Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']:roll:

*Edit: Ninja'ed by Tony!

I am not aware of any version of SoTS outside of Impulse requiring their client. Maybe he is thinking of Sins of a Solar Empire?[/QUOTE]

I know, I would expect someone who wrote it in their review would know what they did, but guess not. Tony's word is enough for me. Way too good a deal to pass on anyway.

[quote name='IamRemnant']Hey Tony, can amazon price match gamersgate on Civilization V Game of the year edition?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']That review was written nearly two years ago. Impulse doesn't even really exist anymore.[/QUOTE]

We will have this price up tomorrow (tonight at midnight) base game will be $7.49 as well. This is a planned promotion, I had no idea GG was running one in such close proximity to ours or I would have pushed ours back.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We will have this price up tomorrow (tonight at midnight) base game will be $7.49 as well. This is a planned promotion, I had no idea GG was running one in such close proximity to ours or I would have pushed ours back.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I would much rather have it from amazon. In my opinion gamersgate just looks kinda shady.

Take em down. make it 9.99 lol

[quote name='IamRemnant']Sweet, I would much rather have it from amazon. In my opinion gamersgate just looks kinda shady.

Take em down. make it 9.99 lol[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI GamersGate is far from shady...they're legit no need to worry about them.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Just an FYI GamersGate is far from shady...they're legit no need to worry about them.[/QUOTE]

Yep Gamersgate is "very" legit with good deals

But not accepting credit cards and not having even near the amazing deals on Amazon made me ignore it for months now :D

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Just an FYI GamersGate is far from shady...they're legit no need to worry about them.[/QUOTE]

Just haven't used them before. That's all. Thanks for correction.

[quote name='IamRemnant']Just haven't used them before. That's all. Thanks for correction.[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate is in Stockholm, Sweden.
It is owned by Paradox Interactive.

[quote name='IamRemnant']Just haven't used them before. That's all. Thanks for correction.[/QUOTE]

GamersGate, like GMG, is one of those sites that at first glance seems kind of shady/janky, but they're definitely legitimate and often have some decent deals.

Not that that really matters, as Amazon and Tony have gone insane on price matching, so you may never need to use either of those sites, anyway.

[quote name='Eldredpe']GamersGate, like GMG, is one of those sites that at first glance seems kind of shady/janky, but they're definitely legitimate and often have some decent deals.

Not that that really matters, as Amazon and Tony have gone insane on price matching, so you may never need to use either of those sites, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Only problem often is some things Amazon DVG just doesn't carry.

For example, there are no Warner Bros games there - i.e. FEAR 3 and Bastion.

I wound-up buying FEAR 3 from GameFly for like $5 a few weeks back.
Also, bought Bastion: Soundtrack Edition around $7 months back from Gamersgate.

The Max Payne 3 preorder DLC. I though this is probably beyond Tony's department, but it seems like the digital copy gets the classic characters pack AND the booster, but buying a hard copy of the game gets you just the booster but a $10 credit.

Am I right in reading that way? You ONLY get the classic chars with the digital copy?

Totally in for that Paradox bundle when it drops....great deal. Wanted to play Victoria II for awhile, already have Magicka, great deal on Crusader Kings, and will wait to see if SOTS2 finally ever gets fully patched.

[quote name='mcthatch']Totally in for that Paradox bundle when it drops....great deal. Wanted to play Victoria II for awhile, already have Magicka, great deal on Crusader Kings, and will wait to see if SOTS2 finally ever gets fully patched.[/QUOTE]

The amazon page says that Sword of the Stars II is Steam, so shouldn't be patched to the latest version automatically, or am I missing something?

If fact out of the 6 games only the original SotS and Victoria II don't specifically say whether they are Steam or not, so is there an issue with the original game?

[quote name='walkonshadows']The amazon page says that Sword of the Stars II is Steam, so shouldn't be patched to the latest version automatically, or am I missing something?

If fact out of the 6 games only the original SotS and Victoria II don't specifically say whether they are Steam or not, so is there an issue with the original game?[/QUOTE]

Missing something in that SWOTS 2 is sort of notoriously terrible/ released broken, like a good chunk of paradox titles. They've been patching it like crazy bit it's not really any good yet.

