Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a general shout out to Tony for hooking me up with all the following games for $20:

Femme Fatale Pack (Alice Madness Returns, Mirror's Edge)
Stronghold Collection-Steam
Metro 2033

Will definitely be picking up the Plentiful Paradox Pack on the 27th. Can you tell I got my paycheck today? Thanks again.

Please forgive a dumb question, but are any of the games on sale decent clones of Fallout 3 or Oblivion? I already have Bioshock 1&2, Borderlands, Mass Effect 1&2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Just Cause 2. I was interested in Metro 2033 but my research tells me that it is more of a linear FPS than an action RPG. Thanks!

[quote name='wageslave']Please forgive a dumb question, but are any of the games on sale decent clones of Fallout 3 or Oblivion?[/quote]

I don't know if we can really compare many games to Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Skyrim - those games are just fantastic. In their time, when they came out, they were in a class of their own.

Though, if you like action-style RPG's....

I would highly recommend Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, if you liked Fable series & Oblivion, though.
Especially at THAT price.

KOA: Reckoning is good too, even despite its flaws.
Flaws include lack of quest variety; story-telling could be better and done in a more interested way; graphics aren't anything special; and lacks any sort of high difficulty modes.
The combat itself is awesome.
Also, the constant flow of varied loot is awesome, though.

I already have Bioshock 1&2, Borderlands, Mass Effect 1&2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Just Cause 2.
Most of those are at quite good, at least.
Bioshock 2 might be the weakest of that club.

I was interested in Metro 2033 but my research tells me that it is more of a linear FPS than an action RPG. Thanks!
If you want a linear FPS w/ atmosphere like that of the STALKER series of games; you have a bad-ass PC [so you can handle this game]; and want one of the most technically impressive looking games [back when it came out, it was]...
Then I'd highly recommend Metro 2033.

[quote name='wageslave']Please forgive a dumb question, but are any of the games on sale decent clones of Fallout 3 or Oblivion? I already have Bioshock 1&2, Borderlands, Mass Effect 1&2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Just Cause 2. I was interested in Metro 2033 but my research tells me that it is more of a linear FPS than an action RPG. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Metro 2033 is definitely not an RPG. HOWEVER, it is one of the better FPS games I have had the pleasure of playing. The atmosphere, tension, characters, and the overall mood of the game is incredible. For $5, it's totally worth it.

Also, make sure to play the game with the original voices (Russian) and have English subtitles on. It'll give wayy more immersion and add to the experience of the game.

[quote name='wageslave']Please forgive a dumb question, but are any of the games on sale decent clones of Fallout 3 or Oblivion? I already have Bioshock 1&2, Borderlands, Mass Effect 1&2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Just Cause 2. I was interested in Metro 2033 but my research tells me that it is more of a linear FPS than an action RPG. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Divinty 2 is similar. It's even made with the same engine as Oblivion and Fallout 3. Other than that the only other game in that vein is Amalur but Divinty 2 is a much better deal IMO.

[quote name='Motoki']Divinty 2 is similar. It's even made with the same engine as Oblivion and Fallout 3. Other than that the only other game in that vein is Amalur but Divinty 2 is a much better deal IMO.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

KOA: Reckoning is good and I did spend some 70+ hours with it...

Divinity 2: DKS is an absolute no-brainer, at that price.
Get Divinity 2: DKS, at the very least...

[quote name='RollingSkull']I loved Amalur. I can never understand the hate it got. I do think it needed a bit more TLC but it was beautiful and fun.

Saints Row 3 at that price is decent but, yes, the DLC is ridiculous. They cut several cheats for paid DLC too. I remain bitter as hell that I preordered it AND it was such a giant step back from SR2. That said, $15-ish, you could do a LOT worse.

I would say don't bother even with the SP content DLC for SR3. Volition has, for every game since and including SR2, only made the worst possible crap they could for DLC.[/QUOTE]
What hate did Amalur get? I've only seen/heard/read positive info (unless you count the 7.5 reviews, which are not hate by any means). I want to pick it up, but I have to stop somewhere. My bills need to be paid, lol.

[quote name='twztid13']What hate did Amalur get? I've only seen/heard/read positive info (unless you count the 7.5 reviews, which are not hate by any means). I want to pick it up, but I have to stop somewhere. My bills need to be paid, lol.[/QUOTE]

Well, Adam Sessler (formerly) of G4TV did give KOA:R a 2.5 (out of 5)...

