Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Look a few posts up.
Comes w/ the Nagi baby dragon.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I assumed that "with DLC" meant with one of the commercially released DLCs, not the bonus pet.

Would help if they codified terms, but oh well. Thanks.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Is Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Plat registrable on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Wondering this also. Really want to buy, but I want it tied to my steam account...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Wondering this also. Really want to buy, but I want it tied to my steam account...[/QUOTE]

RCT3 will not register on steam.

Wow that is a SUPER tempting price for Dungeon Defenders. Already own it on iPhone and XBLA with intent to get it again on PSN. Might as well get it for PC too!

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I am so sad : /[/QUOTE]

U can always just launch it through steam. I do that with all my non steam games. Unless of course ur willing to pay extra on steam just to have it on steam since the game likely wont get cheaper even during the holiday sale.

Picked up DD when it was 7.50 (curses!) but I would certainly say the game is worth the money. It starts out slow, but once you pick up in levels, it gets really frantic.

[quote name='MysterD']I'll bet you it's Tages on Risen PC download.
Gamersgate version [for PC download from Internet] uses Tages.

This is just a guess, keep in mind.

Usually, what companies do, to make patching easier and spend less resources on patching - you have a Steam version and a Non-Steam version for DRM.

Remember, Steam version has Tages. I'll bet you all they did was be lazy and just ADD the Steam DRM on top of the Tages.

Retail box of Risen PC uses Tages disc-check. No Internet involved, when disc is in the drive.
What some modern versions of Tages does is when a disc is in the drive, it looks for the disc.
If not, you have whatever the Internet install limits levied are.[/QUOTE]

Searched the Amazon reviews for "DRM" and found 4 hits. They all said it uses Tages DRM with 3 activation limit. Was never patched out of the Steam version, so I am assuming it's in this version still.

Passing, don't want to deal with that DRM.

[quote name='MysterD']I'll bet you it's Tages on Risen PC download.
Gamersgate version [for PC download from Internet] uses Tages.

This is just a guess, keep in mind.

Usually, what companies do, to make patching easier and spend less resources on patching - you have a Steam version and a Non-Steam version for DRM.

Remember, Steam version has Tages. I'll bet you all they did was be lazy and just ADD the Steam DRM on top of the Tages.

Retail box of Risen PC uses Tages disc-check. No Internet involved, when disc is in the drive.
What some modern versions of Tages does is when a disc is in the drive, it looks for the disc.
If not, you have whatever the Internet install limits levied are.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nelo Ice']Does Risen have DRM? Wondering since the steam version has tages.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kaoz']Searched the Amazon reviews for "DRM" and found 4 hits. They all said it uses Tages DRM with 3 activation limit. Was never patched out of the Steam version, so I am assuming it's in this version still.

Passing, don't want to deal with that DRM.[/QUOTE]

Just as a reminder:

From our FAQs:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.[/QUOTE]

Sounds similar to Gamersgate's policy, which is to say, awesome. I have never really run into a problem with install limits set by a publisher, but I am still wary about ever purchasing a product that has a strict limit on activations. Knowing you guys help customers if they run into an issue definitely eases my concerns, and means I will be making even more purchases there now. A definite bonus over Steam.

As for Risen, for anyone still on the fence, give it a shot. I just got it from Amazon earlier, downloaded and installed without a hitch, and so far looks to be a sweet RPG. Challenging to say the least, but it adds to the adventure.

Lol just bought Dungeon Defenders during the black friday week sale for like 7.50 and it drops. Oh well game is well worth what I paid for it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just as a reminder:

From our FAQs:

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.[/QUOTE]

If someone runs out of installs, you'll give them another key?
Geez, that is quite generous of you guys. :D

I already own Risen on Steam, BTW.

A+++ to Amazon for price matching Dungeon Defenders. After unsuccessfully try buying it from Steam last few hours, I almost gave up. Luckly I found this post. Bought it, got my code and already redeemed on Steam in under 5 mins.

Decided to get Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Don't think Steam even had it this cheap when it was on sale. Wouldn't mind seeing a new game come out soon.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just as a reminder:

From our FAQs:

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.[/QUOTE]

Main reason I probably won't ever get to Risen is due to tages since when I installed the disc version of The Witcher, tages kept giving me windows errors and BSOD. I even rebought the game on steam even though tages was patched out just so I wouldn't have to deal with it again.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']Main reason I probably won't ever get to Risen is due to tages since when I installed the disc version of The Wtitcher, tages kept giving me windows errors and BSOD. I even rebought the game on steam even though tages was patched out just so I wouldn't have to deal with it again.[/QUOTE]

Has it been patched out? Looking at the forums and store page, Tages still seems to exist on the Steam version, unless I missed something.

[quote name='Kurina']Has it been patched out? Looking at the forums and store page, Tages still seems to exist on the Steam version, unless I missed something.[/QUOTE]

I mean tages has been patched out in The Witcher.

Hey Amazon dude, do you guys do price matches?

