Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the only went to $20 on Dead Island to match Steam. While I appreciate the price match and have no one to blame but myself for missing the earlier $12 promo I'm not biting at $20. Not trying to be negative, you've given us a lot of great deals the last couple of weeks, just giving feedback -- $15 is pretty much my cap on that one. Perhaps it'll be at a similar price during the new year promotion and I can use one of the $5 codes I have. Until then!

LA Noire from Amazon doesn't register on Steam does it? Looks like only the Steam version has achievements, in other words it's not Steamworks when bought elsewhere, right?

[quote name='xplocvo']LA Noire from Amazon doesn't register on Steam does it? Looks like only the Steam version has achievements, in other words it's not Steamworks when bought elsewhere, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm... 70.. er... 82... er... 78% certain LA Noire is not a Steamworks title.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI don't know if you guys saw the Joystiq article yet but those of you with $5 coupons can get Battlefield 3 for $24.99 tomorrow :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The prices aren't going to go way up once the coupons are valid? Nice.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI don't know if you guys saw the Joystiq article yet but those of you with $5 coupons can get Battlefield 3 for $24.99 tomorrow :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Now if I only knew how well my PC could run the game..

Both amazon and ea are giving me the run around with trying to activate crysis and crysis warhead on origin. Last rep I talked to told me point blank that only the copies of crysis bought on origin can be activated on there.

[quote name='tominater12']Both amazon and ea are giving me the run around with trying to activate crysis and crysis warhead on origin. Last rep I talked to told me point blank that only the copies of crysis bought on origin can be activated on there.[/QUOTE]

Our support reps likely won't be able to help you get a product activated on a third party like Origin. I have put in a request for more information and a solid answer on this topic though and should be able to provide you some more insight after the holiday weekend. Hang tight.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jacerx']but! but! http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Drag...05RS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325362765&sr=8-1

or did you mean you don't care about the nwn games XD[/QUOTE]

Those are packaged goods, meaning the come in a box and have to be shipped. My group handles downloadable games. Totally apples and oranges. Sorry for the confusion...you had me worried that I didn't know what products we sold!

As for caring about the NWN series...it is one of my personal favorites :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Those are packaged goods, meaning the come in a box and have to be shipped. My group handles downloadable games. Totally apples and oranges. Sorry for the confusion...you had me worried that I didn't know what products we sold!

As for caring about the NWN series...it is one of my personal favorites :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

ah okay, thanks for clearing that up!

I'm trying to get my Crysis ME to activate on Origin, the alternative links others have supplied were no good to me.

After about a half hour of sitting on hold this was the response I got.

Adhiraj:
The code provided by you appears to be invalid. Since the Game was purchased from Amazon, I request you to contact your retailer for further review.

you:
Many other users are having the same difficulties as I am, and Amazon only redirects us to you (EA/Origin) because they do not provide third-party (in this case, Origin) support.

Adhiraj:
Then I'll suggest you to contact our EA warranty department with proof for the replacement of the game.

Then I proceeded to get heated. I can't believe this.

Joystiq is saying tomorrow Amazon will have the Battlefield 3 download for $30. I hope this is true. Bought Mass Effect 2 for $5. So in the end I could get both for $30, which is a sweet deal in my book.

[quote name='zazzer']I'm trying to get my Crysis ME to activate on Origin, the alternative links others have supplied were no good to me.

After about a half hour of sitting on hold this was the response I got.

Adhiraj:
The code provided by you appears to be invalid. Since the Game was purchased from Amazon, I request you to contact your retailer for further review.

you:
Many other users are having the same difficulties as I am, and Amazon only redirects us to you (EA/Origin) because they do not provide third-party (in this case, Origin) support.

Adhiraj:
Then I'll suggest you to contact our EA warranty department with proof for the replacement of the game.

Then I proceeded to get heated. I can't believe this.[/QUOTE]

Posted on this above, I'm not sure what the final resolution is on this but I'll make sure to update as soon as I have an answer. Which will be, at the earliest 1/3.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Joystiq is saying tomorrow Amazon will have the Battlefield 3 download for $30. I hope this is true. Bought Mass Effect 2 for $5. So in the end I could get both for $30, which is a sweet deal in my book.[/QUOTE]

This is true and your math is correct :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='oscargrouch']Anyone know if the C&C Red Alert Games activate on Origin? They dont on Steam[/QUOTE]
Why would EA let THEIR games activate up on Valve's Steam service?
EA's games use ORIGIN, one of Steam's [many] competitors.

I ain't tried activating my copy of C&C3: Red Alert [Retail Collector's Edition] up on Origin, but it's probably worth a shot for me to try...

Thanks, Tony. I just wanted to fill everyone else in on how bad Origin support is :p

I contacted a second rep, he ended the chat session as soon as I entered my issue!

Now on my third rep who copypasta'ed a reply completely irrelevant to my issue.

Lord, give me strength.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Looks like it's a price match for L.A. Noire, I'm going to opt for Steam on this one.[/QUOTE]

I won't.
I'm w/ Amazon on this one - b/c it only uses GameShield DRM and Rockstar Social Club.

