Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

I'll work on a DLC deal for SRTT but there is 0 chance I will get it approved and implemented in the next 2 hours. If that deal looks slick to you, grab it.

As for an Amazon DLC deal, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I grabbed some DLC earlier from Steam but would definitely consider purchasing the rest from Amazon.

Also it is sad that the keys got exploited and stolen like that. I managed to get a EU3 key from the document earlier thanks to CheapAsAFox. So thanks again for that.

[quote name='60fps']

Also, it looks like Steam screwed up and put the complete Saints Row the 3rd Franchise pack with all the DLC plus base game at 87% off coming in at $13.29. If I didn't already have the base game I would get that, but I only need the Season Pass which is still just $5. Man, I wish they screwed up the season pass instead lol[/QUOTE]

Same here.

If I skipped Amazon DVG's SR:TT deal for $10, I'd be all over the Steam SR:TT Franchise Pack ($13.29).

But, I already bought SR:TT from Amazon DVG....

Actually, Genki Girl Pack DLC is NOT included in Steam's SR:TT Franchise Pack (87% off now).
Genki Girl DLC is quite new and is $2 right now (33% off).

EDIT:
I don't think many expected SR:TT Franchise Pack to hit $13.29 on Steam today, since it was $25 last week on Steam...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

I'll work on a DLC deal for SRTT but there is 0 chance I will get it approved and implemented in the next 2 hours. If that deal looks slick to you, grab it.

As for an Amazon DLC deal, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are you aiming at putting SR:TT Season Pass DLC on sale...?
(Season Pass includes Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, and The Trouble with Clones)

I really wish Steam and/or Amazon DVG had an ALL Inclusive DLC Only Pack.

DLC is where publishers can really make a profit. Kind of like fast food joints getting you to buy a combo meal because the fries and soda provide such great margins. There's really little incentive to provide a mass DLC bundle at a significant discount. I still think the Steam SR3 franchise thing was an error/fluke.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']@ Tony

When will we able to add more than one digital copy to our shopping cart ? Please urge Amazon to solve this problem . Thank you .[/QUOTE]

Ah, just saw this sorry man (got your PM too).

We're working on this and agree it is a big area of opportunity.

I'm not 100% clear on when this should be complete though, sorry for the lack of infos.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='travathian']DLC is where publishers can really make a profit. Kind of like fast food joints getting you to buy a combo meal because the fries and soda provide such great margins. There's really little incentive to provide a mass DLC bundle at a significant discount. I still think the Steam SR3 franchise thing was an error/fluke.[/QUOTE]

It just moved a ton of copies, to people who are now psyched about the game and primed to buy all the new DLC coming. :lol:

And Tony, how about a discount on the Warlock DLCs? :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ah, just saw this sorry man (got your PM too).

We're working on this and agree it is a big area of opportunity.

I'm not 100% clear on when this should be complete though, sorry for the lack of infos.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Thank you for the reply .

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I don't usually bring up posts from even more than 24 hours back but I feel this merits it.

I wanted to conclusively put this discussion to bed:

I woke up this morning and one of my friends sent me an email with this link and a frowny face:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x0a6b/after_passing_out_1000s_of_steam_keys_on_rgaming/

Just do a CTRL+F for "google" you'll get a link to a google doc that looks remarkably similar to the one that was ruined.

I copy and pasted all of the codes in that one to compare...they are all from the original document that was wiped.

Case closed, but I'm still sad. Very sad.

Note: My purpose in posting this was to clear up any confusion as to whether or not I was "jumping to conclusions" regarding the source of the issue with the original giveaway document.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

To be honest, you should have know better IF you browse r/gaming at all. Most of the top comments on any article/post relating to any form of DRM besides just Steam are "Just Pirate it, that'll show 'em." or "Wow, they added DRM? Clearly you should just pirate it". r/gaming is nothing but people asking for handouts during sales. Bunch of post about how they're dyslexic dieing of Super-Aids and Cancer grandma really wants to see them happy for the last time so can I please have skyrim post. So of course one of them is gonna steal the whole thing and then cry because they didn't get their precious internet points for being "nice" by handing out these steam keys he randomly got.

r/gaming is by far one of the worst subreddits. Nothing but Steam/valve circlejerk over nostalgia circlejerk over "pc master race" circlejerk unless you mention a game from the 90s or Nintendo, only then can you mention any non PC game.

Sorry to hear about that stuff on reddit Tony :(
Hope that doesn't hurt any future possible giveaways that might would of happened because of them, but if so, it is understandable.

