Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nategator']Let´s take this down a notch, please.[/QUOTE]
Personally, I thought fuck/Shaq Fu was less offensive and more humorous than most other things that might be said. :lol:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This seems to be working better quote to see google doc, leave your forum name, delete the code you took, and try to leave some feedback on the Free to Play store :).

Link

Edit, I'll add more codes to the list based on whether or not:

1. This seems to help mitigate the lockout problem
2. This turns out to be a good channel to get feedback about the new storefront/selection :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Should I quote this to see the link?

[quote name='gunstar808']Can I still get in on the google doc?[/QUOTE]

Yep still works just have to go through Chrome to access it../psyduck

[quote name='BrolyB593']I don't know why I am so antsy for SRTT.

I think seeing so much on Steam now and really wanting to play it yet I can't because I am waiting for Amazon is just building up...[/QUOTE]

Given how well-received by reviewers and gamers alike, SR:TT is a game many want to play.
Also, Tony said he'd flip SR:TT sometime this week to $12.49 or below...and now we know it's going to be the same. Steam's already had it a few times during their Summer Sale at that price ($12.49). So, yeah - we want the game on sale! Simple as that.
Plus, Tony been giving out FREE SR:TT DLC. We all that got the DLC code want to use it and really don't feel like buying the base game from Steam. You can't tie any expansion or DLC codes to a Steam game until you've already bought base game.
Also, Tony has been so good to us CAG'ers in so many ways already - i.e. killer deals matching or beating other digital services; free DLC's (thanks for free SR:TT DLC - Tony, Amazon, and THQ); free games (thanks Tony, Amazon and Paradox for EU3: Collection); etc etc.
When we got a chance to give Steam or Amazon business, some of us would rather give it to Amazon DVG. Steam gets plenty of my money, as is. Steam's gonna be around for A LONG time and got a killer percentage of the PC digital on lock already, so we here would like to see Amazon DVG stay around for a long time, as well. The more digital services around, the better - I like the competition and price wars.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I don't have confirmation on the SRTT date yet, only "next week" as soon as I have a solid date, this info will be yours.

KK trying this now:

Link

Can you see the link when you quote now? It is an "https://docs.google...."

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I'm trying..

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I don't have confirmation on the SRTT date yet, only "next week" as soon as I have a solid date, this info will be yours.

KK trying this now:

Link

Can you see the link when you quote now? It is an "https://docs.google...."

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Quoting it

[quote name='mouwen']Quoting it[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make us any less antsy!

I just wish I knew if it were going to be $12.50 or cheaper. I have quite a bit in my Steam Wallet and would prefer using that right now from all of my trade ins...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The thing is, they sent us a TON of codes so I thought I'd share the love here, on Reddit, and on Neogaf.

I'll likely just list a bunch of keys here in the thread, but I'm open to making this more fun and less likely for people to grab them in bulk and then not use them for themselves.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

Set up a bot on reddit to send a key to each user that PM's the bot?

As the game requires Steam then make a huge giveaway on Steam Gifts (only people with SRTT base game will be able to enter)?

Alternatively you could set the giveaway on Steam Gifts visible just to a certain Steam Group or via a Private Giveaway.

[quote name='mouwen']Quoting it[/QUOTE]

Ahh, could not get the link showing, tried some different browses...
Lol I gave up, this is not the thing for me

[quote name='KBoom']Hmmm...

Set up a bot on reddit to send a key to each user that PM's the bot?

As the game requires Steam then make a huge giveaway on Steam Gifts (only people with SRTT base game will be able to enter)?

Alternatively you could set the giveaway on Steam Gifts visible just to a certain Steam Group or via a Private Giveaway.[/QUOTE]

Uh... he already solved the problem using a google document. Some of you guys are just skipping over a ton of his posts.

