Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xanchui']I want Lara croft back at $1.99, don't know how I missed that =0[/QUOTE]

It was 1.99 WITH a 5 dollar coupon no less. You really missed the boat on that one.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It was 1.99 WITH a 5 dollar coupon no less. You really missed the boat on that one.[/QUOTE]

Lol ya, at least I got DD +coupon for $1.99. That was a very nice deal. =)

@Tony
Checked My Games/Software to see what's up w/ KOA: Reckoning.
So, around tomorrow at 10am PST, we will get out Amular game keys that we can register on Origin so we can pre-load/download it?

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Checked My Games/Software to see what's up w/ KOA: Reckoning.
So, around tomorrow at 10am PST, we will get out Amular game keys that we can register on Origin so we can pre-load/download it?[/QUOTE]

You should, yes. You'll also be charged at that time as we're delivering you bits. You'll get an email when everything is ready to roll. You should also be able to hear me shout "Wooohooo!" from my couch once the download begins...regardless of where you are.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You should, yes. You'll also be charged at that time as we're delivering you bits. You'll get an email when everything is ready to roll. You should also be able to hear me shout "Wooohooo!" from my couch once the download begins...regardless of where you are.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
All of this is fine w/ me. :D
Can we make this "Woohooo!" of yours our ringtone? :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Drabelincoln touched on credit, but if you look at the sales history our competitive edge has come in the form of simply having awesome deals. Some examples include:

1. Deus Ex: $9.99 MONTHS before anyone else
4. Borderlands GOTY: $5
[/QUOTE]

Please re run these two. I missed them... especially the borderlands goty.

@Tony

GameStop PC App [formerly Impulse] is going to have From Dust PC download for $3.75 for the first 100 people who get in on it at 1pm EST.

Do you guys at Amazon match these VERY Limited Time and/or Limited Customer deals that some of these other download stores like Origin and GameStop PC App do?

From their Facebook.

From their Twitter.
@GameStopDL GameStop Downloads
From Dust for 7% off in 2 hours! That's $3.75 for a game with a Metacritic score of 80! One of our favorite 'out of the box' games of 2011.
42 minutes ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by truepcgaming and others

Gamefly (formerly Direct2Drive) has :

Deus Ex HR for $14.99

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate for $7.49

Dragon Age 2 for $4.99

Hamsters have some work to do Tony ;)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Thanks Tony.

Got my KOA and bonus DLC preloading on Origin. Just have to hit redeem product code on Origin for both and works great. :D[/QUOTE]

I registered them on Origin, but Origin's lagging and going SLOW as HELL right now...Ugh.
Origin ain't even showing the game and bonus content key, even though it easily accepted both of them via its Origin activation.
Origin servers must be getting killed and getting bogged-down.

So, I'm DL this through Amazon DL [clicked Download from there]...getting nice 3.5 MB per sec DL speeds w/ them.

[quote name='MysterD']I registered them on Origin, but Origin's lagging and going SLOW as HELL right now...Ugh.
Origin ain't even showing the game and bonus content key, even though it easily accepted both of them via its Origin activation.
Origin servers must be getting killed and getting bogged-down.

So, I'm DL this through Amazon DL [clicked Download from there]...getting nice 3.5 MB per sec DL speeds w/ them.[/QUOTE]
My internet speeds are so slow that it's going at normal speed for me on origin :lol:.

Got it downloaded from Amazon [nice!] - but having troubles installing it, since it is forcing the install over Origin, once DL'ed from Amazon.
Error "100" or something.
CTD (Crash to Desktop) on install every time.
And those Origin services must be getting hammered. Getting a pop-up message on sign-in to Origin saying that there has been "connection issues."

EDIT:
Now I remember after Bioshock 1 PC, why I often normally do NOT buy games for Pre-Order, Pre-Load, or on Release Date - b/c the servers for activation, client issues, and dealing w/ the DRM [if there is any, usually is] can be a real pain in the neck.
It's like rolling a loaded-pair of dice, all w/ 1's plastered on each side of the die.
Royal crap-shoot.

For KOA: Reckoning PC...

I just did the entire key activations; full DL and install in one shot though Origin - got it DL'ed and installed fine, this time.

Maybe there is/was an issue w/ Amazon DL's installer for KOA: Reckoning...

[quote name='MysterD']For KOA: Reckoning PC...

I just did the entire key activations; full DL and install in one shot though Origin - got it DL'ed and installed fine, this time.

Maybe there is/was an issue w/ Amazon DL's installer for KOA: Reckoning...[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback on this, do you have any screenshots or specific error messages (saw the 100 message above) that you could send over for me to take a look at and forward along?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback on this, do you have any screenshots or specific error messages (saw the 100 message above) that you could send over for me to take a look at and forward along?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No, I don't...I didn't take any screens or anything, when I had all the problems.
But, yes - when using the Amazon DL installer for KOA: Reckoning. I had the "Error 100" message that it say I couldn't install the game. It would then CTD, right afterwards.
I ain't the only one that had this problem, either - see 38 Studios board here.

Others on the 38 Studios board said they got it going doing EVERYTHING through Origin. So, when I just took the keys themselves and activated them through Origin; DL'ed the entire thing through Origin; and let Origin install it - no problem whatsoever. Went smooth going ALL Origin here.
So, people who buy from Amazon for now might want to go the above paragraph-route.

[quote name='MysterD']No, I don't...I didn't take any screens or anything, when I had all the problems.
But, yes - when using the Amazon DL installer for KOA: Reckoning. I had the "Error 100" message that it say I couldn't install the game. It would then CTD, right afterwards.
I ain't the only one that had this problem, either - see 38 Studios board here.

