Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapoEl']That is good news, however...
Please tell me if the Amazon Downloader is fixed, so it lets you pick the directory you want to save the file, instead of downloading directly to the C drive. If you recall, it only offers the choice of download location if it determines you don't have enough space on the C drive.

There has been 0 response from anyone @ Amazon about this issue. :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='walkonshadows']But to directly answer your question, yes it does.[/QUOTE]

I just tried to download two games, and it did the same crap, it tried to save the games directly to the C drive without asking where I want it downloaded to. :wall:

is the version info of the downloader.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapoEl']I just tried to download two games, and it did the same crap, it tried to save the games directly to the C drive without asking where I want it downloaded to. :wall:[/QUOTE]

I so wish it was like the old days - where I could tell it where I wanted it to Download.

I don't want to load my C drive w/ installer files.
I keep my Steam games on C drive.

B/c of Amazon Downloader forcing to C drive, I have to throw any installers for Non-Steam games to the other drive where I normally put & force all my back-ups and installers!
Also, I got my 2 other hard drives for - for installer files & back-up stuff to go THERE!!!

[quote name='MysterD']I so wish it was like the old days - where I could tell it where I wanted it to Download.

I don't want to load my C drive w/ installer files.
I keep my Steam games on C drive.

B/c of Amazon Downloader forcing to C drive, I have to throw any installers for Non-Steam games to the other drive where I normally put & force all my back-ups and installers!
Also, I got my 2 other hard drives for - for installer files & back-up stuff to go THERE!!![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know, and it would be such a simple fix for this, since the program already can do it **if** there isn't enough free space on the C drive, however, it don't take into account uncompressing when it figures things out and it really, REALLY needs to be FIXED ASAP!

Come on Amazon, FIX IT!

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the F2P stuff in the OP? I have no problem with it being there, since I know lots of people love those games, but why is it all in front of the actual sale prices? Might work a little better in separate post like the preorder offers have?

I'm just bitching, so don't mind me. Just a suggestion.

So the price flips at midnight, but in what timezone? I ask because I'm going camping tomorrow (very early) and tonight is the last chance I'll be able to get on the PC for awhile. I have my mobile, but I've never made an Amazon purchase on it, so eh.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Am I the only one who doesn't really like the F2P stuff in the OP? I have no problem with it, since I know lots of people love those games, but why is it all in front of the actual sale prices? Might work a little better in separate post like the preorder offers have?

I'm just bitching, so don't mind me. Just a suggestion.

So the price flips at midnight, but in what timezone? I ask because I'm going camping tomorrow (very early) and tonight is the last chance I'll be able to get on the PC for awhile. I have my mobile, but I've never made an Amazon purchase on it, so eh.[/QUOTE]

Usually PST. I'm on EST and usually see the price flips around 3am.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Tony, think you'll be doing anything with The Secret World any time soon?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, that games goes F2P soon.
I was NOT thrilled w/ the TSW Beta...

Tony, is there a chance that you could put Payday on 75% off? Possibly even $3.74 via a 4-pack? I ask because it's one of the community choices on Steam, but with the way the community has been voting, it'll likely be Fable 3 that's next :whistle2:/

Also, I don't drop in here that much, but thanks for all the great deals you've offered and will offer. I got Crusader Kings II from you for $18 a while back and still haven't touched it, but I don't regret it one bit with the great service you offer. Thanks!

[quote name='MysterD']Hopefully, that games goes F2P soon.
I was NOT thrilled w/ the TSW Beta...[/QUOTE]

It's good to hear an opinion on it. Is it a monthly fee thing? Honestly the premise seemed pretty cool, but what's wrong with the gameplay?

@Tony & anybody who owns these games from Amazon DVG...

What's the DRM on Amazon DVG's version of...
Rome: Total War - Gold Edition
and Rome: Total War - Alexander expansion?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's good to hear an opinion on it. Is it a monthly fee thing?[/quote]
$15 per month.

Honestly the premise seemed pretty cool, but what's wrong with the gameplay?
Ever play MMO's or ARPG's?
Gameplay feels like typical MMO and ARPG fanfare.

What I mean, is the quest variety was LACKING in TSW Beta (and that was like a week before game's official release).
Most quests were - Kill X enemies; Find X items; find X locations; find X people; etc etc.

On another note - story, atmosphere, writing, dialogue, and voice-acting were are pretty good.