Quick update on those who wanted to get the Pure Time Trials DLC for $2.50 from the Origin store to combine with the deal on Amazon for Mirror's Edge....It doesn't work. Apparently it won't even show up in your downloads history if you didn't get EA's version from Origin. I went through the horrible customer service and buying it to try it out. Tony, for the love of god, even if the DLC for games isn't on sale with the base game, at least have it on offer. Amazon has to do at least that or it will be a major sticking point for people not to buy the games from you ( I know I'll consider it in my future purchases), knowing they get locked out of DLC since everyone's specific version doesn't "play well with others". I'd rather pay $30 for a base game and then $10 for the DLC, than pay $10 for the base game on sale, that equates to a cut down version that can never be upgraded. That destroys any since of value. Right now we're just talking about a small map pack for a game, but you get the point. Dangerous precedent to be setting.

[quote name='twztid13']Thanks alot!

Bought Civ V GOTY edition. WHY, Tony, WHY??!!? I had to buy 2 of the DLC items on my 1st ever Steam purchase ($1.74 for 2 dlc items, one being the Korea pack). I already had the free demo downloaded, but figured 'what the heck'. I'd rather buy through Amazon, but it wasn't available. I hope I like RTS's, lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']That guy needs laid, srlsly[/QUOTE]

People give Sessler a lot of shit.

I personally think he's pretty good.

[quote name='Eldredpe']People give Sessler a lot of shit.

I personally think he's pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I think they need to breath a little bit of fresh air into X-play, Adam Sessler is trying to the Kurt Loder of G4 and its not working.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Quick update on those who wanted to get the Pure Time Trials DLC for $2.50 from the Origin store to combine with the deal on Amazon for Mirror's Edge....It doesn't work. Apparently it won't even show up in your downloads history if you didn't get EA's version from Origin. I went through the horrible customer service and buying it to try it out. Tony, for the love of god, even if the DLC for games isn't on sale with the base game, at least have it on offer. Amazon has to do at least that or it will be a major sticking point for people not to buy the games from you ( I know I'll consider it in my future purchases), knowing they get locked out of DLC since everyone's specific version doesn't "play well with others". I'd rather pay $30 for a base game and then $10 for the DLC, than pay $10 for the base game on sale, that equates to a cut down version that can never be upgraded. That destroys any since of value. Right now we're just talking about a small map pack for a game, but you get the point. Dangerous precedent to be setting.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand that DLC doesn't work at all...which is why we don't carry it. I could be wrong but I'll follow up to confirm.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='donkeymania']How long is Sengoku going to be on sale?[/QUOTE]

Until next week's deal-of-the-week goes live (next Thursday or Friday).

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I think they need to breath a little bit of fresh air into X-play, Adam Sessler is trying to the Kurt Loder of G4 and its not working.[/QUOTE]

He left about for weeks ago, no?

[quote name='warreni']Until next week's deal-of-the-week goes live (next Thursday or Friday).[/QUOTE]

Actually, I thought the sale just lasts for the weekend?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Oh right, thought it was $7.99.

Still, physical copies usually cost considerably more than digital copies. :whistle2:s For another 26 cents...[/QUOTE]
From what I gather must people that post are all digital pc wise. Chill out a little bit, there's no need to post disses about games you aren't interested in.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I think they need to breath a little bit of fresh air into X-play, Adam Sessler is trying to the Kurt Loder of G4 and its not working.[/QUOTE]

I don't really have strong enough feelings on it to have much of an opinion.

I just wanted to commend you on the phrase "Kurt Loder of G4."

That might be one of the most delightfully esoteric things I've read today.

And I can bet I will never read it again.

Amalur is terrible. It's insanely bland, easy, terrible customization and stat work and the textbook definition of generic. I should be the target audience for that game, I like MMOs, open world games, RPGs of all types, etc but I can't stand it.

