Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I need to get back to you on NBA 2k12 and Drakensang.

Bummer about Drakensang is I likely won't have a solid answer for you until it is off sale for today. NBA sale is going on for a while though so you'll get to take advantage of that.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Gamersgate has Drakensang: River of Time and Philleason's Secret expansion [Non-Steam versions].
Both use Securom.
I'll bet your version [which is probably a non-Steam version] probably uses the same DRM.

NBA 2K11: Non-Steam versions uses Securom.
I'll bet NBA 2K12 from you guys might use Securom...?
Just guessing, here...

[quote name='stoned99']Magicka was the one I wanted but it doesn't seem to be steam activated !![/QUOTE]

[quote name='hungree7']It should be, it's even listed on the Steam website.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stoned99']That doesn't necessarily mean a code bought somewhere else will activate.[/QUOTE]

The only way to play Magicka is on Steam, therefore it is absolutely steam activated :). Like I said, I've purchased multiple copies from Amazon and sent out as gifts.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Odinsfury']Dungeon Defenders is awesome, Don't pass this up at 3 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Your avatar picture is what is awesome...don't know how i missed that before.

Cheers,
Tony

Wooo,

I was on the fence with Magicka, Dungeon Defenders, and Dungeon Siege. They are cheap and an extra 10% off with Amazon card so why not. More games to add to my steam library.

For all those who bought Dungeon Defenders - does the FULL version of the game in the EULA talk about installing the AMD CPU drivers, even if you're on an Intel system?
If yes - does it skip this step entirely?
Or does it brute-force install the drivers?

The DEMO mentioned the drivers on the install, so I refused to install it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Dungeon Siege III supports the 360 controller, right? I'm downloading the demo, but just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

It does indeed, and it works brilliantly! I just got done playing about an hour with the controller, and I love the game so far. I don't understand all the hate for DS3. For $5, it's an amazing hack and slash.

Does the Magica collection have the newest dlc 'the stars are left' or does it only include what's listed on the amazon page?

Great deals on DSIII, DD and Magicka bundle!

For those who are waiting for Dungeon Siege III Complete bundle on Steam to go on sale to get exclusive DS I & II, don't worry. Neither one of the legacy titles comes with expansions, so they are kind of castrated and better obtained elsewhere.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get more than one of the $5 Promotional Credits from buying more than one of the eligible titles?

"Again, buy any of these titles during the holiday period and receive $5 towards the Top Selling Games of 2011"

Just curious, I am tempted by both the Dungeon Defenders and Dungeon Siege III for $2.99 and $5.00 and if that will net $10 in credits I'm pretty much sold. Even getting back only one $5 Promotional Credit pretty much guarantees I will buy at least one.

Dungeon Siege 3 is an amazing price, but bear in mind that Dungeon Siege 1+2 on steam can only be gotten through the "complete" pack, which dropped during the thanksgiving sale on Steam. Does anyone have opinions on whether the originals are worth holding out on? They have had their multiplayer completely disabled, which was one of the main reasons to play them as I understand.

[quote name='dnarwhat']please somebody answer my question[/QUOTE]

The collection contains what is shown on the page for the product.

• Magicka
  • Magicka Vietnam
  • Magicka Wizard Survival Kit
  • Magicka Caverns and Marshlands
  • Magicka Nippon
  • Magicka Final Frontier
  • Magicka Frozen Lake
  • Magicka Watch Tower
  • Magicka Robe Bundle

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='fei33']Does anyone know whether it is possible to get more than one of the $5 Promotional Credits from buying more than one of the eligible titles?

"Again, buy any of these titles during the holiday period and receive $5 towards the Top Selling Games of 2011"

Just curious, I am tempted by both the Dungeon Defenders and Dungeon Siege III for $2.99 and $5.00 and if that will net $10 in credits I'm pretty much sold. Even getting back only one $5 Promotional Credit pretty much guarantees I will buy at least one.[/QUOTE]

You can get as many codes as you want. Buy 10 games and you'll get 10 $5 codes, you can only use these codes 1 at a time though.

So if you wanted to pick up multiple games on the top sellers list you would get $5 off each one not $50 off of 1.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have more questions.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Nelo Ice']Just got Dungeon Siege 3, but when or where do we look to find our promo credit?[/QUOTE]

Which credit? There are 2 associated with this product today.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Which credit? There are 2 associated with this product today.[/QUOTE]

Both credits, Curious if I should be waiting for an email or if its somewhere in my account.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']Both credits, Curious if I should be waiting for an email or if its somewhere in my account.[/QUOTE]

Both have email notifications, I just bought DS3 again to make sure it is flowing through correctly and I received both promo credit emails within seconds of my purchase confirmation email.

