Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been interested in magicka for a while, but the amount of DLC that game has is ridiculous. even the collection is missing a third of it. the hell. not a knock against amazon but it's just... crazy to me how that's been milked so hard.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']If you can offer any impressions before the sale is over I'd be interested.[/QUOTE]

;) oh I'm sorry you mistook me for someone who plays games. I only have time to collect them, look at my list, and let out what is almost a purring sound when my library expands.

All joking aside, I haven't touched dead island since last year. With Diablo 3 and the Fiancé's birthday Saturday I won't be any help.

[quote name='sunghost']This guide is worth reading. The setting you want to change is MaxSmoothedFrameRate=

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1963500

I don't think there's anything that you can disable/enable from the defaults that will make the game look better, but you can definitely make it run smoother.[/QUOTE]
Thanks alot!

Bought Civ V GOTY edition. WHY, Tony, WHY??!!? I had to buy 2 of the DLC items on my 1st ever Steam purchase ($1.74 for 2 dlc items, one being the Korea pack). I already had the free demo downloaded, but figured 'what the heck'. I'd rather buy through Amazon, but it wasn't available. I hope I like RTS's, lol.

[quote name='twztid13']Thanks alot!

Bought Civ V GOTY edition. WHY, Tony, WHY??!!? I had to buy 2 of the DLC items on my 1st ever Steam purchase ($1.74 for 2 dlc items, one being the Korea pack). I already had the free demo downloaded, but figured 'what the heck'. I'd rather buy through Amazon, but it wasn't available. I hope I like RTS's, lol.[/QUOTE]

Not to correct in a bad way but civ 5 is a real time TBS (turn based strategy) just so you don't buy or not buy other RTS expecting the same.

[quote name='shosh']question,

what client does simcity 4 use? does it install on origin or steam, maybe neither?[/QUOTE]

Just bought it (third time) and installed. It uses the Amazon downloader and installer. I was having install shock when I realized it would take double the HDD space of the actual game to do the setup. Oh you crazy installers.

I was unable to activate it at EA (it comes with a serial key but the game never asks for it) and I was also unable to add it to Origin (didn't figure it would, but what the heck).

tl;dr = Neither

[quote name='pROvIs'];) oh I'm sorry you mistook me for someone who plays games. I only have time to collect them, look at my list, and let out what is almost a purring sound when my library expands.

All joking aside, I haven't touched dead island since last year. With Diablo 3 and the Fiancé's birthday Saturday I won't be any help.[/QUOTE]
Youtube reviews will have to suffice!

Decided against it, maybe if I had just finished playing Dead Island I'd want to uncover more of the story, but I barely even remember the story now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twztid13']
Now to decide if Civ V is a game I will ever play (even though I've wanted it forever, but c'mon, my backlog is getting out of hand).[/QUOTE]

Steam is actually doing a free weekend for Civ V now if you want to try it out before you buy.

I buy a ton of games but I'll be honest that few of them actually see me spend significant time on them. Civ V though is one game that unexpectedly sucked me in and I spent a lot of hours in. It's pretty user friendly too even if you aren't super experienced with strategy games.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Does Alice also come with the first game in that series? I hear the console games do.[/QUOTE]

No, the PC version doesn't. The console versions are the only ones that do.

Civ IV Complete Edition has so much damn content it's not even funny, and it's cheaper. If you've never played the games, get that one first. The graphics are still great and it's really not that difficult to learn (just make sure you play the tutorial first).

Going to ask even though I'm sure the answer is 'no,' but: any chance the Sword of the Stars (I) Complete collection in the Paradox Pack comes with a Steam key?

That Paradox pack looks really awesome, but I'll never get around to playing them with how many games I bought. Gonna reel myself in since I grabbed the Femme Fatale pack and Civ IV within the week. Can't justify $13 for a bunch of games I won't get around to playing for a long time...

Did anyone buy Battlestations Pacific earlier? I played the demo on Live and Steam and it will not save my custom control setup and am quite concerned if the fulll version does that. Also, I think this has to run through Windows Live, can you run it just through Live without Steam?

