Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FatherChesz']I've played GTA III and Max Payne 2 on Win7 with no problems at all...so the other GTA games should work fine since it's the same engine. It is supposed to be Vice City and not Vice City Stories, that's a pretty bad fail from Amazon there.

I've heard of compatibility issues with Midnight Club, to the point where it does not work at all on a 64-bit OS, however.[/QUOTE]
I'm running Midnight Club 2 on Windows Vista x64

A couple of questions:

1. SEGA Dreamcast Collection - killer price. DRM on that? Other retailers use Starforce, which would make lots of people very sad, including me.

2. Any separate pricing on the Sonic games? I have all of them except Sonic 4 Episode 2. I know I am not alone.

Packs are cool, but throw a few bones to those of us who are hoarders and are generally only missing a game or two from a publisher/series!

Will respond to your individual posts soon (this afternoon). Thought you guys would get a kick out of this though.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Spammed Advertisements
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
If you have questions regarding this ban, please Contact Steam Support.

I logged into my Steam forum account to see what the recent scuttlebut was and was served this message. Lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']They're EA, so probably not.[/QUOTE]

We keep telling them and they keep asking.

Maybe there should be a big bold neon green 20 font message in the OP that EA games will never come with Steam keys.

And someone would still ask.

[quote name='Motoki']We keep telling them and they keep asking.

Maybe there should be a big bold neon green 20 font message in the OP that EA games will never come with Steam keys.

And someone would still ask.[/QUOTE]

They are available on the Steam store, hence why I asked.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Will respond to your individual posts soon (this afternoon). Thought you guys would get a kick out of this though.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Spammed Advertisements
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
If you have questions regarding this ban, please Contact Steam Support.

I logged into my Steam forum account to see what the recent scuttlebut was and was served this message. Lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

::facepalm:: Why would they do that?

Tony,

Will any of the below have steam keys included? Thank you!

Sonic 4 Bundle $12.49:

Sonic 4 Episode 1
Sonic 4 Episode 2
Sonic CD

Dreamcast Collection - $4.99

Sega Oldschool Pack - $12.49:

Renegade Ops
Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack
Renegade Ops Cold Strike DLC
Sega Classics Pack 1
Sega Classics Pack 2
Sega Classics Pack 3
Sega Classics Pack 4
Sega Classics Pack 5 - still getting this live but it is the newest one of these packs with Phantasy Star in it.
Sonic CD

[quote name='Saraph']::facepalm:: Why would they do that?

Tony,

Will any of the below have steam keys included? Thank you![/QUOTE]

I am certain that these games can be activated at steam
Sonic 4 Episode 1
Sonic 4 Episode 2
Sonic CD
Renegade Ops
Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack
Renegade Ops Cold Strike DLC

But for the rest I was wondering as well

[quote name='thegreatest']Just out of curiosity, why are the Bioshocks $10 each if you buy separately, but $7.50 for both in the pack?

Also, how is the online community on Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops? Anyone have any insight?[/QUOTE]

Buying in bulk is always cheaper. You can sell the steam codes if you want.

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']They are available on the Steam store, hence why I asked.[/QUOTE]

(Almost) everything is available on the Steam store but it's up to the publisher to request keys from Valve or just use Steamworks as their DRM. Given EA's recent history with Steam and the fact that they have their own alternative store which they are very agressively trying to push so they can completely eliminate the middleman I would say it seems to me that EA issuing Steam keys is something likely to happen when hell freezes over.

It's not in their interests to do it, in fact doing so would be completely contrary to their interests.

Hehe I think it probably might have been not such a good idea to have downloaded Max Payne 3 near the end of my bandwidth cap for the month. I only have about 13GB left (out of 200GB) for the next 6 days before my ISP starts giving me calls lol.

Any opinions on whether the digital deluxe content is worth an extra $12 for Mass Effect 3? I could just buy 560 BP for $7 to get "From Ashes" (it seems to be pretty important, as DLCs go, from what I've read).