Divinity II I don't think is as good as the original Divine Divinity, but it's a good game and it's sure as hell a >LOT< better than Amalur.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Quick update on those who wanted to get the Pure Time Trials DLC for $2.50 from the Origin store to combine with the deal on Amazon for Mirror's Edge....It doesn't work. Apparently it won't even show up in your downloads history if you didn't get EA's version from Origin. I went through the horrible customer service and buying it to try it out. Tony, for the love of god, even if the DLC for games isn't on sale with the base game, at least have it on offer. Amazon has to do at least that or it will be a major sticking point for people not to buy the games from you ( I know I'll consider it in my future purchases), knowing they get locked out of DLC since everyone's specific version doesn't "play well with others". I'd rather pay $30 for a base game and then $10 for the DLC, than pay $10 for the base game on sale, that equates to a cut down version that can never be upgraded. That destroys any since of value. Right now we're just talking about a small map pack for a game, but you get the point. Dangerous precedent to be setting.[/QUOTE]

Time Trials is nothing special but if you absolutely must have it or else it will keep you awake at night someone basically recreated in a free user made mod. I don't have the link since I'm away from home right now on my tablet but it's around.

While I find it disappointing that Amazon almost never puts DLC on sale I don't think in most cases they are creating barriers to people getting it. Mirror's Edge is a bit of a special case. It's an old game released well before the Origin days. It's not like Amazon is selling a version of Mass Effect 3 that won't support DLC. To be frank I don't think EA is too concerned with supporting an old game like Mirror's Edge beyond just slashing the price to make a few extra sales.

Another thing is that I really wish gamers would move away from this sort of 'I absolutely must have every single piece of dlc ever or it is not a complete experience and the game is totally ruined for me' sort of attitude. To be fair a good bit of that sentiment is the fault of publishers (including EA) who have been surgically removing real content from their base games and making people pay for it separately as dlc.

Having said that, a fair bit of dlc is cosmetic, trivial, short, redundant, unspectacular and completely optional. When I see people getting all bent out of shape over dlc for Magicka or Saints Row 3, well the vast majority of dlc for those games is completely silly cosmetic stuff . Even the ones that are actual content aren't nearly as much as you are getting with the base game. It's not worth obsessing over.

I realize it was hyperbole to make a point but still I think saying something like you'd rather pay $30+$10 for a base game & dlc vs $10 for just the base game, which is the better and by far larger quantity of content, just seems really extreme to me.

[quote name='pantsattack']From what I gather must people that post are all digital pc wise. Chill out a little bit, there's no need to post disses about games you aren't interested in.[/QUOTE]
I'm chilled, but I'm also entitled to my own opinion. When there are loads of good deals and something that is (honestly) a terrible price, I'll say something about it if I feel like it. Not to mention I don't think everyone here will only buy digital copies; that's a bit silly.

The price is what it is, nothing wrong with that. I just don't know why it's even posted on this topic to be honest. There are lots of "deals" included in this event right now that AREN'T posted on this topic (mostly casual games), so why is Just Cause listed? It seems kind of lame to post that; like it's riding off the fact that people will have bought the Squeenix pack, got Just Cause 2, and then say "Yeah... I do want to play the first one first... Fine, I'll buy it."

Maybe that's not the mindset when Amazon set that price, but eh. Just useless to even advertise; that's basically retail (or what retail currently should be in relation to the market and going price for the game brand new).

Wait what? Are you saying that the DLC doesn't work even if you activate Mirror's Edge on Origin? Or are you saying that it works if you activate Mirror's Edge on Origin, but doesn't work with the Amazon installer?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Not to mention I don't think everyone here will only buy digital copies; that's a bit silly.[/QUOTE]

*raises hand* I generally will only buy digital unless there is some extenuating circumstance like a collectors edition or an old game not available digitally.

If it's a pricing discrepancy I'll just wait for a digital sale.

If that makes me silly so be it.

Nothing wrong with only buying digital (that's not silly at all). I was just saying the thought that everyone on this thread would only buy digitally was a little silly. I'm sure a lot of people here (including myself) also appreciate having a hard copy of a game in hand (especially when it comes to collector's edition items).

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm chilled, but I'm also entitled to my own opinion. When there are loads of good deals and something that is (honestly) a terrible price, I'll say something about it if I feel like it. Not to mention I don't think everyone here will only buy digital copies; that's a bit silly.

The price is what it is, nothing wrong with that. I just don't know why it's even posted on this topic to be honest. There are lots of "deals" included in this event right now that AREN'T posted on this topic (mostly casual games), so why is Just Cause listed? It seems kind of lame to post that; like it's riding off the fact that people will have bought the Squeenix pack, got Just Cause 2, and then say "Yeah... I do want to play the first one first... Fine, I'll buy it."

