Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flesseck']Damnit. I would buy Witcher 2 if only I could redeem it on Steam as well. :([/QUOTE]
Why? The Witcher 2 is drm free.

[quote name='tominater12']Why? The Witcher 2 is drm free.[/QUOTE]

I like having my PC games all in one place, and I like Steam features/community/achievements, so I like that I can at least have the option to install it on there, too.

^^^Exactly! STEAM is not god! I prefer stand alone games over games that require a DRM/Manager App

Well the Steam version DOES come with Steam achievements. That's important to some people. Plus I'm sure they just want all their games in one place.

But yeah, I never bothered buying it through Steam. Went with GOG.com and supported them directly when it first came out.

[quote name='Flesseck']Damnit. I would buy Witcher 2 if only I could redeem it on Steam as well. :([/QUOTE]

You can add NON-STEAM games onto Steam.

You won't get ALL the Steam benefits [Steam built-in auto-updates, Steam Achievements, Steam utility back-up, Steam time-tracking, etc]...
But you will get a few Steam benefits [Steam's built-in screenshot taking and seeing Friends List].

EDIT:
Exactly my thoughts.
I'll usually go for the DRM-FREE version over the Steam version.

A bit disappointing because the only game I would be interested in buying is Dragon Age Origins and it's not available. How does a downloadable game become not available?

[quote name='Spokker']A bit disappointing because the only game I would be interested in buying is Dragon Age Origins and it's not available. How does a downloadable game become not available?[/QUOTE]

They have a finite number of keys, so obviously they can run out. When that happens they need to buy more from the publisher/distributor. Even downloadable games have a inventory.

[quote name='Spokker']A bit disappointing because the only game I would be interested in buying is Dragon Age Origins and it's not available. How does a downloadable game become not available?[/QUOTE]

They sell out of KEYs; on page 1 Tony explains these games will go fast!
Hopefully they'll get more soon.

i want DA Origins Ultimate too, but running out of game keys is not unusual. 3 days ago I bought Serios Sam 3: BFE from Getgamesgo for 9.99$ and then they ran out of keys :lol:

GMG has Dead Island for $14.98.... would you price match that Tony ? ;)

Bit on Duke Nukem Forever for $1 after using my $5 promo. Not to mention I had forgotten I had a code for a free DNF: Parody Pack DLC. :D Great DD deals from Amazon this holiday...bit on Deus Ex: HR, MW3, and now DNF.

Thanks T-Money!

Great sale overall. I used to only buy from Steam, GMG and Direct2Drive but now Amazon is definitely the place to go. I ended up with 8 of these coupons. Hopefully, they'll have some use later in the month but after these sales and Steam's sales... it really doesn't matter. Also, Tony - you're doing a great job promoting these sales on CAG. Some of the community can be harsh and demanding but your continued efforts are greatly appreciated.

[quote name='r9800pro']i want DA Origins Ultimate too, but running out of game keys is not unusual. 3 days ago I bought Serios Sam 3: BFE from Getgamesgo for 9.99$ and then they ran out of keys :lol:

GMG has Dead Island for $14.98.... would you price match that Tony ? ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, just noticed this. GMG did in fact drop Dead Island to $15 down from $20.

GAMERSGATE is selling Shogun 2 for $7.48. Would love to get Shogun 2 at that price from you guys at Amazon. Not to sound crazy demanding but if you guys could price match that I would greatly appreciate it. Btw awesome deals Amazon, keep it up and thanks :)

Did Tomb Raider Underworld not come with one of the $5 coupons? I am not seeing one in my email, and want to make sure I'm not just overlooking it.

[quote name='Pollox']Did Tomb Raider Underworld not come with one of the $5 coupons? I am not seeing one in my email, and want to make sure I'm not just overlooking it.[/QUOTE]

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light should have, I don't recall if Underworld did.