[quote name='warreni']Any opinions on whether the digital deluxe content is worth an extra $12 for Mass Effect 3? I could just buy 560 BP for $7 to get "From Ashes" (it seems to be pretty important, as DLCs go, from what I've read).[/QUOTE]

Unless you want the soundtrack, the other DD stuff isn't that great. The guns aren't a big deal, and the outfits for your squadmates give different bonuses but aren't needed.

My Max Payne Steam key came with some bonus stuff, cool.

Classic Max Character
Pill Bottle Item
Special Edition Pack

Error contacting activation server, I can't start the game. :(

Edit: Finally got it to activate. Real pain in the ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Anyone here have a video game tattoo? If so, I might soon be joining the club.

As many of you know, I am a HUGE Borderlands fan and couldn’t be more excited about Borderlands 2. 2K and I have decided to put together a program to help express how excited I am about this game. Between now and launch, if Amazon.com takes 40,000 more preorders than we have right now, I will get a Borderlands Tattoo on my upper back when the game launches. Let me know what you guys think, I'll be posting this in 'Gaf and Reddit as well if you guys frequent those forums.

Here's a link to our page with the 10% off and premier club offer:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ALUBYQ/

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

As many of you know, I am a HUGE Borderlands fan and couldn’t be more excited about Borderlands 2. 2K and I have decided to put together a program to help express how excited I am about this game. Between now and launch, if Amazon.com takes 40,000 more preorders than we have right now, I will get a Borderlands Tattoo on my upper back when the game launches. Let me know what you guys think, I'll be posting this in 'Gaf and Reddit as well if you guys frequent those forums.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
That means it has to be a midget shotgunner. Period.

That ban on Steam is absolutely ridiculous. It just goes to show how money hungry Valve is; such is life.

Also, I asked this awhile back but I think it got lost in the flood. Is there any way you can put a Spore bundle together instead of having everything broken up in singles? And any news on a Sims 3 bundle?

[quote name='thegreatest']Just out of curiosity, why are the Bioshocks $10 each if you buy separately, but $7.50 for both in the pack?

Also, how is the online community on Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops? Anyone have any insight?[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony, I think you may have missed this. ;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']That means it has to be a midget shotgunner. Period.

That ban on Steam is absolutely ridiculous. It just goes to show how money hungry Valve is; such is life.

Also, I asked this awhile back but I think it got lost in the flood. Is there any way you can put a Spore bundle together instead of having everything broken up in singles? And any news on a Sims 3 bundle?[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah I think it might get resolved based on what a 'Gaf user just posted.

As for the Spore and Sims bundle, probably not in July but I'll check for August. Stay tuned.

[quote name='thegreatest']Hey Tony, I think you may have missed this. ;)[/QUOTE]

My bad dude,

Our goal here is/was to push the bundle. To make it "make sense" we'd have had to price the individual games at $3.75 and we didn't want to do that for a battery of reasons.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Do those 40,000 pre-orders have to be fulfilled/shipped? :whee:

You might want to make this clearer just in case hehe.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Do those 40,000 pre-orders have to be fulfilled/shipped? :whee:

You might want to make this clearer just in case hehe.[/QUOTE]

Haha yes :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol yeah I think it might get resolved based on what a 'Gaf user just posted.

As for the Spore and Sims bundle, probably not in July but I'll check for August. Stay tuned.

My bad dude,

Our goal here is/was to push the bundle. To make it "make sense" we'd have had to price the individual games at $3.75 and we didn't want to do that for a battery of reasons.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The last game I bought on launch was the first UFC game, but it looks like I am jumping on the pre-order train for this one.

30 years from now:

"Grandpa, what is Borderlands 2?"

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The last game I bought on launch was the first UFC game, but it looks like I am jumping on the pre-order train for this one.

30 years from now:

"Grandpa, what is Borderlands 2?"[/QUOTE]

Lol my answer:

SOMETHING FULL OF AWESOME!

