Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, tomorrow's deal for Game Downloads will be focused more on the casual customer...but you should all be very excited for Sunday :).

I might even pop on and give you guys a preview sometime on Saturday.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Give us a few clues for what'll be so special starting on this Sunday... :p

[quote name='Psybuster']In fact you should spoil the whole thing to "lock in" our money[/QUOTE]

Them announcing BethSoft joining Amazon download service and putting Skyrim PC up for $35-40 for download would be an easy "lock in". :p
A dude can dream... [shrug]

[quote name='Josh5890']Question about nba 2k11, does the game work with wired xbox 360 controllers or ps3 controllers if I connect it via usb?[/QUOTE]

I believe so, yes.

Cheers,
Tony

Dragon Age 2 = $10 on GameStop PC App.

Since DAO: Ultimate is cheap on Amazon DL service ($12 currently), I'm betting some here might be missing Dragon Age 2 and would love Amazon download service to match GameStop PC App's price.
Then, they could have everything Dragon Age! :)

Well, except the DA2 DLC...since that's a darn Bioware Store download exclusive.

I already own DA2 - and yes, it's easily worth $10, despite that it's nowhere as great as DAO.

[quote name='MysterD']Dragon Age 2 = $10 on GameStop PC App.

Since DAO: Ultimate is cheap on Amazon DL service ($12 currently), I'm betting some here might be missing Dragon Age 2 and would love Amazon download service to match GameStop PC App's price.
Then, they could have everything Dragon Age! :)

Well, except the DA2 DLC...since that's a darn Bioware Store download exclusive.

I already own DA2 - and yes, it's easily worth $10, despite that it's nowhere as great as DAO.[/QUOTE]

Give the internet hamsters a few minutes to catch up on their wheel and you'll be pleasantly surprised :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Give the internet hamsters a few minutes to catch up on their wheel and you'll be pleasantly surprised :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I see DA2 price is up - nice!
This is more for the other gamers than myself, since I already got DA2.
I got DA2 already - a long time ago, actually....when Origin had it for $30.
I think DA2 is easily worth the $10....even if it's nowhere as great as DAO.

Seriously, for $12 for DAO Ultimate and DA2 for $10, gamers who are missing any of those and love RPG's should be ALL over those two deals.
There's easily over 100 hours in DAO Ultimate and around 30-50 hours w/ DA2.

I do hope down the line, once Bioware is done w/ doing DA2 DLC, they release a DA2 Ultimate Edition w/ EVERYTHING.
I'd really like to give Legacy DLC and Mask of the Assassin DLC a whirl.

[quote name='MysterD']Steam has a massive TW: Shogun 2 sale going today.
Total War: Shogun 2 = $10 (67% off).
All Shogun 2 DLC = 67% off each.

I'm betting some would like a price-match from Amazon on these.

I'm not big normally on RTS's.
But...dang, I still ain't even checked-out Napoleon: TW, Medieval 2: Total War, and Empire: TW, which I own...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='psunami']Same here. I have all of those TW games and haven't played any yet. Too many distractions....not enough time.[/QUOTE]

Again...wait for the hamsters to catch up and then check. Although patience in this case might be well worth it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='psunami']Same here. I have all of those TW games and haven't played any yet. Too many distractions....not enough time.[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna probably have to try to SLOW down on buying games I don't intend to play anytime soon. :p

Hell, I still ain't touched many of the RTS gameS I got.
The original Dawn of War [DOW, DOW: WA, DOW: Dark Crusade] games that I have, too.
Nevermind all the DOW2 games that I have [DOW2 Gold + Retribution].
Starcraft: Battle Chest, as well.
Oh, and C&C: Anniversary Edition X + C&C3: Kane's Wrath + Red Alert 3.
Homeworld 1 and 2...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again...wait for the hamsters to catch up and then check. Although patience in this case might be well worth it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hmm should i finally bite on Total War Shogun 2 or wait for what is in store for Sunday....

Hi everyone,

I just sent out emails to the folks who specifically requested it but I thought I'd update the rest of you CAGs with a glimpse of tomorrow's deals.

We're kicking off our "Digital Holiday" tomorrow with deep discounts from THQ including "Saints Row: The Third" for $29.99 and a "THQ Ultimate Bundle" for $59.99 which will contain games like "Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, Saints Row 2, Homefront, and more.

As with all of our other holiday promotions, buying any of these games will get you a $5 promo credit towards the best selling games of 2011, starting in January.

You'll want to visit [FONT=&quot]http://www.amazon.com/gamedownloadsdeals [/FONT]starting to see what we've got in store for you each day.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hi everyone,

I just sent out emails to the folks who specifically requested it but I thought I'd update the rest of you CAGs with a glimpse of tomorrow's deals.

