Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, let's keep this thread on-topic with Amazon deals. Tony works hard to communicate with us - let's not muck up the thread with arguments about Steam and force him to look for posts that ask him questions.

[quote name='inm8num2']Guys, let's keep this thread on-topic with Amazon deals. Tony works hard to communicate with us - let's not muck up the thread with arguments about Steam and force him to look for posts that ask him questions.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty simple - offer both DRM-FREE and Steam-key solutions, when games don't flat-out require Steamworks.

Everybody wins.

[quote name='MysterD']It's pretty simple - offer both DRM-FREE and Steam-key solutions, when games don't flat-out require Steamworks.

Everybody wins.[/QUOTE]

They've done that for some games (e.g. Civ IV, Bioshock) but implementing these options for every single game would take a long time and a lot of work, I imagine.

[quote name='inm8num2']Guys, let's keep this thread on-topic with Amazon deals. Tony works hard to communicate with us - let's not muck up the thread with arguments about Steam and force him to look for posts that ask him questions.[/QUOTE]

It is on topic (mostly) - this is a community vetting deals, which I believe is exactly what Tony preached when he first started posting. Beyond that, most companies would be highly envious of having such customers as engaged as us. This is market research you cannot buy, and we're spending our time to give for free to Tony and whoever else watches this forum. I know I would be stoked to have this anecdotal dialog happening while at the same time sitting on mountains of actual sales data (Steam vs. other sales) to do my job.

[quote name='MysterD']It's pretty simple - offer both DRM-FREE and Steam-key solutions, when games don't flat-out require Steamworks.

Everybody wins.[/QUOTE]

Could not possibly agree more.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot'] I use Amazon as a service for games anyway, works great, but there becomes a point where gaming feels too much like work if I actually need to keep track of every place I own a DD of a game.

Not trying to say Steam is good or bad one way or another but in some situations it's handy.[/QUOTE]

True. However, with bundles and the like, it's not the only place I have games. That's just reality. The trade-off is I've gotten these other games for great prices. I'm enough of a cheap-ass to live with that.

I do wish I had a better tool for keeping track of what I have where.

Does anyone have a recommendation for any sort of organizer software that works well for tracking game ownership, download locations, etc?

[quote name='inm8num2']The dialogue and discussion of ideas are great, but for awhile it was turning into a pro-Steam/anti-Steam flame war.[/QUOTE]

While I do like Steam, I do prefer DRM-FREE - in MOST instances...
For modding purposes and actual owning purposes, it can feel more so like it's YOURS.

Since Steam DRM's forced on most Steam-versions of games, what annoys me is when games sold on Steam have another 3rd-party client or extra-DRM attached to it - i.e. GTA4 Steam-versions have Securom, RSC, G4WL, and Steam.
I try to go for the least amount of DRM layers, if possible...

I wish Amazon DVG would get a hold of Dark Souls PTD without any Steam. :p G4WL alone is more than enough on any G4WL-required game, thanks.

On topic:

Does Amazon carry Team 17 Digital titles? I see here that Worms WAS carried digitally, but the page says it's no longer available.

I ask because a new Worms game (Worms Revolution) is now available for pre-order. Steam was doing a 4-pack on the game, but suddenly they've removed that option.

Could Amazon match the 4-pack Steam deal or come up with one of their own? Or does Amazon carry Team 17 Digital games at all?

[quote name='gilby']
I do wish I had a better tool for keeping track of what I have where.

Does anyone have a recommendation for any sort of organizer software that works well for tracking game ownership, download locations, etc?[/QUOTE]

I set my back-ups and install-folder myself by forced game-service or by where I bought the game from. It's as easy as that.

Regardless of whether you like or dislike Steam, I believe Origin and Uplay fragmentation will probably be the future of digital distribution.

It comes down to value added. As physical distribution is slowly fading away, publishers cannot allow a competitor to own the main retail gateway for their products. Otherwise they become little more than marketing companies instead of gatekeepers. Same with other players such as Microsoft, Apple, Gamestop, ect.

