Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, if anyone that has been around here for a while, both CAG and the thread would like to volunteer to distribute the link I'm happy to PM it to them. I don't want to call someone out though and then have their inbox flooded.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'll help time permitting.

I wouldn't mind hosting a steamgifts giveaway for the CAG Steam group with some keys. That would be one way to go about it. I would volunteer to PM codes, but I wouldnt be able to do it throughout the day so as long as people are fine waiting or with the occasional full PM box I could do that too.

[quote name='Hop25']What about the leak to Steamgifts.com? Seems more likely some child on that circlejerk of a forum to do something so immature..

Could someone PM me the new link?[/QUOTE]

Before I wiped the original doc there were about 15 lines with various vulgarity that all included the words "reddit was here" in some form...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wouldn't mind hosting a steamgifts giveaway for the CAG Steam group with some keys. That would be one way to go about it. I would volunteer to PM codes, but I wouldnt be able to do it throughout the day so as long as people are fine waiting or with the occasional full PM box I could do that too.[/QUOTE]

I'll send you some keys via email to start up a giveaway on Steamgifts if people are interested. Do you still have the link to the original google doc for those who PM you?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Before I wiped the original doc there were about 15 lines with various vulgarity that all included the words "reddit was here" in some form...

I'll send you some keys via email to start up a giveaway on Steamgifts if people are interested. Do you still have the link to the original google doc for those who PM you?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No, I never had the google doc since I got a code from you directly on PM. Also, some assholes have started posted the codes on Steamgifts. People are really lame.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Before I wiped the original doc there were about 15 lines with various vulgarity that all included the words "reddit was here" in some form...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Gotcha! That's really lame that people would take advantage of you for giving away free stuff and ruin it for the rest of us.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It was obviously one of us who did that, and blamed reddit to make us look better.

As someone who just purchased SRTT and obviously appreciates what Tony does for the community here and on GAF, I'd appreciate a PM with the new doc.

[quote name='Hop25']Gotcha! That's really lame that people would take advantage of you for giving away free stuff and ruin it for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bankotsu']It was obviously one of us who did that, and blamed reddit to make us look better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean I shouldn't be shocked. It is just such a bummer to have something exciting to do with the community and have it ruined. I get that stupid actions aren't representative of the majority of the audience, but I would encourage all of you to cite this particular experience the next time you're in a thread and someone makes a statement like "Man I really wish companies would engage in innovative tactics to get customers excited about their games".

I'm not complaining. I love this community and you guys have enriched my life both personally and professionally, but to I did a brief tally on the man hours I spent on this giveaway, including sourcing the keys from the publishers, creating and distributing the google docs (and distributing codes via PM before the google docs), etc.

I spent roughly 35 hours on this...totally trashed in 20 minutes. As a professional trying to grow a business, I can't justify doing that very often.

Cheers,
Tony

I don't post too often in this thread but I check it pretty often and I must say, Tony, you're awesome! It sucks that people can be such jerks sometimes :( I went to go find the doc the other day to see if there were any extra codes to try to maybe get one for my dad, saw they were all gone, didn't realize they'd been taken by reddit...that's sad. Is there a new doc? If so can someone PM it to me?

Thanks again Tony, you do awesome work :)

I guess the only sane way for Tony to do this in the future is to handle it via Amazon's end.

That means, once people buy something, they will get another e-mail with the DLC gift.

Too bad a few spoiled it for the rest of us.

That's a real bummer. It isn't surprising that someone would do something so destructive, but it's always a sad thing to see. It must take a very troubled person to take delight in such behavior.

Tony, know this: regardless of how it ended up, your efforts have not gone unnoticed. It was very cool of the publishers to get involved in this way and it goes without saying that it was very cool of Amazon (and you, specifically) to facilitate.

[quote name='Hop25']What about the leak to Steamgifts.com? Seems more likely some child on that circlejerk of a forum to do something so immature..

Could someone PM me the new link?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that guy is from CAG? His steam profile shows that he's not in the CAG group.

I'll be here most of the day, at least for the next 12 hours, so I can help with the PMs as well.

