soon (the original premium version)? In talks with some CAG's to buy or trade, but I'd rather buy new (and use Amazon credit :)). Thanks in advance, man.[/QUOTE]

We are currently in conversation to start carrying the game again as distribution rights recently changed. I'll let everyone know once this has happened.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony did you ever get any word on Gray Matter, I've been wanting to buy the DL version but it's currently almost 2x the price of the physical version?

Tempted to get Fifa 12 for $20 with the $20 credit.... problem is, there are no other games in that sale that I want!

So I'm kinda leaning towards not buying Fifa 12 because I would waste the credit.... and I hate wasting stuff...

I'm the first one to cheerlead these great Amazon sales, but this sports sale leaves me a little deflated. I'm not a huge sports fan, but I do enjoy them and owned quite a few on the older consoles in years past (PS, Genesis, SNES, 3DO). I figured I'd try getting back into them with this sale... but most of these titles appear (from reviews, at least) to be just plain bad - or mediocre at best. Top that with the fact that the cheaper ones are going to be sporting out-of-date rosters and I'm having a bit of trouble finding a couple I can get behind.

Maybe a few suggestions from sports game fans?

-Madden 08 looks mediocre.
-The latest Tiger Woods game seems to be nothing more than a standalone expansion pack for Tiger Woods Online. You even have to eventually pay for multiplayer and there are lots of microtransactions if you're interested in better gear.
-NHL games got mediocre reviews

Only the FIFA games seem to be well liked, with 11 being the sweet spot in terms of score and price. I'm just not sure I need more than one FIFA game so I'd have a hard time finding a second game worthy of purchase.

I had no idea PC sports gaming was in such shambles. :(

Tony, feedback on the Spring Sale - too much Meridian 4. Otherwise... thumbs up.

I noticed that M&B: Warband had the message about Steam removed from the page, so does that mean that it will be going back on sale today, or should I be expecting a different time?

[quote name='mewantgames']Tony did you ever get any word on Gray Matter, I've been wanting to buy the DL version but it's currently almost 2x the price of the physical version?[/QUOTE]

I sent this off but am still waiting to hear back from Viva, I'll follow up tomorrow.

[quote name='hal']I'm the first one to cheerlead these great Amazon sales, but this sports sale leaves me a little deflated. I'm not a huge sports fan, but I do enjoy them and owned quite a few on the older consoles in years past (PS, Genesis, SNES, 3DO). I figured I'd try getting back into them with this sale... but most of these titles appear (from reviews, at least) to be just plain bad - or mediocre at best. Top that with the fact that the cheaper ones are going to be sporting out-of-date rosters and I'm having a bit of trouble finding a couple I can get behind.

Maybe a few suggestions from sports game fans?

-Madden 08 looks mediocre.
-The latest Tiger Woods game seems to be nothing more than a standalone expansion pack for Tiger Woods Online. You even have to eventually pay for multiplayer and there are lots of microtransactions if you're interested in better gear.
-NHL games got mediocre reviews

Only the FIFA games seem to be well liked, with 11 being the sweet spot in terms of score and price. I'm just not sure I need more than one FIFA game so I'd have a hard time finding a second game worthy of purchase.

I had no idea PC sports gaming was in such shambles. :(

Tony, feedback on the Spring Sale - too much Meridian 4. Otherwise... thumbs up.[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback and it is definitely noted. To give you some insight into why we pull together so many deals from publishers like Meridian4 into our event based deals, we want to be good partners for all of the people who choose to sell their games on Amazon.com. As such, we need to provide them opportunities to participate in promotions, and give the customers who do want to play their games opportunities to buy them. That being said, we don't want to give up an entire deal of the week slot unless we're confident we're going to hit our target goal for the vehicle.

I can tell you that the Meridian4 stuff is performing really well in aggregate, and will definitely be considered a success.

As for the EA Sports deal, we've found that as a company we totally over-index for PC download sports titles so while they might not appeal to everyone or the normal crowd here (although some of your fellow posters seem to enjoy the deals :) ) Amazon definitely has a market for these games that we want to cater too...plus more PC sports games sales mean better PC sports games developed...which is a win win right?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='mantaray95']I noticed that M&B: Warband had the message about Steam removed from the page, so does that mean that it will be going back on sale today, or should I be expecting a different time?[/QUOTE]

I'm still showing the message under system requirements...can you take a Screenshot?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Eucliwood']Hi Tony,

Can we use the promotional credit with other games or just the EA Sport games under BOGO deal?[/QUOTE]

Just the games on the BOGO.

Cheers,
Tony

I've never played a Fifa, Manager, or Tiger Woods game before, but this sale has me thinking.

Debating getting Fifa 12, then using the credit to get Tiger Woods 12, Fifa Manager 11, and NHL 09 for free. But being as I don't know if I'll like them, I may just spend the $5 for a B1G1. Decisions, decisions.

I'm all for better PC Sports games being developed, but in most cases it's the game and not the platform - i.e. all platforms got similar scores (but definitely not in the case of Tiger Woods 12!). I was sort of just expressing my surprise at that and my inability to find two titles to be excited about based upon reviews. I may go ahead and try Madden anyhow once you get that back up. Too bad you couldn't go back a year or two on the NFL and golf games as they seem to be markedly better.

Regarding Meridian 4. That's just my personal preference. They make lots of games and I even have a few. It just seems like they dominated the sale this time around. I'm glad they are selling well for you because that makes it easier to have more sales with other publishers.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I've never played a Fifa, Manager, or Tiger Woods game before, but this sale has me thinking.

Debating getting Fifa 12, then using the credit to get Tiger Woods 12, Fifa Manager 11, and NHL 09 for free. But being as I don't know if I'll like them, I may just spend the $5 for a B1G1. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

You may want to read up on Tiger Woods 12. It's very closely tied into Tiger Woods Online and not in a good way (imo). I'm going to think about the 08 title, personally.

[quote name='Eucliwood']Can I use promotional credit to buy same stuff? For eg, I buy 1 FIFA 12 and then get one more copy for my friend.[/QUOTE]

Yep :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Is Saints Row: The Third good at $24.99? I want it but I can wait a bit if there's a better price on the near horizon.[/QUOTE]

I believe I paid $30 for it, and it's worth it. It's highly addictive. I'm actually heading home now, and I want to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back