Does anyone have a promo code I could use? I just used mine to gift DNF to my sisters boyfriend but I'd like to get Darkspore as well...PM me if ya do

Random update for the ultra lazy

after $5 off
Duke Nukem Forever $1
Free
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Witcher

I agree you you on CIV IV> RT 3

[quote name='brutalny']Are they adding anymore titles for this?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well before I give away my promo code. Already have everything on this list that I'm interested in and could get cheaply.

Well that figures. I finally decided to go for Darkspore with a coupon only to find that it went up to $20! Oh well, I guess that's what I get for being indecisive! Hopefully some equally tempting deals will show up over the next month to use my coupons on.

[quote name='kingtopher']Well that figures. I finally decided to go for Darkspore with a coupon only to find that it went up to $20! Oh well, I guess that's what I get for being indecisive! Hopefully some equally tempting deals will show up over the next month to use my coupons on.[/QUOTE]

My download of the demo on Steam just finished and I was about to try it out to see if I wanted to buy it too. I guess no sense in playing it now.

Also felt like a fool for playing $1.69 for Witcher as well, but a good deal is still good.

Also it seems if they run out of keys for a certain game they will likely raise the price or add another game :).

I kind of hate that you have to use a credit card to even purchase a software download, I bought two copies BF: BC 2 because of it. DX
I hope you can mention this to amazon tony, and hopefully get rid of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rosterking']I kind of hate that you have to use a credit card to even purchase a software download, I bought BF: BC 2 because of it. DX
I hope you can mention this to amazon tony, and hopefully get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but you're forced to use your CC as opposed to what? The game downloads have been using up my gift card balance, not even letting me choose to use my CC.

[quote name='zubalove']What is this $5 coupon and where do I find mine?[/QUOTE]

If you bought "Coupon eligible" games in Nov/Dec from Amazon, then you were emailed coupon codes that were to be redeemed in January.

[quote name='Teeheehee']Just curious, but you're forced to use your CC as opposed to what? The game downloads have been using up my gift card balance, not even letting me choose to use my CC.[/QUOTE]
That's the opposite of me, I have no idea though. :/

About dragon age origins ultimate, I purchased this a few days ago and it downloaded fine, as the "Ultimate Edition".

However, The key that amazon provided was for registering the normal edition, it will not even install with the provided key, took me awile to figure it out but after doing a live chat through the ea bioware site, i was able to give her the key and she confirmed that it was a normal edition key and that i would have to contact amazon.

I have contacted them, and they fowarded the issue to another department, they guy said he would email me back in around 3 days.

This leads me to believe that maybe it has been taken down because the wrong keys are being distributed, unless it was indeed just on my end, anyone else purchase it and install with a proper key?

[quote name='Acid Drop']About dragon age origins ultimate, I purchased this a few days ago and it downloaded fine, as the "Ultimate Edition".

However, The key that amazon provided was for registering the normal edition, took me awile to figure it out but after doing a live chat through the ea bioware site, i was able to give her the key and she confirmed that it was a normal edition key and that i would have to contact amazon.

I have contacted them, and they fowarded the issue to another department, they guy said he would email me back in around 3 days.

This leads me to believe that maybe it has been taken down because the wrong keys are being distributed, unless it was indeed just on my end, anyone else purchase it and install with a proper key?[/QUOTE]

I will state this again at the end of this post:

If you paid for Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition you will get Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition.

Had I not addressed this yet? My apologies, I totally thought I had. As soon as we started getting reports of confusion/issues like what you describe above we took the title down from sale and escalated up through our QA channels both internal and external. As soon as we have a solid resolution for the issue I will post here and let you know the issue is resolved and how.

Again:

If you paid for Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition you will get Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys, resolution on this is longer than usual due to the holiday timing.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Acid Drop']About dragon age origins ultimate, I purchased this a few days ago and it downloaded fine, as the "Ultimate Edition".

However, The key that amazon provided was for registering the normal edition, it will not even install with the provided key, took me awile to figure it out but after doing a live chat through the ea bioware site, i was able to give her the key and she confirmed that it was a normal edition key and that i would have to contact amazon.

