Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I believe I paid $30 for it, and it's worth it. It's highly addictive. I'm actually heading home now, and I want to play it.[/QUOTE]

How is the PC version vs Console? I haven't decided on that either.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']How is the PC version vs Console? I haven't decided on that either.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the PC version but it was fun on console. Slowdown and mediocre graphics make me think that it would be much awesomer on a good rig.

Makes me wish console copies came with a steam code or something. And cloud saves so I could play on either whenever I felt like it. I might actually buy a game for full retail on launch if that were a possibility.

[quote name='Eucliwood']Can I use promotional credit to buy same stuff? For eg, I buy 1 FIFA 12 and then get one more copy for my friend.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

This might actually be the smartest use of the current promo!

And I just wanted to drop a line to say personally I love the inclusion of so many Meridian4 and smaller company games. Sure they are not top tier titles, but my eclectic taste has always had a soft side for odd little games and this fit my needs just fine.

can anyone give any insight about fifa 12?

i have fifa 11 and very much enjoy it. whats different in 12, is it worth picking up?

Why is it cheaper to buy the physical version of Tiger 12 than the digital? You would think it would be the opposite.

Also, why would anyone pay 5 bucks for FIFA 9 & 10 when 11 is the same price?

[quote name='Duckvader']I got unused credit if anyone wants a free $5 EA game
Ah...free that sounds nice =D[/QUOTE]

Just sent you a pm...

[quote name='psynide']can anyone give any insight about fifa 12?

i have fifa 11 and very much enjoy it. whats different in 12, is it worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

Hi, Fifa 11 was first fifa next gen in PC, but really was fifa 10 from ps3 with Squads from 2011 .

Fifa 12 is the same in pc & PS3 & Xbox360. Best AI, best graphics, online modes,...

Regards!

Tony,

I just bought Fifa 12 PC Download and I want to use the credit I received from buying that version to get Fifa 12 Mac Download, but the order is not processing my credit when i try to purchase the Mac Download. Is Fifa 12 Mac Download an exclusion from using the credit offer?

-Beau

[quote name='BeauNER']Tony,

I just bought Fifa 12 PC Download and I want to use the credit I received from buying that version to get Fifa 12 Mac Download, but the order is not processing my credit when i try to purchase the Mac Download. Is Fifa 12 Mac Download an exclusion from using the credit offer?

-Beau[/QUOTE]

It should be applicable, I just checked again hit "refresh" on the system that manages all the promotions.

Try checking out now and see if it works.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Is anyone having installation issues with LA Noire?

The very recent reviews for LA Noire look horrendous.....
http://www.amazon.com/Rockstar-Game...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tjs09']Yeah, they're the only thing keeping me away at this point[/QUOTE]

I just replicated the flow today. Here's what I found:

1. You absolutely have to update your graphics card driver or the game goes kaput.

2. The game defaults to using Directx9 even if you have Directx11 installed. I had to go in and change it to run on Directx11. Once I did this it worked fine.

Just an FYI. If you buy it and have trouble with it just let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

pick up fifa manager 12 ;)
japan27.gif

Tony, I wanted to thank you for communicating all these deals to us. I know that I would never have thought to look at Amazon before I found this thread.

Thanks for the deals on Ghost Recon Series (i got 4), Mount & Blade Bundle, Arma 2 Bundle, Borderlands, Saint's Row, Darksiders, Battlefield, Mass Effect, and so many others that you did. My Amazon library has grown these few months or two, and the sales have just been getting better.

Also, is there a plan for organizing the Game library a little better? Right now there is so much wasted space, and I am wondering if a shelf view, or something to show more than 4 games on the screen at one time is in the works. I'm one of those guys who likes to bask in his collection.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Is anyone having installation issues with LA Noire?

The very recent reviews for LA Noire look horrendous.....
http://www.amazon.com/Rockstar-Games-40953L-A-Noire1-Download/product-reviews/B007977HM6/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending[/QUOTE]

I bought it a couple of days ago and had nothing but trouble trying to install it. Went through every troubleshooter they had available, re-downloaded it twice, installed and un-stalled too many times to count. Tonight I got too fed up and managed to talk to an Amazon rep to get my money back.

It's a shame because I heard good things about the game but it's nothing worth the headache I've been through the past couple of days just trying to install the thing.