Red Faction Guerilla and Bioshock 2 are 5 bucks on gamersgate, and I'd love to buy them from Amazon. The Haunted: Hell's Reach is 8 bucks there too. I'd buy all 3 if Amazon PM'd.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']I mean tages has been patched out in The Witcher.[/QUOTE]
Am silly, sorry about that lol. Completely missed that. :oops:

[quote name='Rosterking']Can Dungeon Defenders run on Intel Sandy HD Graphics 3000?[/QUOTE]

There's a FREE Demo for download on Steam.
Why not find out the hard way?
[shrug]

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Picked up DD when it was 7.50 (curses!) but I would certainly say the game is worth the money. It starts out slow, but once you pick up in levels, it gets really frantic.[/QUOTE]

I also got it for $7.50 and it is has been more than worth it. It's been one of my most played games. It's quite fun and addicting and at $3.75 it is a must buy in my opinion.

TAGES on Risen. . . *shudder*

At $6 I couldn't say no, but two days of failed activation attempts later I say HELL NO. I contacted Amazon customer service for help and they actually gave me a refund (on a digital purchase!) because they are "aware of this issue."

[quote name='tominater12']You guys think AvP is worth $6.79?[/QUOTE]

No. It's been cheaper, and it'll be cheaper. Campaign only lasted me 6 hours and I was really ready to be done by the end of it.

[quote name='exopuppy']TAGES on Risen. . . *shudder*

At $6 I couldn't say no, but two days of failed activation attempts later I say HELL NO. I contacted Amazon customer service for help and they actually gave me a refund (on a digital purchase!) because they are "aware of this issue."[/QUOTE]

What did you tell them to manage that?

Im in the same boat. Tags do not work for Risen. I have emailed them the jerks who made it and now two emails to amazon to get my money back (Which they haven't done)

Risen doesn't work for me either. It won't activate. I requested a refund. I was hesitant to deal with Tages and this pushes me over the edge.

Tony, think you could help us out with the problems or give us an update? I understand you are probably working on it and appreciate the added effort of keeping us in the loop.

[quote name='exopuppy']TAGES on Risen. . . *shudder*

At $6 I couldn't say no, but two days of failed activation attempts later I say HELL NO. I contacted Amazon customer service for help and they actually gave me a refund (on a digital purchase!) because they are "aware of this issue."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']What did you tell them to manage that?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blueaurora']Im in the same boat. Tags do not work for Risen. I have emailed them the jerks who made it and now two emails to amazon to get my money back (Which they haven't done)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']Risen doesn't work for me either. It won't activate. I requested a refund. I was hesitant to deal with Tages and this pushes me over the edge.

Tony, think you could help us out with the problems or give us an update? I understand you are probably working on it and appreciate the added effort of keeping us in the loop.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up guys, forwarding this to our content team and will follow up as soon as I have info.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pROvIs']What did you tell them to manage that?[/QUOTE]

I explained that the DRM server was preventing me from activating, that attempting to get support from TAGES/Piranha Bytes had them sending me back to the vendor (Amazon) for help, and that the product page should have made note of the DRM scheme because I probably wouldn't have purchased had I known.

I was somewhat surprised they issued a refund so quickly too, but I'm glad to see someone from Amazon in here working on the problem. Hope you all reach a resolution soon!

This online-activation crap possibly NOT working is why I'm not fond of games having required activation DRM - especially on single-player only games. The only one who suffers are the paying customers. Pirates aren't the ones that suffer - they got the game w/out the DRM.

Seriously, after the game's hit bargain bin in pricing [i.e. $20 or less], the game company and publisher should pull the DRM check out of the game. By that time, I don't think every pirate in the world is looking to pirate the game...especially when it's MAD old and MAD cheap. Usually people unfortunately pirate brand new games, sometime around the time of game's release - which is NEVER good for the dev's and publishers. These guys NEEDS the money so they can bring us MORE great games.

Also, this garbage is more reason the Steam version of Risen should have NO Tages included w/ it. At least Steam is STILL in service.

I should reinstall my Risen Steam version and see if the Tages activation works.

[quote name='DK745']Decided to get Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Don't think Steam even had it this cheap when it was on sale. Wouldn't mind seeing a new game come out soon.[/QUOTE]

Gotta say the Rollercoaster Tycoon series is a lot fun, right up until they basically stopped supporting it. Well worth it if you like those type of games.

Okay, just tried reinstall my Risen - Steam version, which does have additional Tages activation.
Yup, not working here, either.

Getting an error about their servers:

"Server communication error:
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Had the same problem with Risen, then just now it goes through and says Invalid Serial. Tried typing it very carefully, pasting it in and the manual activation. So up to 3/5 attempts used all reporting invalid serial. What happens when you use all 5? Don't know what to do, wait and hope it just needs more fixing?

[quote name='Nathrak']Had the same problem with Risen, then just now it goes through and says Invalid Serial. Tried typing it very carefully, pasting it in and the manual activation. So up to 3/5 attempts used all reporting invalid serial. What happens when you use all 5? Don't know what to do, wait and hope it just needs more fixing?[/QUOTE]

Same problem here. The lack of communication on the issue is frustrating.

