Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Tony. I just thought about how all the free to play games allow their game currency to be purchased through Amazon. So I thought about GFWL and how you need MSP to purchase all DLC for those games.

Well, what's the odds of Microsoft allowing Amazon Digital to sell GFWL DLC? I've had a problem with Microsoft in the past where they lost my MSP and promised a refund that they've taken over six months to return. It's why I have to buy my GFWL games through Steam since they sell GFWL DLC themselves with just a credit card.

I'd much rather do this through Amazon if possible since I'll have one less layer of DRM and possible price matching for better deals. So if you could look into this I would be very appreciative.

You don't need MSP for their stuff, last I checked. I was browsing for the price on Minverva's Den on PC and it was listed as 5 bucks, not in points.

Yeah, but it's the way their customer service never refunded my MSP is why I don't buy directly from them. They've owed me a refund since Oct. 20th. The only choice of payment there is in MSP or credit card. I'm not trusting them with my credit card if they can't process a simple refund they promised would just be two weeks every time I called them.

I'll buy GFWL stuff from anywhere but MS.

[quote name='MysterD']Sure, I'll give some of my reasons why.

1. Amazon DVG sometimes has options for choosing b/t Steam and Non-Steam versions of games.
Amazon DVG has been GREAT at providing BOTH options to gamers here, on numerous occasions.
In cases when there's multiple DRM's on a Steam version, I just want to go Non-Steam to have less DRM layers.
Example -> Max Payne 3 always requires RSC and SolidShield DRM on EVERY version. If I buy a Max Payne 3 Steam version (from Amazon or Steam), I now have to deal w/ 3 DRM's - Steam DRM, Rockstar Social Club (RSC) + SolidShield DRM. I am trying to keep DRM layers DOWN - and since Amazon sells a version w/out Steam DRM, I really want that version (with 2 DRM layers).
If Amazon PM's or tops the Steam sale price (or any other competitor), they'll get my purchase...for the version w/ less DRM.

2. Steam version has Steam DRM, Amazon DVG version has NO DRM.
Most Steam versions of games, they flat-out use Steam DRM and you are forced to boot Steam up when you boot the game up. Very few cases where that is NOT true - i.e. Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga.
Sometimes, Amazon DVG has NO DRM version - i.e. see Risen 1 or Avadon: The Dark Fortress.
This is again the situation of me wanting to keep them DRM layers down - "NO DRM" beats Steam DRM for me; as simple as that.
In that case, when Amazon PM's or tops the Steam price (or any other competitor), they get my money.

3. Steam gets plenty of business already from me.
Many times, Amazon DVG doesn't carry a game Steam has - i.e. Skyrim, Brink, RAGE (Windows version), or EYE: Divine Cybermancy. In that case, I kind of have to go w/ Steam...or some other digital distributor.
But, if Amazon DVG has the same game Steam has...and Amazon DVG will price-match Steam or even better yet top them, I'd like to give Amazon my business. Amazon DVG is nowhere as big as Steam in the digital distribution realm - though, I'd like to keep them in business and keep them thinking it's worth their time to compete w/ Steam. I like the price-wars & having multiple different distributors to buy from. I like having my options open here.

4. Amazon DVG's Recent giveaways
See what Amazon DVG, Tony, and companies cooked up for giving away FREE SR:TT DLC from THQ and FREE games from Paradox (EU3 and M&B: Warband). Of course, you want to support companies that are willing to go out their way to give you free stuff. :)

I'm sure there's other reasons I can't think of, but....yeah, there's a few springing to mind right now.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the explanation. Restores my faith a bit.

Also kind of makes me facepalm a bit... I bought the games you listed on, on Amazon DVG, and I added extra DRM by getting the Steam version... Max Payne 3 is fantastic and was a great deal at the time.

Like Amazon to sell digital games, I live in the area steam a lot of games I did not buy.At this time Amazon is a very good choice.

[quote name='zjkzjy']Like Amazon to sell digital games, I live in the area steam a lot of games I did not buy.At this time Amazon is a very good choice.[/QUOTE]

I'll go easy on you since you literally just joined this week, but it is completely unnecessary to quote that pages long original post for what you replied, kindly click the "edit" button beside your post and delete everything in it except:

"Like Amazon to sell digital games, I live in the area steam a lot of games I did not buy.At this time Amazon is a very good choice."

Thank You.

[quote name='Motoki']What clutter? All I see is: Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla...Oh wait. :cool:[/QUOTE]
On the main page, actually. Talk about deals is no biggie, but all that free to pay nonsense could go in it's own post.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I agree about the Arma II situation being uncool. Unfortunately my hands are tied. I've had and continue to have discussions around this.

As for the Paradox deals I've got them set to run through 7/31.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Great. by 31 my paycheck should be on my bank account.

Thanks again Tony

Hi, Just wondering if Tony ever mentioned the possibility of having Dark Souls PC version preorder on Amazon? It's the first game in ages that I am interested in preordering, and Amazon/Tony seems to always have great deals / bonus for preorders.

[quote name='twztid13']On the main page, actually. Talk about deals is no biggie, but all that free to pay nonsense could go in it's own post.[/QUOTE]

Oh that. Yeah, I see. I have my own opinions on F2P but reserve them here out of respect for Tony. :p

[quote name='bfett9']Was the Arma 2 deal only for yesterday?[/QUOTE]

They ran out of keys.... twice. When they restock it will be full price.

Major kudos to Tony right now. Steam at the moment is a perfect example of how great Amazon has been doing lately for sales.

The Double Fine Bundle is $7.50 at Steam and although Amazon had it a little more at $10, it was over a month ago now.

Also Sniper Elite V2 is $24.99 on Steam, on sale, DURING THE SUMMER SALE.