[quote name='Genocidal']Blaming the victim: Still classy in 2012.[/QUOTE]

How is a company a victim for placing a large amount of usable keys online (an editable list, mind you)? I mean, it isn't that hard to create a key distribution script to run from the platform. I don't see how this could have happened any other way, I expected it to happen.

I'm not saying I'm not sorry that it happened, but come on, this is common sense. If you can't see that, you're just as morally confused as "r/gaming" is.

I'm enjoying Saints Row 3.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Sorry to hear about that stuff on reddit Tony :(
Hope that doesn't hurt any future possible giveaways that might would of happened because of them, but if so, it is understandable.[/QUOTE]

Ye it's understandable, regardless of if there are anymore we still have to take our hat off to him for the past giveaways and sales! Still feel bad for the guy though!

[quote name='realwords']How is a company a victim for placing a large amount of usable keys online (an editable list, mind you)? I mean, it isn't that hard to create a key distribution script to run from the platform. I don't see how this could have happened any other way, I expected it to happen.

I'm not saying I'm not sorry that it happened, but come on, this is common sense. If you can't see that, you're just as morally confused as "r/gaming" is.[/QUOTE]

It's very easy to see the difference - Reddit users took it, stole it, and tried to claim credit in some lame attempt at self validation/internet props. Meanwhile the list on this forum and the other communities he posts in is still in tact and being passed on in a civil manner. I've probably responded to 100 PMs asking for a link and the codes haven't been stolen or messed with.

We get it very clearly, you LOVE reddit and you think it's so unfair to give it a bad rap because of some asshole users. If you want to keep driving that point home please feel free to do so, but anyone can plainly see that as a whole the user bases on these sites are quite different.

Forgive me for being late to the party, but I understand that the Steamgifts giveaway for the Saints Row 3 DLC was sponsored by Amazon. Is that right? Because I was one of the winners of that giveaway (pretty hard for me not to be considering the odds) but I just bought the SR3 collection off of steam last night. I obviously wont be needing that DLC now, so I'd like to give it back. How would I go about that?

[quote name='The End']Forgive me for being late to the party, but I understand that the Steamgifts giveaway for the Saints Row 3 DLC was sponsored by Amazon. Is that right? Because I was one of the winners of that giveaway (pretty hard for me not to be considering the odds) but I just bought the SR3 collection off of steam last night. I obviously wont be needing that DLC now, so I'd like to give it back. How would I go about that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was sponsored by Amazon and Tony, but we had quite a few keys left over from the first giveaway and I am going to get those relisted after everyone marks their gifts as received. If you want to "give it back" you could add it to the google doc with all the codes on it for someone else to grab. It would also be fine to just start your own Steamgifts giveaway for it or give it to a friend who wants it.

Have to say thanks again for that free SRTT DLC Tony. That Vtol jet and tank comes in so handy. Loving this game.

Is Sonic still going on sale this week?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, it was sponsored by Amazon and Tony, but we had quite a few keys left over from the first giveaway and I am going to get those relisted after everyone marks their gifts as received. If you want to "give it back" you could add it to the google doc with all the codes on it for someone else to grab. It would also be fine to just start your own Steamgifts giveaway for it or give it to a friend who wants it.[/QUOTE]

Well I haven't actually claimed the gift yet. I was wondering if I leave it unclaimed, does that hurt your rep on steamgifts (I mean, does it count against you as a gift not received) or does it simply get thrown back into the pot?

Oh and by the way, re-gifting something that you won on steamgifts is verboten. It can actually get you banned. so I definitely wont be taking that route.

EDIT: oh and what is this google doc that you mentioned?

Second EDIT: Looks like I just accidentally claimed my gift. I clicked under Giveaways/won and it gave me a key. i was trying to check if I had won anything else beside the SR3 DLC. So leaving it unclaimed isn't an option anymore.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's very easy to see the difference - Reddit users took it, stole it, and tried to claim credit in some lame attempt at self validation/internet props. Meanwhile the list on this forum and the other communities he posts in is still in tact and being passed on in a civil manner. I've probably responded to 100 PMs asking for a link and the codes haven't been stolen or messed with.

We get it very clearly, you LOVE reddit and you think it's so unfair to give it a bad rap because of some asshole users. If you want to keep driving that point home please feel free to do so, but anyone can plainly see that as a whole the user bases on these sites are quite different.[/QUOTE]

A Reddit user (KamaBlue) found the keys online and gave them away tete-a-tete in order to do what Amazon couldn't -- which is maintain a clear and safe channel for distribution the keys, rather than a cluster****.