Hm... Trying to think of a way that's easier. There's the group in a group way, where a select few get the data and distribute accordingly. It's effectively a mini volunteer staff and the simplest example of this would be like having one Gmail account shared and info tossed inside. That has its own set of problems,,, but may work for a while.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anyone needing the google doc please PM me. I can't go through the thread tracking down who needs it, but I will PM it to you if you send me a message.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, I think you have it covered for now.

lol Internet Anonymity strikes again... I don't understand why people get off by being dicks on the internet. Some people just need a good kick in the sack.
215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

thanks, tony. glad i was able to pick up the sr3 and the code this morning. i wasn't sure i wanted the m&b code so i was looking at some reviews came back to get the code and poof, all gone. oh well :( looking for just 1 code of m&b, no need for the whole list. thanks

It's too bad Tony can't set up a system where you login to your Amazon account and he links to a set Amazon page. On that page, you have the particular giveaway/offer with a button similar to when you buy digital games from Amazon now. You click, "Give me a key" and it assigns you a key from a pool of keys he has already pre-assigned as freebies or what not. The Amazon systems in place keep track and the Amazon login keeps things completely honest. It also enables the link to go out anywhere and not be abused.

Then you basically have first come, first serve just as we do now. Almost seems like that would use existing systems Amazon has in a somewhat unique way. It would also keep things tied to our Amazon accounts (giving Amazon a chance to advertise while we take advantage of the deal) and that would prevent a lot of abuse.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']It's too bad Tony can't set up a system where you login to your Amazon account and you go to a page and you click, "Give me a key" and it assigns you a key from a pool of keys he has on hand as freebies or what not.

Then you basically have first come, first serve just as we do now. Almost seems like that would use existing systems Amazon has in a somewhat unique way. It would also keep things tied to our Amazon accounts (giving Amazon a chance to advertise while we take advantage of the deal) and that would prevent a lot of abuse.[/QUOTE]

Well they could easily automate and email to give all new purchasers of the game a code. I think the thing here is Tony is trying to reward the community as a whole, including people who bought Saints Row prior to this particular sale and other CAGs who bought Saint's Row elsewhere but still support his sales.

So that is why he is trying to do it in a manner as to not exclude people.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well they could easily automate and email to give all new purchasers of the game a code. I think the thing here is Tony is trying to reward the community as a whole, including people who bought Saints Row prior to this particular sale and other CAGs who bought Saint's Row elsewhere but still support his sales.

So that is why he is trying to do it in a manner as to not exclude people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but my idea would be a particular page that when you login to Amazon would include a link to attach a key to your account and only one key. No purchase required. Just an amazon account.

Also, more importantly, I just got an email from Gamestop saying Mass Effect 3/ME3: Digital Deluxe are on sale! Does Amazon Digital PM Gamestop PC Downloads?

GS is saying 50% off, $29.99 for ME3 and $39.99 for ME3DD...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well they could easily automate and email to give all new purchasers of the game a code. I think the thing here is Tony is trying to reward the community as a whole, including people who bought Saints Row prior to this particular sale and other CAGs who bought Saint's Row elsewhere but still support his sales.

So that is why he is trying to do it in a manner as to not exclude people.[/QUOTE]
I think PMs with trustworthy people is the way to go... Sure it's more work for those who get spammed with PMs but if he gets volunteers willing to do it things will go much smoother and it'll keep the fuckwads from screwing everything up.

Yeah, it is really easy set up a "Buy this, get that" program. The point was, I didn't want to make you guys buy anything...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, it is really easy set up a "Buy this, get that" program. The point was, I didn't want to make you guys buy anything...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Is there a way to set it up like the amazon mp3 credits that are some times given out on twitter and stuff? Where you click a button, log-in and get a key? Then you can post here or where ever with that button. Then that button will give you a key (after running an account check to see if you already have one). No purchase required just a way to link it to people's accounts.

Long time lurker, created an account a few months ago but never posted. Figured with this code issue it would be worthy of a first post.

Thank you Tony for the hard work. I have been doing the trading thing on Steam since Christmas Sale (Darrell Sin over there), and have been ecstatic to see the customer outreach and support that Amazon provides. It puts Steam's outreach (non-existant) and support (well, we won't go there) to shame.

