Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bubzers']I can choose where to download Amazon's installation files. I just save the downloader file wherever I want the installation files to save, and then run the downloader. It's always worked that way for me. :confused:[/QUOTE]
Only if you don't have enough space on your C drive. Then, and only then does it ask where you want to download the file to.

I was afraid my explanation wasn't going to he good enough. When I click "Download" from my games in Amazon, it asks to save or open a small file (I call this the downloader). I save it wherever I want the other files to download to. Then I run the downloader.

[quote name='Mooby']I believe Alpha BROtocol is a Steamworks game.[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol is not a Steamworks game. For whatever reason though the GMG version of this game does use Steamworks. I guess Sega decides what version it wants to give out.

I like how Amazon tries to have DRM free and Steam options, but I also understand they need to be careful not to promote the competition. Having both options, but defaulting to DRM free and making Steam sound unpleasant might be the best compromise ;)

[quote name='Mooby']I believe Alpha BROtocol is a Steamworks game.[/QUOTE]

Depends on where you buy it.

Retail version and many other Non-Steam digital downloads versions used Uniloc Online Activation DRM with Install Limits.
If you threw in the newest patch (Patch 1.1), it removed the DRM-Check entirely.

[quote name='Hop25']The downloader sending files to the desktop can be an issue for SSD hard drives because the unnecessary moving of files isn't ideal.[/quote]
Moving files from the desktop to another location on the same drive only moves the file table entries not the actual files. And, moving them to another non-SSD drive would have no effect at all on the SSD drive since the files are removed.

Also, you can move a game from Steam and still play it by manually creating junctions or using an application like Steam Mover
I am aware of junctions and use them for relocations of temporary files to my RAM drive, but they are hardly ideal. Steam should have that functionality natively so it isn't such a pain to relocate things and then keep track of them later.

[quote name='CheapoEl']Incorrect.
First it downloads the *.afp file. Then it unpacks that, and then you have the normal setup stuff for the game.[/quote]
What I wrote is correct. The AFP file is just a temp file as I mentioned later in the post. The "setup stuff for the game" is the game's installer just like on a physical disc. Steam on the other hand downloads the game's files not an installer to install the game like Amazon does.

Again I don't see any reason not to use the desktop as a temporary location for the temp file and the game's installer files. You can move the files after they are downloaded and extracted. If you don't have enough room in advance, the downloader will tell you that. You had 45GB free on C:, so why not use some of it for the download?

I have even resumed broken Amazon downloads before, so if you don't get all of the AFP file in one setting, you can continue it later.

[quote name='FU2']What I wrote is correct. The AFP file is just a temp file. The "setup stuff for the game" is the game's installer just like on a physical disc. Steam on the other hand downloads the game's files not an installer to install the game like Amazon does.

Again I don't see any reason not to use the desktop as a temporary location for the temp file and the game's installer files.[/QUOTE]
The reason is the installer is brain dead. As was pointed out earlier, let's say you have 25GB free on the C drive.
It downloads a 20GB file, and tries to decompress it. At this point, it either crashes the installer, or it throws up a error message, since there is no more room on the drive to decompress it.
The other issue is people have small SSDs for boot drives these days, and it is just plain silly to shove the file at some default location when the downloader ALREADY can let you download it anyplace, but that only works if it calculates that the initial download size is too big for the C drive.

Again, Amazon needs to fix it to allow people to download the game to ANY location they want, and also make it recover from errors like the one I had easier without deleting the afp file on unpacking errors.

I have even resumed broken Amazon downloads before, so if you don't get all of the AFP file in one setting, you can continue it later.
It wasn't a broken afp file, it was a full download, it was obviously there to unpack the other files, but something went on, and it failed, and it also deleted the afp file. Logs don't say why, as you can see.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony, are you guys going to get Dark Souls by chance?[/QUOTE]

This has to be the most requested game in this thread right now. Maybe Tony can show the guys at Namco this thread and help speed things up.

[quote name='CheapoEl']The reason is the installer is brain dead. As was pointed out earlier, let's say you have 25GB free on the C drive.
It downloads a 20GB file, and tries to decompress it. At this point, it either crashes the installer, or it throws up a error message, since there is no more room on the drive to decompress it.[/quote]
That wasn't the case in your example. You already had enough free disk space to download and decompress to your desktop. It is ridiculous in your case to try to download the files elsewhere when you can just move them immediately after successful extraction. You went to the trouble to create a 45GB dummy file because you didn't want to download and extract 5GB worth of data to the same drive. In addition in order for the downloader to know in advance exactly how much drive space is required for extraction, it would have to be manually given or hard-coded with that information in advance because the only way to get it from the file would be to download the entire file first.

