Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FU2']Also the first post in this thread doesn't mention the two Disney game bundles here and here which are excellent. I had been waiting forever for Tron Evolution to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. I'm in for both bundles.

Any idea of these work on Steam?

/edit: Actually, maybe just the first bundle. I'm interested in Toy Story 3 in the 2nd bundle (the console version was great), but not really any of the others.

None of the 9 games appear on the Steam Retail CD Key list so I'm guessing no :(

/doubleedit: Confirming that the Tron/Split Second/Pure bundle does not activate on Steam. That's okay, I'll load them through Steam anyway :) Excited to finally play Tron.

So I'm looking at a website that tells me that some Disney games have dropped to 75% off, heck, I love a bargain so I grabbed Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, Cars 2 and Toy story 3 for $7.50 each (yes, I know now)

Then I head over to Amazon and find out about the fantastic Disney pack where you get not only Lego Pirates, Cars 2, Toy Story 3 but also, G-Force, Disney Universe and Pirates: at World's End for $8.99!!!!

Anywhoo, I got Amazon customer service to phone ME up (very nice) and in under four minutes, I had refunds for the three individual games being processed.

So a large HURRAH to Tony and the fantastic customer support in video game downloads!!!

Just grabbed Dead Space 1 + Crysis Max pack. Thx for the great deals Tony.

Another +1 if you can have the KoA:R bundle with all DLCs for the current 15.99 price. I'll wait. :)

[quote name='speedracer']Do the Amazon PC download guys price match? I'd love NBA 2k12 for $5 but not from Gamefly. If Amazon matched I'd be in.[/QUOTE]
Click the "tell us about a lower price" link on the game's page, and report the lower price. If enough people do this, the price usually gets lowered.

I have already reported this game using the link myself.

[quote name='FU2']Click the "tell us about a lower price" link on the game's page, and report the lower price. If enough people do this, the price usually gets lowered.

I have already reported this game using the link myself.[/QUOTE]
Done.

[quote name='speedracer']Do the Amazon PC download guys price match? I'd love NBA 2k12 for $5 but not from Gamefly. If Amazon matched I'd be in.[/QUOTE]

I just read that the PC version has had its servers shut down for awhile and as such are stuck with outdated rosters and an inability to play online. If you were interested in either of those features, you should probably stay away.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I just read that the PC version has had its servers shut down for awhile and as such are stuck with outdated rosters and an inability to play online. If you were interested in either of those features, you should probably stay away.[/QUOTE]

Roster part is not true at all. New rosters are available with 2012 rookies, portraits, updated courts (Brooklyn) and logos.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']Great sale but the improved cart feature is still missing . :([/QUOTE]

what were the improvements going to be? i guess i missed it.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']an inability to play online.[/QUOTE]
My understanding from reading the description of the game is that the PC version doesn't have online play at all. The Internet functionality was just for the roster updates and stats.

That said I hate 2KGame's practice of shutting down the servers to their sports games so quickly. They make even EA look good since EA leaves them up longer than that.

i got gta iv and the key doesnt work to play online when i submit it through windows live it says invalid what should i do?

[quote name='speedracer']Done.[/QUOTE]
That reminds me. Would everyone please report the lower price of $5, $1.25, $0.75, and $0.25 for Homefront and its three pieces of DLC on the Amazon page for the game?

Use the following links from THQ's online store for the URL in the report.

Amazon's Homefront
THQ's Homefront

[quote name='traxstar']i got gta iv and the key doesnt work to play online when i submit it through windows live it says invalid what should i do?[/QUOTE]
The Games for WIndows Live key should be in the XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX format. Is yours?

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I think Tony mentioned in the past that Amazon does not price match publisher deals.
However, you might get lucky :)[/QUOTE]
Well since this is also the same price that Steam had for the game two days ago and the same price that Amazon had yesterday (except for the DLC), Amazon should run it again.

[quote name='FU2']My understanding from reading the description of the game is that the PC version doesn't have online play at all. The Internet functionality was just for the roster updates and stats.

That said I hate 2KGame's practice of shutting down the servers to their sports games so quickly. They make even EA look good since EA leaves them up longer than that.[/QUOTE]

Thank the heavens that this doesnt happen on xbox.. i remember playing 2k7 not that long ago online.. It happens very frequently on ps3 and pc..