[quote name='omgoblins']For anyone looking for a deal: I noticed last night that Amazon has all of the Crusader Kings II DLC for sale at 75% off, for anyone who has picked up Crusader Kings or any of the Paradox bundles, now is a great time to get the rest of the DLC if it interests you. Even if you got the Paradox pack with most of the DLC, there are two new DLC's that were not included: Sword of Islam and African Unit Pack that are currently discounted. Sword of Islam is $2.49 and African Unit Pack is $0.49, compared to Steam's sale of $5.99 for Sword of Islam.

This may be a price matching mistake, since this DLC was just released less than a month ago, or maybe Amazon is just too legit to quit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this...I haven't been looking at the amazon sales lately since I didn't see anything on the 1st post and nothing really new here. I'd +1 rep you if I could. :)

[quote name='h4mx0r']so unless I missed something, still no ETA on Saint's Row 3 price drop right?[/QUOTE]
"Sometime this week". That is all.

[quote name='Idiotekque']"Sometime this week". That is all.[/QUOTE]

Sometime this week and only for 24 hours. So save yourself $2.49 worth of grief of watching the thread and potentially missing the deal and just buy it from steam. Tony should consider making a list for specific games and sending out a mass PM when the games go on sale to avoid all the people asking when and then it would just be a lot of people trying to sign up for a list..

Steam is awesome because of accessibility. They notify me of the sales, are on a single website or app that update with clocks ticking down till the next sale. Truthfully I am just tired of checking a thread over and over to save $2.49 and help out Amazon. My time is more valuable than that.

[quote name='bwrobins']Sometime this week and only for 24 hours. So save yourself $2.49 worth of grief of watching the thread and potentially missing the deal and just buy it from steam. Tony should consider making a list for specific games and sending out a mass PM when the games go on sale to avoid all the people asking when and then it would just be a lot of people trying to sign up for a list..

Steam is awesome because of accessibility. They notify me of the sales, are on a single website or app that update with clocks ticking down till the next sale. Truthfully I am just tired of checking a thread over and over to save $2.49 and help out Amazon. My time is more valuable than that.[/QUOTE]

I've lots of free time at the very moment, I'll definitely be checking back at least once every 24 hours. Also I have amazon credit that I'd rather spend than cash at the moment.

[quote name='h4mx0r']I've lots of free time at the very moment, I'll definitely be checking back at least once every 24 hours. Also I have amazon credit that I'd rather spend than cash at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I have tons of Amazon trade in credit. Would love to use it. But the idea of potentially missing it or Amazon selling out of keys because it hit slickdeals before I got off work to check is not worth it to me. Communicate better to your faithful user base are my thoughts. A rep is only the first step....

I do agree that the Amazon newsletters are absolutely awful. I can't count how many times I've gotten a newsletter "suggesting" I buy a game that I already bought from Amazon. I mean, really? You should see that I already bought that game.

[quote name='bwrobins']I have tons of Amazon trade in credit. Would love to use it. But the idea of potentially missing it or Amazon selling out of keys because it hit slickdeals before I got off work to check is not worth it to me.
Communicate better to your faithful user base are my thoughts. A rep is only the first step....[/QUOTE]

This made me giggle.

You're right, Tony should spend every waking moment answering every question we have!

Give the guy a break, sheesh.

[quote name='Hop25']This made me giggle.

You're right, Tony should spend every waking moment answering every question we have!

Give the guy a break, sheesh.[/QUOTE]
I think he's talking about the mailing system and whatnot, which a lot of other digital retailers beat Amazon on very easily.

There's a difference between interaction with a rep and a "heads up" automailer.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I think he's talking about the mailing system and whatnot, which a lot of other digital retailers beat Amazon on very easily.

There's a difference between interaction with a rep and a "heads up" automailer.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, yeah after rereading his post, I think you're right.

Sorry about that bwrobins.

I agree about the e-mails. They usually just send stuff semi-related to things I just bought. It's pretty lame.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I think he's talking about the mailing system and whatnot, which a lot of other digital retailers beat Amazon on very easily.

There's a difference between interaction with a rep and a "heads up" automailer.[/QUOTE]

Yep... or a specific website for early access to deals and information. Even bestbuy is ramping up on this with their DOTD website that update religiously at midnight and their "unlocked" @Gamer coupons that basically give games away to their user base.