The other issue is people have small SSDs for boot drives these days, and it is just plain silly to shove the file at some default location when the downloader ALREADY can let you download it anyplace, but that only works if it calculates that the initial download size is too big for the C drive.
It's plain silly to make a big deal out of moving files off of an SSD drive since it is so easy to do and the drives are so fast in doing it.

Again, Amazon needs to fix it to allow people to download the game to ANY location they want
I agree, but that hardly makes the downloader unusable as it is now. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

make it recover from errors like the one I had easier without deleting the afp file on unpacking errors.
Automatic recovery would be nice, but it is possible to manually recover from this if you monitor the extraction by copying the afp file during download or extraction using utilities which will access a file in use. I am also not so sure that the Amazon downloader always deletes the AFP file on a broken extraction. Even in your case the log indicates that the file disappeared during extraction while the downloader was still running not after it stopped or crashed.

It wasn't a broken afp file, it was a full download,
I know which is why that comment was not a quoted reply. I made that comment to inform people that you can resume from an existing AFP file. You can also probably get the downloader to immediately extract from one as well, but I have never tried it.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Tony have any hints on Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga sale next month?[/QUOTE]
He already mentioned it. It's going to be $6 on the 28th (of this month IIRC).

And why such a weak preorder bonus on the PC version of Borderlands 2? :cry:

[quote name='Idiotekque']He already mentioned it. It's going to be $6 on the 28th (of this month IIRC).

And why such a weak preorder bonus on the PC version of Borderlands 2? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad I didnt see that in the list of stuff on the 28th....

When will Amazon sell the digital version of these games ?

Batman AA GotY
Batman AC GotY
Farming Simulator 2011 Platinum Edition + DLC Pack 4 .

[quote name='ne_zavarj']When will Amazon sell the digital version of these games ?

Batman AA GotY
Batman AC GotY
.[/QUOTE]
Id get em....at -75% ;)

[quote name='ne_zavarj']When will Amazon sell the digital version of these games ?

Batman AA GotY
Batman AC GotY
.[/QUOTE]
AFAIK, Amazon DVG still has NOT inked a digital distribution deal w/ Warner Bros...
Hence why Batman series; Bastion; and FEAR series aren't on Amazon DVG...

Batman AA GotY
Batman AC GotY
Farming Simulator 2011 Platinum Edition + DLC Pack 4 .[/QUOTE]

Given all the grief that Rocksteady is giving PC gamers with regards to strictly limited activations and revokations for your key with the two Batman's (only true for GOTY version of Arkham Asylum, regular non-GOTY version worked differently), I think Amazon's guarantee of giving you another key if said games are used too often would be a great, great benefit. I mean, one worth advertising bigtime. In short, if you like to upgrade your PC, you best be wary because most DRM we deal with is based around resetting its activation/revoke limits every month or every six months or every year. This DRM, however, is permanent. You run out and Rocksteady/WB will not allow you any more installs. If you contact their forum peeps, they tell you to contact tech support because they have no control over it. Rocksteady tech support's helpful suggestion is to, "Buy another copy."

If Amazon ever gets WB on board, that promise of a new key if you have problems installing the one you have would be fantastic. I admit, I find it odd that WB would partner with EA on Origin, but not with Amazon digital downloads. Perhaps some palms need greasing. Given their "helpful" attitude about letting a gamer play the game he paid for until they decide you've used it on too many of your legally owned computers, I say grease their palms with hamster poo.

That might not get you the contract, though.

[quote name='TheKbob']I want Kingdoms of Amalur for $10 like at Best Buy. Even $15 would be a sale.[/QUOTE]

It is 15 at Best Buy, the coupon isn't free

[quote name='Idiotekque']He already mentioned it. It's going to be $6 on the 28th (of this month IIRC).[/QUOTE]
I don't see it on the list of the first post of this thread .

Dragon Age+Dragon Age 2 pack work with Steam?
Dont see the keys on the Steam Retail list, but ya sometimes other games outside the list will work too. Just checkin.

[quote name='Wolfmight']Dragon Age+Dragon Age 2 pack work with Steam?
Dont see the keys on the Steam Retail list, but ya sometimes other games outside the list will work too. Just checkin.[/QUOTE]
Nope

Dont see the keys on the Steam Retail list, but ya sometimes other games outside the list will work too. Just checkin.[/QUOTE]

They won't.