We're kicking off our "Digital Holiday" tomorrow with deep discounts from THQ including "Saints Row: The Third" for $29.99 and a "THQ Ultimate Bundle" for $59.99 which will contain games like "Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, Saints Row 2, Homefront, and more.

As with all of our other holiday promotions, buying any of these games will get you a $5 promo credit towards the best selling games of 2011, starting in January.

You'll want to visit [FONT=&quot]http://www.amazon.com/gamedownloadsdeals [/FONT]starting to see what we've got in store for you each day.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Wow good deal there on that bundle. Too bad I own most of the games in it. I forwarded it on to friends. Do you know if that is one massive serial number or separate?

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in this thread before, but what kind of stacking is allowed with the January $5 credit? Is it only 1 per order in January, only 1 per game in January, only 1 per account in January, etc?

[quote name='pROvIs']Wow good deal there on that bundle. Too bad I own most of the games in it. I forwarded it on to friends. Do you know if that is one massive serial number or separate?[/QUOTE]

Separate, you'll get individual keys/downloads for each item. Also, we'll have some pretty decent a la carte discounts on the individual products. Not as deep as if you buy the bundle obviously, but nothing to turn your nose up at either.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']Damn I shouldn't sent off an email! Amazing deal for SR3, can't wait to see what else u guys have in store.[/QUOTE]

Glad you're pumped, so are we!

[quote name='LocarionStorm']I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in this thread before, but what kind of stacking is allowed with the January $5 credit? Is it only 1 per order in January, only 1 per game in January, only 1 per account in January, etc?[/QUOTE]

1 per order in January, so if you get 10 $5 credits, you can buy 10 individual games for $5 off, not 1 for $50 off.

Make sense?

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks, Tony! Kinda sad that I picked up SR3 last week now. ;)

Any chance that you'll have a BF3 deal this week? I'm double-dipping on the PC version (got my PS3 copy from you); so I'm holding out for a deal.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Separate, you'll get individual keys/downloads for each item. Also, we'll have some pretty decent a la carte discounts on the individual products. Not as deep as if you buy the bundle obviously, but nothing to turn your nose up at either.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nice. That means I can buy it and give them out as gifts or trade them as most the the games are steamworks.

Maybe I own too many THQ games already or something, but...this sale probably won't do much for me....
Well, unless Space Marine is like $10. :p
Saints Row: The Third...too many other games interested in, to look at that for $30...

[quote name='bobphone']Rather than simply matching the other guys when someone tells you, you could always one-up them. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

I would

I want to bite on SR3, but I'm not sure how well it would run on my M11x R1. CanYouRunIt? says I can't, but it tells me that 90% of the time and I can usually run the game just fine.

[quote name='bobphone']Rather than simply matching the other guys when someone tells you, you could always one-up them. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']I would

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']1 per order in January, so if you get 10 $5 credits, you can buy 10 individual games for $5 off, not 1 for $50 off.

Make sense?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That answers my question. Thanks for the quick response!

I wish you could add digital items to your card instead of having to 1 click buy. I have a $10 off $50 credit that I'd like to be able to use on some games and music. Damn you amazon!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not to quibble here...but we've done that several times, just not in the manner in which you're referring to it...Just Cause 2 at $2.50, Guardian of Light at $2, and we ran the same Shogun 2 for $9.99 deal 2 weeks ago. And I'm pretty sure no one has run Saints Row The Third at $29.99 digitally yet. We just try to pre-empt our 1 ups :).

Correct me if I'm wrong but those deals were the first and the lowest that those games have ever been...just saying.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yes, we know you've beaten other prices on numerous occasions flat-out w/out asking...We're not talking about that. You guys, in most instances, are often hard to top.

...But what he meant is that when we request a price-match and I agreed w/ him, is that we'd like to see you go one step further and just beat the price flat-out. :p

Granted, I do buy a lot from you guys on a price-match...often it's b/c you have a Steam-required game I'm looking for. Or, I'm looking for a version of a game w/out Steam to deal w/ less DRM's...or even more especially true if your version has absolutely NO DRM.

I remain totally disappointed in SR3 though it isn't that bad of a game. I can't begrudge anyone who bites at $30, though I will groan that Volition are making bank off such a half-assed effort at a game.

That said, do note that the PC version runs quite well and the cheats DLC CANNOT BE UNLOCKED IN THE GAME. People keep saying you can get all the cheats in the main game and that's a lie. You can get many cheats in the game but many are locked behind the DLC.