I am not asking for anything free, but for a company that does all of its business online, my expectations are higher than a B&M store.

if anything, due to the amount of people complaining the lesson he's gonna take away from this is that if he's gonna drop hints, be vague and stick to being vague (e.g., the way a lot were before with "___ sometime soon *wink*), or not to do it at all. seriously, it's like the steam sale brought out the worst of people; we were fine being patient before, so just relax and stay patient during it too. if you want to buy it from steam so badly then do it. if you're fine with waiting a bit, then wait a bit. it's pretty clear that people are interested in it so no need to rush the guy, he's done right by us enough to say that we can trust that he's doing what he can and pestering him about it or complaining isn't going to help anything. he didn't *have* to say anything about the upcoming sale there, let alone be specific with the amount, but he did. if he trusts us enough to do that then the least that can be given back is the ability to wait.

[quote name='Hop25']Hmm, yeah after rereading his post, I think you're right.

Sorry about that bwrobins.

I agree about the e-mails. They usually just send stuff semi-related to things I just bought. It's pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

I really am trying to be constructive here with a little bit of group input. I love the fact we have a Awesome CAG rep. I am just looking for something more consistent in terms of communication outside of this forum. I want Amazon to truly be a digital competitor and not just a profiteer off matching steam sales.

They did excellent work in January with the coupon sale (unique and not following on the coat tales of Steam). I just want more of that along with more consistent communication outside of this forum.

[quote name='DarkZero104']if anything, due to the amount of people complaining the lesson he's gonna take away from this is that if he's gonna drop hints, be vague and stick to being vague (e.g., the way a lot were before with "___ sometime soon *wink*), or not to do it at all. seriously, it's like the steam sale brought out the worst of people; we were fine being patient before, so just relax and stay patient during it too. if you want to buy it from steam so badly then do it. if you're fine with waiting a bit, then wait a bit. it's pretty clear that people are interested in it so no need to rush the guy, he's done right by us enough to say that we can trust that he's doing what he can and pestering him about it or complaining isn't going to help anything. he didn't *have* to say anything about the upcoming sale there, let alone be specific with the amount, but he did. if he trusts us enough to do that then the least that can be given back is the ability to wait.[/QUOTE]

I agree, all the complaints and requests can get overwhelming and discouraging for Tony. There should be a better solution than our anxiety and his frustration...

Notice I redirected the complaining into a positive feedback by suggesting a "Insider Email" or "Insider Website" that people could sign up for that would give them exclusive early access to the deals maybe 6-12 hours prior to the sale.

That would turn people's complaining about a deal into asking how to get added to the website / email list.

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the quality of our email campaigns, very much appreciated.

To go back to the root of this conversation. I was commenting on the fact that we wouldn't be PMing Steam's sale on SRTT and attempting to give you guys insight into why. The reason I haven't provided you with a solid date yet is because I don't have one to provide.

Here were my options for communication in this situation:

1. Ignore your quesitons regarding whether or not we were going to PM the SRTT deal on Steam.

2. Simply tell you "no we won't be PMing that deal" with no further context

3. Do what I did, tell you "no we aren't going to PM this deal, and because I respect you as customers who are part of a community I interact with here is why."

Based on the feedback here, what I'm hearing is that you guys would prefer that I not give you this insight, and that you'd prefer I be vague and choose one of the first two communication options above.

Sorry for the delayed response here, I've been trying to figure out how I could have better communicated this and am coming up blank.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Guys,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the quality of our email campaigns, very much appreciated.

To go back to the root of this conversation. I was commenting on the fact that we wouldn't be PMing Steam's sale on SRTT and attempting to give you guys insight into why. The reason I haven't provided you with a solid date yet is because I don't have one to provide.

Here were my two options for communication in this situation:

1. Ignore your quesitons regarding whether or not we were going to PM the SRTT deal on Steam.

3. Do what I did, tell you "no we aren't going to PM this deal, and because I respect you as customers who are part of a community I interact with here is why."

