Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']I have a $5 code but I'm embargoing myself from buying games...do I just lose it, break my rule, or give it away!??![/QUOTE]

I have Steam coupons that I'll trade if you're willing to part with your $5 code. They don't expire until the end of March, so you could delay your game buying embargo until then, lol.

Bought it, rawr $0 for Dead Space 2 is great.

Now I only wished I bought more games in the Christmas sale for more coupons. (should have gotten the 37c dlc)

Having a coupon to get Dead Space 2 for free had me cave in and buy Dead Space 1 with Amazon credit versus Steam. $5 for both games, paid via Amazon credit, can't complain.

Fourth time in the last month that Amazon has convinced me to give them business over Steam. Now I love me some Steam, but you guys are really knocking it out of the park lately, well done!

Quick question if it doesn't get lost. Will Dragon's Age II and Dragon's Age Origins be on sale separate also, or will it just be Bundle only?

[quote name='Shinoto']Quick question if it doesn't get lost. Will Dragon's Age II and Dragon's Age Origins be on sale separate also, or will it just be Bundle only?[/QUOTE]

Good question, was wondering the same thing. Jumped on the Ultimate Edition when it was 6.99 but if the price is right, would also jump on DA2.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Does anything carry over from Dead Space 1 to Dead Space 2?[/QUOTE]

If you have a DS1 save [even if you ain't finished the game], you can import that save into DS2.
By doing this, you can start off DS2 w/ the ORIGINAL Plasma Cutter that was in DS1.

Awesome deals T-Money. Thanks! You are supporting my second favorite hobbie of gaming and my favorite of getting good prices on games. Keep it up and I may have to send you a Christmas card next year.

I gotta say, those are some pretty incredible deals. Looks like I'll be using up most of the $5 coupons I got from your December sales, although I might have to hold back just to see what other deals might crop up on 2011 games that I'd like.

Here I figured I'd just never bother with Crysis 2 since it was taken off of Steam, but for $5 it's hard to say no. Although I rather dislike the Amazon downloader (both of them for that matter), but for as cheap as the games are I guess I can put up with it.

[quote name='r9800pro']The funny thing about MoH is that SP Campaign is DX9 only, while MP is DX11 :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

To elaborate on this, the reason is because it uses different engines for each: Medal of Honor's multiplayer mode runs on Frostbite which was created by DICE for the Battlefield games (starting with Bad Company), while the singleplayer uses Unreal Engine 3. It's almost literally two different games in one, even though each half stemmed from the same design.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I have a $5 code but I'm embargoing myself from buying games...do I just lose it, break my rule, or give it away!??![/QUOTE]

This might not be the popular opinion, but if you get a game like DS2 for free you aren't really buying anything are you?

So far I got GTA IV, Duke Nukem, and Dead Space 2 for $1 with 2 codes still left. I suppose with the number of days left in January I should be careful what I use those two codes on...

Also, the first DS2 pc download code listing is up on eBay (not mine).

[quote name='MysterD']If you have a DS1 save [even if you ain't finished the game], you can import that save into DS2.
By doing this, you can start off DS2 w/ the ORIGINAL Plasma Cutter that was in DS1.[/QUOTE]
Too bad you still don't get it before the operating table guy gets torn open a new one.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']Too bad you still don't get it before the operating table guy gets torn open a new one.[/QUOTE]
That sucked for that guy, when that happened I was just thinking "Dammit Isaac u might wanna work a little faster" but nope decided he'd like to be showered in blood and human body parts

[quote name='wankerjr']BTW is there any additional DRM with this version fo Dead Space 2?[/QUOTE]
My copy I bought a while back had two types of DRM, one with a 5 machine install limit (it may have been Tages)

It may have been removed since then, but I doubt it. EA has a strict 'screw you' policy on these sorts of things :rofl:

No love for Mirror's Edge? :(

For anyone who's unable to activate certain games like Dead Space in Origin, try this URL:

https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

I was able to activate Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, Dead Space and Mass Effect in Origin with no problem.

Oh I have a question about Dragon Age: Origin Ulitmate Edition + Dragon Age II bundle. I have DA:O Deluxe Edition in my Origin account so if I plan to buy the bundle, will it update/replace my current copy to Ultimate Edition? I don't want to have two copies on my Origin account...

Thanks for all the deals, you rocks!