Others on the 38 Studios board said they got it going doing EVERYTHING through Origin. So, when I just took the keys themselves and activated them through Origin; DL'ed the entire thing through Origin; and let Origin install it - no problem whatsoever. Went smooth going ALL Origin here.
So, people who buy from Amazon for now might want to go the above paragraph-route.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing me at that info and link, I'll be looking into this today/this weekend.

Sorry for the inconvenience man :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Killbomb']Is the version of KoA from Amazon going to unlock at noon on the 7th like the one on Steam or will it unlock at midnight?[/QUOTE]

Guess I should read the product description before posting next time. The game does unlock at midnight on the 7th!

You guys planning to sign WB soon?
MK Arcade Kollection just hit Steam.
Would like to see that hit Amazon DL service...and other WB games like FEAR 3, etc.[/QUOTE]

We are definitely working on it...hopefully there soon!

Also, just put Rayman Origins up for pre-order, plus when you pre-order you get Rayman 3 for free :).

Cheers,
Tony

So, when will we find out what next week's Deal of the Week is? :p[/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask I'm about to post it. Updated with deals starting tomorrow.

Any clue what happened to the Dragon Age 2 PC download page on amazon? It was priced at 5 dollars yesterday but now its not showing up at all.

[quote name='cabhills']Any clue what happened to the Dragon Age 2 PC download page on amazon? It was priced at 5 dollars yesterday but now its not showing up at all.[/QUOTE]

They probably ran out of keys. That's how they usually handle it if they don't have keys left.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We are definitely working on it...hopefully there soon!

Also, just put Rayman Origins up for pre-order, plus when you pre-order you get Rayman 3 for free :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Pre-ordered! Thanks, Tony!

Just wanted to say thank you for the deal on Risen for $5.99 and providing it as a DRM-FREE solution [just bought it and downloading now :D]. Keep up the good work Tony! What ever Amazon is paying you, it's not enough!

Tony, one more Rayman Origins thing: Any official word on the DRM involved? If Ubi pulls the same nonsense as they did with From Dust, then I'll be canceling my pre-order...

[quote name='pinkgun']Hey Tony:

I am wondering will Dragon Age 2 PC download be back on sale as 5 dollars?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

It usually takes them a few hours to get more keys.

I would bet we'll see it up again tomorrow morning. It's kind of an EA thing at this point.

How can I download ACII that I bought some time ago from Amazon to a different location than C Desktop ?

I just installed a new Vertex 3 Max IOPS SSD and it has free space so Amazon downloader insists on downloading on Desktop while with my old SSD I had no enough free space so it allowed me to choose a different location

SSDs degrade with read/write and I always download to a different HDD

[quote name='r9800pro']How can I download ACII that I bought some time ago from Amazon to a different location than C Desktop ?

I just installed a new Vertex 3 Max IOPS SSD and it has free space so Amazon downloader insists on downloading on Desktop while with my old SSD I had no enough free space so it allowed me to choose a different location

SSDs degrade with read/write and I always download to a different HDD[/QUOTE]

I don't really like that it forces the installer folder to the Desktop [C drive], either.
I always wind-up copying that installer folder to one of my other HDD [hard disk drives].

I asked this like 10 pages back but must've been missed by Tony.

Hopefully he'll see this and provide us with an answer. I'd love if they could change it so we can designate where we want to download the installer and not be forced to have it downloaded to desktop.

[quote name='Giordano86']I asked this like 10 pages back but must've been missed by Tony.

Hopefully he'll see this and provide us with an answer. I'd love if they could change it so we can designate where we want to download the installer and not be forced to have it downloaded to desktop.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lidl']Tony is well aware of this feature request and he already adressed it. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9340293&postcount=4717[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the question Giordano and lidl for digging up the previous post.

We're constantly taking feedback from our customers and prioritizing our development resources based on:

1. Impact to the customer
2. Scope of the feature add

For example, in August last year we identified that our download speeds could use some work, so we migrated all of our Core games, which are bigger, to the thin client and started using our cloud based distribution solution. That feature add got top priority because it affected every person downloading core games and allowed us to deliver all of our content as fast as your connection allows regardless of how many DLs are going on at a given time.

I'm not 100% sure where changing DL location is on the roadmap because I'm not a member of the dev team. I can tell you we talk about it in meetings though and it is something they are aware of.

When I have more info I'll definitely update.

Cheers,
Tony

gah stupid life - interfering with my video games :( love this thread, but need to buy new tires for my truck and install a new brake line system, which isn't going to be fun since ford has nasty flares that have to be custom fitted manually, ick :(

then i have to hit up a junkyard since my sister's moron boyfriend knocked off the passenger mirror and the idiot actually used drywall nails to try to screw it back together so the whole electrical system in that door panel has to be refitted.

why can't i just have a job where i play video games and tell the rest of the world which ones suck and which ones don't instead of constantly fixing every broken vehicle, electronic device or computer that anyone in my state come across :(

hey tony,
im still debating if i want to get the console version or the pc download version. when will i not be able to lock in my preorder anymore for the pc download version for $51 today?

anyone played D3 ressurection yet? how does it compare w/ heroes V? is the voice acting as bad as the reviews make it?

i wanted to pick up the first part as well - D3 renaissance $5 amazon - but lots of folks having issues with the US release seems like.

[quote name='Zarkon']Now if only Amazon would price-match Amalur with Newegg/Toys R Us...and make the DD price the same. ;)[/QUOTE]

If only, I'd probably break my, "Never buy at launch ever again" vow. Alas, they price it at the laughable $50 range. Perhaps EA thinks gamers have a poor memory for its price drop strategy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back