Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone going to purchase the THQ pack that doesn't want Red Faction? Lemme know so we can maybe work out a deal when it hits, it's really the only one I want, as I own the rest. DLC I can take or leave, not a high priority.

Along the lines of what Corpekata said, I may be interested in the THQ pack when it rolls around just for Darksiders and Metro 2033. If any are interested in fleshing out a group buy on that, lemme know.

Also, if anyone wants the 2K Shooter Pack but already has Borderlands GOTY, I'll buy it off you for $5!

If anyone is interested in splitting the Total War pack, please PM me. I am mostly interested in Empire and Napolean and ambivalent towards the Shogun 2 expansions, but don't need the rest. Thanks!

[quote name='Genocidal']Tony,

I know they haven't in the past but any chance the Sega Classics Packs come with Steam keys now?

Edit: Same question for Virtua Tennis 4, which I just noticed in the OP :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd also like to know if Virtua Tennis 4 could be bought as a Steam code. I had actually thought it's a Steamworks title but apparently it's not. 5 bucks would be a great price but I'd highly prefer to have it on Steam. :)

Also, Tony getting banned from the Steam forums is the most hilarious thing. Of course, the Steam forums are big a nest of stupidity and barely have anything to do with Steam itself, and it was most probably done by some hyperactive volunteer mod, but nonetheless, unless they let Tony back in, there's no question it's a bad PR move by Steam.

I mean obviously Amazon is competition but it's also doing a service for Steam by providing Steam codes for as many games as they can and consequently bringing Steam new customers.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']7/8-7/14

I hear what you're saying. I guess we didn't view it as punishing those who only wanted 1 since, as you noted, we've had them at $5 each before.

The reason we didn't do that this time is because we focused on building really awesome bundles and then did "50% off everything else". To be frank, we were anticipating a Steam sale during this time period so we planned as if that would be their promotional approach, as it has been in the past.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, I gotcha. I can understand that. :applause:

I was just a little confused about it. haha

Anyone play any of the games included in The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack and wouldn't mind sharing a mini-review, especially considering the value at $3 per game? Thanks!

[quote name='nategator']Anyone play any of the games included in The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack and wouldn't mind sharing a mini-review, especially considering the value at $3 per game? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Bulletstorm - Just beat it this past weekend. Bare bones when it comes to PC options, but it's a lot of fun and highly underrated. The game is gorgeous. (Also helps if you still have an immature sense of humor :lol:)

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - Tried multiple times to get into this Burnout but it just didn't grab me like the previous ones because of how the races are structured. It's a free roam type of game where you drive to where the races take place. Still, for $3, this is an incredible value.

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - Played it years ago on 360 and the reviews are spot on. It's terrible, but there is still fun to be had.

Mirror's Edge - Nearly 4 years later and I still come back to this game from time to time. Criminally underrated and one of the best looking games on PC. DICE did an outstanding job. A very unique game.

The Saboteur - Never played it, though I plan on picking it up soon.

Saboteur is GREAT, for the price. I played through it on PS3 and completed to 100%, very cool game. The stealth system is kinda touchy, but if you know how it works you can make it work for you. Really enjoyed it, and bought it again for PC. Burnout Paradise is my favorite car/driving game of all time. Completed it to 100% on PS3 twice and then played it another time through for the platinum trophy.

Oh gosh, I didn't even see that bundle. Too bad I already picked up Mirror's Edge and Madness Returns in the last sale.

If anyone is looking to grab only Mirror's Edge for $3 I'll probably be grabbing the bundle. Not sure how that would work though... An Origin code can be passed on just like a Steam code, can't it?

Tony,

I'm glad ME3 is back on sale and I hate to complain, but man that price is meh given what it was the last time and given how it slipped past me. I looked away and bam, I missed it back on that one day you had it on sale. It's a shame you couldn't match that pricing again because that was insta-buy material there. Even hitting 50% like MW3 and MP3 would have been awesome...

Unlike usual, I'm going to have to give this deal some SRS thought and deliberation! Make some calculations. Work up a few spreadsheats, some pie graphs, and maybe even a flow chart. This is srs bsns.

Hmm, has any stores outside of steam ever put Dead Space series that activates on steam? Is it even allowed? I really want to play dead space series but don't like having multiple DD on my computer.

[quote name='Zat']Yeah, I'd also like to know if Virtua Tennis 4 could be bought as a Steam code. I had actually thought it's a Steamworks title but apparently it's not. 5 bucks would be a great price but I'd highly prefer to have it on Steam. :)

Also, Tony getting banned from the Steam forums is the most hilarious thing. Of course, the Steam forums are big a nest of stupidity and barely have anything to do with Steam itself, and it was most probably done by some hyperactive volunteer mod, but nonetheless, unless they let Tony back in, there's no question it's a bad PR move by Steam.

I mean obviously Amazon is competition but it's also doing a service for Steam by providing Steam codes for as many games as they can and consequently bringing Steam new customers.[/QUOTE]

Waiting to hear on Virtua Tennis, asked my operations guy, but haven't heard back yet. He is still making the product page.