Maybe that's not the mindset when Amazon set that price, but eh. Just useless to even advertise; that's basically retail (or what retail currently should be in relation to the market and going price for the game brand new).[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I copy and paste the deals in my tracker into the OP for our major vendors without a lot of discrimination, the reason I don't list Casual games line item by line item is because there are 200+ of them and the OP is already cluttered...

I'm actually unsure what your request is though, are you asking that I remove the title and sale price from the OP? If so, I'd like to understand the clear reasoning behind why, is a 50% discount offensive?

Cheers,
Tony

It's not offensive, and I don't mind either way, it just doesn't fit with all the awesome deals you show us. I can honestly go down the entire OP and (if I wanted every single game there) save a considerable amount of money on every single title there. They're awesome deals. Then... there's Just Cause.

It's just confusing to see it at that price point (especially considering Just Cause 2 was basically under $2 with the Squeenix bundle, and it's a better, pricier game), and included on the list. Guess I don't know how you guys' pricing methods work, just curious.

[quote name='sunghost']Wait what? Are you saying that the DLC doesn't work even if you activate Mirror's Edge on Origin? Or are you saying that it works if you activate Mirror's Edge on Origin, but doesn't work with the Amazon installer?[/QUOTE]

I bought the base game from Amazon, and tried to use the DLC from Origin. I knew that it was an older game and might not require the Origin Client, but no dice. It does have to download through the client, and you can't do that because it won't show up at all if you don't have a valid EADD version of the base game. It was worth $2.50 to try :)

Also, the game is version 1.0 from amazon, those with nvidia chipsets are gonna want to update it to v 1.0.1 because of the crashes with PshyX.

And as far as the DLC argument about publishers cutting data out of games to later charge as DLC, like Assassin's Creed II and Alice Madness Returns (which fortunately can be reenabled through a config file), I completely agree. But don't hold it against us "pokemon" types that want the entire experience. I've waited since Mirror's Edge was released and have never ever seen it less than $20 for the PS3, with the PSN DLC that would be $30 total. I just recently built a rig good enough to get back into PC gaming, and am still used to thinking that paying $20-$30 for a base game is a deal... and I was willing to pay that to get the "full game"...but I'm learning.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's not offensive, and I don't mind either way, it just doesn't fit with all the awesome deals you show us. I can honestly go down the entire OP and (if I wanted every single game there) save a considerable amount of money on every single title there. They're awesome deals. Then... there's Just Cause.

It's just confusing to see it at that price point, and included on the list. Guess I don't know how you guys' pricing methods work, just curious.[/QUOTE]

Sure that make sense. In this specific case we looked at everything we had from Square Enix and either fit it into a bundle or a price point we'd promoted previously and saw success with. Everything else we put at 50% off because we have 0 performance data on it.

The exception to this was Last Remnant as it was already priced super high so we brought it to $14.99.

We don't "race to the bottom" with our promotions, we test stuff, analyze data, and decide what our next price point should be. In cases where we have little or no data we usually default to 50% off to gather some.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='walkonshadows']I bought the base game from Amazon, and tried to use the DLC from Origin. I knew that it was an older game and might not require the Origin Client, but no dice. It does have to download through the client, and you can't do that because it won't show up at all if you don't have a valid EADD version of the base game. It was worth $2.50 to try :)

Also, the game is version 1.0 from amazon, those with nvidia chipsets are gonna want to update it to v 1.0.1 because of the crashes with PshyX.

And as far as the DLC argument about publishers cutting data out of games to later charge as DLC, like Assassin's Creed II and Alice Madness Returns (which fortunately can be reenabled through a config file), I completely agree. But don't hold it against us "pokemon" types that want the entire experience. I've waited since Mirror's Edge was released and have never ever seen it less than $20 for the PS3, with the PSN DLC that would be $30 total. I just recently built a rig good enough to get back into PC gaming, and am still used to thinking that paying $20-$30 for a base game is a deal... and I was willing to pay that to get the "full game"...but I'm learning.[/QUOTE]

