Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in Shogun 2 but I have a couple of questions first, 1. how hard is the game? is it newb friendly would I enjoy myself or is it hard to get into, I have only played one RTS game before which was Warcraft III years ago 2. I see all the DLC is also on sale are any of them worth getting?

I hate to be a party pooper. I love Tony's work and Amazon's deals and I love this program to give Steam some competition, but I just gotta come in and hate up the place. I didn't like Renegade Ops at all. It does what it does, but the action was not satisfying enough and the vehicle controls too annoying for me to derive much enjoyment from the game. The game also never really expands on the premise it launches with. Every single mission is practically a carbon copy of the first, with only a few decent actiony crazy driving runs here and there, and even those are weaker because of your cars perverse love of flipping

I would be all over Tropico if it was Steam Activated. However my copy of Tropico 3 and expansion from D2D have been sitting unplayed for over a year now and spending 5 bucks to add to the pile doesn't make sense.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I hate to be a party pooper. I love Tony's work and Amazon's deals and I love this program to give Steam some competition, but I just gotta come in and hate up the place. I didn't like Renegade Ops at all. It does what it does, but the action was not satisfying enough and the vehicle controls too annoying for me to derive much enjoyment from the game. The game also never really expands on the premise it launches with. Every single mission is practically a carbon copy of the first, with only a few decent actiony crazy driving runs here and there, and even those are weaker because of your cars perverse love of flipping[/QUOTE]

Party pooper? Hate up the place?

Thanks for the kind words about the deals we're running and my participation with your awesome community but I really hope I don't convey a sense that I look down on any sort of criticism of the games we put on sale! I wish you guys would venture over to the Amazon Digital Video Games forums from time to time and breathe some Core Gaming life into them.

I limit my discussion to what deals we're running and when because that's the focus of this particular medium, but I'm always happy to hear about how this group feels about the content of the games themselves...I might not always agree with you but it is awesome to talk about.

That being said, I'm pumped about Renegade Ops for $3 because I'm going to gift it to a couple of my cousins :)....the kind of gameplay you described above is exactly their style...the crazy driving that is...

Seriously though, no hate felt, no party pooped!

Cheers,
Tony

I'm sorry for asking things that I'm sure have already been asked, but this thread is huge...

I want to get Tropico 4, Rome: Total War, and possibly a few others, like the Sega Pack. How does this work with Steam?

I saw someone say you could launch the game from Steam regardless of whether or not it was bought there or could be activated there, but I'm pretty confused on it still. I just want to know whether or not the games I buy can be activated on Steam.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']I'm sorry for asking things that I'm sure have already been asked, but this thread is huge...

I want to get Tropico 4, Rome: Total War, and possibly a few others, like the Sega Pack. How does this work with Steam?

I saw someone say you could launch the game from Steam regardless of whether or not it was bought there or could be activated there, but I'm pretty confused on it still. I just want to know whether or not the games I buy can be activated on Steam.[/QUOTE]

None of the games you listed can be activated on Steam. However, if you go to the Games menu -> Add a Non-Steam game to my library... option you can add shortcuts to just about any game you want, and you should be able to use the Steam overlay in those games if you use the created shortcut. It just means you'd have to do the download and install separately first. I'm pretty source-agnostic and don't think it's a big deal, especially when it means I can get stuff for the cheapest available rate, but some people will swear by Steam only for DD purposes...their loss, I suppose.

Bought Napoleon: Imperial Edition and Shogun 2 from Amazon today - great deals and I appreciate what you guys are doing.

I would totally be down for Renegade Ops at $3 (crazy!) and if RollingSkull hates it, it can't be that bad. :D

Tropico 4 for 5$ is a great deal, I almost bought it at 13 something on steam, glad I waited. I put in almost 40 hours on tropico 3 and loved the game. so far in a couple hours of 4 I can tell that ill put in roughly the same time. Alot of things have been improved since the third.

I've had renegade ops since the last sale and put in around an hour and a half on it and so far I'm loving it. I'm a big fan of twin stick shooters and have played quite a few. The graphics are great, the controls are tight and handle great with a controller. You can level up different skills for all the characters. The game recently got 2 free dlc's for the game (I don't know if all copies get it, or if you had to own the game before they came out.) For $3 if your a fan of this genre of game I don't think you can go wrong, or at least check out a gameplay video of it.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Hey Tony, been wondering what time do daily deals change?[/QUOTE]

It is variable based on multiple things, but as a rule I post an update within a couple of minutes of the deals being live.