[quote name='Usarocker']Tony is that kingdom deal for origin or steam keys? Really want that game on steam. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Origin, alas.

[quote name='bobphone']I don't like those GAF kids shitting on my man Tony. Not cool.[/QUOTE]

Lol it's not a big deal. I knew it was time to vacate the thread when, while trying to explain that I was just trying to give them some insight into the industry the response was a several post discussion about whether or not being the Marketing Manager at one of the largest video game retailers on the planet qualified as being in the industry :p.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Tony,

I'm glad ME3 is back on sale and I hate to complain, but man that price is meh given what it was the last time and given how it slipped past me. I looked away and bam, I missed it back on that one day you had it on sale. It's a shame you couldn't match that pricing again because that was insta-buy material there. Even hitting 50% like MW3 and MP3 would have been awesome...

Unlike usual, I'm going to have to give this deal some SRS thought and deliberation! Make some calculations. Work up a few spreadsheats, some pie graphs, and maybe even a flow chart. This is srs bsns.[/QUOTE]

Its cool man, I understand, they can't all be no-brainers. Consider this mental exercise my gift to you :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Luckz']So wait, is Virtua Tennis Steam, non-Steam or still unknown? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Still unknown, I'll know tomorrow when I hear back from the guys who make products work on Amazon.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still unknown, I'll know tomorrow when I hear back from the guys who make products work on Amazon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Mah man.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Mah man.[/QUOTE]

WURD.

[quote name='Saraph']Tony,

Will all 5 Sega packs come with Steam keys? Thank you![/QUOTE]

Negative ghostrider.

Cheers,
Tony

Yup, Amazon won Winter and now they look to be winning Summer also. Along with price matching I see no reason to buy anything through Steam again. It's just a downloader/stat tracker for me now.

I tip my glass to you, Tony.

[quote name='60fps']Yup, Amazon won Winter and now they look to be winning Summer also. Along with price matching I see no reason to buy anything through Steam again. It's just a downloader/stat tracker for me now.

I tip my glass to you, Tony.[/QUOTE]

:) Thanks man! Come to PAX Prime and we'll tip one together!

Cheers,
Tony

Anyone been having any issues getting keys from Amazon. I placed an order about 3 hours ago for Spec Ops the line, and i still have not received a key. every time i click the order i get this message "Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected"

Anyone else having issues?

Ugh, debating on that total war collection, speaking of which, will they all be steam activated? I know the newer ones need steam, but the older ones... Don't know. lol
And same with the THQ bundle. Kind of want that for Metro, Nexuiz, and Supreme Commander? Think those three alone are worth the 15? And will it be steam activated?

[quote name='chocobot']Anyone knows if the sims 3 expansion packs will go on sale this time as well?[/QUOTE]
Doesn't sound like it; here's what Tony said earlier when I asked about expansion packs/bundles.
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']As for the Spore and Sims bundle, probably not in July but I'll check for August. Stay tuned.[/QUOTE]

Tony, with all the negativity. I gotta say again how much we value the insight you provide to the community. While I may not always get in on your deals, they are deals and very respectable. Negotiation of Steam Kys from publishers is also forward thinking and awesome. If I didn't jut get married last week, I would be all over the deals this week. Heck I may still get MP3 and Spec Ops just so you can tell your manager it's a sale you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

I'm liking Syndicate, pretty typical Starbreeze game but it's nice and I like the art a lot.

Too bad it caught so much hate for inappropriate franchise usage, but while that sucks I'll forgive it and enjoy it for what it is.

Thanks for all the hard work, Tony. You do a really good job.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']How are the Total War games for a complete strategy game newbie? They always looked cool to me, especially Shogun.[/QUOTE]

They are considered among the best strategy games ever. I have them all but I've only played Shogun 2 (got them in a steam bundle last year). It's a great game.

The only thing I would say is get them if you have time to play. It's not just something you can pick up and play for 5 minutes. It takes time to learn all the mechanics and the games take quite a while. Also these aren't RTS (real time strategy - Starcraft 2, Warcraft 3, etc.). They are a combination of turn based (outside of combat) and real time (in combat).

On another note, Total War: Rome 2 just got announced today with a 2013 release date!

I think what Tony/Amazon is doing well here is that they are keeping us informed and updated with what's coming up, planned and sharing why they do things the way they do. This makes Amazon really hard in general to compete with and why so many of their competitors are going out of business. It's not always just the prices neither since we'd probably all agree that Best Buy is pretty crappy in terms of service/knowledge in addition to the bad prices there.

With all the posts about the Steam summer sale, would it really hurt Steam to just come out and say, no, we won't have a sale or the sale is delayed this year to this date because of "..." or that.

Just seems like a lack of care/concern or simply not caring to me, a small customer.