NO EA games register on Steam.

You want a EA games w/ Steam benefits, you'd have to buy through Steam...if EA actually is selling the game on Steam and if Steam ain't kicked it off for violating its rules...

[quote name='MysterD']NO EA games register on Steam.

You want a EA games w/ Steam benefits, you'd have to buy through Steam...if EA actually is selling the game on Steam and if Steam ain't kicked it off for violating its rules...[/QUOTE]

That really needs to be stickied at the top of each page :lol: It's amazing how much that gets asked.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']When these will be available ?

Also can you register these on Steam ?

http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Blade-W..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0J0KCMQCPTDNMW5P8K9Q
http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Blade-W..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0J0KCMQCPTDNMW5P8K9Q[/QUOTE]

Divinity II available 7/28...in the OP. M&B doesn't activate on Steam.

[quote name='Seraphym']o, wow there's a 4 pack for Borderlands 2. Does the bonues 10% stack on the 4-pack? =D[/QUOTE]

Yes. Makes it like $36 per copy if you have the Borderlands GOTY coupon.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Yes. Makes it like $36 per copy if you have the Borderlands GOTY coupon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

OMG, that's epic!

Count me in if anyone's hosting. I can pay upfront if that helps (assuming you have good rep).

I just bought another copy of Borderlands 1 GOTY since I wanted that discount on Borderlands 2. Already own the game elsewhere, so I am willing to sell this key for $5 instead of $7.50 to another CAG. Payment methods accepted (Paypal, amazon Payments/gift card) Please PM me if you're interested.

Also, willing to trade for items on either of my wishlists: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ObsidianSpire/wishlist

http://amzn.com/w/LN7KTGZ38T4D

The Borderlands 2 4-pack is a great deal. So the 10% preorder and 10% Borderlands bonuses apply, but do all 4 players get the preorder bonus Premiere Club/Golden Key?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Divinity II available 7/28...in the OP. [/QUOTE]I don't see it on that list .

[quote name='selcouth']The Borderlands 2 4-pack is a great deal. So the 10% preorder and 10% Borderlands bonuses apply, but do all 4 players get the preorder bonus Premiere Club/Golden Key?[/QUOTE]

Yep you get 4 individual keys but they are the same keys you'd get if you bought the single.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='FQRizzo']I ordered Borderlands GOTY from Amazon in February. Will I get the discount on BL2?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming so, I hope so anyway as I ordered it around the same time, maybe march

[quote name='kendog1331']Borderlands 2 is steamworks on amazon, correct? So if we pre-order we will be getting a key for steam?[/QUOTE]

Yeah its steamworks game.

What happens to credits when you cancel order? I thinking of upgrading from single copy to 4-pack but I have credits already applied to old order.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

I'll work on a DLC deal for SRTT but there is 0 chance I will get it approved and implemented in the next 2 hours. If that deal looks slick to you, grab it.

As for an Amazon DLC deal, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony this is my first post and found it is pretty awesome we can talk directly to a big corporation guy and actually see things happen :)
I was wondering if you have a rough idea on when that DLC bundle for SRTT would be available?

My second question is for Tony or anyone else that knows can help me. I saw the deal Tony posted about the Nancy Drew bundle so I bought it for my nieces. Is it possible to download the games and put them on DVD disk and give to them? I'm not sure how the DRM works on these but I won't be using them myself. Do they have to have my Amazon account? I'd hate them to see how much I spend on Amazon :)

[quote name='FQRizzo']I ordered Borderlands GOTY from Amazon in February. Will I get the discount on BL2?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Daf']I'm assuming so, I hope so anyway as I ordered it around the same time, maybe march[/QUOTE]

Yes, you'll get the credit, hopefully today when I get all the order ids out of our system and backfill the promotion.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah its steamworks game.

What happens to credits when you cancel order? I thinking of upgrading from single copy to 4-pack but I have credits already applied to old order.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what happens to the single order credit, it only applies to the single copy though so it isn't like you're "losing the credit" by cancelling and putting in a 4-pack order. You have a separate $18 credit for the 4 pack.

[quote name='Larce80']if we bought BL goty from the last sale do we still get the bonus?[/QUOTE]

yes.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not sure what happens to the single order credit, it only applies to the single copy though so it isn't like you're "losing the credit" by cancelling and putting in a 4-pack order. You have a separate $18 credit for the 4 pack.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sorry. I meant, I had previous "buy a game and get $10 off your next order" credit that I applied to single copy + a few other digital credits.

Maybe best to just leave it as is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back