Wait, I know we're all hyped about SR3 tonight, but is that the only game being discounted tonight or this week? I've almost forgotten about other games.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']Tony, is there a chance that you could put Payday on 75% off? Possibly even $3.74 via a 4-pack? I ask because it's one of the community choices on Steam, but with the way the community has been voting, it'll likely be Fable 3 that's next :whistle2:/

Also, I don't drop in here that much, but thanks for all the great deals you've offered and will offer. I got Crusader Kings II from you for $18 a while back and still haven't touched it, but I don't regret it one bit with the great service you offer. Thanks![/QUOTE]

We had Payday for 75% off or $14.99 for a 4 pack for 14 days...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mikerrrr']Tony, is there a chance that you could put Payday on 75% off? Possibly even $3.74 via a 4-pack? I ask because it's one of the community choices on Steam, but with the way the community has been voting, it'll likely be Fable 3 that's next :whistle2:/

Also, I don't drop in here that much, but thanks for all the great deals you've offered and will offer. I got Crusader Kings II from you for $18 a while back and still haven't touched it, but I don't regret it one bit with the great service you offer. Thanks![/QUOTE]
If you missed the Payday sales, post that you want to buy one out of a 4 pack on the Steam trades thread. People probably still have extras.

well, in terms of "other games" one of the steam sales right now is an interesting situation. STALKER was mentioned yesterday a couple pages back as something he's working on. right now it's on a steam sale for 75% off, all 3 games for $11.20.

if we're lucky, he continues to be magic. but no word on him and doubtfully we'll get any at the moment - it's being worked on and deals like that are easier without being put under pressure and the spotlight. both for hammering the deal out and to avoid what happened with SR3.

not too interested in that series, but i'm down with taking a look.

[quote name='MysterD']$15 per month.

Ever play MMO's or ARPG's?
Gameplay feels like typical MMO and ARPG fanfare.

What I mean, is the quest variety was LACKING in TSW Beta (and that was like a week before game's official release).
Most quests were - Kill X enemies; Find X items; find X locations; find X people; etc etc.

On another note - story, atmosphere, writing, dialogue, and voice-acting were are pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I got pretty bored with WOW doing that sort of stuff so I may just pass on it. Not that I was super interested in it, but the few ads, screenshots made it look interesting. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We had Payday for 75% off or $14.99 for a 4 pack for 14 days...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry. I just got back from Hong Kong and I didn't check CAG or any other gaming deal sites for a while. Thanks for the reply, though.

@Idiotekque -- thanks, I'll have a look later.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Ah, I got pretty bored with WOW doing that sort of stuff so I may just pass on it. Not that I was super interested in it, but the few ads, screenshots made it look interesting. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]
More quest variety in TSW would go a long way, from what I played in the Beta.
I have heard and read in reviews that the Investigative-style missions (which act like puzzles in adventure games or have those kind of elements) are really good, when you run into those.
I hit a stealth style missions in the Beta, in which you had to sneak by cameras and walk around security beams w/ right timing. That was cool.
But, really - the game needs more quest variety than what it has, from what I played in the Beta.
Plus, having the opening area filled w/ the zombie apocalypse after I just recently played Dead Island: Ryder White DLC probably didn't help matters, either.

They add more quest variety, they might be onto something...

[quote name='BrolyB593']When Tony said midnight for the SRTT deal, what timezone is he referring to?[/QUOTE]

Pacific Standard Time

So cali time. seattle time. vancouva time. portlandia time.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Pacific Standard Time

So cali time. seattle time. vancouva time. portlandia time.[/QUOTE]

I'll be sleeping.
He should start up SR:TT deal here at 12AM in my time zone...which is like 1 hr 15 mins from now. ;)

[quote name='voken']Does anyone know if Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate on Amazon uses EA's Origin or that I need Origin DRM to play the game?[/QUOTE]

I don't have DAO - Ultimate from Amazon DVG. I got it from Steam.
Maybe someone else can help you if they DL'ed it off Amazon DVG and if the DL did or did NOT force a Origin program install + DAO download and install through Origin on them?

WARNING - DAO Ultimate is around 29 GB in size.

To run DAO game, I don't have to have Origin running in background.

Though, I did optionally activate the DAO Ultimate key (that I bought from Steam) on EA Origin. Yes, it works.

About DAO, you're going to need a BioWare Social Account or EA Account to activate ALL of the DLC.
You're going to want to install NEWEST patch for DAO (1.05) to correct DLC activation issues and the newest patch for Witch Hunt DLC (1.1), as well.

EA Origin is required on Syndicate (2012 FPS), BF3, ME3, and Non-Steam versions of KOA: Reckoning.

