Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're waiting on Steam keys for the Kalypso bundle, i'll likely run soon if we don't get them.

I'm not following your other question, can you restate?

Also CAG testbed.

Tell me the first thing you notice on this page please:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047T7UDU

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

DRM Tag at top mentions Steam! A bit small text-wise, though.

Also, you removed the old location in the specifications!!

[quote name='randomdud']DRM Tag at top mentions Steam! A bit small text-wise, though.

Also, you removed the old location in the specifications!![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I can't mess with the text size :(. I have no idea why it got erased from the specs section. I'll put that back in.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not following your other question, can you restate?[/QUOTE]
Hm, not sure how else I can put it. Does Amazon carry the developer/publisher Team 17 Digital's games? They're the people who make the Worms games.

And if so, are you going to have a deal on the new Worms game coming out: Worms Revolution?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're waiting on Steam keys for the Kalypso bundle, i'll likely run soon if we don't get them.

Also CAG testbed.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

He's asking if you carry or plan to carry any Worms games or games by the same dev.

On that page I notice the picture of the product, then the title to confirm the picture, then price, then the platform area, and then the little ad in the middle for deal of the week.

But that's really just due to how I've trained myself to look at Amazon DVG game pages to get the information I need ASAP.

Edit: Didn't notice the DRM section until Randomdud pointed it out, but great addition! Now I will look for it if I know it is there.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hm, not sure how else I can put it. Does Amazon carry the developer/publisher Team 17 Digital's games? They're the people who make the Worms games.

And if so, are you going to have a deal on the new Worms game coming out: Worms Revolution?[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks got it.

1. No we don't
2. We will seek parity if we get a deal in place
3. I'll let you know if it looks like this is going to happen in the near future.

Cheers,
Tony

I think the "Steam account required for activation" should also remain in the specifications section along with a tag at the top. That way nobody can miss it.

Also CAG testbed.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the first thing I noticed, but I really like the DRM near the top and easy to find. If you can't change font size, maybe a different color would help it stick out

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']He's asking if you carry or plan to carry any Worms games or games by the same dev.

On that page I notice the picture of the product, then the title to confirm the picture, then price, then the platform area, and then the little ad in the middle for deal of the week.

But that's really just due to how I've trained myself to look at Amazon DVG game pages to get the information I need ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks dude, just answered.

Also, I wanted to make sure people who don't work at Amazon can see the DRM display on page.

Now, to hunt down this information for each game from all of our vendors.

Cheers,
Tony

Also CAG testbed.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are you going to list DRM for ALL Amazon DVG games?
Will DRM be listed for Non-Steam games at the top, too?

[quote name='MysterD']Are we going to list DRM for ALL Amazon DVG games?
Will DRM be listed for Non-Steam games at the top, too?[/QUOTE]

That's the gameplan. Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That's the gameplan. Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Geez....that's gonna take A LONG while to update the AMAZON DVG inventory for EVERY game you guys are selling, if you are going to actually go through w/ this...

All this talk about the 1c bundle is distracting Tony from his most important task of acquiring Final Fantasy 7 download rights. Pfft... we need to get our priorities back in place.

And who has a countdown clock to when Borderlands 2 comes out? I am looking forward to many lost nights of sleep.

[quote name='Shrowd']All this talk about the 1c bundle is distracting Tony from his most important task of acquiring Final Fantasy 7 download rights. Pfft... we need to get our priorities back in place.
[/QUOTE]

I'd rather Tony convince Square Enix to port EVERY single FF game over to the PC -- FF1 up to FFXIII-2.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']

But that's really just due to how I've trained myself to look at Amazon DVG game pages to get the information I need ASAP.

Edit: Didn't notice the DRM section until Randomdud pointed it out, but great addition! Now I will look for it if I know it is there.[/QUOTE]

Same here

[quote name='hal']Same here[/QUOTE]

Font's a little small for the DRM though.
Maybe, Tony should just add a Steam symbol next to the DRM label for "Steam", like so:
steam_logo.jpg

EDIT:
Can anyone find a smaller image link for me to embed?
This image = huge!

[quote name='equalsP']The market is shifting towards DRM-free anyway, so just chill out and enjoy the ride. [/QUOTE]

I will chill as soon as you share whatever it is you've been smoking. What gives you the impression the movement is away from DRM? If anything, these competing PC client platforms are indicative of publishers' greater focus on their own DRM. These DRM-free offerings in the recent Amazon bundle sales, while nice, are not AAA titles.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Cool thanks dude, just answered.

Also, I wanted to make sure people who don't work at Amazon can see the DRM display on page.