Check your spam maybe?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Both have email notifications, I just bought DS3 again to make sure it is flowing through correctly and I received both promo credit emails within seconds of my purchase confirmation email.

Check your spam maybe?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nope, just checked my spam and nothing =/.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The only way to play Magicka is on Steam, therefore it is absolutely steam activated :). Like I said, I've purchased multiple copies from Amazon and sent out as gifts.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, I didn't realize it was you who answered my question. I would have not bothered asking again seeing as you are a reliable source of info LOL

How about talking to the powers that be to actually allow gifting without the hanky panky :)

[quote name='Rosterking']Is there anyway to buy these downloads without using credit card? I don't want it to get charged and I have some amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Using your amazon credit is an option at checkout, I used it for all my purchases today.

[quote name='stoned99']Tony, I didn't realize it was you who answered my question. I would have not bothered asking again seeing as you are a reliable source of info LOL

How about talking to the powers that be to actually allow gifting without the hanky panky :)[/QUOTE]

No worries, glad you got the info you needed :).

As for gifting, we don't have any new functionality announcements right now but gifting is definitely something we talk about.

Cheers,
Tony

I had all but two of these (scary), and those two I have already invested into the series on Steam and would rather not mix and match.

Could not resist the additional discount on Kingdoms of Amalur, however.

Picked up a copy of Dungeon Defenders to gift, and placed my Amalur pre-order for $42. It's the only game between now and ME3 that I really wanted, so I'm glad I found a decent deal on it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You can get as many codes as you want. Buy 10 games and you'll get 10 $5 codes, you can only use these codes 1 at a time though.

So if you wanted to pick up multiple games on the top sellers list you would get $5 off each one not $50 off of 1.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have more questions.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, Tony. One more question for you or any other CAG's who know the answer. Does the Amazon version of Dungeon Defenders come with these?
Steam Exclusive Offer

• The Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device for the Huntress hero class. Constantly consuming energy when active, this device allows it’s user to open portals from one location to another and can be used to greatly extend a trap’s range, quickly teleport across the map, or confound enemies!
  • Four Team Fortress 2 Familiars:
    • The Heavy: Uses his Gatling gun to shoot at enemies from afar.
    • The Engineer: Repairs groups of nearby towers while you’re on the offensive.
    • The Medic: Heals a group of nearby allies amidst battle.
    • The Pyro: Uses a flame-thrower to set your foes on fire.
The wording makes it sound like it would have to be purchased through Steam instead of simply being activated on Steam. I did notice that Amazon does have an exclusive pet Nagi though. :)

wow i might have to pick up nba2k12, dungeon siege 3, magicka collection, and dungeon defenders and use the $5 off on mw3 in january.

posting that games can be activated on steam is a huge plus (i don't buy pc games that aren't on steam anymore). i wish i kept up with pc deals this year. i haven't bought many pc games since last black friday.

I just booted-up Arcania: Fall of Setarrif from Amazon DL.
I think there is NO DRM on this.
It didn't ask for activation code or anything.
Sure seems like it had NO DRM. :)
Am I right? Is there NO DRM on this?

I know Arcania: Gothic 4 had its Securom DRM Removed in its final patch.

Got DS III! I couldn't pass it up for $5. I got my friend to bite on the deal too.

I just checked the opening post. I didn't know you also had NBA 2K12 on sale today! Instant purchased for me. I'm glad I didn't get 2K11 yet.

[quote name='fei33']Thanks for the reply, Tony. One more question for you or any other CAG's who know the answer. Does the Amazon version of Dungeon Defenders come with these?
Steam Exclusive Offer

• The Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device for the Huntress hero class. Constantly consuming energy when active, this device allows it’s user to open portals from one location to another and can be used to greatly extend a trap’s range, quickly teleport across the map, or confound enemies!
  • Four Team Fortress 2 Familiars:
    • The Heavy: Uses his Gatling gun to shoot at enemies from afar.
    • The Engineer: Repairs groups of nearby towers while you’re on the offensive.
    • The Medic: Heals a group of nearby allies amidst battle.
    • The Pyro: Uses a flame-thrower to set your foes on fire.
The wording makes it sound like it would have to be purchased through Steam instead of simply being activated on Steam. I did notice that Amazon does have an exclusive pet Nagi though. :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, unfortunately. You do get the Black Nagi dragon pet though which is cool because it both heals defenses and attacks enemies- whereas the steam exclusives do just one or the other.

Also. Played DS3 demo and it was really, really "meh". I don't think I'll even pick it up at $5. Not that $5 isn't a great price it's just that with SWTOR early access coming up I will have zero time and desire to play any other game

[quote name='steveinneed']It doesn't, unfortunately. You do get the Black Nagi dragon pet though which is cool because it both heals defenses and attacks enemies- whereas the steam exclusives do just one or the other.