So, we'll continue to see more and more fragmentation with digital distribution "stores" baked in to the DRM.

Amazon presents a great way to deal with all of this as purchasing through them provides you a certain level of customer service and a second party to get a rememdy if the game doesn't live up to the publishers promises (is shipped broken, etc.)

Plus, Steam's customer service is horrid. Great gaming client. Great developer. Excellent CEO. Terrible to deal with if you have a unique question or a problem.

So I'll always buy Amazon, all other factors like price being equal.

[quote name='MysterD']While I do like Steam, I do prefer DRM-FREE - in MOST instances...
For modding purposes and actual owning purposes, it can feel more so like it's YOURS.

Since Steam DRM's forced on most Steam-versions of games, what annoys me is when games sold on Steam have another 3rd-party client or extra-DRM attached to it - i.e. GTA4 Steam-versions have Securom, RSC, G4WL, and Steam.
I try to go for the least amount of DRM layers, if possible...

I wish Amazon DVG would get a hold of Dark Souls PTD without any Steam. :p G4WL alone is more than enough on any G4WL-required game, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I feel you. But we've reached a point where Steam is highly influential, and publishers/developers want their games on the platform. As much as they'd like, I don't know if Amazon can strongly influence the DRM that certain games have. I know they've done a solid job with offering some games DRM-free (I think certain UbiSoft titles?).

Personally, I don't buy anything with multiple layers of DRM. Steam is tolerable but I prefer DRM-free also. However, I don't mind having games in more than one place. A handy Google doc spreadsheet makes managing this very easy. Unless someone has thousands of games, I can't imagine why someone would have difficulty keeping track. Remember the days of typing in the folder location on the C:\ drive?

I mainly have games through Steam, GOG, and Amazon, while to a lesser extent with Green Man Gaming and GamersGate. Best thing people can do is just keep track with a spreadsheet. But I tend to always remember where each game is anyway.

For Amazon, I can foresee them enhancing their game download features in the future. If they focus too much on just selling Steam keys, they might hurt their potential to be a service provider rather than a key seller. After all, Amazon's bread and butter is delivering content, especially since the Kindle came out along with video streaming.

[quote name='nategator']Regardless of whether you like or dislike Steam, I believe Origin and Uplay fragmentation will probably be the future of digital distribution.[/quote]
I agree. I see more companies will likely want to cut out any sort of middlemen and go out to have their own solution like that to sell their stuff directly to the users.

Amazon presents a great way to deal with all of this as purchasing through them provides you a certain level of customer service and a second party to get a rememdy if the game doesn't live up to the publishers promises (is shipped broken, etc.)

Plus, Steam's customer service is horrid. Great gaming client. Great developer. Excellent CEO. Terrible to deal with if you have a unique question or a problem.
I agree. One of the things I like about Amazon DVG and Gamersgate is if you run out of activations, they'll run you another key. Awesome.

So I'll always buy Amazon, all other factors like price being equal.
...Or if Amazon DVG's price is better. :p

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah - when is Dark Souls PTD Edition hitting $10 on Amazon DVG? ;)[/QUOTE]
around the same time as Darksiders 2 $10 - soon!

[quote name='omgoblins']

If people are only buying Steam games or only want to buy steam games, that's fine, but why are they CONSTANTLY letting everyone know on here, or complaining that a game doesn't have Steam DRM? If it doesn't then move along, only shop at the Steam Store, etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile I will enjoy saving money and getting a greater amount and variety of games by using different avenues and getting the best deal. I don't go around the Steam thread bragging about that, I don't go around bragging about that on this thread, but people are always quick to say "oh it not's steam- it SUCKS!" "I only buy steam games, just wanted to let everybody know how cool that makes me, lol" "oh that games non-steam? lol no thanks, it's pretty much unplayable I mean, how do you even know where its installed lol? how do you even update it lol? how do you even remember that you own it lol?"