I'm trying to AVOID the Steam version's Triple-DRM whammy of GameShield activation DRM, Steam DRM, and Rockstar Social Club.

Yah origin support is horrible (and I now avoid origin purchases bc of it). I once waited in line for chat for over 2 hours. Got a rep to come, kindly gave my issue, and after 2 minutes of waiting for a response, the rep decides to just d/c the session and force me to wait another 2+ hours in line (which I didnt).

Amazon on the other hand, has probably one of THE BEST customer support channels out there by far.

You guys really need to learn how to read the FAQ that comes up when your Origin registration fails.

"
I want to add a game I purchased at a retailer to my Origin game library by redeeming a code. How come it didn't work?
Redemption of retail game codes for a digital download version of the game is a new feature that is supported for games released in 2009 or later. This feature is not supported for games that were released before 2009."

This includes Crysis and Crysis: Warhead.

Anno 2070 in the top sellers list for sale tomorrow? Apparently it's a top seller equating to no sales on Amazon.com or any other distributors than getgamesgo.com

[quote name='ThatPCGamer']You guys really need to learn how to read the FAQ that comes up when your Origin registration fails.

"
I want to add a game I purchased at a retailer to my Origin game library by redeeming a code. How come it didn't work?
Redemption of retail game codes for a digital download version of the game is a new feature that is supported for games released in 2009 or later. This feature is not supported for games that were released before 2009."

This includes Crysis and Crysis: Warhead.

Anno 2070 in the top sellers list for sale tomorrow? Apparently it's a top seller equating to no sales on Amazon.com or any other distributors than getgamesgo.com[/QUOTE]

Crysis: Maximum EditionElectronic Arts 05/05/09USM

Origin chat helped me to register Crysis ME from Steam, and helped a friend of mine to register Crysis Warhead but not Crysis from Amazon because they ran out of keys as the rep said !!!

Tony, Can we also hope for a good sale for BF3 Back To Karkand DLC ? :D

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has Amazon matched the Steam daily deal bundle of Heroes of Might and Magic 5? (Heroes Pack: Dark Messiah Might and Magic, Heroes of Might and Magic V, Heroes of Might and Magic V : Tribes of the East, Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate) for $4.99?

I'd prefer to order from Amazon if they have matched this price....

Thanks

[quote name='MysterD']Why would EA let THEIR games activate up on Valve's Steam service?
EA's games use ORIGIN, one of Steam's [many] competitors.

I ain't tried activating my copy of C&C3: Red Alert [Retail Collector's Edition] up on Origin, but it's probably worth a shot for me to try...[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was unclear, I know its an EA game. But since it was older I was unsure if it would activate on Origin.

The C&C games don't activate on Steam per the link you posted earlier in thread of the Steam accepted CD keys.

I Was debating on getting it via Steam or Amazon since Steam had it for sale up until 5 EST. I figure it would be easier to play with my friends if it activated on Origin if purchased from Amazon.

Sorry for the long winded explanation.

Not sure if it has been this price or if it has been mentioned already, but The UnderGarden is 90% off at $0.99. Can't beat that price. I can confirm that it does NOT activate on Steam.

[quote name='admurray2']Not sure if it has been this price or if it has been mentioned already, but The UnderGarden is 90% off at $0.99. Can't beat that price. I can confirm that it does NOT activate on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Definitely considering this. ;)

[quote name='oscargrouch']Sorry I was unclear, I know its an EA game. But since it was older I was unsure if it would activate on Origin.

The C&C games don't activate on Steam per the link you posted earlier in thread of the Steam accepted CD keys.

I Was debating on getting it via Steam or Amazon since Steam had it for sale up until 5 EST. I figure it would be easier to play with my friends if it activated on Origin if purchased from Amazon.

Sorry for the long winded explanation.[/QUOTE]
EA has NEVER allowed their games to additionally activate on Steam.

If you want a EA game to use Steam, you basically have to buy that EA game through Steam...as long as it's still for sale there.

Don't expect many EA games to wind-up on Steam, since they both have different ideals. EA wants to sell exclusive DLC through them only, while Steam's new rule wants ALL DLC and expansions must be sold on Steam [so Valve can sell complete products, so all pieces work w/ Steam program running in background, and so Valve can also take a cut of DLC sales], as well. Hence why Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2 got kicked-off Steam.

Plus, EA wants patching of their games via Origin, not Steam.

[quote name='admurray2']Not sure if it has been this price or if it has been mentioned already, but The UnderGarden is 90% off at $0.99. Can't beat that price. I can confirm that it does NOT activate on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it, but at $1 it's pretty tempting. Can you recommend it?

Also, was about to bite on Magicka for $3.40 to use my amazon credit and was pleasantly surprised to see it for $2.50. Thanks T-Money!