People forget that Reddit LITERALLY is the front page to the internet, beyond registered users, there's lurkers who claim that website's content as well, and links get around fast. There's more users of various backgrounds, and posting a public link with that hopes of keeping it secluded to one community was not the way to go about doing this. It's the internet age, man, things get around fast.

You say I love Reddit, I say I'm just offering a deferring opinion than the circlejerk hatred of another community that seems to be so relevant in this community, which makes it no better than the community they bash.

Meanwhile the list on this forum and the other communities he posts in is still in tact and being passed on in a civil manner. I've probably responded to 100 PMs asking for a link and the codes haven't been stolen or messed with.
That's exactly my point. Amazon/Tony didn't have an ideal method of distribution like this. Of COURSE this will work out better than publicly posting a link. Most people with ill intent won't take the time to go through that channel to simply mess things up. You guys realized the mistake that AZ/Tony made in publicly posting an editable spreadsheet online, and made a closed-source, more secure spreadsheet that is only passed around through some trusted members.

Again, I really appreciate what Tony's doing. But it disturbs me when a group of people don't hold the correct people accountable. It's a given that there's going to be one-two people who aren't socially responsible. But the Green Blackboard rule always applies.

215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

[quote name='The End']Lol @ reddit being the front page of the internet. What arrogance. I'd never even heard of that hell hole 4 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Been on Yahoo.com lately? Check out how much of their content is lifted off the FP of Reddit.

[quote name='The End']Well I haven't actually claimed the gift yet. I was wondering if I leave it unclaimed, does that hurt your rep on steamgifts (I mean, does it count against you as a gift not received) or does it simply get thrown back into the pot?

Oh and by the way, re-gifting something that you won on steamgifts is verboten. It can actually get you banned. so I definitely wont be taking that route.

EDIT: oh and what is this google doc that you mentioned?

Second EDIT: Looks like I just accidentally claimed my gift. I clicked under Giveaways/won and it gave me a key. i was trying to check if I had won anything else beside the SR3 DLC. So leaving it unclaimed isn't an option anymore.[/QUOTE]

Ah, didn't know that. Well I will send you the link to the google doc then. Please claim it and just throw it on the google doc. I can't start the new giveaway away with any unclaimed gifts.

[quote name='realwords']A Reddit user (KamaBlue) found the keys online and gave them away tete-a-tete in order to do what Amazon couldn't -- which is maintain a clear and safe channel for distribution the keys, rather than a cluster****.

People forget that Reddit LITERALLY is the front page to the internet, beyond registered users, there's lurkers who claim that website's content as well, and links get around fast. There's more users of various backgrounds, and posting a public link with that hopes of keeping it secluded to one community was not the way to go about doing this. It's the internet age, man, things get around fast.

You say I love Reddit, I say I'm just offering a deferring opinion than the circlejerk hatred of another community that seems to be so relevant in this community, which makes it no better than the community they bash.

That's exactly my point. Amazon/Tony didn't have an ideal method of distribution like this. Of COURSE this will work out better than publicly posting a link. Most people with ill intent won't take the time to go through that channel to simply mess things up. You guys realized the mistake that AZ/Tony made in publicly posting an editable spreadsheet online, and made a closed-source, more secure spreadsheet that is only passed around through some trusted members.

Again, I really appreciate what Tony's doing. But it disturbs me when a group of people don't hold the correct people accountable. It's a given that there's going to be one-two people who aren't socially responsible. But the Green Blackboard rule always applies.[/QUOTE]

I love reddit and I won't condemn it because the actions of one person, but that still doesn't mean what that user did is ok. Just because he COULD do what he did doesn't mean he SHOULD have.

[quote name='The End']Lol @ reddit being the front page of the internet. What arrogance. I'd never even heard of that hell hole 4 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Based on actual hit statistics, it basically is the front page of the internet. Of course there are plenty of people who still haven't heard of it. Has some useful stuff that I find good reads on occasion, but the majority of the larger sections on the site are terrible. I wouldn't condemn an entire website because of one idiotic user or a very small group of users.

EDIT: Not really focusing the 'blaming' thing on you, just wanted to be clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='realwords']A Reddit user (KamaBlue) found the keys online and gave them away tete-a-tete in order to do what Amazon couldn't -- which is maintain a clear and safe channel for distribution the keys, rather than a cluster****.

Again, I really appreciate what Tony's doing. But it disturbs me when a group of people don't hold the correct people accountable. It's a given that there's going to be one-two people who aren't socially responsible. But the Green Blackboard rule always applies.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you've just reach a new low here. Not only blaming the wrong person, but then praising the scumbag who stole it. You're just as bad as the guy if you really think he "found it" and was trying to do a public service? Wow. Then why not state that or make it clear he "found" the keys. Do people often find hundreds of keys to free games just sitting on the internet unclaimed? Dude get real.