People make the darndest arguments sometimes.[/QUOTE]

You are a condescending asshat and your complaining taking up multiple pages of this thread has more than made up for this talk of Steam that has apparently destroyed your psyche. Stating a differing opinion is one thing but arguing with every other person, calling anyone with a different preference lazy, and not knowing when to let something go is another.

And lol. This. lol. Is. lol annoying lol. And. lol. Makes. lol. You. lol. Look. lol. Crazy. :roll:

Thank you Tony and for all the others who post Amazon deals and don't derail the thread like a special bus going off a cliff.

Statlerandwaldorf.JPG

[quote name='Severose']
Statlerandwaldorf.JPG
[/QUOTE]

If that was directed at me, being compared to a muppet is the one of the highest compliments you could ever bestow upon me. Thank you.

[quote name='SeymourGams']If that was directed at me, being compared to a muppet is the one of the highest compliments you could ever bestow upon me. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's an expression of what I feel when I look at the past few pages. ;)

[quote name='omgoblins'] If you are crying because you don't have enough space for your games, then quit spending money on games and get a 1TB drive for $60-$100 and have enough space for games for the next 5 years!
[/QUOTE]

If it takes you 5 years to buy a single terabyte of games, you're not buying enough games.

Jussayen.

:cool:

[quote name='Idiotekque']I think the (rather heated) sentiments aimed towards ones constantly pushing for Steam games comes from the idea that Amazon's selection will slowly be more inclined towards Steam keys instead of DRM-free.

In the not so distant past, it's seemed like Amazon sells DRM-free games "unless stated otherwise". More recently, there's more and more Steam keys being sold, and occasionally that ends up being the only option when you're buying something through Amazon.

In general, Amazon lets you choose DRM-free OR Steam, and I love that. I hope that continues, because I love both sides of the coin.

That said, I do understand the sentiment that the more and more people complain for Steam versions, the less DRM-free versions we will see. There may be one or two cases where that has been true, but nothing serious. Now that a massive bundle of games is going to be sold though, which originally could have been a DRM-free bundle, people chimed in over and over again that they wanted the bundle to be all Steam, and what's happening?

The bundle is going to be all Steam.

So it's not really jumping at ghosts and making a fuss over nothing when you can clearly see that Steam lovers play some part in influencing the versions being sold. I don't really mind either way (and I like Steam versions so that I can sell what I don't want), but like I said, I understand the frustration.

But who knows? There may be a DRM-free version of this latest bundle all the same. Time will tell.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nobody was complaining about the 1c complete pack being a mix of steam and drm free games. Yet with this new possible strategy first bundle the majority of people pushed for an all steam bundle so tony comes back and says he too will push for an all steam bundle. This makes no sense to me because you would just get a random mix of games. It's like everyone just wants to win that "meta-game" of having the biggest steam library. If you want all your games tied to one account, buy from amazon and they are all tied to that account already.

I would be pretty disappointed if amazon does come back with an all steam strategy first bundle as that would be promoting steam and not drm free games. If there is any sort of thematic bundle/bundle that makes sense next to that steam bundle, then I could care less about that steam bundle as I will just ignore it (unless it has some good games as a great price.)

in the end, it's all about the games. I could care less what platform they use. Steam is the much preffered drm if there is drm. I actually would rather have all of my games on steam for many of the reasons already mentioned. But drm free games are already tied to your amazon account and can be added to my steam library. I don't get this strong push for steam or go home.

TL/DR- all you steam-heads are lazy people who don't get the point of buying a game/bundle because you enjoy it's content. Also, please don't rebuttlal my observations as you all had your say in the last few pages. it's all about the games, man. Hopefully tony understands this and puts out some thematic strategy first bundles along with that steam one.

You're going to get a random mix of games no matter what, with the exception of perhaps just a strategy bundle. The other stuff is too disparate. Someone had a racing bundle that was MAYBE 1/3 actual racing games. When you're having the throw in random qualifiers like "Well, games where you use a vehicle are kinda similar I guess?" it's time to move on from that theme. Maybe a fantasy or broad military bundle. Either way you're likely getting a load of awful games mixed in to fit the themes.