[quote name='MysterD']I don't have DAO - Ultimate from Amazon DVG. I got it from Steam.
Maybe someone else can help you if they DL'ed it off Amazon DVG and if the DL did or did NOT force a Origin program install + DAO download and install through Origin on them?

WARNING - DAO Ultimate is around 29 GB in size.

To run DAO, I don't have to have Origin running in background.

Though, I did optionally activate the DAO Ultimate key (that I bought from Steam) on EA Origin. Yes, it works.

About DAO, you're going to need a BioWare Social Account or EA Account to activate ALL of the DLC.
You're going to want to install NEWEST patch for DAO (1.05) to correct DLC activation issues and the newest patch for Witch Hunt DLC (1.1), as well.

EA Origin is required on Syndicate (2012 FPS), BF3, ME3, and Non-Steam versions of KOA: Reckoning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkZero104']i got a physical copy of it. strangely, i have yet to figure out how to get it IN Origin. with that said though, i did need an account for the DLC, yeah.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks guys. Guess there is no reason to get the Steam version on sale now if I own the Amazon version if there is no difference

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Pacific Standard Time

So cali time. seattle time. vancouva time. portlandia time.[/QUOTE]

According to the internet (because for some reason time zones vex me) That would mean it would have been 30 minutes ago...

I am confused. I am in Chicago...

[quote name='BrolyB593']According to the internet (because for some reason time zones vex me) That would mean it would have been 30 minutes ago...

I am confused. I am in Chicago...[/QUOTE]

If you are in Chicago you are Central. Pacific time is 2 hours behind you. So it is 8:41 over there right now.

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that we just put Guild Wars 2 up for digital pre order for anyone who hasn't yet picked it up:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MAZ0PU
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MAYXI0

You'll get a pre-order key which gives you access to the beta this weekend, as well as a $5 credit to use towards other video games on Amazon.com...so you could get Saint's Row The Third for $5 at midnight when we start selling it for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Just letting you know that we just put Guild Wars 2 up for digital pre order for anyone who hasn't yet picked it up:

You'll get a pre-order key which gives you access to the beta this weekend, as well as a $5 credit to use towards other video games on Amazon.com...so you could get Saint's Row The Third for $5 at midnight when we start selling it for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I've been in the GW2 Beta for a bit already (won a GW2 Beta key in a contest), so... :p
Maybe I'll see some of y'all this weekend in the GW2 Beta!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Cool..already got SR3 on Amazon one month ago, hoping Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai will be on sale again :D miss it last time:(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there,

Sorry if I communicated this poorly. This was one of those we were doing "40% off through X date then 10% off" like we did with Max Payne 3. This is why I pulled it out of the title as well.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I had read Quantum Conundrum for $8.49 until the 21st as well and had the game bookmarked. I was going to see if Steam beat the deal; if not, I was going to pick it up for that price on the 21st from Amazon.

[quote name='voken']Alright, thanks guys. Guess there is no reason to get the Steam version on sale now if I own the Amazon version if there is no difference[/QUOTE]

One advantage of having DA:O in Origin is that Origin has a cloud save thingy that (I think) only seems to work if you installed it through Origin. (I don't have it on Steam so I don't know if it has a cloud save through Steam).

I bought DA:O:UE a year or two ago through Impulse, and had to deal with some activation nonsense back then. I added my key to Origin and it seems to not worry about that sort of thing anymore.

(Note: If you're like me and uninstalled your non-Origin version and installed the Origin version, the DLC gets all busted when you do this unless you nuke your other DA:O data in places like My Documents and %appdata% - just a word of warning, I don't know what'll happen if you install the Steam version and later try to re-install it through Origin).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any chance on a bit of a discount? please :bouncy: please :bouncy: please :bouncy: please:bouncy:

[quote name='Seraphym']Any chance on a bit of a discount? please :bouncy: please :bouncy: please :bouncy: please:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Pick up Beyond Divinity free from GreenManGaming today and receive a 20% off anything voucher that expires at the end of July, but includes Guild Wars 2.

Wow, just pre-ordered NBA 2k13 for $27. And its apparently Steamworks, no less.

Thanks for the heads-up on that offer, Tony. Have any other huge releases coming out this holiday that you care to sell to me at that price? :cool:

It usually takes a while up to an hour. I'm going to just play a flash game or do some push-ups and by the time I'm done I'm sure it'll be up.

It's $9.99 now I just purchased. Only 9 GB too. I thought it would be larger for some reason.

Great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back