By other hand, i know maybe it's not very popular, but will we get a a better discount on Borderlands GOTY?

Regards.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Good question, was wondering the same thing. Jumped on the Ultimate Edition when it was 6.99 but if the price is right, would also jump on DA2.[/QUOTE]

I also hoped for separate DA Ultimate and DA2, but in case Amazon didn't do it, we can do a trade coz I have DA2 and want DAO Ultimate :)

[quote name='Flame Killa']Does anyone know if Dead Space 2 is controller enabled?[/QUOTE]

My wireless XBox360 Controller for Windows is working well with DS2

[quote name='Flame Killa']Does anyone know if Dead Space 2 is controller enabled?[/QUOTE]

360 controller works out of the box, button prompts and all.

[quote name='trabbahabba']Ahh....no love for the Mac on CIV V? Was hoping the price would be the same and wouldn't have to use boot camp.[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge civ 5 works with both pc and mac. Just add to steam and you are good to go.

It's a long shot, but if anyone has any spare $5 off Best of 2011 Amazon codes they're willing to give away I'd be glad to take them. Just PM me if you're feeling generous. ;)

[quote name='tominater12']To my knowledge civ 5 works with both pc and mac. Just add to steam and you are good to go.[/QUOTE]

How does that work? Do you get a code or something? (sorry, never done it before...)

[quote name='trabbahabba']How does that work? Do you get a code or something? (sorry, never done it before...)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it'll give you a code. Just download and install the Steam app and enter the code. It'll allow you to download the game on as many Macs and PC's as you want.

$11.99 for both DA:UE and DA2? and $6.99 with the coupon? Amazon has lost its mind.

I'm going to say it, it's January 13, and that's the deal of 2012. I know DA:UE is a few years old already, but that's a ton of great gaming for an amazing price. Get on that deal if you've never played them.

Hrm, I have 2 codes, but 3 games I want to use them on - Dead Space 1 & 2 and the DA:O+2 pack in a few days. I knew I should have bought more games in December....

[quote name='naitosan']No love for Mirror's Edge? :(

For anyone who's unable to activate certain games like Dead Space in Origin, try this URL:

https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

I was able to activate Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, Dead Space and Mass Effect in Origin with no problem.

Oh I have a question about Dragon Age: Origin Ulitmate Edition + Dragon Age II bundle. I have DA:O Deluxe Edition in my Origin account so if I plan to buy the bundle, will it update/replace my current copy to Ultimate Edition? I don't want to have two copies on my Origin account...[/QUOTE]

With that link I was able to activate Crysis, but not Crysis: Warhead. Bizarre.

[quote name='INCyr']Hrm, I have 2 codes, but 3 games I want to use them on - Dead Space 1 & 2 and the DA:O+2 pack in a few days. I knew I should have bought more games in December....[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 1 is not eligible for the $5 coupon....

So you're good to go!

[quote name='tominater12']To my knowledge civ 5 works with both pc and mac. Just add to steam and you are good to go.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that. Perhaps for the vanilla version, but the GOTY version I bought from Amazon over xmas was NOT steam play, even though the GOTY Civ 5 is steam play when purchased through steam.

[quote name='zazzer']Dead Space 1 is not eligible for the $5 coupon....

So you're good to go![/QUOTE]

Hah, did not realize that. That still leaves the dilemma as to whether to pick up DS 1 & 2 on Steam or Amazon - I'd rather them on steam, but I guess it doesn't really matter...

[quote name='blitztwn36']$11.99 for both DA:UE and DA2? and $6.99 with the coupon? Amazon has lost its mind.
[/QUOTE]I put a post-it on my monitor for this deal.

[quote name='agentghost']woa.. bestbuy DE Human Revolution for 9.99 for Windows download? If Amazon match this and I can use my $5 coupon, I get it instantly:applause:[/QUOTE]

That would be great :lol:

BTW I have Deus Ex HR and Dirt 3 coupons from AMD promo, and I can trade them for Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Crysis 2 from Amazon Sale
smile.gif
PM me if interested

I only have one coupon left, so it's going to be hard to decide whether I want Bulletstorm or Crysis Maximum... or Dead Space 2. Of course, if The Witcher 2 comes back, or if Amazon PMs DX:HR for $10, then all bets are off.

First off, sorry for the past couple of days where I've had to post like this (where I'm quoting like 10 people and responding at the same time). We've been nuts post holiday setting up new deals, getting them out to you, and trying to look back at how holiday went after all the craziness. Getting sick in the middle of it did not help.