1. Amazon is great because they offer both DRM and DRM-Free versions of the same game. The market is shifting towards DRM-free anyway, so just chill out and enjoy the ride. Some people are willing to suffer having Steam DRM for the advantages. If you are not one of those people, just relax and move on. I doubt you get this worked up about differences in Religion or Politics.

2. Can't wait for those 1C bundles, however they are packaged and whenever they come out. I would imagine that on your end (Tony) it would be easier to make a single key with steam and activates everything, but that feels kind of weird since you would in essence just be a steam reseller, and not a game reseller (because you'd have to go to steam, another store, and work with them to get the bundle released). I guess you are trying to get the game manager on Amazon fixed so displaying 50 some keys isn't such a pain like it is now. My idea would be to put them in a group, and have the group minimizable. Call it "1C Bundle name" and when you maximize it, it shows all the individual games, keys and installers. Maybe not pictures because that would take a lot of space. Just one box art for the whole group? I'm weirdly excited about this bundle so we need to get it out already!

I posted a racing/vehicle/ship control bundle a few pages back. If you look at the games, they weren't really random. An all racing bundle would have only been about 10-15 games, not the 25-30 tony had said he needed.

But that's totally a bizaare bundle. When you're including something like Victorian Admirals in the same category as Flatout, it's barely thematic anymore. Just shoving more adjectives into the title doesn't somehow make it match or make any sort of sense. At that point you might as well include Disciples because you ride a horse on the campaign map.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also said those games looked like crap. I don't see anyone else posting bundles. All the other games are racing/vehicle control games, not one adventure game in there. Patronize me if you will, but you are the same idiots saying steam or go home.

Take a few days off and this thread exploded into a steam/DRM debate.

What happened the hamsters and Tony deciding that my wallet has not been abused enough.

More sales or the hamster gets it!!

500x_hamster_heels_511.jpg

[quote name='Shrowd']Take a few days off and this thread exploded into a steam/DRM debate.

What happened the hamsters and Tony deciding that my wallet has not been abused enough.

More sales or the hamster gets it!!

500x_hamster_heels_511.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those boots remind me of the movie I'm gonna git you sucka. The pimp of the year wore boots with goldfish in the heels.

I will buy whichever bundle has Jagged Alliance/Jagged Alliance 2 in it. Regardless of if it's a Steam key or not. I recently started in on Back in Action and Crossfire and want to go back and want to go back to see the originals. ;)

So, uhh, what did everyone get during Tony's Labor Day extravaganza?

My Haul:
The Disney Bundle (Lego Pirates, PotC:AWE, G-Force, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, and Disney U)
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Topware Bundle

I had to pass on the Max Payne 3 Gold Box deal, b/c one of the lightning deals that day was a PS3 Move Bundle for $50 which I couldn't resist. Since then I've bought 2 Move games and a 2nd set of controllers from Amazon and 4 ps3 games from that goHastings sale. So I had to pass on ME3 and KoA:R :cry: Maybe the'll show up again sometime.

[quote name='golfer']TL/DR- all you steam-heads are lazy people who don't get the point of buying a game/bundle because you enjoy it's content. Also, please don't rebuttlal my observations as you all had your say in the last few pages. it's all about the games, man.[/QUOTE]

You would make a great Republican politician.

[quote name='walkonshadows']I also agree with the text wall God, he is most correct and has earned my faith in his deity. All shall come to know the love of the wall-of-text and be complacent in his love.

@Tony What about having a master list of 30+ games (whatever it is) and a set price for 20 of them or so, and every gets to pick from that list. If they were all going on sale anyway, as in the case of the 1C bundle, all of them. Then why not set a lower total number (whenever the tech guys find the magic limit) and let the customer build their own package "build-a-bundle style"?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='voken']Well, how can I compete with that wall of text?

Anyway, while Amazon has many things they need to learn/fix in their digital downloads selections (like multiple game orders as stupidproz pointed out), they had 1 major thing that Steam had not been able to compete well with...customer service.

