Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Rift Ashes of History is an expansion or just a rerelease?

Looks like its the regular with bonus items.

[quote name='pROvIs']Does anyone know if Rift Ashes of History is an expansion or just a rerelease?

Looks like its the regular with bonus items.[/QUOTE]

It is an expansion:

Scorched Earth
The Ashes of History are upon us! Two sinister dragon cults have joined forces to ravage Telara. The reason for this alliance remains a mystery, but scholars see a connection to dark portents from across the sea.
Planar Attunement brings advancement for level-50 Ascended, and Chronicles let you experience Telara’s endgame instances with a friend. A new Warfront, a dungeon for master adventurers, Veteran Rewards, and more await in RIFT 1.5!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='wilflare']ahh the Dungeon Defenders deal is over :/[/QUOTE]

Stay tuned :)

[quote name='shrike4242']Something like this below:

Maybe something like:
Amazon PC DD - New xx/xx/xx sale items

Date stamping it might help with knowing when things change, and as search ignores anything 3-characters or less, at least putting "Amazon" in the title should make it easier to find.[/QUOTE]

I tried that for a while too, and wasn't able to fit the titles in the subject line...at which point the feedback was "please put the titles that are on sale in the subject line because I won't check unless it sounds awesome".

I'll Add Amazon PC DD though.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Haha, hope you're right! I really did want The Witcher 2, though. Hopefully, it'll get a sale like that again.[/QUOTE]

Also, stay tuned.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Stay tuned :)

I tried that for a while too, and wasn't able to fit the titles in the subject line...at which point the feedback was "please put the titles that are on sale in the subject line because I won't check unless it sounds awesome".

Also, stay tuned.[/QUOTE]

I guess you just cant win :) Thanks for putting up with us.

The title right now is great, the only thing is to add "Amazon PC DD" to the beginning.

So: "Amazon PC DD: $20 Dead Island, Deus Ex, Dungeon Siege III - Activate on Steam"

If I were to buy a physical copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, could I use the key to activate it on Steam or does that work only for the DD one?

[quote name='smellmybutt']If I were to buy a physical copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, could I use the key to activate it on Steam or does that work only for the DD one?[/QUOTE]

Duex Ex HR is steamworks so all retail copies register on Steam. Another bonus for the retail copy is that it may come with an onlive redemption code as well.

[quote name='pROvIs']Duex Ex HR is steamworks so all retail copies register on Steam. Another bonus for the retail copy is that it may come with an onlive redemption code as well.[/QUOTE]

Sweet thanks, going to pick up a physical copy on Amazon now.

[quote name='distgfx']I would rather see new threads for new deals, I don't always check these mega-threads, but I'm sure I'm in the overwhelming minority.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']Something like this below:

Maybe something like:
Amazon PC DD - New xx/xx/xx sale items

Date stamping it might help with knowing when things change, and as search ignores anything 3-characters or less, at least putting "Amazon" in the title should make it easier to find.[/QUOTE]

I'll Add Amazon PC DD though.[/QUOTE]

I started a thread about megathreads in the feedback forum.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305889

I think sometimes megathreads don't make information as accessible as it could be if you aren't in the know or don't religiously follow that thread. Even veteran CAGs can miss out on deals. The following was my proposed solution.

One semi-solution I thought of. Part of the problem with knowing when a thread is useful is the limitation on thread titles. You can only fit so much information about a sale, the relevant dates, etc. For megathreads, it usually only says the store and official thread in the title. When you mouse over a thread it pops up a partial first sentence, but that usually turns out to be useless, people usually use the first sentence to announce themselves. What if that pop up showed 5-10 highlighted deals and upcoming deals? So if I moused over the XBLA thread it would show the 4-5 deals that week, the steam thread would show the daily deal the weekend deal and any other big deals, and the kmart thread could show the current coupon deals + the upcoming deals. It seems like people try to fit this into the current titles, but the character limit makes they title cryptic and undreadable. These popups could be wikis so anyone could add the current deals.

The general feedback I received, which I was somewhat surprised by, is that people like that information was hidden or that you had to spend some time to get the deals. A lot of people mentioned that this helped veteran CAG's over lurkers. I don't think deals being hard to find or access helps the site or the the veteran CAG's that use it every day, but that wasn't the consensus in the thread. I think there are ways, like I proposed above, to keep the usefulness of megathreads, but add in some features to increase their accessibility to everyone.