If anyone here wants to pick up the THQ pack when it's up but doesn't want Metro 2033 or Darksiders can you PM me? Those are the only two games I want and I'd be interested in selling the other 3 or buying the keys from someone who bought the whole pack.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Lol it's not a big deal. I knew it was time to vacate the thread when, while trying to explain that I was just trying to give them some insight into the industry the response was a several post discussion about whether or not being the Marketing Manager at one of the largest video game retailers on the planet qualified as being in the industry :p

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

amazonwinman.jpg

Keep doing what you're doing, Tony.

I've been reading some reviews for Syndicate on other sites, however i don't know if i can trust them. is syndicate a good game to buy ?
japan53.gif

[quote name='moon1970']I've been reading some reviews for Syndicate on other sites, however i don't know if i can trust them. is syndicate a good game to buy ?
japan53.gif
[/QUOTE]

It is a nice corridor shooter but pretty short (4-4.5 hours) and for $15 it is pretty decent

Anyone know why amazon keeps asking me for my credit card number? i have 1-click payment off, but yet it wants me to add one.
I have a credit card already added to my amazon account.
I am wondering why i cant buy anything without getting this message everytime i buy bioshock 2 dual pack
2prg0gl.png

Just ordered Max Payne 3 and Spec Ops The Line. Will probably swing back in later for Syndicate after these finish downloading, it's going to take a bit for 30 gigs plus in my area.

The sales work, keep up the good... Erm... Work.

Same for the pre-orders. I've pre-ordered Darksiders 2 with you guys. On the fence about Sleeping Dogs, but I'll pick up through you guys if I decide to get it.

[quote name='deranged boar']Anyone know why amazon keeps asking me for my credit card number? i have 1-click payment off, but yet it wants me to add one.
I have a credit card already added to my amazon account.
I am wondering why i cant buy anything without getting this message everytime i buy bioshock 2 dual pack
2prg0gl.png
[/QUOTE]

It does that only for DLC codes. Seems like some kind of security check. Base games don't do this, but buy any DLC and they ask for the card only.
[quote name='Jackovasaurus']How are the Total War games for a complete strategy game newbie? They always looked cool to me, especially Shogun.[/QUOTE]

I finally tried my hand at those games in January with SHogun 2. I have to say that it can be a bit overwhelming at first, but it's full of encyclopedic knowledge of how to play.

They key is to take it very slow. Just try battles one at a time until you get used to the basics. Best bet is to try the demo if you already haven't. It's a pretty lengthily demo full of all you need to know to play the game.

After all this time I still haven't finished a campaign yet, but I do not regret my purchase. It's a quality game.

I finally tried my hand at those games in January with SHogun 2. I have to say that it can be a bit overwhelming at first, but it's full of encyclopedic knowledge of how to play.

They key is to take it very slow. Just try battles one at a time until you get used to the basics. Best bet is to try the demo if you already haven't. It's a pretty lengthily demo full of all you need to know to play the game.

After all this time I still haven't finished a campaign yet, but I do not regret my purchase. It's a quality game.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Ugh, debating on that total war collection, speaking of which, will they all be steam activated? I know the newer ones need steam, but the older ones... Don't know. lol[/QUOTE]
Well, it's a decent enough realtime combat with very simple/dumb grand strategy and tons of bugs ;p
Crusader Kings II and other games made by (not just published by) Paradox Interactive have deep grand strategy, but no realtime combat. And tons of bugs too.
There be mods to make TW games better. There are tons of mods for Paradox games too, while at it (to be found on their forums). The Game of Thrones mod for CK2 seems pretty popular, while for the last few Total War games it's all DarthDarthDarth. Rome Total War had a number of other popular mods.

As for Steam activation, the first post lists that Medieval II and Rome TW do NOT activate on Steam while the newer titles do (and are in fact Steam-only), but there ARE Steam keys for those games (Rome & Medieval II), sold by a British competitor of Amazon. Maybe if Tony pulls some strings...

[quote name='SPVietBoy']And same with the THQ bundle. Kind of want that for Metro, Nexuiz, and Supreme Commander? Think those three alone are worth the 15? And will it be steam activated?[/QUOTE]
The games in that bundle all activate on Steam. I guess the majority are Steam only. It's a pretty dandy bundle.

[quote name='moon1970']I've been reading some reviews for Syndicate on other sites, however i don't know if i can trust them. is syndicate a good game to buy ?[/QUOTE]
If you like the idea of a game that tries to give off the same vibe as DXHR, while being a short linear shooter, with a fun enough 4p coop mode.. yes? I pre-ordered it and did not regret it excessively, but I also paid

[quote name='Luckz']
The Paradox bundles are all separate Steam keys, right? So I can easily share a bundle with a friend who has some games I don't and vice versa?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Probably likely to get lost in the shuffle, but...

Tony, any thoughts on the recent ruling in Europe that consumers have the right to resell their digital software purchases? I know that won't happen here as American law isn't as consumer-friendly as it is in Europe, but still, international sellers like Amazon, Steam, Origin and the like will have to no doubt address that if the ruling stands, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back