Any problem from Steam takes days through their Support. Amazon, I can call them up and talk to a person almost immediately. Heck, they even refund digital games apparently (as I learned here in the forum)
Yes, I know that digital games do not officially get refunded but was making a point.

If you ever get locked out of Steam, you're boned for at least a couple of days (rare but would still suck)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']I love Steam, and I love DRM-free. In a perfect Amazon world, we could have each choice every time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']It was sort of asked recently, but is there an ETA on when the Kalypso Bundle is going to run?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']I think the (rather heated) sentiments aimed towards ones constantly pushing for Steam games comes from the idea that Amazon's selection will slowly be more inclined towards Steam keys instead of DRM-free.

In the not so distant past, it's seemed like Amazon sells DRM-free games "unless stated otherwise". More recently, there's more and more Steam keys being sold, and occasionally that ends up being the only option when you're buying something through Amazon.

In general, Amazon lets you choose DRM-free OR Steam, and I love that. I hope that continues, because I love both sides of the coin.

That said, I do understand the sentiment that the more and more people complain for Steam versions, the less DRM-free versions we will see. There may be one or two cases where that has been true, but nothing serious. Now that a massive bundle of games is going to be sold though, which originally could have been a DRM-free bundle, people chimed in over and over again that they wanted the bundle to be all Steam, and what's happening?

The bundle is going to be all Steam.

So it's not really jumping at ghosts and making a fuss over nothing when you can clearly see that Steam lovers play some part in influencing the versions being sold. I don't really mind either way (and I like Steam versions so that I can sell what I don't want), but like I said, I understand the frustration.

But who knows? There may be a DRM-free version of this latest bundle all the same. Time will tell.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']What this thread needs is more Amazon deals![/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah - when is Dark Souls PTD Edition hitting $10 on Amazon DVG? ;)[/QUOTE]

Everybody wins.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='inm8num2']They've done that for some games (e.g. Civ IV, Bioshock) but implementing these options for every single game would take a long time and a lot of work, I imagine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lint21']It is on topic (mostly) - this is a community vetting deals, which I believe is exactly what Tony preached when he first started posting. Beyond that, most companies would be highly envious of having such customers as engaged as us. This is market research you cannot buy, and we're spending our time to give for free to Tony and whoever else watches this forum. I know I would be stoked to have this anecdotal dialog happening while at the same time sitting on mountains of actual sales data (Steam vs. other sales) to do my job.

Could not possibly agree more.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='golfer']I posted a racing/vehicle/ship control bundle a few pages back. If you look at the games, they weren't really random. An all racing bundle would have only been about 10-15 games, not the 25-30 tony had said he needed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tmwfte']I will buy whichever bundle has Jagged Alliance/Jagged Alliance 2 in it. Regardless of if it's a Steam key or not. I recently started in on Back in Action and Crossfire and want to go back and want to go back to see the originals. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh.my.god. I went on a date last night, got home late, and thought to myself "maybe I should check CAG to see what's going on".

Got home, laid down and thought "nah, those guys are probably fine"...apparently WW3 started while I was gone.

I didn't quote all of the back and forth on Steam vs. Non Steam, but I think I captured most of the key points.

To address:

1. While I appreciate the passion and love that we just had 3 pages of "good?" discussion, please don't call each other names or "talk" down to one another. We're all pretty cool with each other here and let's keep it that way. Welcome to the newcomers by the way.

2. We'll continue to push for DRM free and Steam versions of everything we can, as someone noted though, this task is Herculean and we have a small team working on it. DRM free is definitely still a focus for us though, even though the market is admittedly smaller. I haven't pushed this message out in a while but if you scroll back through CAG thread 1 you'll note, "if you want us to make a bigger push towards DRM free games, meaning assign more resources to running them down and getting them up, then buy more of the good ones that we have up :)" right now we literally look at sales data, run tests, determine what's working, and then go do more of that (what's working).

3. Sorry for the delayed responses lately, again, I think I mentioned, I've had quite a bit of personal stuff going on in my life that I've been sorting through.

