Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Got Max Payne 3, good deal. Hopefully their super-secret DRM doesn't bite me in the ass though, I normally wouldn't buy a game without knowing how many activations there are.[/QUOTE]

If I recall, GTA4 had Unlimited Activations.

I don't know if Rockstar changed their policy on that unlimited activation stuff, but keep this in mind -- you will have to tie to your Rockstar game key to your Rockstar Social Club account...just like LA Noire PC. You likely will need to sign-into your Rockstar account to activate your game on whatever PC it needs activation on.

That makes me think it's probable that unlimited activation might still exist for their games [b/c everything's binded to your RSC account w/ their recent games since LA Noire PC] - but I'm not 100%, since it doesn't just say Unlimited Activations flat-out...

There are 2 vesrions of Civ IV, right? Steam and non-Steam...but what if you buy the Pack (Civ IV + Civ V)?? Which version of Civ IV will that come with?

[quote name='naruto98']What is up with No One Being Online on PC Cod Games, Is PC Gaming that dead, or is it something on my end? I'm playing MW2 and it takes 5-10 Min to find a match.[/QUOTE]
Everybody's probably playing MW3.
I remember the amount of MW3 games going were INSANE, when Steam had free weekends for MW3...

[quote name='naruto98']What is up with No One Being Online on PC Cod Games, Is PC Gaming that dead, or is it something on my end? I'm playing MW2 and it takes 5-10 Min to find a match.[/QUOTE]

I think it has something to do with MW3 more than anything else ;)

[quote name='nategator']I think it has something to do with MW3 more than anything else ;)[/QUOTE]
Same.
Free Weekends for MW3 are normally INSANE.
Since I don't buy COD games upon release and I wait until they get cheaper, I try to play those COD free MP weekends whenever Steam has them, since you know gamers will move onto the next COD and its MP when it drops.
I bet MW3 MP will be abandoned quite a bit by players, once Black Ops 2 launches...

[quote name='madnessnewb']There are 2 vesrions of Civ IV, right? Steam and non-Steam...but what if you buy the Pack (Civ IV + Civ V)?? Which version of Civ IV will that come with?[/QUOTE]

Non-Steam in the packs, noted in the OP.

Working on Packs with all Steam.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']If I recall, GTA4 had Unlimited Activations.

I don't know if Rockstar changed their policy on that unlimited activation stuff, but keep this in mind -- you will have to tie to your Rockstar game key to your Rockstar Social Club account...just like LA Noire PC. You likely will need to sign-into your Rockstar account to activate your game on whatever PC it needs activation on.

That makes me think it's probable that unlimited activation might still exist for their games [b/c everything's binded to your RSC account w/ their games] - but I'm not 100%, since it doesn't say Unlimited Activations flat-out...[/QUOTE]
If there are no limits you'd think they would tell us that to avoid negative publicity. If Amazon provides free replacement codes then that's great, I don't know how they can afford to do that.

There's many other better FPS to play besides COD on PC.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']There's many other better FPS to play besides COD on PC.[/QUOTE]
Very true - I'd rather play BF series over COD in MP.
But still - COD is COD; A LOT of people still play the newest COD highly on the MP.

I gotta admit, though - I like the Kill Confirmed mode in MW3.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Non-Steam in the packs, noted in the OP.

Working on Packs with all Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for quick response.. missed that in the OP.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']If there are no limits you'd think they would tell us that to avoid negative publicity.[/quote]
Oh, I definitely agree w/ this.

If Amazon provides free replacement codes then that's great, I don't know how they can afford to do that.
Maybe Amazon DVG buys them cheaper by buying in bulk?
Don't know, but you'd have to ask Tony.
Though, I don't know if Tony can give that kind of info out...

[quote name='MysterD']Very true - I'd rather play BF series over COD in MP.
But still - COD is COD; A LOT of people still play the newest COD highly on the MP.

I gotta admit, though - I like the Kill Confirmed mode in MW3.[/QUOTE]
I do have to say I enjoyed MW3's Kill Confirmed mode when I played it at a friend's place. It's almost basically Thief mode from the Timesplitters games.

...now I'm sad Timesplitters 4 is probably never going to be made.

[quote name='MysterD']Oh, I definitely agree w/ this.

Maybe Amazon DVG buys them cheaper by buying in bulk?
Don't know, but you'd have to ask Tony.
Though, I don't know if Tony can give that kind of info out...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure most "average" users will never run out of activations on a particular key (1-3 installs per year). This is on top of some DRMs with automatic revocation base on time, uninstalls, and account associations.

I'm just gonna say it. Spec Ops is at 7gb, looks better than Max Payne 3, does not interrupt you with constant unskippable cutscenes, and loads quicker, if you could even call Max Payne 3's bold-faced lies of "Still Loading" actual load times.

Hell, I'd even call SO more fun.

Tony, there is one big advantage for Steam in case anyone is keeping score. If you download a game like Max Payne 3 from Amazon, you get the whole game downloaded but then have to sit through another half hour install. Steam just downloads the complete pre-installed package. That convenience is a huge plus.