Now, to hunt down this information for each game from all of our vendors.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hooray, maybe soon there won't be six posts everytime I deal is revealed asking if it activates on Steam!

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']Hooray, maybe soon there won't be six posts everytime I deal is revealed asking if it activates on Steam![/QUOTE]

I just want to know if any Amazon DVG game activates up on Beamdog. [shrug]
;)

icon-steam.png
[quote name='MysterD']Adding a Non-Steam Game is an important feature, IMHO. It lets other gamers and Friends KNOW what you're playing on Steam - even if you are not playing a Steam-version game. That's the point of it.

Examples:
--If you say bought Borderlands from Steam, yet I own it from Retail. If I add my Non-Steam Borderlands to Steam and you bought it from Steam and you're my Friends - well, we can contact each other and get ourselves on GameSpy (since BL uses that for middleware for MP-play) and get playing together!
--Do you think people are using Origin for its Community? I know I don't! If I don't need to run Origin to run a game, it ain't open!

Maybe I'm playing some off-the-wall game I bought from Gamersgate like White Gold or The Precursors. Maybe, a Friend contacts me and is curious "Hey, Derick - what the hell is this game you're playing?"

Exactly.

I just FORCE my games to be installed to a folder named AFTER what service the game forces or where I bought the game from. EASY to keep track of.
I don't do that for Steam games, though - though, it might change, w/ the new workaround going around in the new Steam Beta.

100% agreed.

PC gaming has never died or even come close to collapse. PC gaming lost NPD sales at retail b/c Steam and other digital sales rose. Now, it's pretty much digital running the show of where to buy PC games. I hardly see any PC games at my local B&M GameStop. B&M Best Buy - sure, they have a few racks of PC games, but nowhere like they USED to, a few years back.

I go where the prices go, normally.
If say Gamersgate is selling a game cheaper, they're going to get my money.
GOG is hard to resist, b/c of their DRM-FREE nature and often b/c of the extra they throw in - especially during 50% off or better sales.
Often, I wind-up trying to buy a version of a game w/ the least amount of DRM around it, as well.[/QUOTE]
You had me at nude mods. :applause:
[quote name='MysterD']Font's a little small for the DRM though.
Maybe, Tony should just add a Steam symbol next to the DRM label for "Steam", like so:
steam_logo.jpg

EDIT:
Can anyone find a smaller image link for me to embed?
This image = huge![/QUOTE]
Sure can
steam-icon.png
This image = itty bitty!!!

or if that's too big, how's this?

steam.gif

There's an image there somewhere.

Where's Steam?

icon-steam.png

microsteam
lmao

[quote name='MysterD']Geez....that's gonna take A LONG while to update the AMAZON DVG inventory for EVERY game you guys are selling, if you are going to actually go through w/ this...[/QUOTE]

Temps and/or interns 4 the win :applause::D:cool:

[quote name='sunasun']

Sure can
steam-icon.png
this image = itty bitty!!!
[/quote]
Perfect! :)

EDIT:
[quote name='sunasun']
[/quote]
LOL!
I love the PC's expansive list of customization, mods, Source Ports, digital download stores, and numerous other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunasun']
icon-steam.png

Sure can
steam-icon.png
This image = itty bitty!!!

or if that's too big, how's this?

steam.gif

There's an image there somewhere.

Where's Steam?

icon-steam.png

microsteam
lmao[/QUOTE]

Tony may want first to check in with Amazon's in-house legal department before using any of Valve's images.

Hey Tony talking about the possible Telltale Games sale, i think you guys don't sell Back to the Future the Game on Download for PC, any chances of seeing it during the sale?

Hey Tony,

Any word on when Borderlands 2 keys might be coming through? I'm really hoping I can preload so that I can get some time in before work on Tuesday. My nets are the dumps!

Didn't notice the DRM thing until you guys pointed it out, but then again I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't realy notice/care about the DRM until it interferes with me playing a game.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Hey Tony,

Any word on when Borderlands 2 keys might be coming through? I'm really hoping I can preload so that I can get some time in before work on Tuesday. My nets are the dumps![/QUOTE]

Would also like to know this.

I didn't notice that DRM section at all. I kept playing Where's Waldo? and staring at that page for 10 minutes then someone said something about DRM in the replies and I still didn't see it.

At that point I hit control F and typed in DRM and then I found it. I admit that I may not be the most observant but I don't think for me that it stood out or was easy to find in spite of being at the top. It sort of blends in.

Now that I know where to look I will be checking there however I'm not sure that any new people to the site will necessarily notice it right away.