[quote name='kaydigi']Roster part is not true at all. New rosters are available with 2012 rookies, portraits, updated courts (Brooklyn) and logos.[/QUOTE]

Officially that is very doubtful.. maybe you are referring to operation sports or w.e

I'm still looking to sell a few of the games from the Plethora Pack I don't want. If anyone is interested in Majesty Gold, Majesty 2 Collection or Victoria II, I have a code for each I'd be willing to sell for $2.

Hey everyone. So I just bought one of the Disney packs and cannot install any of the games. As soon as the installation begins, it crashes with an error and exits out. Happened with both Cars 2 and Gforce. Any insight? Thanks!

If anyone wants Disney Universe for $2 or so, PM me; I purchased the bundle but already had that one.

And looking forward to a long weekend playing Spec Ops. :)

[quote name='jkimrey']If anyone wants Disney Universe for $2 or so, PM me; I purchased the bundle but already had that one.

And looking forward to a long weekend playing Spec Ops. :)[/QUOTE]

I purchased the Spec Ops bundle and have been hooked on Spec Ops. Sleeper hit for sure.

[quote name='Shrowd']My wallet hates Tony..... but wow, those are some awesome deals.[/QUOTE]

This thread in a nutshell:

hamster-eating-money.jpg

Switching gears... who's up for a non-download, physical-disk deal?

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri + SMACX. $5.49 + $3.99 shipping. Less than $10 for a game-and-expansion-pack that still can't be bought for legal download. (GOG has the base game, but not the expansion.)

EDIT! This disk version has SecuROM on it. Urgh. Thank God I have my old originals. Potential buyer beware!

Okay, back to the digital world...

[quote name='InsertUserNameHere']Thanks for offering these older sports games. They still play great! :applause:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091UOGFU?tag=cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

That pack, as well as the Disney kids/family pack, will be mine. Yes, oh yes, they will be mine. Muahahahaha...

[quote name='FU2']The Games for WIndows Live key should be in the XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX format. Is yours?[/QUOTE]

you have to use the episode from liberty city key for it to work not the gta iv one.

I requested the price match for NBA2K12 as well. Hopefully they will keep up with the Labor Day weekend. Those roster mods look terrific.

[quote name='FU2']Click the "tell us about a lower price" link on the game's page, and report the lower price. If enough people do this, the price usually gets lowered.

I have already reported this game using the link myself.[/QUOTE]

If you use the 20% off coupon, it'll be $4 on GameFly. :p
I'd love Amazon to match that price w/ coupon, but they'd probably just match the game at $5. :p

The thing is - I'd probably rather buy this from Amazon b/c of their "we'll give you another key" if you go w/ Securom version and run out of activationsr; or b/c you can decide on buying a Steam-version.

Not sure how up-to-date the Securom digital download version of the game is, when compared to Steam version. Might need to investigate some more....
Or maybe Tony knows if both versions are fully up-to-date?
[Looks like this hard to find out.]

Then again, might be easier to deal w/ modding on Steam version - i.e. just back-up the entire game as an archive file or back-up the entire game, in case I screw-up when trying to do some modding...

I don't know, a lot to think about here...

Or, maybe Tony could just do one better w/ his Bundle Madness theme:
Sell a NBA 2K12 + MLB2K12 Bundle REAL CHEAP - think like say...$7.50. ;)
Really make it worth my while to avoid GameFly's current deal. ;)
As always - one version of that bundle could be ALL Steam, the other would be ALL Securom (Non-Steam).

EDIT:
@TONY
Are you reading this? ;)

[quote name='crimsonassassin'](2) If Crysis 1 is redeemed through Origin does it still use SecuROM as well?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure that Crysis ALWAYS uses SecuROM, but the number of activations is incredibly high.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']Two (unrelated) questions:

(1) Do all games in the racing pack redeem on Origin?[/QUOTE]

yes they all active on Origin according to someone who mentioned it earlier in this thread, I will try to find the post (give me a minute)

EDIT: found it! here you go

Idiotekque - Thanks for the Crysis information. I am not concerned as much about activations (especially with Amazon) as the pain in the ass SecuROM has been for me lately with Sacred 2. It took me more than a week to get that game working as the activations kept having issues. I found it ironic that I had a pirated copy previously (to check to see if my computer would run the game at all) which was 1000 times easier to deal with.