This leads me to believe that maybe it has been taken down because the wrong keys are being distributed, unless it was indeed just on my end, anyone else purchase it and install with a proper key?[/QUOTE]

When I purchased mine last may they included two keys, one for regular edition and one for all the dlc.

Edit: ^Cool

[quote name='Gep88']When I purchased mine last may they included two keys, one for regular edition and one for all the dlc.[/QUOTE]

There is indeed still 2 keys, however on the bioware social website it has seperate registrations for the game, Ultimate and Normal, my game registered as normal and now when the game tries to launch, it checks with the bioware social site and shows me as normal edition registered and wont allow access to the game. I did redeem the DLC key perfectly fine, but obviously the keys are different from the 2 versions of the game aswell.

I know amazon will get me all set, fully confident in that, i'm just stating what i got from bioware support on the issues.

Used my last code on DNF, anyone got a spare? PM this way ?

Thanks Amazon for making me break my new years resolution to stop buying games and focus on my backlog XD

FYI guys, we're going to be switching back to our non/post holiday promotional schedule, so we'll have our deal of the week (currently L.A. Noire at $12.49), as our primary promotion.

We will likely be running other promotions throughout January but we're going to spend the next couple of days figuring out exactly what we want those to be :).

Thanks again everyone for making this both a successful and an ENJOYABLE holiday! Thanks for all the positive shout-outs, for spreading the word to your friends, and other web communities/forums.

I've tried to say it as often as possible, and it "feels" like you guys agree, but I hope that you all know that your feedback is heard and used. We also appreciate how understanding you are regarding the inability to meet every request :).

Let's all look forward to a great year of awesome gaming (and gaming deals!) in 2012.

Cheers,
Tony "T-Money"

[quote name='flashburn']They have a finite number of keys, so obviously they can run out. When that happens they need to buy more from the publisher/distributor. Even downloadable games have a inventory.[/QUOTE]
Is Dragon Age a multiplayer game? Why do these games need keys anyway? It sort of defeats the purpose of offering a downloadable title if they are as finite as brick & mortar copies. Here we have a product where the marginal cost of selling the next copy (especially so long after launch that the sequel is out) is only the cost of bandwidth, which Amazon gets a very good deal on.

Do all downloadable games have an "inventory," even games that do not require keys?

what was the subject in the Amazon coupon email? I can't find mine.

edit: Found it. Subject is "Your Amazon.com Promotional Code". Picked up Duke Nukem Forever for 99 cents. Hope I didn't overpay.

[quote name='RollingSkull']RCT3 Platinum for $10-$5=$5 isn't bad at all[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Picked it up this morning with one of my coupons, well worth it.

Just want to make sure, are the current titles listed the only ones that will be eligible for the $5 coupon? Since almost everything went back up in price, I thought maybe I should just grab GTA4 since it is still $5.

Thanks for the heads up Tony; I went ahead and grabbed Duke Nukem Forever for $1

Again, thank you for all the great deals! I usually buy all my games from STEAM, but I can't believe I bought 90% of my games this holiday season from Amazon. You guys have a new fan!!

Happy New Year! All us cheap gamers really appreciate your time, help and deals!!!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Had I not addressed this yet? My apologies, I totally thought I had. As soon as we started getting reports of confusion/issues like what you describe above we took the title down from sale and escalated up through our QA channels both internal and external. As soon as we have a solid resolution for the issue I will post here and let you know the issue is resolved and how.

Again:

Sorry for the inconvenience guys, resolution on this is longer than usual due to the holiday timing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Tony...I had this problem too and thought it might be unique to me...glad to hear you guys are on it and working toward a solution.

[quote name='kingtopher']Well that figures. I finally decided to go for Darkspore with a coupon only to find that it went up to $20! Oh well, I guess that's what I get for being indecisive! Hopefully some equally tempting deals will show up over the next month to use my coupons on.[/QUOTE]

Nuts! Just noticed that too, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back