4. Next week's deal will be "The Walking Dead" for 40% off. I'm working on the rest of the Telltale catalog as well but we're still haggling over pricepoint.

5. Also, sorry about the issue with the 1C bundle, if I'd known we were going to have issues with it I would have held off on priming it here with you guys. Not cool, hopefully we can get this SFI bundle in place, run some tests, and figure out how to fix the issue sooner rather than later.

[quote name='Seraphym']So, uhh, what did everyone get during Tony's Labor Day extravaganza?

My Haul:
The Disney Bundle (Lego Pirates, PotC:AWE, G-Force, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, and Disney U)
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Topware Bundle

I had to pass on the Max Payne 3 Gold Box deal, b/c one of the lightning deals that day was a PS3 Move Bundle for $50 which I couldn't resist. Since then I've bought 2 Move games and a 2nd set of controllers from Amazon and 4 ps3 games from that goHastings sale. So I had to pass on ME3 and KoA:R :cry: Maybe the'll show up again sometime.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you had a good haul :). ME3 and KoA:R will definitely come back, I'm working on stuff with EA currently.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,

Did I miss that deal on the Borderlands 2 pre-order with the code for getting extra off the 4-pack? I can't see anything about it anymore.

Thanks!

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Hey Tony,

Did I miss that deal on the Borderlands 2 pre-order with the code for getting extra off the 4-pack? I can't see anything about it anymore.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

We had this promo where if you'd ever purchased Borderlands GOTY from us you got an additional 10% off.

Thad deal is now over though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='golfer']Any news on any sort of strategy first bundle? Will this still happen before the 1c complete pack or has the idea been scrapped?[/QUOTE]

The Strategy First bundle will happen before the 1C bundle. We're using it to figure out how to make the 1C bundle work.

Currently running down Steam keys and DRM free/updated builds for everything.

Cheers,
Tony

Endlessly waiting for bundles is going to be the death of me. ;)

I should really start playing many of the things I've already bought instead of driving myself crazy in anticipation (Humble and Indie Royale Bundles, I'm mainly looking at you).

Tony,

I've noticed that I get a lot of emails from Amazon about video game deals, which is great. However, the emails usually contain deals that have been advertised here and recently on sale, after the sale is over. Maybe this is an intentional push to get more sales from people who missed the events, but the mails would be more useful imo if they highlighted the games while they were on sale instead of telling me about a great sale, and then showing me normal retail price. Anyone you can talk to about this if it isn't a deliberate marketing ploy?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The Strategy First bundle will happen before the 1C bundle. We're using it to figure out how to make the 1C bundle work.

Currently running down Steam keys and DRM free/updated builds for everything.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

hey tony,
are the games in the strategy first bundle gonna be included in the 1C bundle after you figure out how to make it work?

[quote name='xamon']hey tony,
are the games in the strategy first bundle gonna be included in the 1C bundle after you figure out how to make it work?[/QUOTE]

I know I'm not tony, but I think I could safely say the answer to your question is no. The bundles are completely unrelated. They are doing the strategy first bundles to try to figure out how to give people a large mix of steam and drm-free games. If they added more to the 1c complete pack, that would only make things more difficult.

[quote name='Genocidal']Tony,

I've noticed that I get a lot of emails from Amazon about video game deals, which is great. However, the emails usually contain deals that have been advertised here and recently on sale, after the sale is over. Maybe this is an intentional push to get more sales from people who missed the events, but the mails would be more useful imo if they highlighted the games while they were on sale instead of telling me about a great sale, and then showing me normal retail price. Anyone you can talk to about this if it isn't a deliberate marketing ploy?[/QUOTE]

Same here

Yesterday I got an email recommending Inversion for $39.95 but I've already got it for $9.98 lol

Always wondered why do I get Amazon deal emails "after" the deals are over !

[quote name='xamon']hey tony,
are the games in the strategy first bundle gonna be included in the 1C bundle after you figure out how to make it work?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='golfer']I know I'm not tony, but I think I could safely say the answer to your question is no. The bundles are completely unrelated. They are doing the strategy first bundles to try to figure out how to give people a large mix of steam and drm-free games. If they added more to the 1c complete pack, that would only make things more difficult.[/QUOTE]

Golfer scores a hole in one.