To follow up on this (I am emailing EA on this) are you 100% positive that if you DO have the EADD version of Mirror's Edge that the DLC will work...I'm not 100% sure this is right.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='walkonshadows']I bought the base game from Amazon, and tried to use the DLC from Origin. I knew that it was an older game and might not require the Origin Client, but no dice. It does have to download through the client, and you can't do that because it won't show up at all if you don't have a valid EADD version of the base game. It was worth $2.50 to try :)

And as far as the DLC argument about publishers cutting data out of games to later charge as DLC, like Assassin's Creed II and Alice Madness Returns (which fortunately can be reenabled through a config file), I completely agree. But don't hold it against us "pokemon" types that want the entire experience. I've waited since Mirror's Edge was released and have never ever seen it less than $20 for the PS3, with the PSN DLC that would be $30 total. I just recently built a rig good enough to get back into PC gaming, and am still used to thinking that paying $20-$30 for a base game is a deal... and I was willing to pay that to get the "full game"...but I'm learning.[/QUOTE]

I'm still a bit confused. Did you try activating the serial key for Mirror's Edge that you got from Amazon on Origin?

Makes sense. I guess it'll only go lower in the future. If Just Cause 2 wasn't so cheap I could imagine some people would buy Just Cause for the price you have it at, but when you compare it's better in every way to pay the same price for newer, better game... and get another four great games for free.

But if it's data you need, I guess that's the way to get it huh? lol.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']To follow up on this (I am emailing EA on this) are you 100% positive that if you DO have the EADD version of Mirror's Edge that the DLC will work...I'm not 100% sure this is right.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm a little confused as to why they would sell DLC right beside the base game in the Origin store if it didn't work at all, but I was quoting a paragraph that only popped up AFTER I had bought the DLC that said it was only compatible with EADD version of the game, and warned that having downloaded the base game from 3rd parties would not work. Like I said that only showed AFTER I bought it, it's the only time I ever saw the word EADD, and it does say it requires the full version to play. But it's not the fan made hack/mod. Here is the link to the product I bought:

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.110843700/sac.true#terms

Now that the base game is only $10 at Origin, I would have bought it and the DLC together from the same place, even though it (base game) would have been twice as much there. That's the point I was trying to make earlier. I was prepared to buy the DLC at $5.00. was worth a shot at $2.50. But to answer your question directly, No I can't be 100% positive that it works with the EADD version, cause I bought the Amazon version. The Origin Client couldn't find the base game, and therefor refused to even show I owned the DLC for it.I wish I had just got the PS3 version years ago and bought the DLC off PSN. C'est la vie. Again, thanks Tony. The fact your even discussing this is awesome. Anywhere else and it would be lost in a sea of automated CS emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']I'm still a bit confused. Did you try activating the serial key for Mirror's Edge that you got from Amazon on Origin?[/QUOTE]

No he's saying the base game works fine but the DLC won't register with it.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, I'm a little confused as to why they would sell DLC right beside the base game in the Origin store if it didn't work at all, but I was quoting a paragraph that only popped up AFTER I had bought the DLC that said it was only compatible with EADD version of the game, and warned that having downloaded the base game from 3rd parties would not work. Like I said that only showed AFTER I bought it, it's the only time I ever saw the word EADD, and it does say it requires the full version to play. But it's not the fan made hack/mod. Here is the link to the product I bought:

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.110843700/sac.true#terms

Now that the base game is only $10 at Origin, I would have bought it and the DLC together from the same place, even though it (base game) would have been twice as much there. That's the point I was trying to make earlier. I was prepared to buy the DLC at $5.00. was worth a shot at $2.50.[/QUOTE]

Roger, thanks for the clarity. I'll let you know what I hear back for sure.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No he's saying the base game works fine but the DLC won't register with it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should've been more clear. Was asking if he activated his Amazon key on Origin, and then tried to use the DLC he bought on Origin. I just bought the DLC from Origin to test for myself (I also used the key for the base game from Amazon to activate it on Origin). I was able to download/install the DLC fine.. but when I go to the "Time Trial" menu in-game, it says I can't connect to EA online. Guess I should've checked the Time Trial menu to begin with before buying the DLC.

EDIT: Tried getting to the Time Trial menu in offline mode and it worked. DLC works perfectly, however I have no idea how to connect to the EA servers properly.