Any plans on having Magicka on sale alone? Would get that bundle but I don't have time for the other items and I need a 2nd Magicka for the wife.

Thanks for all the awesome deals (love the DRM free stuff) and support!

[quote name='Corpekata']Missing something in that SWOTS 2 is sort of notoriously terrible/ released broken, like a good chunk of paradox titles. They've been patching it like crazy bit it's not really any good yet.[/QUOTE]

I've actually never heard of that particular series until this sale. I thought I was helpping out by noting the game should be up to date because it was Steam compliant. I was excited about the deal because of the Magika Games and Crusader Kings II. I mis-understood. Sorry.

Anyone know how you can transfer game files from Amazon downloads to another PC? The PC I have at home has a slow connection so I would like to take advantage of the fast one my laptop has while at university.

[quote name='omnicious']Anyone know how you can transfer game files from Amazon downloads to another PC? The PC I have at home has a slow connection so I would like to take advantage of the fast one my laptop has while at university.[/QUOTE]

You can transfer them anyway you can transfer any other file. You could burn them to DVD on your laptop and transfer, or transfer them to an external drive, or a flash drive. They download as regular files and can be treated as such.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
This will be $12.99 on Sunday and Monday as well:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085CD7BE
[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ever tried to activate a key in Steam for a game they already owned? I already have both Magicka and the DLC, so I'm wondering what would happen.

I'd love to get this key into my giftable inventory, but I'm not sure if that will work since the key wouldn't have been purchased through Steam.

I have tried keys on several games I already owned and on all except 1 time the key was not activated and that was only because the one key was slightly different as it added bonuses.

So as long as you own the exact game it should be fine to test out the key on.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Any plans on having Magicka on sale alone? Would get that bundle but I don't have time for the other items and I need a 2nd Magicka for the wife.

Thanks for all the awesome deals (love the DRM free stuff) and support![/QUOTE]

Maybe the titles are discounted individually too, but at a lower discount?

@Tony Maybe you can clarify if the titles included in the Paradox bundle can be bought individually at a discount too?

[quote name='mercenar1e']for the last time ARMA 2 - Operation Arrowhead - and Combined Operations cannot be redeemed on Steam[/QUOTE]
That's pretty much a good thing too - the Steam version puts ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead into separate folders and comes with a few other extra annoyances like having to run Steam as admin once for both games to set up registry keys properly.

[quote name='Evrad']could it be possible for you to give us a steam key of Tropico Reloaded or Tropico trilogy? (for everyone who buys it, not as a gift xD )[/QUOTE]

Kalypso pretty much don't do Steam keys, they release their games on tons of services using that peculiar service's downloader in each case.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Has anyone ever tried to activate a key in Steam for a game they already owned? I already have both Magicka and the DLC, so I'm wondering what would happen.
I'd love to get this key into my giftable inventory, but I'm not sure if that will work since the key wouldn't have been purchased through Steam.[/QUOTE]
As the others said, you're not getting anything giftable from keys.
Some games have special promotions wherein you buy a bundle and get the things you already had as giftable copies, but that is only valid when specifically stated somewhere. Mostly for Valve games, I think some specific Dawn of War 2 compilations, the Two Tribes bundle of Rush/Toki Tori/EDGE and whatnot.
If the subscription associated with the key is more extensive than what you already have, you are essentially voiding the key's copies of the content you already have. So if you have the base Magicka game and one or two launch DLCs and activate this 'small' version of the Magicka Collection, you won't get extra copies of the base game or the DLC you already had.

[quote name='deletion']any special mods for mirror's edge? i've got it for 360, debating if i should also get for pc. 4.99 is tempting.[/QUOTE]
It's a solid port, but there's nothing extra. Unless you want to play this still very pretty game again on your PC, there's no reason to buy it a second time. It's not like GTA4, which is a pretty bad port but has a ton of mods for it on the PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone run into this problem with an activation of 'ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead "The SERIAL was not found in the database. Most likely the SERIAL has been entered incorrectly." ? Thanks

[quote name='deletion']any special mods for mirror's edge? i've got it for 360, debating if i should also get for pc. 4.99 is tempting.[/QUOTE]

There are mods but I have no tried any of them yet and I don't even know how many are.