Tony,
Any chance Majesty 2 Monster kingdom could be Included in the sale?

also will the expansion to silverfall come back in the sale?
thank you

[quote name='equalsP']
Also, is there a plan for organizing the Game library a little better? Right now there is so much wasted space, and I am wondering if a shelf view, or something to show more than 4 games on the screen at one time is in the works. I'm one of those guys who likes to bask in his collection.[/QUOTE]

And a way to sort the many pages of deals. I'm assuming it's by best seller at the moment? It makes it hard to read and to find associated files (ie DLC)

[quote name='HeSaveDave']How is the PC version vs Console? I haven't decided on that either.[/QUOTE]

PC version is just as fun, I think :p
Didn't have any issues with it or anything, a good port for a change :lol:

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony,
Any chance Majesty 2 Monster kingdom could be Included in the sale?

also will the expansion to silverfall come back in the sale?
thank you[/QUOTE]

Is this what you're looking for? I found it in the Majesty pack.

Tony,

Any word on when/if Madden 08 will be added to the EA sports games promotion? I'd like to get Tiger 08 and Madden 08, but when Madden is part of the promotion, and I can get both for $5. Thanks.

To Tony, I believe the other day when I looked at your sales, you had the Dragon Age pack for Mac as well as PC, now its not showing? Anyway that can come back?

[quote name='RobinYoHood']I bought it a couple of days ago and had nothing but trouble trying to install it. Went through every troubleshooter they had available, re-downloaded it twice, installed and un-stalled too many times to count. Tonight I got too fed up and managed to talk to an Amazon rep to get my money back.

It's a shame because I heard good things about the game but it's nothing worth the headache I've been through the past couple of days just trying to install the thing.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. On the other hand, I bought it day 1 and installed it after downloading in a few minutes no problem. Game runs perfect. Same thing for a friend that bought it as well.

Anyone know if the $1 Majesty Gold listed is the same as the HD version on Steam?

The steam version claims Windows 7 compatibility, and the version on Amazon has several older comments that mention that it does not work properly on Win7.

I found fifa manager terrible compared to Football manager. Football manager is a much better game all round and pretty much the same price if not cheaper than this. Fifa 12 for $20 is a steal though!

The whole Tiger Woods 12 thing is kind of confusing me. Do you get the entire offline game like you would play on consoles or is it a very small offline portion with limited courses and game types forcing you to pay more for online play?

[quote name='daminion']Anyone know if the $1 Majesty Gold listed is the same as the HD version on Steam?

The steam version claims Windows 7 compatibility, and the version on Amazon has several older comments that mention that it does not work properly on Win7.[/QUOTE]
No, the $1 version on Amazon is not the same as the HD version on steam (as far as i know). I haven't had any problems playing the Amazon version on my Windows 7 PC, just be sure to disable crossfire/sli if you run multiple GPUs on your machine.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']My goodness, the 1-Star reviews on L.A. Noire (PC) have really exploded. One reviewer was overt enough to suggest getting "the crack file to make it work." I'm not quite sure what to make of the game at all, at this point.

It's so sad that Rockstar's business plans actively exclude PC users.[/QUOTE]

I have the Complete Edition on Steam and it works perfectly. I've found that you can't go by Amazon reviews since most of the people reviewing on there are quite ignorant when it comes to PC games. They give games one star because it requires them to install Steam or Origin claiming they are spyware, in some reviews. Others whine that their computers won't run the game and they had no way of knowing before purchase. As a whole the reviews are pretty worthless IMO

[quote name='thegreatest']I have the Complete Edition on Steam and it works perfectly. I've found that you can't go by Amazon reviews since most of the people reviewing on there are quite ignorant when it comes to PC games. They give games one star because it requires them to install Steam or Origin claiming they are spyware, in some reviews. Others whine that their computers won't run the game and they had no way of knowing before purchase. As a whole the reviews are pretty worthless IMO[/QUOTE]

While I would usually agree with this statement, the wraith of 1-star reviews have been posted FOLLOWING the start of the $5 sale [they are very very recent]. As LA Noire does NOT require Origin/STEAM, and none of the reviews I read mentioned them, I am thus far viewing the reviews as legitimate concerns.

I know Tony responded to the technical difficulties, but I'm hoping there's an easier/more permanent resolution.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']While I would usually agree with this statement, the wraith of 1-star reviews have been posted FOLLOWING the start of the $5 sale [they are very very recent]. As LA Noire does NOT require Origin/STEAM, and none of the reviews I read mentioned them, I am thus far viewing the reviews as legitimate concerns.