I used to like individual threads but now prefer megathreads. I just subscribe to the ones I care about and check them instead of the main forum now.

[quote name='pROvIs']FYI I had this problem on my D2D download as well but found a solution. Apparently there is an old EADM registration link you can register older games through that ties them to origin. There are two different portals and they work with different games. Ill see if i can find them and update the post.

Edit: also remembered that some games like dead space you have to go into the registry to get your serial #
Edit: First link https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do
Edit: Second Link https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

They may require you to create an EA Classic and/or a Pogo account though.[/QUOTE]

The second link worked, but they don't appear on my Origin account, even though I used the same credentials.

Edit: Crysis Warhead has shown up, but not Crysis. Maybe eventually. Thanks much for the links.

[quote name='psunami']The second link worked, but they don't appear on my Origin account, even though I used the same credentials.

We'll see if they show up eventually.[/QUOTE]

Close origin, reopen, refresh games.

Dumb question:
I want to buy Deus Ex Human Revolution as a gift for a friend.
Amazon mentions specifically that the direct download is not giftable.

Would I receive a CD-Key that my friend could then activate on Steam, thereby effectively gifting him the game?

[quote name='SDC']Dumb question:

Would I receive a CD-Key that my friend could then activate on Steam, thereby effectively gifting him the game?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

I'm tempted on DE:HR myself, but with that $5 credit that'll be good in January, I think I'll wait.

Bought Dead Island - the price was just right and I also want to show appreciation to Amazon for taking such an interest in PC gamers by really going after our hearts and minds (with all of those great deals and having a rep here at CAG) as well as our wallets. Well, even if it's just for our wallets, I'm okay with that as long as you still respect us in the morning. ;)

[quote name='SDC']Dumb question:

Would I receive a CD-Key that my friend could then activate on Steam, thereby effectively gifting him the game?[/QUOTE]

Yes after you buy the game go to your game library and then send him the CD-Key, which he will be able to redeem on steam.

[quote name='pROvIs']Close origin, reopen, refresh games.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to work.

It's not a huge deal. It says I've got it registered according to the site, but just doesn't show up. Maybe eventually.

Thanks again for the help.

Also, stay tuned.[/QUOTE]

any idea when it will be back?
haha would like to get some mates back on the game ^^

[quote name='tominater12']I wonder if amazon is going to match gamergates sale right now. They have a lot of titles on sale for $5 and all of those qualify for their buy 3 get one free bonus.

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers[/QUOTE]

THANKS! Might grab Darksiders, Metro, Puzzle Quest 2, and Bioshock 1 for $15.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Updated with The Witcher 2, Alice Madness Returns, $5 Darksiders, Amnesia, Metro 2033, and more[/QUOTE]

I bought The Witcher 2 last week for $16 and Amnesia @ $5 is a steal. :)

[quote name='pROvIs']Close origin, reopen, refresh games.[/QUOTE]

It never showed up, so I used the Origin web chat and talked with a person there and after about 15 minutes they had it added to my account.

Thanks for that information pROvIs, I'll definitely look around to see if I have any other older EA games on disc that I could get added to my Origin account.

This is my last threadjack here. heh.

[quote name='Fakinmail123']I've searched around and can't seem to get a straight answer. Can the witcher 2 be activated on Steam?

Thanks everyone.[/QUOTE]

Negative, and sorry if I didn't see your earlier question.

This version is DRM free, you'll install > Input your code > update > No DRM.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,
Thanks! No apologies necessary. By "searched around" I meant Google searches. There was no earlier post to miss.

Thanks for the reply!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, and sorry if I didn't see your earlier question.

This version is DRM free, you'll install > Input your code > update > No DRM.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Don't even need to put in the code for Witcher 2. Leave it blank and it works just fine, DRM was totally patched out from Amazon's version and all other versions except for Steam which still needs Steam activation. :)

[quote name='Fakinmail123']Tony,
Thanks! No apologies necessary. By "searched around" I meant Google searches. There was no earlier post to miss.

Thanks for the reply![/QUOTE]

Not only that but it should be the Premium Edition and when you download the files from Amazon you can back them up so you don't have to re-download them again. :)

I wanted to jump on The Witcher for $9.99 but my $5 promo credit doesn't kick in till next month. :cry:

man all these great pc deals. I'm planning on getting a new PC, anyone have personal experience with cyberpower pc?? really thinking about ordering one off of there. I really don't want to build anything, just play!