I have plenty of other responsibilities where most of my budget goes, so I appreciate a good deal. But I have been around long enough to know that supporting good customer service is sometimes worth paying a bit extra. Rare is the time when you can get the better deal and the better customer service.

I am proud to say I haven't spent a dime on Steam since Feb, and this thread is a big part of that. Thanks again for your price matching, receptiveness to the CAG audience and for generally showing Steam how it is done. Too bad they are either not paying attention, or so full of hubris that they don't care.

Hey Tony, first of all thanks for all the awesome deals and free codes! Have you thought about asking CheapyD if there is anything he could do to help with this process? I know they have a contest/giveaway system in place so i'm wondering if that could be used for this somehow. I'll shoot him a tweet later tonight when he is awake and ask him about this and refer him back to this thread.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'][quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wouldn't mind hosting a steamgifts giveaway for the CAG Steam group with some keys. That would be one way to go about it. I would volunteer to PM codes, but I wouldnt be able to do it throughout the day so as long as people are fine waiting or with the occasional full PM box I could do that too.[/QUOTE]I'll send you some keys via email to start up a giveaway on Steamgifts if people are interested. Do you still have the link to the original google doc for those who PM you?
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If you think it would be useful Tony, to build awareness or engender community, or whatever, SteamGifts does have a decent system in place for automating larger giveaways. See example developer giveaways here: one two three

I'm sure it couldn't hurt you to maintain a thread over there as well. :) There are hundreds of members that buy games specificly to give them away on SteamGifts. Of course there are leechers and snarky comments, but also a nice community.

Hi Tony, i appreciate (and i think we all do) your support to CAG community.

Someone could think that it is just your job, but it's more than that. You listen us!

"Hey Tony, can we get **** game in sale?---Yeah, i'll try"

Yeah, you try to get us the better deals as possible, and others don't do that, or just put the sales that they want

Just thanks!!!!!!!

If there are future giveaways, 'll be great. If not, deals 'll be great anyway; so we'll keep waiting here to catch'em :applause: .

Regards!

PD: SR3 for 10$ is such a steal, I picked it up in january for 30$ i think, and it's a GREAT game. And waiting for Gansgtas in Space and the Problem with the Clones offers!!!!

Anybody needing the google doc with the codes please PM me.

Steamgifts Giveaway Info in the signature. (If this is my second or third post this page, check my first one for the signature!)

I'm happy that I was able to get a code earlier today when I picked up SR:TT, it stinks that some dum dum on the interwebs has to be a child and destroy something good.

Big ups to you Tony for trying to give back to the community and as you can see we all appreciate what you've done for the CAG'ers!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I mean I shouldn't be shocked. It is just such a bummer to have something exciting to do with the community and have it ruined. I get that stupid actions aren't representative of the majority of the audience, but I would encourage all of you to cite this particular experience the next time you're in a thread and someone makes a statement like "Man I really wish companies would engage in innovative tactics to get customers excited about their games".

I'm not complaining. I love this community and you guys have enriched my life both personally and professionally, but to I did a brief tally on the man hours I spent on this giveaway, including sourcing the keys from the publishers, creating and distributing the google docs (and distributing codes via PM before the google docs), etc.

I spent roughly 35 hours on this...totally trashed in 20 minutes. As a professional trying to grow a business, I can't justify doing that very often.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the problem with the internet is that every community action has to be built to prevent the .001% of the population that delights themselves by trolling.

Here´s an idea, is there any way just to set up a special game page on Amazon with whatever dlc/freebie you want to give out, not publish the link so that it is not searchable, and charge $0.00? Just post a link here using the same email tag? Since it seems like you guys have internal controls on the number of keys you give out and can load them up so a customer can only "buy" one. And you guys seem to have the setting up new game pages with the packs etc so the internal cost to Amazon should be minimal.

Sort of like how Amazon gives out free apps each day on the App store but not pushed out to everyone. Plus you can hide-publish the link using your regular community channels like CAG, gaf, reddit (on probation) etc.

The steamgifts giveaway has two downsides. First, each person enters into the givewawy using a certain number of points. Conceivably, a person could enter into 20 giveaways, get nothing, and then be locked out of future giveaways for whatever the time is required to recharge points. Second, you are requiring people to use steamgifts that might have a business model based on collecting user data, I really don´t know how they do what they do but somehow they are paying for the servers.