I don't think it is something that can be fixed, I am just stating it in the event it hadn't gone on the list of things to consider.

The word on Syndicate is Origin, sadly.

That said, it was competent. The co-op, of which I played only the demo so far, was easily the best part. SP is decent but short. Only problem is neon bloom, even more offensive bloom than Dead Island

Nice deals - now the question is should I get Syndicate or The Darkness II. Anyone got a helpful opinion? (I don't care about the 2.50 difference in price or Origin vs Steam.)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Walkonshadows, did this answer your question?

Tony[/QUOTE]

Yes it did, it was mostly my incorrect assumption, thanks for the explanation yangwenli, and Tony for following up.

Bought Max Payne 3 when it was on sale for $44.95 @ bb last week. Only physical copy of a PC game i own as of today....no way do i see myself ever downloading a 35gb+ game, especially as often as im doing clean installs on my PC like once every 2-3 weeks lol

[quote name='The End']So one month after Max Payne 3 is released, it's half off? Man, am I glad I don't pre-order stuff.[/QUOTE]
What'd you expect?
Console version launched same day as Diablo 3.
Max 3 sold only 440K in May on consoles.
Diablo 3 is the fastest selling PC game of all time, love it or hate it.
Did you really think Max 3 PC version was going to sell like crazy at $60 and do blockbusters numbers, launching LATER after console version?

EDIT:
Also keep in mind, to add to the above, Max 3 also has a Season Pass DLC that goes for $30...
That'll cause a price-drop or sale real quick...always does.

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Nice deals - now the question is should I get Syndicate or The Darkness II. Anyone got a helpful opinion? (I don't care about the 2.50 difference in price or Origin vs Steam.)[/QUOTE]

I have recently beat both games and if you can afford it I say get both. If not then Syndicate is a future scifi FPS with upgrades to your abilities to make your enemies explode or shoot each other and Co-op with the campaign. Darkness II takes you to a Mafia setting with FPS but you have tentacles that can kill enemies or grab items and use them as projectiles. It also has mode called Vendetta that lets you play solo or up to 3 players and fill in some of the side story. Hopefully that helps.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm just gonna say it. Spec Ops is at 7gb, looks better than Max Payne 3, does not interrupt you with constant unskippable cutscenes, and loads quicker, if you could even call Max Payne 3's bold-faced lies of "Still Loading" actual load times.

Hell, I'd even call SO more fun.

Tony, there is one big advantage for Steam in case anyone is keeping score. If you download a game like Max Payne 3 from Amazon, you get the whole game downloaded but then have to sit through another half hour install. Steam just downloads the complete pre-installed package. That convenience is a huge plus.

I don't think it is something that can be fixed, I am just stating it in the event it hadn't gone on the list of things to consider.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but if the base game is updated on Amazon's side (like with Majesty Gold being upgraded to HD) you have to down the whole package again. With Steam it's no more than a patch auto downed by the client.

Hey Tony!

Any word on Dawn of Discovery Gold? I know you are very busy and probably haven't had time to check...

Thanks again for all the great deals!

On another note - any way you can lift the new tax in Texas for Amazon? :lol:

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Has there ever been a lower price for sims 3? Thinking about buying it.[/QUOTE]

Most of the Sims stuff except the very newest stuff packs and expansions has been 75% off on Steam before. Keep in mind though that if you buy it there you have to buy any expansions or stuff packs there in the future.

EA also has yet to release the Katie Perry Sweet Treats Stuff pack to Steam. While I personally don't think anyone is missing much I'm not sure what is up with that and if that is a trend that will continue with EA not releasing further new Sims content to Steam.

[quote name='jester55']Hey Tony!
Any word on Dawn of Discovery Gold? I know you are very busy and probably haven't had time to check...
[/QUOTE]

If he can talk Ubisoft into a DRM free version of it I would probably bite on it. You can't get it on Steam anymore. I know Amazon assures they will reissue keys if you are ever locked out but I just don't want to deal with that hassle and it's an old enough game that they should just take the DRM out already.

[quote name='Motoki']
If he can talk Ubisoft into a DRM free version of it I would probably bite on it. You can't get it on Steam anymore. I know Amazon assures they will reissue keys if you are ever locked out but I just don't want to deal with that hassle and it's an old enough game that they should just take the DRM out already.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with the DRM free sentiments. I just have wished for a long time that I had purchased the game on Steam when it was available. Especially since the majority of my gaming time is with strategy games now days. A DRM version would be even better at this point!

Tony? What do you think? Can you work your magic one more time? :pray:

[quote name='TripJack']If there was a paradox bundle without ck2 I'd probably nab it. Don't feel like finding someone to trade the key with.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, CK2 is such a great game that I cannot see you sitting on that game long if you wanted to trade or sell it. If you have an inclination to try a deep RTS then I would definitely give it a try though. Basically, you just need to go in with the attitude that it will take you a week to "learn" the basics of this game. Once that week learning curve is up - that game is phenomenal! I can't play it enough and it keeps me thinking for hours which I really enjoy in games...:)

Any chance Spec Ops: The Line will end up cheaper than $27.21 (tax included) during the Steam summer sale starting next week???