Based on the feedback here, what I'm hearing is that you guys would prefer that I not give you this insight, and that you'd prefer I be vague and choose one of the first two communication options above.

Sorry for the delayed response here, I've been trying to figure out how I could have better communicated this and am coming up blank.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
No worries Tony; you're the man and you know we all are fostering a strong, collective bromance with you. We're just impatient bastards who want to give you our money already. ;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']No worries Tony; you're the man and you know we all are fostering a strong, collective bromance with you. We're just impatient bastards who want to give you our money already. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol Bromance all around.

[quote name='sunghost']TONY! I'm throwing my money at you! Why won't you take it??!?![/QUOTE]

I will!

Seriously though guys, the second I have a confirmed date and sale price I will be posting it here.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

Why must you look at less communication being the best. Why not setup a simple mailing list or send mass PM about the deal. Both are relatively easy to do and since you are finding innovative ways of using technology like google docs, we are just asking for a next step. I would encourage you to sleep on your prior comment and maybe consider crowd sourcing an answer from your group of faithful followers here on CAG. For all you know this next step might be what Amazon DVG needs to move to the next tier.

And as always, thanks for all your work!

Originally Posted by Amazon DVG Deals
Hey guys,

So our Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames
Is about to hit 100K people.

As a milestone celebration we've got some publishing partners that are going to participate in giveaways.

The first one is THQ with a "Special Ops Vehicle Pack" FOR Saint's Row The Third.

The thing is, they sent us a TON of codes so I thought I'd share the love here, on Reddit, and on Neogaf.

I'll likely just list a bunch of keys here in the thread, but I'm open to making this more fun and less likely for people to grab them in bulk and then not use them for themselves.

Cheers,
Tony
Thanks tony

[quote name='bwrobins']Tony,

Why must you look at less communication being the best. Why not setup a simple mailing list or send mass PM about the deal. Both are relatively easy to do and since you are finding innovative ways of using technology like google docs, we are just asking for a next step. I would encourage you to sleep on your prior comment and maybe consider crowd sourcing an answer from your group of faithful followers here on CAG. For all you know this next step might be what Amazon DVG needs to move to the next tier.[/QUOTE]

I think he wants to say less since he doesn't have all the answers as we assume he does. He still doesn't know when he'll be able to discount SR3 any more than we do.

If he never mentioned it we wouldn't be pounding him with questions. He was just trying to say why he wasn't going to PM Saints Row, but it opened up a whole other can of worms.

Personally I think he communicates better than any other digital store out there. Steam doesn't come in forums and discuss upcoming sales or gives us anywhere near this much info. Amazon does have poor newsletters, but you can just check the site. Steam doesn't advertise at all.

I forgone appreciate the communication he gives and hope it doesn't stop. The rest of you can shove it.

Maybe a newsletter would help but it's never going to have info like Tony provides here because most f the stuff he shares isn't always finalized. I think that is completely fair.

Maybe he should just call each of your cells and tell you about price changes. What do you expect? Check the thread if you are curious about updates, if you can't do that I'm sorry it can't be offered to you on a silver platter.

[quote name='60fps']I think he wants to say less since he doesn't have all the answers as we assume he does. He still doesn't know when he'll be able to discount SR3 any more than we do.

If he never mentioned it we wouldn't be pounding him with questions. He was just trying to say why he wasn't going to PM Saints Row, but it opened up a whole other can of worms.

Personally I think he communicates better than any other digital store out there. Steam doesn't come in forums and discuss upcoming sales or gives us anywhere near this much info. Amazon does have poor newsletters, but you can just check the site. Steam doesn't advertise at all.[/QUOTE]
Steam's site is wonderfully set up to show you what the deals are, though.

Amazon's DVG section looks like the rest of their site for the most part. Not optimized for the type of sales these are.

Evolution is a good thing though; that's what user input is for.

[quote name='pROvIs']I forgone appreciate the communication he gives and hope it doesn't stop. The rest of you can shove it.