Also, Volition has a long history of really lousy DLC campaigns so don't be in a hurry to buy the season pass even if, for some reason I cannot comprehend, you liked the campaign of SR3.

I'm not trying to turn you off the buy, it's not a BAD game and if you want it at $30 there is no reason not to get it but it's nowhere near as good as it should be and it barely manages to be on the level of its contemporaries in the sandbox games field. I just want you to pay attention to the DLC nonsense, shop smart, and go in with tempered expectations. Maybe you'll have the fun I didn't.

Ummm Rolling. Bullshit. Saints Row 3 is fucking great and I love how batshit crazy it is. Is it half-assed? Definitely not. Are there some things I wish were in it that were in Saints Row 2? Yes, like Septic Avenger and the food aspect but that's about it.
I think your problem is murder time is not fun time for you. You really need to talk to Dr.Genki. ;-)

Why would I want to play some typical Rockstar sandbox when I could choose to play a customized character, male OR female, which no other sandbox game I know of gives you that option?

How can you criticize the story? Zimos is hilarious, Gatt is in there for too short a time, Kinsey is fun. Instead of having Sasha Grey for the voice of Viola I think they should've kept Eliza Dushku as the voice of Shauni.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I remain totally disappointed in SR3 though it isn't that bad of a game. I can't begrudge anyone who bites at $30, though I will groan that Volition are making bank off such a half-assed effort at a game.

That said, do note that the PC version runs quite well and the cheats DLC CANNOT BE UNLOCKED IN THE GAME. People keep saying you can get all the cheats in the main game and that's a lie. You can get many cheats in the game but many are locked behind the DLC.

Also, Volition has a long history of really lousy DLC campaigns so don't be in a hurry to buy the season pass even if, for some reason I cannot comprehend, you liked the campaign of SR3.

I'm not trying to turn you off the buy, it's not a BAD game and if you want it at $30 there is no reason not to get it but it's nowhere near as good as it should be and it barely manages to be on the level of its contemporaries in the sandbox games field. I just want you to pay attention to the DLC nonsense, shop smart, and go in with tempered expectations. Maybe you'll have the fun I didn't.[/QUOTE]

I have to respectfully disagree with you. A few of the mechanics could use some work, but the gameplay is solid enough to have a smooth experience. But those issues aside, SR3 is all about fun experiences. Much like the Uncharted series where the focus is "set pieces" over story; the designers think "what crazy things can we have you do" and then build the plot around those. Will that result in pacing issues and plot holes? Sure it will. But SR3 is not about the story.
Don't get me wrong, I love drama and character driven games ( Heavy Rain, LA NOIRE, etc ) you can't go in with those kinds of expectations with SR3. I have had a blast with its madness and I doubt many will be disappointed if they can enjoy a game without the gritty realism that has swept the industry. For thirty bucks it is a steal.

I am new here guys and I've signed up to say thanks to Tony and the great team at Amazon PCDD

I buy my games from Amazon more than from any other plase

I have some suggestions though :

-Some games have the wrong info, for instance Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is shown as 7 GB download while it is actually 2.8 GB :D

-Steam and Origin registerable should be mentioned clearly on top of the games' pages

-Some games that are on sale can not be found in one page and I can only see they are on sale by searching for those specific games

-We need another sale for BF3 and the BTK DLC :lol:

Keep up the good work

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I want to bite on SR3, but I'm not sure how well it would run on my M11x R1. CanYouRunIt? says I can't, but it tells me that 90% of the time and I can usually run the game just fine.[/QUOTE]

If it's any comfort, it's playable (5-45 fps) on medium settings at native resolution on my M11x R2 with i5um CPU o/c'd @ 166mhz.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
THQ Ultimate Bundle - $59.99 – Contains:

1. Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
2. Homefront
3. Homefront Express 870 Shotgun
4. Homefront The Rock Map Pack DLC
5. Homefront – Fire Sale Map Pack
6. Red Faction Guerrilla
7. Red Faction: Armageddon
8. Red Faction: Armageddon – Path to War DLC
9. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
10. Saints Row 2
[/quote]

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by this bundle. I was thinking it included DoW2 and SR3. I think I'll pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']I have to saw I'm a bit disappointed by this bundle. I was thinking it included DoW2 and SR3. I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Sorry this one isn't for you Provis, we'll have a bunch of these coming up from different publishers and the content for each varies, I'm pretty confident you'll something that you get excited about :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pROvIs']I have to saw I'm a bit disappointed by this bundle. I was thinking it included DoW2 and SR3. I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I know I got a thq bundle from the winter sale a couple years ago that had most those games and many more for same price. Home front was too new at the time.