The game and concept is awesome and I'm glad its going on sale again but I at least hope you can save your controls.

god if that paradox and sega pack were on steam i wouldn't even blink before buying lol. sorry to the haters, i just like having my games in one place and unfortunately steam has hundreds of my games so it makes sense to me to keep putting them there until i have reason to feel that i shouldn't

[quote name='aa.jetta']I have Amalur on Steam. Anyone know if the DLC keys will work with that? No mention that these are steam keys anywhere.[/QUOTE]

They are not, they feed into Origin, bought one a while back. You have to buy the DLC from Steam, they should be on sale during the coming Summer Seal ;)

[quote name='renhoelder']They are not, they feed into Origin, bought one a while back. You have to buy the DLC from Steam, they should be on sale during the coming Summer Seal ;)[/QUOTE]

I figured as much. Eh, a guy can dream. Maybe next time Amalur DLC :(

[quote name='kidkash03']Any chance of Mass Effect 1 going on sale too?
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

Lol seriously? Why not get mass Effect 3? Its on sale for 30 bucks right now at gamestop

[quote name='dealquest']Lol seriously? Why not get mass Effect 3? Its on sale for 30 bucks right now at gamestop[/QUOTE]

Lol? Are you serious? There are people who want to play the first one before jumping to the third one.

[quote name='dealquest']Lol seriously? Why not get mass Effect 3? Its on sale for 30 bucks right now at gamestop[/QUOTE]
The first and the second ME are far better than the ME3.

[quote name='Mooby']Going to ask even though I'm sure the answer is 'no,' but: any chance the Sword of the Stars (I) Complete collection in the Paradox Pack comes with a Steam key?[/QUOTE]

Not unless Tony is working some special hamster magic; I know of no older Paradox games that are Steamworks.

Anyone have any thoughts on My Sims?

I realize this is probably the wrong crowd to ask this, but since it's the last day for it to be on sale and I'm still on the fence I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm looking for multiplayer games that I can play with my 10 year old nephew who lives in another state. I've got a Terraria server running that we both play on so I thought My Sims might be nice too. I know he likes Animal Crossing and it looks similar.

The things that are holding me back is that I'm not sure how the multiplayer works and if it's something through EA servers if that might get pulled at some point.

Also there's the problem of Amazon's inability to allow gifting on game digital downloads. If I tell my sister 'Hey, this game is on sale, go grab it and install it etc' by the time she gets around to it it will be off sale. With Steam I can just gift them something and it goes straight to their account.

[quote name='kwirl']god if that paradox and sega pack were on steam i wouldn't even blink before buying lol. sorry to the haters, i just like having my games in one place and unfortunately steam has hundreds of my games so it makes sense to me to keep putting them there until i have reason to feel that i shouldn't[/QUOTE]

All your games are in one place, on your PC. And within Steam, you can launch non-Steam games and get your overlay and most everything else working fine.

Buyers of Kingdom of Amalur, beware:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...-studios-lays-off-entire-staff-223327485.html

The sad saga of 38 Studios took an even more depressing turn Thursday afternoon.

The beleaguered game maker run by former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling abruptly laid off all of its employees, effective immediately. Insiders at the company say they also learned their health insurance will run out at midnight.

Better hope the game runs great or the community can patch it to your satisfaction.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']fuck! I just bought Sengoku because I was under the impression it was a Steam key. Apparently it isn't. Seriously disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Really, i too thought is was steam activation but i didnt bought it. Had intention...

I was going to pick up Total War Shogun 2 tomorrow for this sale, but I checked out the demo on Steam last night and I just don't think it's for me. I do like RTS games though, and recently got into Company of Heroes. Can anyone recommend Order of War for only $5? I played the demo and it seemed like your standard military RTS game, which I like, but I was really tired after an hour and a half of checking out Shogun so I wasn't too excited. Anyone play this?

[quote name='Motoki']Anyone have any thoughts on My Sims?

I realize this is probably the wrong crowd to ask this, but since it's the last day for it to be on sale and I'm still on the fence I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm looking for multiplayer games that I can play with my 10 year old nephew who lives in another state. I've got a Terraria server running that we both play on so I thought My Sims might be nice too. I know he likes Animal Crossing and it looks similar.