Maybe a newsletter would help but it's never going to have info like Tony provides here because most f the stuff he shares isn't always finalized. I think that is completely fair.

Maybe he should just call each of your cells and tell you about price changes. What do you expect? Check the thread if you are curious about updates, if you can't do that I'm sorry it can't be offered to you on a silver platter.[/QUOTE]
Y'know, you're taking civil feedback and suggestions as attacks against Tony or something when they're not. I see what you're getting at, but there's really no need to "defend" Tony. He says again and again how he appreciates feedback, good or bad, and takes it back to the team to discuss. You do realize that that's part of his job, right?

It seems every time someone says something remotely "negative" here, they get jumped on like the anti-Christ of the Amazon PCDD thread.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

So our Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames
Is about to hit 100K people.

As a milestone celebration we've got some publishing partners that are going to participate in giveaways.

The first one is THQ with a "Special Ops Vehicle Pack" FOR Saint's Row The Third.

The thing is, they sent us a TON of codes so I thought I'd share the love here, on Reddit, and on Neogaf.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'll check out the Rise of Immortals , looks good

[quote name='bwrobins']Tony,

Why must you look at less communication being the best. Why not setup a simple mailing list or send mass PM about the deal. Both are relatively easy to do and since you are finding innovative ways of using technology like google docs, we are just asking for a next step. I would encourage you to sleep on your prior comment and maybe consider crowd sourcing an answer from your group of faithful followers here on CAG. For all you know this next step might be what Amazon DVG needs to move to the next tier.

And as always, thanks for all your work![/QUOTE]

Hey man,

Thanks for the feedback, again though, what you're suggesting in no way addresses the root cause of this conversation.

Root Cause: When there is a Steam deal in the wild the first question on CAG is "Tony are you going to match this". My response, in this case:

1. Could have been to ignore those questions
2. Answer with "no" and no other explanation
3. Answer with "no" and the explanation that we'll be running a deal on the game in the near future (next week) but that I do not yet have the confirmation as to what day, specifically.

Maybe I'm missing something here, so I will return the question.

How does a subscriber based email list (which I think is a great idea) address this situation?

Independent of this email list, people will still be curious as to whether or not we'll be PMing deals, and I still need to provide an answer to those questions.

So to answer your original question "why do I think less communication in this case, is better?" the answer is because it seems that providing limited insight (which is all I currently have available) is less helpful than providing no insight.

Again, please let me know where I've missed something here, I think your idea regarding an "insiders list" is a good one, but I fail to see how it in any way relates to this conversation.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='60fps']I think he wants to say less since he doesn't have all the answers as we assume he does. He still doesn't know when he'll be able to discount SR3 any more than we do.

Personally I think he communicates better than any other digital store out there. Steam doesn't come in forums and discuss upcoming sales or gives us anywhere near this much info. Amazon does have poor newsletters, but you can just check the site. Steam doesn't advertise at all.[/QUOTE]

True, steam does not have a CAG rep, but they do have 2 yearly sales that improve greatly every year. Our current communication is on par with Steam sales that were glitchy, no timers, and inconsistent of 3 years ago. I am encouraging Amazon to invest a little money into a website that at least does the minimum.

Examples of easy steps:
Announce forthcoming sales (Date and Games prior to sale)
Consistently update the website on a exact time (Deal of the Day like Bestbuy or Deal of the Week like Xbox/PSN)
Include a countdown timer till the deals expire so there is no ambiguity with timezones
etc....

I am sure that among all the intelligent people on this forum we could constructively come up with a better system with minimal cost. Unfortunately, when voiced, it is taken as negative or ungrateful and misconstrued to be us asking for less information or less clear information.

As always, thanks for your continued support Tony!

[quote name='bwrobins']
Examples of easy steps:
Consistently update the website on a exact time (Deal of the Day like Bestbuy or Deal of the Week like Xbox/PSN)
Include a countdown timer till the deals expire so there is no ambiguity with timezones
etc....
[/QUOTE]

1. Doesn't he already do that?
2. Don't they already do that (besides some mistakes)?
3. That's a good idea.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Your doing great, I think its just the very vocal minority at work here. I too am impatient and wish we had a date and price 100% confirmed but I understand thats probably how these business deals work.

