Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dragon164z']T-Money: I mistakenly deleted the two $5 coupon emails I'd received for buying Rome: Total War and Deus Ex. Is there anything I can do to have those emails resent?[/QUOTE]

Edit. Tony beat me to the punch

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I would reach out to our Customer Service group and see if they can get you a new one...I'm not sure how I would get that done from my end.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Did that and just bought Civ 5 for $4, thanks.

Tony,

I actually pre-ordered King Arthur II before I saw your reply about the game being delayed - I wanted to make sure I pre-ordered it so I could get the free DLC.

I got my $5 coupon (from Civ V) today, but unfortunately I don't guess you can cancel a preorder on a digital download. Is there anything I can do at this point to use the coupon?

Thanks

[quote name='jkimrey']Tony,

I actually pre-ordered King Arthur II before I saw your reply about the game being delayed - I wanted to make sure I pre-ordered it so I could get the free DLC.

I got my $5 coupon (from Civ V) today, but unfortunately I don't guess you can cancel a preorder on a digital download. Is there anything I can do at this point to use the coupon?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Contact Customer Service............................

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']$9 each or $18 for both? Lol.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing at first but it is good if you want both games but only have (or want to use) one coupon.

[quote name='admurray2']I thought the same thing at first but it is good if you want both games but only have (or want to use) one coupon.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same too, but then realized it's the same price whether you buy the bundle and use a coupon, or buy them both individually and use one coupon. I think it's just a matter of them being so discounted that the bundle can't warrant a further discount.

[quote name='jkimrey']Tony,

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You can definitely cancel a digital pre-order :).

Cheers,
Tony

There's pretty much zero reason to buy both anyway so not sure what people are irked about. Civ 5 is more casual/streamlined. Civ 4 is more like the franchise has traditionally been. Take your pick.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Tony, I'm really glad you're feeling better and thank you for your work you do here.

Crysis works for me now, thank you for your help[/QUOTE]

Hey! Thanks man! Glad you got your problem sorted too.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony are you planing on any DLC sales with the main game?I'm looking forward for some SR3 , Space Marine and Dead Island DLCs and hope they will go on a sale when the main game also does.

Thanks - had to go from the "my orders" page (where it showed but wouldn't allow me to cancel) to my digital downloads section.

Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You can definitely cancel a digital pre-order :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Updated with new pricing on Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate, Crysis Maximum, and some Sims titles. If you purchased DA:O or Crysis Maximum yesterday or today at the current sale price:

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate: $8.99
Crysis Maximum: $7.49

Then you'll be getting an email with a credit to your account for the difference. I don't have a solid timeline for when you'll get the credit, as we're going into a holiday weekend. Just wanted to let you know that it is coming.

Also note, I've added "TODAY ONLY" next to the titles this applies to. Happy gaming!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Has anyone received this credit yet? I have not gotten mine and just wanted to know if they had gone out yet. Thanks.

[quote name='flameo2000']If I were to purchase the windows version of Civ 5 and activate it on steam, would I also get the Mac version?[/QUOTE]
I got both Mac and Windows versions on Steam with the Amazon bought code. You should be fine.

I went ahead and bought Civilization V. I'm deciding what laptop I'm going to buy that can actually run the game, but I figure this might be the cheapest I'll find it for the next month until I find the right laptop, so I'll just try to play it on my Toshiba that cost $400 3 years ago in the mean time. I remember playing the demo a year ago and it being kinda playable, but not quite enjoyable. haha

[quote name='Cyn100']Has anyone received this credit yet? I have not gotten mine and just wanted to know if they had gone out yet. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

+ 1 for not getting my dollar fifty yet. But not super concerned about it.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']I went ahead and bought Civilization V. I'm deciding what laptop I'm going to buy that can actually run the game, but I figure this might be the cheapest I'll find it for the next month until I find the right laptop, so I'll just try to play it on my Toshiba that cost $400 3 years ago in the mean time. I remember playing the demo a year ago and it being kinda playable, but not quite enjoyable. haha[/QUOTE]

Got it running on my wife's macbook with the Intel hd 3000, not as pretty as what it looks on my laptop, then again, my laptop is pretty nice.

Smart move buying it now though, I mean it costs less than a big mac + tax if you have a coupon

What laptop are you looking at getting?

[quote name='SCMoney360']Got it running on my wife's macbook with the Intel hd 3000, not as pretty as what it looks on my laptop, then again, my laptop is pretty nice.