LazyTriangle - Thanks for the EA racing information. That pack is looking fairly tempting at the moment. Also I like the TARDIS avatar picture.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']LazyTriangle - Thanks for the EA racing information. That pack is looking fairly tempting at the moment. Also I like the TARDIS avatar picture.[/QUOTE]

no problem glad to help and thanks I changed my avi to the tardis just a few minutes ago :lol: I discovered Doctor Who fairly recently and I'm kind obssessed with it, I watched the whole Ecclestone and Tennant episodes in the last three weeks, working my way through the Matt Smith episodes now

[quote name='MysterD']If you use the 20% off coupon, it'll be $4 on GameFly. :p[/quote]
What's the coupon code? I have bought games from when the company was Direct2Drive so I am not against using Gamefly if the price is right.

Then again, might be easier to deal w/ modding on Steam version - i.e. just back-up the entire game as an archive file or back-up the entire game, in case I screw-up when trying to do some modding...
Steam makes modding of any game harder because it overwrites any modified game files in its inventory list files (*.NCF/*.ACF) whenever you verify files or sometimes when a game is automatically updated. As for backing up the game before modding, you can do that with any non-Steam installed game as well, and you don't have to worry about an autoupdate client screwing up the files.

Sell a NBA 2K12 + MLB2K12 Bundle REAL CHEAP - think like say...$7.50. ;)
I'd be in for the non-Steam version of that bundle.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty sure that Crysis ALWAYS uses SecuROM, but the number of activations is incredibly high.[/QUOTE]
Plus revoking an activation is easy using the free tool or the "-revoke" command-line switch when the game is run.

I found it ironic that I had a pirated copy previously
So keep using the crack from that. That's one thing I like about non-Steam games. The cracks are a lot easier to make, and you don't need to worry about the game using the damn Steam API too so parts of the game still don't work when its cracked.

[quote name='FU2']What's the coupon code? I have bought games from when the company was Direct2Drive so I am not against using Gamefly if the price is right.
[/quote]
It's in this thread.
Coupon is "1GFT82012 " (for extra 20% off).

Steam makes modding of any game harder because it overwrites any modified game files in its inventory list files (*.NCF/*.ACF) whenever you verify files or whenever a game is automatically updated. As for backing up the game before modding, you can do that with any non-Steam installed game as well, and you don't have to worry about an autoupdate client screwing up the files.
Might be easier for using Steam for backing up entire game, if you want to have a full clean back-up just in case. Plus, I believe that version only uses Steam DRM.

But, you're right - could be a hassle for doing the actual modding of the game itself. You'd have to turn off auto-updates; not verify the caches; and hope some update isn't forced onto you.

I doubt NBA 2K12 is getting any more updates - last official update (on Steam) was in March on Steam.

I'd be in for the non-Steam version of that bundle.
I'm uncertain still.

I want to play my games. I'm on my second new motherboard and second new graphics card, AND three support techs and 4 big pc sites are all scratching their head at my bizarre issue of the board not reading my card. Hoping I can get my brother to bring his older pc over hoping we can swap cards and either put an end to the this. Or deepen the mystery.

But I guess it doesn't really matter. Twins are being born within hours or sooner, and my nephew is sick so we can't get near each other since I'll have premature twins. I'm just here passing time till the.lil guys show up.

^^^
You better get your game time in before your twins are born; no more games for you after that!

Congrats nonetheless :)

**As for me, I can't stop playing Warlock; hecka fun game!

[quote name='MysterD']
Might be easier for using Steam for backing up entire game[/QUOTE]
Steam backups are a waste of time because you have to have Steam installed and be online to restore and actually play the game due to the encryption in the backup file format and the fact that Steam has to check and validate the restored files online. With a normal game you can simply archive the game installation folder using something like WinRAR (which has better compression anyway). Most modern games don't actually require any pre-existing registry settings or user-specific configuration files or if they do, they recreate them on first launch. For the few that do need some registry setting, I simply make and save a *.reg file too and double-click this after restoring the game.

Coupon is "1GFT82012 " (for extra 20% off).
Thanks for the code.

[quote name='MysterD']It's in this thread.
Coupon is "1GFT82012 " (for extra 20% off).[/QUOTE]
Y'know, I tried that and it told me I could "only use the code once on my account" and that it was already used. Last time I bought something from GameFly was months ago, and it WASN'T that code.

Odd.

Square Enix Ultimate Collection is back, include

1. Just Cause 2 [Download]
2. Kane and Lynch 2 [Download]
3. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light [Download]
4. Supreme Commander 2 [Download]
5. Tomb Raider: Underworld [Download]

All are steam redeemable exclude Tomb Raider: Underworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back