Your logic is circular. First you claimed Tony had no way of knowing it was reddit users who did it and reddit is great, bla bla bla. When proof is shown now it's Tony's fault because of course the internets is going to do something bad and how dare he do something so foolish. We're proof that communities can self regulate in a civil manner. You can make all the excuses you want as to why Reddit is incapable of doing the same, but even your own argument concedes that there are jerks on reddit.

Edit:

And just to be clear, no one is saying "RAWR REDDIT SUCKS BLA BLA BLA" - we're merely RIGHTFULLY condemning the user base that does shady things like this. I don't use the site personally other than some lame blog postings that Yahoo tries to pass off as content on occasion, but I have no ill will towards it. I think it's sad when you can't concede that there are some scummy users on there who did a scummy thing. I don't think anyone is going to stop using reddit, but we know that when it comes to community trust based things, their user base isn't such that can be trusted.

[quote name='realwords']Been on Yahoo.com lately? Check out how much of their content is lifted off the FP of Reddit.[/QUOTE]

No, and neither have most people. Get back to me when you replace yahoo with facebook/google/cnn

Hey Tony,

Any word on whether THQ would be willing to run Saints Row 2 for a super cheap price? Thanks Man!

P.S. Those guys who screwed up the codes giveaways are poor excuses for human beings. I am surprised that some folks are defending them on this thread, weird comments.

That's a damn shame, if I were you Tony I'd message a list of those keys to Steam and get in contact with them to disable them or something, you can't just let this injustice go like that. Really sorry this happened.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']http://toolbar.netcraft.com/stats/topsites/

yahoo.com is ranked 32

only being beaten by Google (and its companies), Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Microsoft.

CNN doesn't even rank.

Stop talking out of your ass.[/QUOTE]

So because net rankings show one thing, it completely invalidates a person's experience in not caring about or paying attention to Reddit or yahoo? Seriously? The only part of Yahoo that anybody takes seriously is their sports and financial coverage, which I'm willing to bet Reddit has zero influence on. You sure you want to keep talking about someone talking out of their ass?

With that said, the only thing about this whole thing that makes me lose any respect for Reddit is the jackholes defending what happened. Fortunately, these idiots seem to be largely in the minority.

ETA: Tony, you've dealt with this whole situation with nothing but class. It's one of the biggest reasons this is the first thread I check on this site and why I keep telling my friends to check out Amazon PCDD deals.

I didnt know where to post this, so I'm going to leave it here because I got this extra Just Cause 2 from an Amazon bundle a few weeks ago and don't want the key to end up unused. Join the Multiplayer beta if you win!

[quote name='realwords']A Reddit user (KamaBlue) found the keys online and gave them away tete-a-tete in order to do what Amazon couldn't -- which is maintain a clear and safe channel for distribution the keys, rather than a cluster****.[/QUOTE]
(A) They weren't KamasBlue's keys to decide for himself how they should be distributed.
(B) "Clear and safe"? Is that a joke? What was "unsafe" about the previous way? You mean safer than a bunch of people stealing all the codes and vandalizing the doc?
(C) Some nitwit just wanted to be Internet King for the day and had a hissy fit when it didn't work out. Trying to dress it up nicer than that is ridiculous.

[quote name='travathian']No, and neither have most people. Get back to me when you replace yahoo with facebook/google/cnn[/QUOTE]

haha so funny, I have to agree Yahoo has to become hardly relevant, which is why they are struggling, although the new CEO is a cutie pie.

To pile on here I think the reddit user who took something they did not create, or own and then try to pass it off as their own, just to gain street cred (aka karma) is a scumbag. The universe will treat him as such.

Tony, however is a stand up guy. But lets not forget he is actually paid by Amazon to create traffic. And in this case his list may very well have created more attention to that cause.

So Tony, well done... But what happened to my Arma II p.m LOL

[quote name='realwords']A Reddit user (KamaBlue) found the keys online [/QUOTE]Joke of the day .

[quote name='realwords']A Reddit user (KamaBlue) found the keys online and gave them away tete-a-tete in order to do what Amazon couldn't -- which is maintain a clear and safe channel for distribution the keys, rather than a cluster****. [/QUOTE]

Are you seriously saying that KamaBlue took the keys and distributed them entirely as an act of goodwill? Seriously? I don't even know what to say to this comment. I'm a redditor myself, and I cannot even fathom how you could say this statement.