Smart move buying it now though, I mean it costs less than a big mac + tax if you have a coupon

What laptop are you looking at getting?[/QUOTE]I actually just made a thread to see if anyone knows if the Ivy Bridge processors will have powerful enough integrated graphics to run Civ V, SCII, and maybe World of Warcraft in case I feel like trying it for the first time. I don't know much about graphics cards, so any advice would be helpful.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313242

I mostly play games on the 360, so if I could play these PC exclusives on mid settings at 1366x768 with Intel Ivy Bridge, I'll wait for those laptops to arrive in the summer. This laptop is old and slow, but I'd rather live with something outdated a few more months and then get something nice and new, that way I won't feel that nagging feeling of being outdated once the new processors and Windows 8 comes out later this year. At least I won't feel it until next year, when even more badass stuff arrives. Technology is a funny thing.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']I actually just made a thread to see if anyone knows if the Ivy Bridge processors will have powerful enough integrated graphics to run Civ V, SCII, and maybe World of Warcraft in case I feel like trying it for the first time. I don't know much about graphics cards, so any advice would be helpful.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313242

I mostly play games on the 360, so if I could play these PC exclusives on mid settings at 1366x768 with Intel Ivy Bridge, I'll wait for those laptops to arrive in the summer. This laptop is old and slow, but I'd rather live with something outdated a few more months and then get something nice and new, that way I won't feel that nagging feeling of being outdated once the new processors and Windows 8 comes out later this year. At least I won't feel it until next year, when even more badass stuff arrives. Technology is a funny thing.[/QUOTE]

unless you plan on getting a touch screen monitor i don't think windows 8 is going to be that big of a deal :p as far as graphics, just go to newegg and in the advanced laptop search, select the dropdown field under graphics type as 'dedicated' instead of integrated - from what i see you should expect to pay about 500 dollars bottom line for a dedicated video card in your laptop, but in my experience it is very much worth it

Hi great Tony!

Any chance to see a separately Deal of DA:O Awakening on EA sale? I have the base game and I only need this expansion.

I'm not the only one in this situation.

Thanks for all.

[quote name='ruuin']Hi great Tony!

Any chance to see a separately Deal of DA:O Awakening on EA sale? I have the base game and I only need this expansion.

I'm not the only one in this situation.

Thanks for all.[/QUOTE]
I had the base game too but got the Ultimate Edition for like 6.99 a little while back. No way you could get the expansion and dlc for less than that.

Laptop gaming is done one of two ways. Either you have a dedicated video card or you get an a8. The latter is much easier, cheaper, and better than the mid range of the former. Amd really cornered that field. An a8 with a dedicated vid card also works to boost the capabilities, and still runs cheaper than Intel /NVIDIA counterparts. But while Intel needs a card to game, amd doesn't if it's an apu, of which they will improve really soon too, if it isn't needed now.

[quote name='Cyn100']Has anyone received this credit yet? I have not gotten mine and just wanted to know if they had gone out yet. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SCMoney360']+ 1 for not getting my dollar fifty yet. But not super concerned about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the note guys! I'm escalating this up right now to make sure everything went out ok. Very sorry for the delay.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I see Crysis 2 is at $19.99 now.

Keep going. ;)[/QUOTE]

We will, look out for next week. Full lineup of deals incoming shortly :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jazyje']When will any new deals be posted??? I already have both Civ's...[/QUOTE]
Yeah not feeling deals that last the week. Already losing interest.

[quote name='jazyje']Can amazon match FEAR 3 from greengamegaming for $6????[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Amazon does not carry Downloadable WB games and does not match GMG's prices :cry:

Tony, you should really expand your games catalogue :cool:

[quote name='jazyje']When will any new deals be posted??? I already have both Civ's...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cheaphuck']Yeah not feeling deals that last the week. Already losing interest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback guys, here's a response to your questions:

We'll be rolling out our new deals for next week starting on Sunday. We'll be featuring a different EA game each day from Sunday-Saturday. This is a deviation from our normal promotional cadence, however, our Deal of the Week is generally 1 title for 7 days.

We're currently testing both models (the same games for 7 days vs. a different daily game each day). So far our customers (you guys) have voted with their wallets and told us that we're better of doing the same deal for 7 days. Maybe next week's deals will change that though.

Additionally, if you scroll through the last 5-10 pages on this thread alone, you'll notice dozens of people asking for repeats of daily deals. Cheapchuck, you've personally asked for a repeat of the Dead Island deal.

Like I said though, we've definitely heard the feedback regarding week long vs. daily deals and the result of that feedback is that we're taking action next week with a different structure. Keep the feedback coming!

[quote name='jazyje']Can amazon match FEAR 3 from greengamegaming for $6????[/QUOTE]

We actually don't currently carry WB games, nor do we match GMG, Intkeys, etc for various reasons.