[quote name='Luckz']That's pretty much a good thing too - the Steam version puts ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead into separate folders and comes with a few other extra annoyances like having to run Steam as admin once for both games to set up registry keys properly.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I have it on Steam and to get DayZ to run I have to launch Steam as admin every time - the game works without privileges otherwise but the mod gives me errors (still loads but won't connect).

[quote name='Mugatu']Agreed.

I have it on Steam and to get DayZ to run I have to launch Steam as admin every time - the game works without privileges otherwise but the mod gives me errors (still loads but won't connect).[/QUOTE]

Also whenever ArmA2 gets patched, Steam had to download the whole game everytime instead of just the updated files. I'm not sure if this has been fixed with Steam's recent patching system update.

I wish Amazon would get the PMC and British Armed Forces (Reinforcements) mini-expansions onto the DD store too.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The Max Payne 3 preorder DLC. I though this is probably beyond Tony's department, but it seems like the digital copy gets the classic characters pack AND the booster, but buying a hard copy of the game gets you just the booster but a $10 credit.

Am I right in reading that way? You ONLY get the classic chars with the digital copy?[/QUOTE]

I'm unsure about the offer on the physical pre-order, I can check though.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Any plans on having Magicka on sale alone? Would get that bundle but I don't have time for the other items and I need a 2nd Magicka for the wife.

Thanks for all the awesome deals (love the DRM free stuff) and support![/QUOTE]

[quote name='renhoelder']Maybe the titles are discounted individually too, but at a lower discount?

@Tony Maybe you can clarify if the titles included in the Paradox bundle can be bought individually at a discount too?[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Glad you're digging the deals. We aren't promoting Magicka individually during this sale, just in the bundle.

[quote name='AmazingHulk']Tony can we get discounts on Civ V dlc-s too?[/QUOTE]

DLC isn't in the lineup for this particular promotion.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='omnicious']Did they actually run out of digital downloads for ARMA2 OPS?[/QUOTE]

Yeah...and I ordered...ALOT of keys.

Working on getting more but those guys are in a different country so I'm not 100% confident we'll get them in time.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Luckz']As the others said, you're not getting anything giftable from keys.
Some games have special promotions wherein you buy a bundle and get the things you already had as giftable copies, but that is only valid when specifically stated somewhere. Mostly for Valve games, I think some specific Dawn of War 2 compilations, the Two Tribes bundle of Rush/Toki Tori/EDGE and whatnot.
[/QUOTE]

This is true as far as it goes, but he should be aware that if he buys an Amazon bundle with Steamworks games that he already owns (and has activated), he can gift those keys simply by emailing his friend the key or posting it here or at steamgifts.com.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We will have this price up tomorrow (tonight at midnight) base game will be $7.49 as well. This is a planned promotion, I had no idea GG was running one in such close proximity to ours or I would have pushed ours back.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

...and now Steam is doing the same deal. For those that wanted DLC, that is included in Steam's sale.

[quote name='TheGreatWang']Any deals coming up for Darksiders 1? I'm getting more and more interested in the new one that's coming and I would like to prepare.[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same. I played through it a little on the 360, then traded it off. I wouldn't mind picking it up again for under $10 on PC, and I have a feeling it'll be apart of Steam's Summer Sale at the very least.

Darksiders 1 will be $5 in the coming summer sale, I can almost guarantee. That's the price it hits every time it goes on sale these days.

Darksiders was just 5 bucks on Amazon like 3 weeks ago as part of the "Vote for what's on sale next weekend" deal.

Game does seem to go on sale on one retailer or another for 5 bucks about once a month it seems either way.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']...and now Steam is doing the same deal. For those that wanted DLC, that is included in Steam's sale.[/QUOTE]The GOTY edition on Amazon also has the DLC. Anyone think this might be even cheaper at the summer sale?

[quote name='omnicious']The GOTY edition on Amazon also has the DLC. Anyone think this might be even cheaper at the summer sale?[/QUOTE]

Not until the base price drops.

Only time I can see Civ getting cheaper is when the expansion launches. Either because they lower the base price or there's some sort of combo deal with the GOTY+ xpac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back