I know Tony responded to the technical difficulties, but I'm hoping there's an easier/more permanent resolution.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, computer games in my experience have always been notorious for having a myriad of issues running depending on the computer, programs installed, etc. Sure, with steam and a lot of the modern game companies the issues have been limited, they can still occur. LA Noire sounds like it has some issues that are happening for a certain group of people, yes there are around 20 reviews detailing some issues, but I assume that is out of thousands of people who have probably bought the game from amazon in the last week so it doesn't seem that big of a deal.

Seems like the patch fix posted here would probably clear up well over half those problems. And yes, I know, a company shouldn't release a product that causes any issues like this, but I do think they are probably being blown out of proportion.

[quote name='Mooby']You don't want it. Very very very small player base/borderline dead.[/QUOTE]

There are always 2 full servers and a few other ones populated.

The community is tiny but dedicated and the developers are active and constantly releasing new and free content.

The low player count is due to it having a steep learning curve and people un-optimized with bad performance on high end machines.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just replicated the flow today. Here's what I found:

1. You absolutely have to update your graphics card driver or the game goes kaput.

2. The game defaults to using Directx9 even if you have Directx11 installed. I had to go in and change it to run on Directx11. Once I did this it worked fine.

Just an FYI. If you buy it and have trouble with it just let me know.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Rule of thumb w/ any new games - keep graphics card drivers up-to-date.

If you're on Win 7 - Turn UAC off! Many games that want to force updates, so you want UAC off!
You also want to be an Admin, so Windows forces updates.
I'd recommend doing this if you're computer savvy and use programs like Steam, G4WL, Rockstar Social Club, etc - or any games that require those.

Also, I have LA Noire installed in Program Files X86 folder. Since it gives you option of DX9 and 11, you might want to install it there - to get around any 32-bit issues [for DX 9.0] that you might have come up.
If a game wants to install in Program Files X86 on Win 7, you do it. Most PC games still are 32-bit based, not 64-based - so this is the best place to install those.

You should run LA Noire PC 99% of the time on DX11, if you're on Win Vista/7.
There's a level in the sewers [at the end], where I had to drop it down to DX 9.0 b/c there's MAJOR framerate issues there.

My PC specs ran LA Noire very well maxed, other than the sewer level - i7 950; 1 GB of GeForce 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']My goodness, the 1-Star reviews on L.A. Noire (PC) have really exploded. One reviewer was overt enough to suggest getting "the crack file to make it work." I'm not quite sure what to make of the game at all, at this point.

It's so sad that Rockstar's business plans actively exclude PC users.[/QUOTE]

Many of Rockstar's games when released on the PC often need beast-like PC's to run upon their initial release.
And often, their performances issues get fixed-up LATER in patches.
See their history w/ GTA3 PC; GTA4 PC; GTA: SA PC; and LA Noire PC.
Also, Bully PC was a buggy mess upon release - but got fixed at a much later said date.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Should I buy Saints Row Third at $24.99? Is the season pass on sale anywhere? I can't decide. :([/QUOTE]

Personally I really enjoyed this game. I would highly recommend it. I've been waiting for a deal on season pass (Steam) myself - I don't think Amazon carries it.

Unfortunately the current DLC deals are only 25% off, so I will not be buying and remain patient. As Tony pointed out it was discounted more previously - but it was before some of the DLC content I'm looking to get was out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hop25']I don't believe they will match a flash sale. I really want HOMM6 but, I doubt I'll get it in time.[/QUOTE]

Tony said they werent going to match the last one, so i would imagine they wouldnt this one. As far as the flashdeal itself went, it seemed to be available all weekend to people...so you may be able to get it

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Tony said they werent going to match the last one, so i would imagine they wouldnt this one. As far as the flashdeal itself went, it seemed to be available all weekend to people...so you may be able to get it[/QUOTE]

Really? That's awesome. I'm not holding my breath but, thanks for the info Drabe!

Wow, what a bust, was in for the dragon age pack

Won't let me purchase, the "place your order" button is greyed out =(

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Should I buy Saints Row Third at $24.99? Is the season pass on sale anywhere? I can't decide. :([/QUOTE]

It's been on sale for several times at $20-25. If you can wait a little longer you could probably get it for less. I think GamersGate had the DLC for 50% off recently, that was the most I've seen it discounted. I believe the THQ UK site had a deal where you could get SR3, the genki preorder DLC, and the season pass for around $18 or so, that's the cheapest I've seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back