Cheers,
Tony

Well, an easy compromise between week or daily is to meet in the middle. Sunday to Tuesday deal 1, Wednesday with both deal 1 and 2, Thursday to Saturday only deal 2. Basically a 4/4 split. I prefer weekly to daily when I remember to check amazon and am glad I didn't miss the sale. Likewise, I prefer daily when I'm on top of the sale in question. Most here are on top, so the daily preference is understood, but I imagine most business is from those who check a couple times a week. So weekly wins that, but I don't think that the whole week is needed either. A couple days satisfy both and may be worth a check.

I prefer weekly personally as well. Daily is all good fun once or twice a year, but weekly makes it so that people don't miss deals, actually play the games they do buy, etc. Plus daily will just lead to a ton of "I missed it, bring it back, blablabla."

Did anyone else expect that the bestsellers would return to their regular prices and not be significantly discounted again until after the promotion expired? I definitely would have bought several more games during the December sales if I had any idea that the bestsellers would be discounted during the promotional period in January. I'm guessing a lot of other people would have done the same. :(

I vote for weekly deals

I also love Tony for bringing up that many people here have been asking for repeats and the week schedule stops all of that

[quote name='cheapkevin']Did anyone else expect that the bestsellers would return to their regular prices and not be significantly discounted again until after the promotion expired? I definitely would have bought several more games during the December sales if I had any idea that the bestsellers would be discounted during the promotional period in January. I'm guessing a lot of other people would have done the same. :([/QUOTE]

Sorry for the lack of clarity here Kevin, I tried to be as transparent as possible with the group here, and mentioned multiple times that you all should be excited for the deals coming down the pipe in January.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I vote for weekly deals

I also love Tony for bringing up that many people here have been asking for repeats and the week schedule stops all of that[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the support :). To be clear I was absolutely not trying to "call anyone out" for asking for repeat deals. I was just providing insight as to why we chose a longer length to our promotional cadence. You, as customers, have told us both anecdotally (through your comments and requests), and quantifiably (voting with your wallets) that outside of the crazy holiday blitz madness, you prefer deals that last longer than 1 day.

Like I said, we'll continue to test, but until we see something that makes it super clear that we're better off with a daily cadence it is hard to justify making a change.

Again, with both this response and my previous, I'm just trying to communicate clearly and openly with you guys and, most importantly let you know that your suggestions are heard, discussed, and acted on when we agree with it (again, reference next week's cadence test).

Additionally, as I wrote this response, a member of our technical team dropped by and let me know that Risen will be back on sale today, as a DRM free solution. Everyone who has already downloaded the TAGES version should be able to access their Games and Software Library and re-download the DRM free version at your convenience (once everything is complete). I will update the thread once this change is live. As for putting the game back on promotional pricing, I can tell you it is something we'll be discussing but don't have any solid announcements around right now as we just got it back on sale.

Cheers,
Tony

Add another vote for weekly deals. Occasionally daily deals are are okay, but I don't have all the time in the world to read the forums.

I would personally like daily deals. Steam does it, and I look forward to 1PM EST to see what the game is (Though they have been lacking recently). If I see a good game, I'm going to buy it anyway whether it's daily or weekly, but for me daily wins. I see a lot of people want the weekly deals, so maybe have 2 or 3 games to choose from instead of just 1 (for the weekly deal idea)? Just a thought.

[quote name='JawnMan']I would personally like daily deals. Steam does it, and I look forward to 1PM EST to see what the game is (Though they have been lacking recently). If I see a good game, I'm going to buy it anyway whether it's daily or weekly, but for me daily wins.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'd prefer daily deals. Maybe it would be better to have daily deals + some repeats here and there than weekly deals.

[quote name='sunghost']Same here, I'd prefer daily deals. Maybe it would be better to have daily deals + some repeats here and there than weekly deals.[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan of daily deals as well. Steam has the right idea. Daily deal. Midweek deal, then a weekender.

Like someone else already mentioned, I like the idea of having a deal for 2-3 days. I think STEAM does a similar thing with their "MidWeek Deals" [Tues - Thurs] and "Weekend Deal" [Fri-Sun]
This way, there's a fast turn around time to the next deal, and people still have enough time to become aware of the current deal.

Keep up the good work Tony!

I'm also a fan of weekly or 3 day-long deals. The time that the multiple days allow for me to pickup the deal is nice. In addition, I usually tell friends who are not as much into watching prices about deals but I have had issues in the past alerting them quickly enough that they can buy a daily deal. A weekly or 3 day-or-so deal makes telling friends much easier.

Another vote for daily deals, too, because I'm already looping by Amazon every morning to check what the free Android App of the Day is and click-buying it to get it in my account.

Daily Deals for me.

I prefer new deals every day than see same deals during one week. I became bored if there are the same deals during one week. Daily deal is more dynamic system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back