[quote name='darcmin']anyone know when tax goes in effect for people in cali?[/QUOTE]
Looks like September 15. But it shouldn't apply to digital-only orders anyways.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I spent roughly 35 hours on this...totally trashed in 20 minutes. As a professional trying to grow a business, I can't justify doing that very often.[/QUOTE]

Totally understandable, and it's not something anyone should expect to be done very often in any case. But if it makes you feel any better, that effort was a not-insignificant factor in my decision to buy SR3, and specifically to do so from Amazon. Internal monologue went something like "Do I really need to spend another $10 on games? Probably not, but I want it. Plus they gave me free M&B, and a free SR3 DLC if I grab this... eh, $10 isn't that much and I want to reward that kind of customer-friendly move."

So yeah, I completely understand if it never happens again and it's hard to watch people vandalizing the doc for no apparent reason without thinking of this video, but kudos on the thought and effort that went into it.

meh, I'm really sorry this happened. I was just thinking this morning I should post that while Tony's outreach, deals, and giveaways were awesome it was equally amazing how the CAG community was handling it. Please, don't hate us to much Tony. The vast majority of us would jump in front of a raging Fleshpound to save you!

On a side note I have this giveaway up for CAG steam group members. It's just that silly train sim that was on sale yesterday.

[quote name='jatan11t']Looks like September 15. But it shouldn't apply to digital-only orders anyways.[/QUOTE]

I thought people in Texas were complaining about sales tax on their digital orders?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wouldn't mind hosting a steamgifts giveaway for the CAG Steam group with some keys. That would be one way to go about it. I would volunteer to PM codes, but I wouldnt be able to do it throughout the day so as long as people are fine waiting or with the occasional full PM box I could do that too.[/QUOTE]

I think this might be an efficient way to do things, especially if I can ever get an invite to the steam group!

[quote name='darcmin']anyone know when tax goes in effect for people in cali?[/QUOTE]

September 15, 2012

It looks as though CheapLikeaFox has it covered but if I can be of any assistance in distributing codes, let me know. I know I'm fresh off the proverbial boat around here but I happily sent the Docs link to five or six people yesterday and it was no hassle at all.

I originally came to read about the sale but I've been hanging around because this seems like a fun but level group and I wouldn't be opposed to helping out.

Also, to say it once again, I appreciate the work Tony's put into this and it HAS influenced by decision in where to get my DD games.

Hey Tony,

With the whole google docs issue I wanted to creep out of my longtime lurkdom on CAG for a bit, because it's been such a bummer to see this happen.

I've been a very happy Amazon customer since 1999 and a Prime subscriber for a couple years now. I've really loved seeing real competition for Steam come from you guys and the approach you're taking with the digital store front: pushing DRM free, offering Steam keys where you can, incentives via coupons and BOGO, the policy of always replacing keys if the activation limits run out, etc, etc. Not to mention that in all those years as a customer, I've never had one bad experience with customer service and most of the time it's been exceptional customer service.

In the last six months I've purchased 8 digital games from you guys. While that may not seem like much in comparison to some on CAG, I've largely been in crunch mode from building a new PC last December when mine unexpectedly died a sad death (and about half of the new parts came from Amazon, by the way :lol:). That's more than any other store front, including Steam.

While I have a wishlist of improvements I'd like to see for Amazon's digital storefront in general, you've been doing an amazing job as the community rep and I just wanted to add some additional appreciation after what happened. :applause: Even though I already bought SR3 last year, I went ahead and picked it up on the current sale as a gift to randomly give to someone on my friendslist in the future and as a "support Tony's efforts" gesture.

[quote name='travathian']I think this might be an efficient way to do things, especially if I can ever get an invite to the steam group![/QUOTE]

It's actually not that efficient without doing a special developer giveaway. First time gifters can only give three copies at a time. I've given away 10 items (about to be 11 in an hour or so), but I can still only make six giveaways.

[quote name='nategator']I thought people in Texas were complaining about sales tax on their digital orders?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Texas is getting charged for digital orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back