[quote name='cromico']man all these great pc deals. I'm planning on getting a new PC, anyone have personal experience with cyberpower pc?? really thinking about ordering one off of there. I really don't want to build anything, just play![/QUOTE]

Never heard of them. I tend to stay with the Big Boys like Dell because there's a better chance they'll be around when you need them plus their Alienware Systems kick ASS ! :cool:

[quote name='dm85']I posted this link in Amazon 19 Days of Deals Thread.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday-...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1337423002&pf_rd_i=409566

There's LD starting up soon for PC games. You just have to manually switch to the Video Games category.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, a few good titles in there. Anyone know if they are steamworks? I made a list of what I know/think is steamworks aand/or GFWL. Let me know if you have more.

Steamworks games in sale:
COD Black Ops
Duke Nukem Forever
Space Marine

GFWL Games in sale:
Fable 3
Fallout 3
Singularity

[quote name='cromico']man all these great pc deals. I'm planning on getting a new PC, anyone have personal experience with cyberpower pc?? really thinking about ordering one off of there. I really don't want to build anything, just play![/QUOTE]

Build your own, you will be much happier and its not as hard as it may seem. There are a lot of tutorials out there and then you will know everything in your pc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several games available that are 5 dollars or less that get you a five dollar promotional credit. Meaning you can either get them for free, or Amazon will pay you to download them.

Well, heck, I can't complain.

It should. Empire: Total War, Napoleon and Shogun are all steamworks titles if I recall. Stupid Shogun, I bought that brand new and then all the DLC and I haven't played more than a couple of hours of it due to other stuff coming up. I hopefully will get to sometime before the end of the year.

Ugghhh.. I was done buying games for the holidays, but cant pass up Shogun 2 at 10$. Registers on steam fine. Go to your amazon games library, and get the registration code. Boot up steam, under the games tab, go to activate product on steam, and paste the code there.

OK, now Im done, unless Resistance drops below 20$.

[quote name='Harthan']There are several games available that are 5 dollars or less that get you a five dollar promotional credit. Meaning you can either get them for free, or Amazon will pay you to download them.

Well, heck, I can't complain.[/QUOTE]

Glad you like the promotion :)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Would Napoleon: Total War register on steam?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='Thongsy']It should. Empire: Total War, Napoleon and Shogun are all steamworks titles if I recall. Stupid Shogun, I bought that brand new and then all the DLC and I haven't played more than a couple of hours of it due to other stuff coming up. I hopefully will get to sometime before the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick answer here!

[quote name='allen9917']How do you register a game DL from amazon, say Shogun 2, on steam? thanks![/QUOTE]

When you get the code you should be able to go to Steam and click on the menu option that says something to the effect of "Register a new game", just enter your code there and you should be good to go.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Ugghhh.. I was done buying games for the holidays, but cant pass up Shogun 2 at 10$. Registers on steam fine. Go to your amazon games library, and get the registration code. Boot up steam, under the games tab, go to activate product on steam, and paste the code there.

OK, now Im done, unless Resistance drops below 20$.[/QUOTE]

:) but what about our crazy awesome Deal of the Week, which starts this Sunday? If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd bet you'll bite on it!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='allen9917']Thanks for the answers, guys. I'm buying shogun 2, Tony, and I will be very upset if amazon put it on sale for $5 the coming sunday.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you will be sad on Sunday.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Harthan']There are several games available that are 5 dollars or less that get you a five dollar promotional credit. Meaning you can either get them for free, or Amazon will pay you to download them.

which games are they?
i only see Total War: Rome Gold
not sure if it activates on Steam

Just keep in mind that the $5 only works on select titles in January and you can only use one per order. I hope I'm wrong but I dont expect much use from them in all honesty.

I'm really tempted by Shogun but I have been burnt with Napoleon and Empire. Must wait for a GOTY version with the DLC. Even on the last steam sale buying all the DLC for Empire and Napoleon was more expensive than buying the GOTY versions of both. I imagine it will be the same with Shogun.

You know what Amazon needs? Their own client. Then maybe people will ask Steam if it activates on Amazon. hahaha.

Just wanted to say there have been some great sales this Black Friday - Cyber Monday period. Picking up Shogun 2 myself today.

Does anyone know if Sword of the Stars registers on steam?

(Yes this has probably been asked but I went back a couple pages and couldn't find it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back