Anyway, I think I've hit everyone's questions below, if i haven't or missed anything, just let me know!

[quote name='lidl']Hi T-Money, looking forward to grabbing Alice :D !

What is that $5 Holiday Promo Code, is it the same one most of us in here are using for the 2011 Games ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the holiday promo is the bestsellers of 2011...sorry for the confusion, I fixed it in the OP...good catch :)

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Agree that Amazon has been amazing and completely satisfied with the way communications have been going out. Recognizing that the "market" will be a big factor in determining weekly vs. daily, my preference would be 2-3 day deals, but would prefer daily over weekly.

My humble requests (I feel a bit bad even asking after how well Amazon has treated me the past few months).

Bring back Witcher 2 to the list- If the price point can be under $9.99 after coupon, I'd jump all over that

Spore price drop - I know it's not the greatest game, but I had a personal connection with the development and I'd like to get it for cheap. I checked the price tracker and it was $6.99 about a year ago, but it doesn't look like it's gone below $10 recently.

Random others I would love to see added to the eligible list (if they could be considered Best selling games of 2011):
Dawn of War II (Original or Gold)
King Arthur (or the collection)
Dungeons
Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Disciples III

Thanks again, Tony!

P.S. Resolved my issue with Dragon Age Origins Ultimate - There was a bad file in one of the .rars. Luckily I had the file from the version of Dragon Age I had before (I bought it at launch, but never got any dlc other than the free ones) so I put it in and everything is working great.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got your issue resolved! As for The Witcher 2, we're not actually distributing that right now, I'll provide an update as soon as we are again. As for the other games on your list, I don't have any announcements around them right now but we've got some discussions going on around a couple of them.

[quote name='kwirl']just my two cents, i think i'd vote for hot pursuit, too[/QUOTE]

[quote name='miqspot']Witcher 2 and Hot Pursuit please.

Thanks Tony.[/QUOTE]

FYI just wanted to make sure you'd seen that we decided on Crysis Maximum for that day, and that we aren't distributing The Witcher 2 right now.

[quote name='jazyje']How long is DEAD SPACE 2 deal good for??? It's not a daily deal, is it?[/QUOTE]

We'll be promoting at this price through the weekend :).

[quote name='Shinoto']Quick question if it doesn't get lost. Will Dragon's Age II and Dragon's Age Origins be on sale separate also, or will it just be Bundle only?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Good question, was wondering the same thing. Jumped on the Ultimate Edition when it was 6.99 but if the price is right, would also jump on DA2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']I also hoped for separate DA Ultimate and DA2, but in case Amazon didn't do it, we can do a trade coz I have DA2 and want DAO Ultimate :)

My wireless XBox360 Controller for Windows is working well with DS2[/QUOTE]

We're only going to be promoting the bundle that day, just an FYI.

[quote name='imentec']Thanks for all the deals, you rocks!

By other hand, i know maybe it's not very popular, but will we get a a better discount on Borderlands GOTY?

Regards.[/QUOTE]

We don't have anything on the calendar for Borderlands GOTY right now, did you miss it when we had it for $6? I'll definitely add it as a point of discussion in an upcoming meeting.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Price match on Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309038

:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='agentghost']woa.. bestbuy DE Human Revolution for 9.99 for Windows download? If Amazon match this and I can use my $5 coupon, I get it instantly:applause:[/QUOTE]

Wanted to address this as transparently as possible with you guys (even though you won't be thrilled with the answer). Given the feedback we've gotten on pricematches like this one (crazy awesome deals that we didn't have planned at all), we're taking them on a case by case basis, doing some math and looking at our inventory. We won't be PMing this one because, frankly, we'd run out of keys super quick and that has proven to create a more negative experience for customers that don't get to take advantage of the deal than a positive one for those that do. This is based on holistic feedback from our customer base which includes, but is not limited to, the feedback we've gotten from you guys.

Wanted to tell you for 2 reasons:

1. So you understand our thought process and feel like I'm not just babbling at you.
2. So you can snag a copy of the game if you want to at $9.99 :).