All I really want is Space Marine, but I can wait for the price to go down. I know the price hasn't changed yet on the Mega Bundle, but I did laugh at the bundle's individual price totaling $170 and the bundle price is $200.

[quote name='Zin_LG'] I know the price hasn't changed yet on the Mega Bundle, but I did laugh at the bundle's individual price totaling $170 and the bundle price is $200.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i thought that amazon was using some new sort of brain melting technique where i instantly forgot how to do math and think bigger numbers mean cheaper.

[quote name='Zin_LG']All I really want is Space Marine, but I can wait for the price to go down. I know the price hasn't changed yet on the Mega Bundle, but I did laugh at the bundle's individual price totaling $170 and the bundle price is $200.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DemonKysho']Yeah i thought that amazon was using some new sort of brain melting technique where i instantly forgot how to do math and think bigger numbers mean cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks for the feedback guys,

One of the not-so-awesome side effects of me letting you in on deals early is that you get to sit and wait alongside me as the pricing changes :).

By the way, prices are now live, you should be good to go!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='DemonKysho']::slow clap::

Bravo Tony, Bravo.

I seem to have lost most of my frontal lobe in your latest attack, lucky for you i can still taste Jupiter.[/QUOTE]

Lol I know I've heard the reference...you're going to have to throw me a bone here though.

Cheers,
Tony

Saints Row 2 codes bought through Amazon activate on Steam, just FYI.

Also, Red Faction Armageddon is totally Steamworks. THQ went full throated in Steamworks with RFA and SR3, lot of good it did them. RFA is entirely, utterly bland and generic. Not bad but it's just filler

[quote name='arinaldi']I have to respectfully disagree with you. A few of the mechanics could use some work, but the gameplay is solid enough to have a smooth experience. But those issues aside, SR3 is all about fun experiences. Much like the Uncharted series where the focus is "set pieces" over story; the designers think "what crazy things can we have you do" and then build the plot around those. Will that result in pacing issues and plot holes? Sure it will. But SR3 is not about the story.
Don't get me wrong, I love drama and character driven games ( Heavy Rain, LA NOIRE, etc ) you can't go in with those kinds of expectations with SR3. I have had a blast with its madness and I doubt many will be disappointed if they can enjoy a game without the gritty realism that has swept the industry. For thirty bucks it is a steal.[/QUOTE]

The industry is not really overloaded in 'gritty realism', and we have so many stupid fun games out there that I really think holding SR3 up as the PARAGON OF ALL SUCH GAMES OF FUN is a huge insult to the genre. SR2 was way more fun. Hell, most other sandbox games are.

I went into SR3 expecting great amazing stupid fun and I was disappointed by what it delivered.

[quote name='arinaldi']I have to respectfully disagree with you. A few of the mechanics could use some work, but the gameplay is solid enough to have a smooth experience. But those issues aside, SR3 is all about fun experiences. Much like the Uncharted series where the focus is "set pieces" over story; the designers think "what crazy things can we have you do" and then build the plot around those. Will that result in pacing issues and plot holes? Sure it will. But SR3 is not about the story.
Don't get me wrong, I love drama and character driven games ( Heavy Rain, LA NOIRE, etc ) you can't go in with those kinds of expectations with SR3. I have had a blast with its madness and I doubt many will be disappointed if they can enjoy a game without the gritty realism that has swept the industry. For thirty bucks it is a steal.[/QUOTE]

The industry is not really overloaded in 'gritty realism', and we have so many stupid fun games out there that I really think holding SR3 up as the PARAGON OF ALL SUCH GAMES OF FUN is a huge insult to the genre. SR2 was way more fun. Hell, most other sandbox games are.

I went into SR3 expecting great amazing stupid fun and I was disappointed by what it delivered.

[quote name='PikaPichu']If it's any comfort, it's playable (5-45 fps) on medium settings at native resolution on my M11x R2 with i5um CPU o/c'd @ 166mhz.[/QUOTE] It is a bit of comfort. The R2 is just a little better than the R1, so it ought to run the game decently. 5-45 FPS? That's a huge range.

Not impressed by the THQ deals here.

TRU has Skyrim for PS3 and X360 Retail Box for $40.
Would be nice if you guys sold downloads for PC version of Skyrim - and could match it or beat it. You guys need Zenimax-published PC games for download [that would include BethSoft and Id Software]!
It'd be awesome if you guys can contact your retail box division and tell them to price-match the TRU deal console deal and ALSO especially include PC version on the match! ;)
I'd be so all over that....for PC version, of course - I'm a PC gamer, you know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back