Hey Tony,

Is tomorrow supposed to be a big sale? I know we can start using the coupons we've been saving.
I might be counting down to 2012 by checking the Amazon Game Downloads :p

It seems my DA:O Ultimate Edition game keys got mixed up. I confirmed with an EA rep through chat just now that the content key amazon provided is listed as "ENTITLEMENT_BUNDLE_DAO_PRC_STANDARD_EDITION_MAC" in his system, which explains why none of the DLC was showing up in my game/Bioware account after redeeming that code. Also, after uninstalling the Steam Digital Deluxe copy I bought 2 years ago and installing the game code I bought from amazon for the Ultimate Edition, I can't load up my saves because it says I need to log in under the account listed as the owner of the content used in those game saves (the Digital Deluxe content). I've used only one account to redeem all codes (Steam and amazon), so this is troubling.

Boy, what a headache...I submitted a ticket with amazon Customer Support, so we'll see where this goes. After getting locked out of Batman AC with GFWL issues a couple weeks ago and now this, I am really missing the days of living overseas and pirating :p I'm kidding....

Hey everyone,

I'm about to head out for the evening to bring in the New Year. I wanted to drop the the thread a line though (and will put it up in OP).

Thanks to everyone here at CAG for making this a really exciting year! Whether you're spending your New Year's Eve out on the town with friends, at a family party, or solo gaming away, I hope you have a phenomenal night and look forward to the fun we'll have together in 2012!

Talk to you all next year!

Cheers,
Tony "T-Money"

P.S. Feel free to take the thread OT if you have any New Year's Eve plans you want to share with the CAG Crew! I'll be on a rooftop looking at fireworks from The Space Needle :)

[quote name='admurray2']Not sure if it has been this price or if it has been mentioned already, but The UnderGarden is 90% off at $0.99. Can't beat that price. I can confirm that it does NOT activate on Steam.[/QUOTE]Thanks for pointing that out!

[quote name='caedeskhan']Is there a limit to the $5 credit promotion?. I already got 1 game but would def pick up a few more if it meant more codes....[/QUOTE]

You can get as many codes as you want, but you're limited to applying one code per purchase (game?). No stacking to get say MW3 for free.

Drat. Looks like I'm going to go with Steam for this :(

[quote name='jkimrey']Sorry if this has already been asked, but has Amazon matched the Steam daily deal bundle of Heroes of Might and Magic 5? (Heroes Pack: Dark Messiah Might and Magic, Heroes of Might and Magic V, Heroes of Might and Magic V : Tribes of the East, Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate) for $4.99?

I'd prefer to order from Amazon if they have matched this price....

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Yah origin support is horrible (and I now avoid origin purchases bc of it). I once waited in line for chat for over 2 hours. Got a rep to come, kindly gave my issue, and after 2 minutes of waiting for a response, the rep decides to just d/c the session and force me to wait another 2+ hours in line (which I didnt).

Amazon on the other hand, has probably one of THE BEST customer support channels out there by far.[/QUOTE]

I lost my spore disk two years after I got the game. I registered the game with EA. I wrote a email to support and they registered it on my origin account. The only other time I had a problem, they fixed it and gave me 10$ credit. I really had nothing but positive experiences dealing with their support.

Never had problems with Amazon support either.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']I lost my spore disk two years after I got the game. I registered the game with EA. I wrote a email to support and they registered it on my origin account. The only other time I had a problem, they fixed it and gave me 10$ credit. I really had nothing but positive experiences dealing with their support.

Never had problems with Amazon support either.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the rep that you get in contact with. Some are very good and helpful but some other would not help you at all

I tried to register Crysis ME on origin and the rep could not help me, today they did it for me

A friend of mine got Bulletstorm from Amazon and the first rep said they don't even authorize Amazon for selling it ! but today another rep registered it for him and it was Bulletstorm Limited Edition !

Edit : Lol, I just registered my Steam version of Bulletstorm and it was also LE and that is 15 minutes after the first rep said it was not possible :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't wait to see what T-Money and Amazon have in store for us with these $5 promo codes! I have 10 of them that I can't wait to use.

At midnight (if the deal is live) I will try to use 1 or 2 of them on some cheap games from the list.

[quote name='r9800pro']It depends on the rep that you get in contact with. Some are very good and helpful but some other would not help you at all

I tried to register Crysis ME on origin and the rep could not help me, today they did it for me

A friend of mine got Bulletstorm from Amazon and the first rep said they don't even authorize Amazon for selling it ! but today another rep registered it for him and it was Bulletstorm Limited Edition !

Edit : Lol, I just registered my Steam version of Bulletstorm and it was also LE and that is 15 minutes after the first rep said it was not possible :lol:[/QUOTE]
My bulletstorm I got from steam would not register on origin. Wtf

[quote name='Drabelincoln']My bulletstorm I got from steam would not register on origin. Wtf[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Bulletstorm, but games before a certain time don't register on Origin (i.e. Crysis and Crysis Warhead).

BS, I know, but it's Origin. I mean really, what should we expect?

Decided to pick up Witcher 2 using some credit but it seems I had $10 promotional credit for some reason. A nice surprise! Can't beat $10 for that game! I think it qualifies for the $5 coupon too, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back