[quote name='sunghost']Sorry, I should've been more clear. Was asking if he activated his Amazon key on Origin, and then tried to use the DLC he bought on Origin. I just bought the DLC from Origin to test for myself (I also used the key for the base game from Amazon to activate it on Origin). I was able to download/install the DLC fine.. but when I go to the "Time Trial" menu in-game, it says I can't connect to EA online. Guess I should've checked the Time Trial menu to begin with before buying the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you did a step I didn't do, I never regged the game on Origin, I tried to use the code for the DLC through the client, but kept sating it had already been used. And there is no Time Trial menu in game normally, so your a hell of alot closer than me getting it to work. On some level your game is picking up the DLC. Are the servers even up anymore? That would suck if you still couldn't play the maps even though all the servers did was keep high scores/ghost data. Maybe I've gotten myself upset over something that...well no, they're still selling it, it should work.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Hmm, you did a step I didn't do, I never regged the game on Origin, I tried to use the code for the DLC through the client, but kept sating it had already been used. And there is no Time Trial menu in game normally, so your a hell of alot closer than me getting it to work. On some level your game is picking up the DLC.[/QUOTE]

The code probably said "already used" because it was registered to your account when you bought it (that's what happened when I bought it). I think if you try activating your Amazon key on Origin, it'll show the game in your library and you may see the DLC on your account afterward.

[quote name='Motoki']*raises hand* I generally will only buy digital unless there is some extenuating circumstance like a collectors edition or an old game not available digitally.

If it's a pricing discrepancy I'll just wait for a digital sale.

If that makes me silly so be it.[/QUOTE]
Physical is always a worse deal for me because I pay 13% sales tax on everything in Canada. Buying off these US or overseas sites I pay no tax. The exchange rate is good enough that I only pay a few extra cents in the conversion to USD. On a $60 game I'm saving like $8 just on the tax, plus you can pretty much always find a better deal than msrp at one of the online stores. If having a physical disc meant I could resell it like a console game, then that might be another story, but you can't.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure that make sense. In this specific case we looked at everything we had from Square Enix and either fit it into a bundle or a price point we'd promoted previously and saw success with. Everything else we put at 50% off because we have 0 performance data on it.

The exception to this was Last Remnant as it was already priced super high so we brought it to $14.99.

We don't "race to the bottom" with our promotions, we test stuff, analyze data, and decide what our next price point should be. In cases where we have little or no data we usually default to 50% off to gather some.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Since you're giving us a peek into how the sausage is made, would you mind sharing how you got ME3 from 29.99 to 25.99? Not complaining, I'm just curious as to how all that happened. Thanks Tony!

If you bought the mirrors edge dlc on origin then i'm 99.99% sure you have to have the base game registered on there in order for the dlc to work as it gets registered to your origin account. So register the game through origin, then you should be able to click the "i" which will show you the add ons you have for that game: under this it should show the time trials dlc. As for the not able to connect to ea online, i'm pretty sure that has to do with ea taking down the servers, but you should still be able to play the trials maps regardless.

[quote name='mewantgames']If you bought the mirrors edge dlc on origin then i'm 99.99% sure you have to have the base game registered on there in order for the dlc to work as it gets registered to your origin account. So register the game through origin, then you should be able to click the "i" which will show you the add ons you have for that game: under this it should show the time trials dlc. As for the not able to connect to ea online, i'm pretty sure that has to do with ea taking down the servers, but you should still be able to play the trials maps regardless.[/QUOTE]

According to this, EA didn't take down the servers:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/8320597.page#21217328

It's some weird bug that EA probably won't fix. The funny thing is that the Steam version doesn't have this problem..

[quote name='sunghost']The code probably said "already used" because it was registered to your account when you bought it (that's what happened when I bought it). I think if you try activating your Amazon key on Origin, it'll show the game in your library and you may see the DLC on your account afterward.[/QUOTE]
I think so, too. You will have to download alot of the game again, even if you place it in the Origin Games folder.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Nothing wrong with only buying digital (that's not silly at all). I was just saying the thought that everyone on this thread would only buy digitally was a little silly. I'm sure a lot of people here (including myself) also appreciate having a hard copy of a game in hand (especially when it comes to collector's edition items).[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a DVD/CD/BluRay drive in any of my computers for the past 2 years and I don't miss it at all. That said, I still end up buying collectors editions for their physical extras and just as a display piece... although those occasions are extremely rare and really restricted to my favorite titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back