Cheers,
Tony

Bought the Rockstar Classics Pack, awesome deal though I'm sad it doesn't include Max Payne 1. Excited for Shogun 2 Fall in the upcoming deals, but I'm disappointed that BF3 premium isn't available by itself for a discount. Any love for those who already own the base game?

Oh wow, I'm definitely looking forward to Binary Domain AND that Sonic pack. Too good a price for those Sonic titles.

[quote name='Motoki']This. Why are people downloading Steam games from Amazon? It makes no sense. Amazon doesn't update their games, they just give you the 1.0 retail version most of the time.

What you should be doing is taking the key Amazon gives you and plugging it directly into Steam. from do not download the game from them, just plug the key straight into Steam.

I honestly don't know why these retailers even bother allowing downloads on Steam .[/QUOTE]

Thank you all for teh clarification. Yes, even disk games I but I can add to steam (saves bandwith) but they usually activate when installed (if you install a steam disc game you enter the steam code so it seams seamless). I thought it sounded like amazon FORCED you to download their version to GET teh steam key. If you have steam key then copy/paste into steam does the trick :)

Have we confirmed Rendegade ops is also STEAM?

[quote name='sjchmura'] Have we confirmed Rendegade ops is also STEAM?[/QUOTE]

I bought it during the Christmas sale and was able to redeem it.

Tony, I asked this via PM and also a few pages back. Is it possible to get a Steam redeemable code for Scratches Director's Cut I purchased on Amazon DD? Thanks, I know your busy and keep up the great work.

[quote name='sunasun']Tony, I asked this via PM and also a few pages back. Is it possible to get a Steam redeemable code for Scratches Director's Cut I purchased on Amazon DD? Thanks, I know your busy and keep up the great work.[/QUOTE]

Weird I thought i responded to this PM. My bad.

I don't have any info on this right now. I don't think we carry the Steam version.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Weird I thought i responded to this PM. My bad.

I don't have any info on this right now. I don't think we carry the Steam version.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
It's all good. :) Thought I saw someone on here said they had bought the Steam version on Amazon. I just doublechecked on Amazon and didn't see a Steam version so maybe I'm just getting old and hallucinating whole threads. Lol. I did pick up Spore galactic adventures, been waiting for that to go on sale on Origin but they just raise their price to 40 and do 50% off.
Thanks again
Side note, talked wife into buying new pool pump off Amazon just because of your great customer service.
Happy Holiday!!!!

I wish I could get Steam keys for my Stronghold collection I bought before they offered Steam keys as a choice recently. I'm glad to see the choice coming up more now though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']$25 Amalur and $5 each for the DLCs.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

@Tony
Is this flipping anytime soon?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

My bad dude,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying to make it the same price as the bundle would be, but really $10 each? Last time you did this bundle they were $5 each, so why not do $5 each again?

Just seems a little silly to me to punish the people that only want/need one of them THAT much.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Is this flipping anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

7/8-7/14

[quote name='thegreatest']I wasn't saying to make it the same price as the bundle would be, but really $10 each? Last time you did this bundle they were $5 each, so why not do $5 each again?

Just seems a little silly to me to punish the people that only want/need one of them THAT much.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying. I guess we didn't view it as punishing those who only wanted 1 since, as you noted, we've had them at $5 each before.

The reason we didn't do that this time is because we focused on building really awesome bundles and then did "50% off everything else". To be frank, we were anticipating a Steam sale during this time period so we planned as if that would be their promotional approach, as it has been in the past.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']7/8-7/14
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! :)

You probably should add KOA: Amalur + DLC's to your front page OP for the 7/8-7/14 list. :)

Tony,

I know they haven't in the past but any chance the Sega Classics Packs come with Steam keys now?

Edit: Same question for Virtua Tennis 4, which I just noticed in the OP :)

In for BioShock bundle. I love this thread, and I love Tony for making it all possible. Thank you Tony for bringing us these awesome deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back