The things that are holding me back is that I'm not sure how the multiplayer works and if it's something through EA servers if that might get pulled at some point.[/QUOTE]

According to this review, the multiplayer is "outside" the main town-building portion of the game.

Have you thought about Minecraft? Kids around your nephew's age are bananas about it.

Not bad not bad. Totally in for Syndicate. I only want to play the short co-op sections.so $20 was my max price. Great for everything else, but either already have or dont care about the others. $15 for SR Third, u lucky bastards!

Tempted to get SR3, but seeing all the DLCs added up being more expensive than the game itself, I think it's better to wait for the GOTY edition. I simply despise the nickle'n'dime business act.

[quote name='Splines']According to this review, the multiplayer is "outside" the main town-building portion of the game.

Have you thought about Minecraft? Kids around your nephew's age are bananas about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he loves Minecraft and already has it but I don't because it never goes on sale and I am cheap bastard. :D

[quote name='hbk']Tempted to get SR3, but seeing all the DLCs added up being more expensive than the game itself, I think it's better to wait for the GOTY edition. I simply despise the nickle'n'dime business act.[/QUOTE]

That's probably not a bad idea, but I will say this:

You could buy SR3 and not touch a bit of DLC and never miss a thing. The three Season Pass DLC are worth a few bucks total if you can find them on sale. While you might have fun with one or two of the costumes or guns, there's so much in the main game anyway that you'd hardly know it wasn't there.

Definitely going to pick up Sonic Generations tomorrow. Seen the console versions for $20 a lot and was tempted to buy it. At $7.49, there is no doubt in my mind if I should wait.

Tempted by half-off Tera... I was sort of split on the beta... I liked the combat decently, but the questing was EXTREMELY repetitive and grindy. I liked the first boss since it was much more interesting than the standard mobs that pretty much every other quest in the game had involved (I actually had to dodge incoming missiles, etc), but I played a decent amount after that even and found it to be mostly more of the same repetitive mobs.

Half-off this early in the game's cycle is sort of appealing, though.. I feel like I could sort of keep it around until I'm ready to start my 30 days (after I'm tired of Diablo 3 and Dragon's Dogma say) and just play it for that month or so. Maybe I'd try playing with a 360 controller as I'd read some people had done, as that could lend it a more "actiony" feel to it.

Or I could just wait until the game is $10 or F2P... =)

[quote name='Tancred']Amalur has a game breaking bug that the devs have known about for months and have never bothered patching:
http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?5359-Silence-falls-mission-is-bugged-for-me

It's also an awful game unless you like single player MMOs.[/QUOTE]

Considering the entire staff at the game company for Amalur was fired yesterday, it probably won't be fixed any time soon.

Also still have 1 PayDay key left if anyone wants in. PM me!

[quote name='warreni']I hadn't read anything about the game being unstable on PCs and it works just fine on mine. That is sad news about 38, though. This was a really good first effort by the company.[/QUOTE]
There are a few game-ending glitches that you can avoid if you know about em. There are also some glitches that infect all your other saves so keep backups outside of the save directory just in case. I haven't run into anything personally.

[quote name='Tancred']Amalur has a game breaking bug that the devs have known about for months and have never bothered patching:
http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?5359-Silence-falls-mission-is-bugged-for-me
[/QUOTE]
They did work on a patch but they didn't have funding to test it and EA refused to help. They were trying to get funding from somewhere else but it obviously didn't work out.

[quote name='hal']That's probably not a bad idea, but I will say this:

You could buy SR3 and not touch a bit of DLC and never miss a thing. The three Season Pass DLC are worth a few bucks total if you can find them on sale. While you might have fun with one or two of the costumes or guns, there's so much in the main game anyway that you'd hardly know it wasn't there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. But I still feel the game is incomplete that way -___-

And by any chance Amazon will include the DLCs in the game? It seems the one from Gamers Gate also include the 3 DLCs and Nyte Blade.

It's also an awful game unless you like single player MMOs.[/QUOTE]

Hm. All I can say is I played through the entire storyline and a vast majority of the sidequests (there are over a trillion [okay, not really, but it seems that way]) and never encountered anything more annoying than texture clipping.

As for the game itself, I thought it was quite good as action RPGs go. If you don't go into it expecting Baldur's Gate, you won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back