[quote name='RollingSkull']Tony, there is one big advantage for Steam in case anyone is keeping score. If you download a game like Max Payne 3 from Amazon, you get the whole game downloaded but then have to sit through another half hour install. Steam just downloads the complete pre-installed package. That convenience is a huge plus.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't, at least not for most games. The first time you hit play it still needs to install some packages to the computer itself before the game is playable. And frankly if any game takes half an hour to install on your system, well, maybe you should build a better rig, lol.

[quote name='rieper']Any chance Spec Ops: The Line will end up cheaper than $27.21 (tax included) during the Steam summer sale starting next week???[/QUOTE]

1. You're assuming the summer sale starts next week.
2. Our price will run through 7/14. You can feel free to wait until their sale does start (if it starts before 7/14) and decide then.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TripJack']I'd trade the key away because I already have it.[/QUOTE]

My fault for assuming you didn't have the game...:whistle2:#

[quote name='rieper']Any chance Spec Ops: The Line will end up cheaper than $27.21 (tax included) during the Steam summer sale starting next week???[/QUOTE]

Game came out 5 days ago for 50 dollars, the odds of it going below 50 is little to none. They fact that it is 50 percent off is great for anyone who hasn't buy. Its a great game buy it, but a very interesting statement by 2k games

Honestly, I HIGHLY Doubt it, this game came out less then a week ago and steam has a tenancy not to put BRAND New Games on Sale, I'd say just grab it.

[quote name='nategator']What is the plan with the Arma 2 Combined Ops sale?[/QUOTE]

I too am wondering where I will get ARMA II the cheapest. I pretty much want it JUST so I can finally play DayZ. :p

[quote name='nategator']What is the plan with the Arma 2 Combined Ops sale?[/QUOTE]

Is there a plan? I am chomping at the bit to pick it up after watching videos of DayZ. I've been close to ......paying full price......for it. Man that is hard to say.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I too am wondering where I will get ARMA II the cheapest. I pretty much want it JUST so I can finally play DayZ. :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sharpeone']Is there a plan? I am chomping at the bit to pick it up after watching videos of DayZ. I've been close to ......paying full price......for it.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to put this on sale on Friday. The keys we got for Operation Arrowhead didn't work :(.

Cheers,
Tony

In for Max Payne 3 and bioshock double pack. Everything else I want have from past sales.

Must say these are great prices and looking at how you interact with you customers and answer all the questions you can and work on deals for games they ask is great. I see you helping everyone here and on neogaf and have never seen a company rep provided such great customer service and be 1 on 1 as much as possible. Keep up the great work and it really is appreciated.

If their is any way we can leave feedback for you somewhere or help you in return let us know. Or if your bosses are into numbers EVERYONE quick buy more games.

Tony, this is a bit off topic but related still.

Don't if it is possible or even worth doing for that matter, but have you guys ever thought about doing some kind of promo where you buy a game and you get a coupon/credit/etc towards a controller/joystick/mouse/etc .

Just an example, say you put a flight sim game on sale, a lot of people might be interested but don't have a stick setup to really enjoy it and just don't bother. What if you had it so if they bought the game, they get a coupon/credit/etc to amazon to use only on joysticks/flight setups. Same thing for racing games and wheels, controllers and lots of genres, gaming mice for FPS'. You get the idea.

Like I said, no idea if it possible or worth doing, but I think it could be interesting idea but who knows, could be total crap as I don't have the knowledge you do. Figured I'd throw it out there though.

[quote name='rieper']Bought Max Payne 3 when it was on sale for $44.95 @ bb last week. Only physical copy of a PC game i own as of today....no way do i see myself ever downloading a 35gb+ game, especially as often as im doing clean installs on my PC like once every 2-3 weeks lol[/QUOTE]
Download once, and then back it up.

Picked up pintsized and plentiful packs, Steam snoozes, steam loses? Anyway great deal on a bunch of cheap games I wanted to mess around with.

I see the stronghold collection is 9.99 by itself, probably pick that up for the ladyfriend if she wants it.

[quote name='The End']So one month after Max Payne 3 is released, it's half off? Man, am I glad I don't pre-order stuff.[/QUOTE]
the game has been a disappointment for rockstar, including all platforms it has only sold half million copies, rockstar games usually sell over 2 millions on its first month so that could be one of the reason why they are selling it that cheap, to be honest the game is not good, at least not me, i gamefly it on the 360 and could not even play for more than 2 hours, that's just me tho

Can anyone tell me if the games included in the Rockstar Classics pack are controller-enabled? It doesn't say one way or the other on Steam, but I feel like they'd almost have to be, right? I'd love to buy it but not if I had to use a keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back