Cheers,
Tony

Deals rollover generally at 12 am PST give or take some update slowness. In about 2 and half minutes from now.

With Renegade Ops, anyone know if you only get the Half-Life 2 bonus car if you buy on Steam or will activating work as well? Couldn't find an answer to this on the Steam forums.

[quote name='Cantatus']With Renegade Ops, anyone know if you only get the Half-Life 2 bonus car if you buy on Steam or will activating work as well? Couldn't find an answer to this on the Steam forums.[/QUOTE]
Just bought it now (thanks Tony!) and when I right-click Renegade Ops, the only DLC listed is the Coldstrike Campaign and Reinforcement Pack. Hope that helps!

[quote name='MechaGojira']Just bought it now (thanks Tony!) and when I right-click Renegade Ops, the only DLC listed is the Coldstrike Campaign and Reinforcement Pack. Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

[quote name='BMXJouster']I saw Aliens vs Predator was added to the list of SEGA games for $2.99. Since it's Steamworks I had to bite at that price.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome :) someone should pop over to the Steam thread and let them know about the killer deals today...I ALMOST did but it feels like trespassing.

Cheers,
Tony

I was watching a video for Renegade Ops and it looked pretty rad, came in here to ask about whether Amazon was offering the DLC as well, but even better knowing that it's included!

[quote name='option.iv']Just got Renegade Ops. Ridiculous deal. Can't believe it comes with the DLC as well which is $8 on steam. Thanks again Tony.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Psybuster']I was watching a video for Renegade Ops and it looked pretty rad, came in here to ask about whether Amazon was offering the DLC as well, but even better knowing that it's included![/QUOTE]

Glad you all are enjoying the deaklls. Thanks to reju as well for spreading the word

can we get a $5 "payday the heist" sale? steam is gonna do $5 so just imagine if Amazon did it first...

edit: also the amazon page for downloads needs to be cleaned up,it is sloppy, its so hard to find the good deals. take the Stalker games, they are 75% off but there is no way of knowing unless I search and search. they not even on the front page or in the late breaking deals page. my suggestion is to make it more like Steam. In steam I can click "show all $5 games" and it will show it to me. on amazon I cannot do this, it will be bogged down with free demos, games well over $5 and games that arent even downloadable. the only way it seems to find the good deals on amazon is to like I said search and search or come to cheapassgamer constantly which is a hassle.

Grrr... I just bought Renegade Ops on Xbox Live thinking there would be no better sale this week. Dammit.

[quote name='Archfiend']can we get a $5 "payday the heist" sale? steam is gonna do $5 so just imagine if Amazon did it first...[/QUOTE]

Steam already had their sale on payday and it was $10. Would be awesome to see it for $5 by amazon though.

noooooooooooo..missed out on Renegade Ops. ah well. I hope if its a key issues that more will be available before I head to work in a few hours.

Great price for Shogun: Total War 2. Been meaning to get the game, and since it's at a better price now than even Steam a few days ago and Newegg's limited edition version, couldn't pass this great deal up.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']First guess?
They sold out (ran out of keys)[/QUOTE]
I hope not. There was no mention of it being limited and there are other games on there with similar prices/discounts. It would be really disappointing if they weren't able to continue that offer through at least the day. :(

If there's no limit on the keys they can sell at this price, then RO shouldn't be sold out.

I think when they had The Witcher 2 @ $16, they did appear to run out of keys for that item being on sale.

I'd recommend getting the 48-game Mega Pack. To get the same games on Steam right now would cost you more than $20 and you can't even get some of those games on Steam. Why on Earth does SEGA keep varying their retro packs? Who knows?

Also, you get a promo code for $5 off of a bestselling 2011 game.

Nice..in for Renegade Ops. It says "Renegade Ops + DLC" when I put the key in steam. What does it come with? I'm downloading it at the moment so I guess I'll find out anyways.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You're welcome :) someone should pop over to the Steam thread and let them know about the killer deals today...I ALMOST did but it feels like trespassing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just mentioned RO in the Steam thread. :)

Edit: Also, the Gordon Freeman car does NOT show up as additional DLC. Just see if he's in your character select menu. And the DLC that comes with the Amazon code is the new Coldstrike Campaign and 2 new cars/characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back