I too am "gambling" on amazon having the game for 10 ( i say gamble because if amazon only matches im stuck paying tax...which isnt much I know but still a loss) and i know it doesnt seem like much but finding the best deals even if by a hair is sometimes half the fun...I think thats why a lot of us visit cheap ass gamer and probably several other sites, spending embarrassing amounts of time just to save a dollar; I dont know why I do it but I do.

So anyway, though vague as it may be, a lot of us appreciate the hint because its good enough, and I look forward to saving my 2 bucks. Just have to ignore the whiny ones who need to complain and seem to outnumber the quiet ones who patiently wait in mostly silence.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey man,

Thanks for the feedback, again though, what you're suggesting in no way addresses the root cause of this conversation.

Root Cause: When there is a Steam deal in the wild the first question on CAG is "Tony are you going to match this". My response, in this case:

1. Could have been to ignore those questions
2. Answer with "no" and no other explanation
3. Answer with "no" and the explanation that we'll be running a deal on the game in the near future (next week) but that I do not yet have the confirmation as to what day, specifically.

Maybe I'm missing something here, so I will return the question.

How does a subscriber based email list (which I think is a great idea) address this situation?

Independent of this email list, people will still be curious as to whether or not we'll be PMing deals, and I still need to provide an answer to those questions.

So to answer your original question "why do I think less communication in this case, is better?" the answer is because it seems that providing limited insight (which is all I currently have available) is less helpful than providing no insight.

Again, please let me know where I've missed something here, I think your idea regarding an "insiders list" is a good one, but I fail to see how it in any way relates to this conversation.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I understand your thoughts. The subscriber based email would simply be a means to differ the communication from the thread to a different medium. Therefore all Price matches would be announced via email / PM / text (whatever medium)

My suggestion to Amazon in general is to not follow a Price match based sales environment and to either preemptively have a sale (could have beat Steam to it by having it across the July 4th Holiday) or to just have a policy like (submit your Price Match on a given website and if we have not pricematched within 4 hours we are not going to pricematch). Honestly, saying Saints Row "might" be on sale later this week for $9.99 is not a pricematch it is a separate sale in itself...

As always, much love and appreciation to our faithful CAG rep Tony!

[quote name='bwrobins']True, steam does not have a CAG rep, but they do have 2 yearly sales that improve greatly every year. Our current communication is on par with Steam sales that were glitchy, no timers, and inconsistent of 3 years ago. I am encouraging Amazon to invest a little money into a website that at least does the minimum.

Examples of easy steps:
etc....

I am sure that among all the intelligent people on this forum we could constructively come up with a better system with minimal cost. Unfortunately, when voiced, it is taken as negative or ungrateful and misconstrued to be us asking for less information or less clear information.

As always, thanks for your continued support Tony![/QUOTE]

Hey there,

I think my disconnect here occurred when we shifted this conversation from "when is the SRTT deal occurring?" to "this is what I think Amazon Digital Video Games could do better."

These are two radically different conversations, and I think both are valuable.

To address your steps outlined above.

Examples of easy steps:
Announce forthcoming sales (Date and Games prior to sale):

I think we do this better than anyone else in the market, particularly Steam.

This happens on the website, every Sunday at midnight the Deal of the Week slot changes. The only incongruity occurs offsite, in forums like this, which is not what you are commenting on.

etc....

I agree with this 100%.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pROvIs']1. Doesn't he already do that?
2. Don't they already do that (besides some mistakes)?
3. That's a good idea.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the constructive feedback on my comments. Constructive feedback is the beginning of helping Amazon DVG stepping up. We have bright, intelligent people at CAG who not only like to save money on their gaming habit but also help their vendors to better compete!

I am down for the night. Sorry if I stirred too many "quiet" people up with my progressive thinking...

Many thanks to our faithful CAG rep Tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back