And many redditors here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x0uqn/this_is_not_okay/
agree with me.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Ah, didn't know that. Well I will send you the link to the google doc then. Please claim it and just throw it on the google doc. I can't start the new giveaway away with any unclaimed gifts.[/QUOTE]

For future reference, you (or the winner of the giveaway) can open a support ticket on Steamgifts and ask for a reroll for that particular winner.

[quote name='jatan11t']Are you seriously saying that KamaBlue took the keys and distributed them entirely as an act of goodwill? Seriously? I don't even know what to say to this comment. I'm a redditor myself, and I cannot even fathom how you could say this statement.

And many redditors here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x0uqn/this_is_not_okay/
agree with me.[/QUOTE]

Man, that site gives me a headache. It's like trying to read The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times on your computer screen.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']http://toolbar.netcraft.com/stats/topsites/

yahoo.com is ranked 32

only being beaten by Google (and its companies), Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Microsoft.

CNN doesn't even rank.

So people go to Yahoo for their news? Really? Get back to me when you have stats for only the NEWS portion, and not the email portion. I'd bet that 90% of yahoo traffic is generated from people checking their email. Yahoo used to be a go to portal, but they are a shadow of their former selves. But way to be a defensive douche about it. The fact remains, Yahoo news (lol) reposting crap from reddit, does not some how make reddit the face of the internet, lol. Now Yahoo Sports has a few competent people, and so does Yahoo Finance, but their general News? lol, no. Which is why they recycle crap from reddit.

[quote name='travathian']So people go to Yahoo for their news? Really? Get back to me when you have stats for only the NEWS portion, and not the email portion. I'd bet that 90% of yahoo traffic is generated from people checking their email. Yahoo used to be a go to portal, but they are a shadow of their former selves. But way to be a defensive douche about it. The fact remains, Yahoo news (lol) reposting crap from reddit, does not some how make reddit the face of the internet, lol. Now Yahoo Sports has a few competent people, and so does Yahoo Finance, but their general News? lol, no. Which is why they recycle crap from reddit.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the argument.

I use Yahoo everyday...

for sports and to check my mail (account I use to sign-up/receive updates on services like at&t and directv).

Oh, and yahoo fantasy which i guess is sports too.

Honestly, I get my news from facebook updates, and then turn on the TV.

Seesh, this gets worse before it gets better. It's good that you're finding proof for your suspicions Tony, and it sucks that a few bad eggs have to ruin it for the rest of us. Logic doesn't even follow there, and the only decent news in this is that the codes weren't sold for profit. Hopefully.

There's a fair point to say that once it's on the Internet you risk heavy exposure that can ruin your project. There is also a fair point to say that unless it's bringing harm, it shouldn't be ruined. Bunch of game codes for a community? Keep it simple, take it easy. Take one, hell take a few to share with friends, don't ruin it for everyone else. In the end there isn't a rational justification that works, beyond someone wanted to be a dick. Not something that can be defended.

To that end though, arguing over it won't help anything and will instead make things ugly. Lesson here is simple and sad, trust does surprisingly exist within the internet. However, some forums simply aren't stable enough to deserve any. For better or worse, that's reddit.

Don't particularly care bout arguments over how popular sites are either. First, third, whatever. It's a big, diverse site. So is yahoo, cnn, etc. At that point it's basically a bigger dick argument, so why bother? No point in arguing that, so that leaves us with the only points known: a few ruined it for the rest. No need to start a war over it, others that helps nobody. Happy times dammit!

[quote name='DudeImGodly'][quote name='travathian']No, and neither have most people. Get back to me when you replace yahoo with facebook/google/cnn[/QUOTE]

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/stats/topsites/

yahoo.com is ranked 32

CNN doesn't even rank.

You know who else doesn't rank? Reddit.

Despite supposedly getting a crap-ton of traffic from Yahoo, Precious Reddit still can't make the top 100.

Someone is definitely talking out of their ass here, but I don't think it's travathian.

I'd like to hear from someone -- anyone -- who can explain how a site that can't crack the top 100 can somehow be considered "LITERALLY the front page of the internet".

[quote name='stoned99']Tony, the only way to put this discussion to bed is some more rad deals. Get cracking !![/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']Lets get some deal talk going.

so Tony...

Have we had a comment from EA on the KoA DLC yet?[/QUOTE]

No DLC new yet.

We are doing an encore of the best deals from 2K, Rockstar, and Sega.

We're defining best as "sold the most".

I'm updating my next response now. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back