Any word on when Borderlands 2 keys might be coming through? I'm really hoping I can preload so that I can get some time in before work on Tuesday. My nets are the dumps![/QUOTE]

[quote name='FQRizzo']Would also like to know this.[/QUOTE]

Third about wanting to know, apparently Green Man Gaming is getting keys now, and I am hosting a 4 pack so I would like to know so I can give a ETA on keys for my friends if keys are not here tonight, or the keys if they are here.

[quote name='KillingMachine']Hmm. So, this Amazon guy taking on Dane Cook.... Um, I mean Jake Solomon, in X-Com: Enemy Unknown seems familiar. Really looking forward to this game. It's looking awesome! Enjoyed watching the gameplay video. http://t.co/j5eMqZAv[/QUOTE]

Lol that's me :).

[quote name='dfg']I will chill as soon as you share whatever it is you've been smoking. What gives you the impression the movement is away from DRM? If anything, these competing PC client platforms are indicative of publishers' greater focus on their own DRM. These DRM-free offerings in the recent Amazon bundle sales, while nice, are not AAA titles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nategator']Tony may want first to check in with Amazon's in-house legal department before using any of Valve's images.[/QUOTE]

Lol no need to check with them. They take away your marketing license when you start putting competitor's brands on your products :).

We definitely want to communicate what DRM the games use, but we're also definitely not going to be engaging in brand based product placement :).

[quote name='jrodri86']Hey Tony talking about the possible Telltale Games sale, i think you guys don't sell Back to the Future the Game on Download for PC, any chances of seeing it during the sale?[/QUOTE]

I'm working on getting their full catalog. I need to check what's up with Marty and Doc.

[quote name='FQRizzo']Would also like to know this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Third about wanting to know, apparently Green Man Gaming is getting keys now, and I am hosting a 4 pack so I would like to know so I can give a ETA on keys for my friends if keys are not here tonight, or the keys if they are here.[/QUOTE]

You should all start getting your keys right now. Pre-load is live :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

You should all start getting your keys right now. Pre-load is live :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
*high fives you* you are the man.

So, exactly how does this work? Instead of showing me the 4 keys for the 4-pack it just has a download button which downloaded a file called Borderlands 2 4 Pack Downloader. I don't want to run it unless I'm sure that's what I'm supposed to do.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Keys received, now to wait for my friends to get online :D.

Any word on a Dishonored DD?[/QUOTE]

They are still refusing my offer of my firstborn child.

Cheers,
Tony

Well, I decided to run that Borderlands 2 4 Pack Downloader and it keeps giving me this error message:

"An error has occurred.

An unknown error occurred. Click OK to go to your Game and Software Library and download this item again."

I tried re-downloading it and it still gives me this error message. Am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='BMXJouster']So, exactly how does this work? Instead of showing me the 4 keys for the 4-pack it just has a download button which downloaded a file called Borderlands 2 4 Pack Downloader. I don't want to run it unless I'm sure that's what I'm supposed to do.[/QUOTE]

I just have 4 steam keys.

[quote name='FQRizzo']I just have 4 steam keys.[/QUOTE]

Is it listed below the quantity purchased line? Normally when I buy Steam games from Amazon it'll have my activation key(s) there, but I don't have that for my Borderlands 2 4-pack. I only have the Download button, which still doesn't work.

I think the forum is starting to flake up again. I can not go to last page. Also, I seemed to have missed several sales that did not update in the first post (disney bundles, etc). Most likely my fault for trying IE 10.

Well now I can go to page 514, although eariler clicking 514 would take me to 513.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Is it listed below the quantity purchased line? Normally when I buy Steam games from Amazon it'll have my activation key(s) there, but I don't have that for my Borderlands 2 4-pack. I only have the Download button, which still doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

PM me.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='ars9876']I think the forum is starting to flake up again. I can not go to last page. Also, I seemed to have missed several sales that did not update in the first post (disney bundles, etc). Most likely my fault for trying IE 10.

Well now I can go to page 514, although eariler clicking 514 would take me to 513.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this has happened to me multiple times, it says there is still one more page of posts yet when you click on it, it takes you to the page you were on (the real last page.) only happens when the thread is nearing the next page.

As for the Disney bundles, they did not update for anyone. I asked tony about it probably 10 pages back now and he said he thought he updated them but he must not have clicked submit. Sorry you missed out of those bundles, I picked up the kids and family bundle myself. Was a great deal, if he does them again I will pick up the gamer bundle.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For those of you even remotely interested in TERA. We'll have a $10 BOGO on the game in a couple of weeks. Just got the confirmation.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any deal is a good deal, thanks tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back