Keep up the good work Tony... you can start with this Saints Row deal! : P

I too am impressed with how well Amazon has been in front of deals.

However, I will point out one major opportunity and give an example. Bundles are great, but sometimes I think there are far too many of them. And where there are bundles, there should be something for the buyer interested in single titles. I've had to pass on many of the recent bundles because I've owned enough of the games within them to negate the savings.

My example is the Steam Double Fine Bundle. Great price on the bundle and great price on the individual components. I own all of them except for Stacking but it's just $3.74 by itself. Sold. I wanted to buy it when Amazon had their bundle.

[quote name='The Nephilim']I'm still annoyed i can't use digital giftcards for digital downloads or my discover points for digital purchases![/QUOTE]

Non-Amazon gift cards? Because Amazon credit works for downloads

[quote name='shaggyc']They ran out of keys.... twice. When they restock it will be full price.[/QUOTE]

Deal of the week lasted for a day. LOL

[quote name='pottering']Binary Domains at -66% (13.59).
Amazon wins again.[/QUOTE]

Yup, amazon has spoiled me as far as deals, I have been purchasing far less compared to previous Steam Sales. Steam still has far more breadth, but amazon has them beat at the price point more often than not.

So yeah, go-go competition :applause:

And the winner in all this is lil ol me gettin games for cheap :cool:

[quote name='The Nephilim']I'm still annoyed i can't use digital giftcards for digital downloads or my discover points for digital purchases![/QUOTE]

You can sort of getting around it by using Discover credit to get the physical giftcards, but only in $10 minimum increments.

The way Amazon had Binary Domain, Spec Ops and Sniper Elite for significantly cheaper than Steam today is impressive.

Steam still has far more breadth, but amazon has them beat at the price point more often than not.

Yep, at this point when Amazon has something I will buy it from Amazon before Steam.

Man, the fact that I can get the game and DLC for less than steams asking price is amazing
Any chance you can stick it to steam and run that 10 sale soon, Tony? Already have mine, but right now you look like a million bucks in that you not only beat them to the punch, but you beat them. Might as well look strong when eyes are on you.

[quote name='rgd2blck']The way Amazon had Binary Domain, Spec Ops and Sniper Elite for significantly cheaper than Steam today is impressive.

Yep, at this point when Amazon has something I will buy it from Amazon before Steam.[/QUOTE]

Ye I haven't purchased a game from steam ever, always find amazon cheaper

[quote name='Daf']Ye I haven't purchased a game from steam ever, always find amazon cheaper[/QUOTE]

I'll normally agree with that, but the steam sales going on now are pretty decent.

In for a second Quantum Conundrum though.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Still kicking myself for not getting Spec Ops from Amazon. :(

Seriously, how the hell is 33% a Daily Deal?![/QUOTE]

I think at this point you can never assume that steam will meet or beat Amazon's price during sales. Instead, it's more an issue of availability, activation parameters, and the huge customer service differential between amazon (instantaneous) and steam (24h to never support tickets) customer service.

Personally, amazon has become my preferred vendor.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI just got confirmation on Saint's Row the Third. The sale starts on 7/19 and lasts for 24 hours.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yay, thanks Tony! Hope you guys have enough keys for it and it doesn't end early.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI just got confirmation on Saint's Row the Third. The sale starts on 7/19 and lasts for 24 hours.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

my f5 key thanks you

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Price?

[quote name='nategator']I think at this point you can never assume that steam will meet or beat Amazon's price during sales. Instead, it's more an issue of availability, activation parameters, and the huge customer service differential between amazon (instantaneous) and steam (24h to never support tickets) customer service.

Personally, amazon has become my preferred vendor.[/QUOTE]

Lesson learned, hopefully it'll pop back up on sale soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be buying Saint's Row on the 19th. Thanks Tony!

[quote name='hhhdx4']Lesson learned, hopefully it'll pop back up on sale soon.[/QUOTE]

One I think we have all learned. The only stuff I am buying from steam is stuff amazon cannot offer. I remember when it started the other way around (ea etc)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

ooooh! One day only!

Must be good. Price set yet?

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Yay, thanks Tony! Hope you guys have enough keys for it and it doesn't end early.[/QUOTE]

Just did a check, we have LOTS of keys.

I'll give out the rest of the DLC I have via the google doc as well. I'll release keys in batches based on how many units we're selling that day.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
That is good news, however...
Please tell me if the Amazon Downloader is fixed, so it lets you pick the directory you want to save the file, instead of downloading directly to the C drive. If you recall, it only offers the choice of download location if it determines you don't have enough space on the C drive.

There has been 0 response from anyone @ Amazon about this issue. :cry:

[quote name='CheapoEl']That is good news, however...
Please tell me if the Amazon Downloader is fixed, so it lets you pick the directory you want to save the file, instead of downloading directly to the C drive. If you recall, it only offers the choice of download location if it determines you don't have enough space on the C drive.

There has been 0 response from anyone @ Amazon about this issue. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well for most THQ games [I'm pretty sure this also applies to SR3], you can activate the game on STEAM using the product KEY Amazon gives you when you purchase the game.

Skip the Amazon downloader.

[quote name='CheapoEl']That is good news, however...

There has been 0 response from anyone @ Amazon about this issue. :cry:[/QUOTE]

But to directly answer your question, yes it does.

If you use the Amazon Downloader, Steam will force you to update anyway since Amazon very rarely if ever has the most updated version. Might as well just download through Steam and not use any of Amazon's bandwidth. :p

[quote name='ValerianK']Is there any chance of that THQ deal coming back soon? I'm kicking myself right now for having missed it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, likely in August.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back