[quote name='Genocidal']Tony,

I've noticed that I get a lot of emails from Amazon about video game deals, which is great. However, the emails usually contain deals that have been advertised here and recently on sale, after the sale is over. Maybe this is an intentional push to get more sales from people who missed the events, but the mails would be more useful imo if they highlighted the games while they were on sale instead of telling me about a great sale, and then showing me normal retail price. Anyone you can talk to about this if it isn't a deliberate marketing ploy?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']Same here

Yesterday I got an email recommending Inversion for $39.95 but I've already got it for $9.98 lol

Always wondered why do I get Amazon deal emails "after" the deals are over ![/QUOTE]

I am curious about this:

1. It is not a deliberate action and is quite concerning for me.
2. Are you getting emails advertising prices that don't exist? Or emails advertising games you've already purchased at a price higher than what you bought it for?

Thanks for the question. Interested to hear your answer.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

I am curious about this:

2. Are you getting emails advertising prices that don't exist? Or emails advertising games you've already purchased at a price higher than what you bought it for?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

In my case, it was a recommendation for Spec Ops: The Line after I had already purchased it during your Summer Sale. It was for the regular price, not the sale price that was over, though. I think it's automated, based on purchase and browsing history.

EDIT: Also, any chance on getting a Steam version of The First Templar? I'm tempted at the current price anyway, but that would be a clincher. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I am curious about this:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I've had a few e-mails like this. Usually it's for games I've already purchased, along with similar titles. I have a feeling that the e-mails are generated by the "users who bought this game might also be interested in this one" feature.

For example, after I bought the first Paradox Pack, I got an e-mail asking, "Are you looking for something in our PC Strategy Games department? If so, you might be interested in these items." What followed was a list of Paradox titles, most (but not all) of which I'd just bought. Each title was listed at its individual price, which was obviously a lot more than I'd just spent for the bundle.

Not every e-mail looks backward like that, though. I got an e-mail this morning for the Topware bundle that's the current DOTW. (Not sure why I'm getting that e-mail on a Thursday, when the deal started on Sunday... but that's another issue.)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Golfer scores a hole in one.

I am curious about this:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

In my case I never get emails for your big deals and sometimes I get them in the last days

Other recommendations are for random games but "after" sales are over and most of the times I already got those games during your awesome deals

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I am curious about this:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

In my case, I got an email yesterday for the Desert to Sea Bundle (Spec Ops + Bioshocks) advertising it at the full $90 price. I didn't purchase the bundle, but looked at the page and forwarded it on to a friend or two during the sale.

Possibly related, I noticed some of the Amazon deals posted on Deals4Downloads have been out of whack lately posting old expired deals as new or current.

I believe they get their info based on RSS feeds if that helps narrow the cause down any.

Hey Tony, I asked a couple questions that got lost in the Steam vs. DRM-free snafu.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It was sort of asked recently, but is there an ETA on when the Kalypso Bundle is going to run?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']On topic:

Does Amazon carry Team 17 Digital titles? I see here that Worms WAS carried digitally, but the page says it's no longer available.

I ask because a new Worms game (Worms Revolution) is now available for pre-order. Steam was doing a 4-pack on the game, but suddenly they've removed that option.

Could Amazon match the 4-pack Steam deal or come up with one of their own? Or does Amazon carry Team 17 Digital games at all?

Steam's 4-pack came back, so I'll probably bite on that in the meantime, but it still would be nice to know what Amazon's relation with Team 17 Digital is.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for putting up with us. ;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hey Tony, I asked a couple questions that got lost in the Steam vs. DRM-free snafu.

Thanks for putting up with us. ;)[/QUOTE]

We're waiting on Steam keys for the Kalypso bundle, i'll likely run soon if we don't get them.

I'm not following your other question, can you restate?

Also CAG testbed.

Tell me the first thing you notice on this page please:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047T7UDU

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back