[quote name='exopuppy']I explained that the DRM server was preventing me from activating, that attempting to get support from TAGES/Piranha Bytes had them sending me back to the vendor (Amazon) for help, and that the product page should have made note of the DRM scheme because I probably wouldn't have purchased had I known.

I was somewhat surprised they issued a refund so quickly too, but I'm glad to see someone from Amazon in here working on the problem. Hope you all reach a resolution soon![/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']This online-activation crap possibly NOT working is why I'm not fond of games having required activation DRM - especially on single-player only games. The only one who suffers are the paying customers. Pirates aren't the ones that suffer - they got the game w/out the DRM.

Seriously, after the game's hit bargain bin in pricing [i.e. $20 or less], the game company and publisher should pull the DRM check out of the game. By that time, I don't think every pirate in the world is looking to pirate the game...especially when it's MAD old and MAD cheap. Usually people unfortunately pirate brand new games, sometime around the time of game's release - which is NEVER good for the dev's and publishers. These guys NEEDS the money so they can bring us MORE great games.

Also, this garbage is more reason the Steam version of Risen should have NO Tages included w/ it. At least Steam is STILL in service.

I should reinstall my Risen Steam version and see if the Tages activation works.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nesrie']Gotta say the Rollercoaster Tycoon series is a lot fun, right up until they basically stopped supporting it. Well worth it if you like those type of games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Okay, just tried reinstall my Risen - Steam version, which does have additional Tages activation.
Yup, not working here, either.

Getting an error about their servers:

"Server communication error:
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nathrak']Had the same problem with Risen, then just now it goes through and says Invalid Serial. Tried typing it very carefully, pasting it in and the manual activation. So up to 3/5 attempts used all reporting invalid serial. What happens when you use all 5? Don't know what to do, wait and hope it just needs more fixing?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']Looks like they've got all of the LEGO DD games on sale for up to 33% off: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1337902542&pf_rd_i=979455011
Prices are kinda meh though. For example, LEGO Batman is on sale for 25% (now $18.74) off and it has been $9.99 on Steam. Right now Green Man Gaming has it for $14.97[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']Same problem here. The lack of communication on the issue is frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that we're aware of the issue and working as hard as we can towards resolution. There are currently 7 individuals looking at this issue and our team will be meeting to discuss it again shortly.

Sorry for the lack of input on my end, as I stated in my first response, we're working towards a fix, so I didn't want to just pop on here and say "hey guys, we're working towards a fix".

That being said, we're working towards a fix. Expect another update from me within the next few hours. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that we're aware of the issue and working as hard as we can towards resolution. There are currently 7 individuals looking at this issue and our team will be meeting to discuss it again shortly.

Sorry for the lack of input on my end, as I stated in my first response, we're working towards a fix, so I didn't want to just pop on here and say "hey guys, we're working towards a fix".

That being said, we're working towards a fix. Expect another update from me within the next few hours. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony, just wanted to say thanks for keeping us updated. This sure looks like another prime example of "DRM only hurts paying customers" but glad to know you're working on it.

Update for everyone, the situation should be resolved and working. Please let me know if there are ongoing issues, and thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update for everyone, the situation should be resolved and working. Please let me know if there are ongoing issues, and thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So y'all know, Risen: Steam version activated up via Tages DRM for me.
Hope y'all w/ Non-Steam versions got the same kinda luck.

48 Sega Game List:

Golden Axe
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Ecco the Dolphin
Gain Ground
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
VectorMan
Crack Down
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Space Harrier II
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Ecco Jr.
Eternal Champions
Fatal Labyrinth
Galaxy Force II
Kid Chameleon
Ristar
Super Thunder Blade
Alien Storm
Bio-Hazard Battle
Columns III
Sword of Vermilion
Virtua Fighter 2
Ecco: The Tides of Time
Decap Attack
Flicky
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Golden Axe II.
Alien Soldier
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
Light Crusader
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Sonic 3D Blast
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
ToeJam & Earl
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron

I'm interested in the deal on SSF4 AE for PC but i'm wary of having my amazon account banned if I was to have a shipping issue or other type of complaint in the future. I've seen postings about accounts being banned for having too many customer service calls. I just thought I'd voice my concerns here since the amazon rep posts and see if he had anything to say on the matter.

I would like to start using Amazon in addition to Steam for digital games but the spectre of these amazon bannings I read about isn't making me want to commit to a digital item. Would i lose access to the item for future downloads if amazon chose to ban me based on having too many customer service calls or buying too many items at a discount?

I've already had my Amazon Marketplace account banned over a bogus claim by a buyer who didn't know how to read the item description, but my shopping account is still in "good" standing.

I guess it is what it is and amazon has their policies and I don't blame them for that. But if the amz rep has any comments that might make me feel better about investing in digital goods with these (admittedly heresay) stories of bannings and bannings of family members/those associated with those banned, i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back