Also. Played DS3 demo and it was really, really "meh". I don't think I'll even pick it up at $5. Not that $5 isn't a great price it's just that with SWTOR early access coming up I will have zero time and desire to play any other game[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. SWTOR starts on the 13th for me, but I can't resist a good Amazon sale. I've been addicted playing DD, but we'll see how that goes when SWTOR starts hehe!

DS3 is tempting, but the PC version is one of the worst cases of consoleitis I've ever seen. I'm not supporting that, no matter how cheap it is.

Dungeon Siege 3 is decent if played with friends. Online co-op will suck if you're playing with random people, but it's not bad as long as you're playing with a close friend. Only the host will have control of the save file and character/story progress. Anyone that joins won't have progress saved seperately, they'll have to rejoin with the host's save if they want to continue where they've left off (and you can't join the host's game with your own singleplayer characters progress). I can't really recommend it for it's singleplayer though, the story is garbage and it's just more fun with a friend. Definitely worth $5.

Son of a....

I just bought NBA 2k12 on PC at Bestbuy during their b2g1 sale. Havent opened it yet but not sure how there return policy is on b2g1 free promos. Grrrrr Hopefully I can at least just exchange it

Tony, any chance that Amazon will adopt a policy that allows Amazon Rewards CC holders to redeem their rewards points for digitally distributed products like games, music, and Kindle e-books?

Having to use those points on physical goods only is a real bummer, especially when sales like these come up!

[quote name='lowlevel']Tony, any chance that Amazon will adopt a policy that allows Amazon Rewards CC holders to redeem their rewards points for digitally distributed products like games, music, and Kindle e-books?

Having to use those points on physical goods only is a real bummer, especially when sales like these come up![/QUOTE]

I think the Chase Credit card is redeemable against Digital Items...because we're offering 10X points on digital purchases using that card. Which one do you have?

In either case, that is an awesome question...so awesome that you've won the, "Awesome Question Award". What prize is associated with this award? Your very own line item in tomorrow's weekly meeting!

Seriously though, thanks for the awesome question, I'm kicking off an email to run down an answer right now.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Meatyflakes']Gamersgate has the expansion and it's on sale for $4.98 for another day. According to Gamersgate River of Time uses Securom (not sure if it's the same at Amazon tho)[/QUOTE]

If Amazon's version uses the SAME DRM, I'll bet I could buy say ROT from Amazon DL and Philleason's Secret from GG - and they'll probably work together.

Or...I could just wait for GG to drop price further on both River of Time and Philleason's to more my liking.
Or...I could just wait and see if Steam holiday sale puts ROT and Philleasons on sale.
Or...I could wait and see what GameStop PC App (Impulse) ever puts the ROT and Philleason on sale.

I don't know [shrug].

An answer from Tony today would've helped on the DRM River of Time uses, since this is a ONE DAY SALE...but, he said he can't get a true answer until the sale's over.

This all would've been an easy decision, if Amazon DL service actually carried Philleason's Secret - b/c I could always buy that later from Amazon.

Did anybody buy River Of Time for DL from Amazon?
If so - what's the DRM?

I still haven't finished the original Darkensang: The Dark Eye [which I bought from D2D, some time ago]. I reinstalled it today. :)

Amazing deal on Dungeon Seige III. I played some tonight with a 360 controller and liked it. Looks great and runs at a solid 60 FPS on my older system with all settings maxed, so not at all a system hog.

[quote name='MysterD']If Amazon's version uses the SAME DRM, I'll bet I could buy say ROT from Amazon DL and Philleason's Secret from GG - and they'll probably work together.

Or...I could just wait for GG to drop price further on both River of Time and Philleason's to more my liking.
Or...I could just wait and see if Steam holiday sale puts ROT and Philleasons on sale.
Or...I could wait and see what GameStop PC App (Impulse) ever puts the ROT and Philleason on sale.

I don't know [shrug].

An answer from Tony today would've helped on the DRM River of Time uses, since this is a ONE DAY SALE...but, he said he can't get a true answer until the sale's over.

This all would've been an easy decision, if Amazon DL service actually carried Philleason's Secret - b/c I could always buy that later from Amazon.

Did anybody buy River Of Time for DL from Amazon?
If so - what's the DRM?

I still haven't finished the original Darkensang: The Dark Eye [which I bought from D2D, some time ago]. I reinstalled it today. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that man, I am 99% sure it is Securom but I know there are a bunch of games that have had the DRM patched out...and i'm not sure if this is one of them.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back