[quote name='jazyje']OK, now I have a big question: why can't amazon build something like steam or origin or desura --- so we could all have access to these games in one account and interact with gaming buddies? I'm tired of steam being the only game in town, so to speak... Their customer service is terrible...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tjs09']I regret not buying more games during December, I'm seriously lacking in the promo codes department

That being said, this is the possibly single greatest promotion I have ever witnessed. I have never seen such great customer service and customer-vendor social interaction.

Tony, no matter what you're making now, you definitely deserve a raise[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atreyuevr']Agh! That makes two of us, I thought the same thing!!! :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='exopuppy']Tony, I've said it before but I want to tell you again - you are an asset to your company. Your enthusiasm for your products, your attention to your customer base, your ability to problem solve and provide support. . . I really believe you go above and beyond, and I thank you for it. Resolving issues, listening to feedback, answering questions, most of all treating us like we are intelligent, reasonable people (even when we sometimes aren't). It inspires loyalty that makes me want to buy from you even when I'm on the fence about a game. Let me put it this way: I am nowhere near running out of holiday promo codes and I think I'll end up using them all anyway. Just thank you.

That's really all I wanted to say. Seriously, is there some way we can get a hold of your boss to brag on you? You absolutely deserve it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']Awesome deals T-Money. Thanks! You are supporting my second favorite hobbie of gaming and my favorite of getting good prices on games. Keep it up and I may have to send you a Christmas card next year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Edge']I gotta say, those are some pretty incredible deals. Looks like I'll be using up most of the $5 coupons I got from your December sales, although I might have to hold back just to see what other deals might crop up on 2011 games that I'd like.

Here I figured I'd just never bother with Crysis 2 since it was taken off of Steam, but for $5 it's hard to say no. Although I rather dislike the Amazon downloader (both of them for that matter), but for as cheap as the games are I guess I can put up with it.

To elaborate on this, the reason is because it uses different engines for each: Medal of Honor's multiplayer mode runs on Frostbite which was created by DICE for the Battlefield games (starting with Bad Company), while the singleplayer uses Unreal Engine 3. It's almost literally two different games in one, even though each half stemmed from the same design.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to address all of these comments last:

1. Thanks for the positive comments everyone. I really appreciate it. I've put a phenomenal amount of time and effort into building a community here where you all feel like you're part of the process, have a voice, and aren't being talked to by some nebulous talking head. Your support has been great and it is noted by others than just myself. Comments from this thread, Nelo Ice's thread over at Neogaf, and the various threads you guys start/chatter about on Slickdeals are all examples of things that we as a group literally talk about every week, and when I say "we" I mean that, as we speak, I'm putting together a document that gets reviewed at the VP/Director level which includes some of the things I've noted above :).

2. Thanks for understanding when we can't meet every request. I think and hope I do a pretty good job of explaining why we can't do something when we can't do it and don't leave you hanging. If I ever do, please let me know so I can add more clarity.

3. We're obviously on Cheapassgamer, so I know you all are the guys getting super excited about bottomed out prices, at the end of the day we're all the most passionate gamers on the planet though and we're all well connected, both here on CAG, on other forums, and in real life, with gamers everywhere. If you want to have an even greater impact, you can, and its easy...tell your friends! If you know people that can't wait for price drops and sales, and that pre-order games, or always buy new releases, make sure to point them in our direction when we have the best deals. I'm 99.99% sure we're at the lowest price in the market for Mass Effect 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Syndacite, and Darkness II. I'm being 100% honest when I tell you that our ability to drive crazy sales like the ones you guys have been enjoying goes hand in hand with our ability to talk to the customers who are pre-ordering games and buying new releases as well.

TL;DR? You guys are awesome, I think this is the coolest online community I've ever been a part of, thanks for making me feel so welcome, helping us guide and shape the business, and being so passionate about this hobby we all love so much!

Cheers,
T-Money

Why does it matter if people are mad they didn't get Deus Ex at $10 (potentially $5)? People get angry when they don't get deals on Black Friday every year and it still happens. That just seems like a cop out to not PM to me

[quote name='jr233270']When you buy Dead Space 2 does it give you a code to enter into Origin or how does it work?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You purchase a game from Amazon and you can either download the game from them directly or take the code that is provided to you on the same page as the download page and paste that into Steam, Origin, whatever. If you have a problem redeeming an EA game on Origin simply chat with a customer service rep and they will fix it. I had an issue redeeming the Saboteur on Origin, simply chatted with a rep and they fixed it in no time and gave me a 20% off coupon code for another Origin purchase.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back