Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

Thanks again for the work you put in here. It clearly shows you understand the community. Also, it's really appreciated when you explain things like the Deus Ex HR price matching issue. When we are treated like adults we will act like adults.

Thanks again for creating such a great community within a community.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

We don't have anything on the calendar for Borderlands GOTY right now, did you miss it when we had it for $6? I'll definitely add it as a point of discussion in an upcoming meeting.

T-Money[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i miss it :(. Thanks for the effort.

Regards.

[quote name='imentec']Yeah, i miss it :(. Thanks for the effort.

Regards.[/QUOTE]

This might be a long shot but I know I got my Borderlands GOTY recently off steam when the 4 pack worked out to five ish or less. You might want to check the steam trading thread to see if anyone still has an extra copy they are willing to sell.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This might be a long shot but I know I got my Borderlands GOTY recently off steam when the 4 pack worked out to five ish or less. You might want to check the steam trading thread to see if anyone still has an extra copy they are willing to sell.[/QUOTE]

Nice tip.

Thanks.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']TL;DR? You guys are awesome, I think this is the coolest online community I've ever been a part of, thanks for making me feel so welcome, helping us guide and shape the business, and being so passionate about this hobby we all love so much!

Cheers,
T-Money[/QUOTE]Anyone else getting the feeling that as cool and nice as Tony is here, he probably goes home and has a girl down in a well in his basement putting on lotion to avoid the hose and turns his pit bulls loose to terrorize the neighborhood and poop on their lawns?

Or maybe he runs an orphanage AND a kitten and puppy rescue shelter?

Naw, I'm going with several meat freezers filled with dead hookers.

;)

[quote name='DirkBelig']Anyone else getting the feeling that as cool and nice as Tony is here, he probably goes home and has a girl down in a well in his basement putting on lotion to avoid the hose and turns his pit bulls loose to terrorize the neighborhood and poop on their lawns?

Or maybe he runs an orphanage AND a kitten and puppy rescue shelter?

Naw, I'm going with several meat freezers filled with dead hookers.

;)[/QUOTE]

???

[quote name='thegreatest']Why does it matter if people are mad they didn't get Deus Ex at $10 (potentially $5)? People get angry when they don't get deals on Black Friday every year and it still happens. That just seems like a cop out to not PM to me[/QUOTE]
Same reason people cry about Steam not price matching Amazon or GMG. Childish mentality where they want it on the service given, for the price of the competition. Normally followed by anger and "Or Else!"

Damn shame about it being bundle only, but thanks for answering ^_^

I'm wondering , how do you guys see your promo codes , as i bought two copies of dungeon defenders , which came with the codes , and don't know where to find them.

[quote name='InfenroIII']I'm wondering , how do you guys see your promo codes , as i bought two copies of dungeon defenders , which came with the codes , and don't know where to find them.[/QUOTE]

Mine came via e-mail. They're in my inbox still. Although I can't remember if they auto applied to my Civ 5 purchase though (I think one may have?).

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Somebody please trade or sell me some coupons! I have games and money![/QUOTE]

I can give you a coupon if you have a spare DA Origins Ultimate lol

Ninja posting here, wonder how long it will take for everyone to pick up on the fact that ANNO 2070 just got added to the "Bestsellers of 2011" list.

Any ANNO fans here? And yes, this means we'll be promoting it soon. Details on the deal next week.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='InfenroIII']Just wondering , Does Dead Space 2 Register on steam?[/QUOTE]
Nope. It's an EA game.
Dead Space 2 = uses EA's ORIGIN service.

You can add any Non-Steam game to Steam as a Non-Steam game, if you DON'T buy it from Steam - but you won't have ALL of the Steam benefits.

If you want Dead Space 2 to have full Steam support, buy the Steam version directly from Steam.

[quote name='thegreatest']Why does it matter if people are mad they didn't get Deus Ex at $10 (potentially $5)? People get angry when they don't get deals on Black Friday every year and it still happens. That just seems like a cop out to not PM to me[/QUOTE]

haha. I didn't put much stock on Amazon PM Bestbuy on Deus Ex since if they would, it would ridiculously low and not make any profit at all.

I just want to see how Amazon react or justify their response. :applause:

Last time, when we asked them to PM GreenManGaming, they claimed "international market differences" :roll:

This time, Best Buy is a U.S. based company. Amazon claimed "lack of inventory". :roll: :lol: Amusing!

Can't wait to see what the suit would say next when they give out an explanation for not PM. ;)

P.s. nothing personal against Tony. He is a great rep. Just my thought on Amazon as a corporation.

[quote name='agentghost']haha. I didn't put much stock on Amazon PM Bestbuy on Deus Ex since if they would, it would ridiculously low and not make any profit at all.

Last time, when we asked them to PM GreenManGaming, they claimed "international market differences" :roll:

This time, Best Buy is a U.S. based company. Amazon claimed "lack of inventory". :roll: :lol: Amusing!

Can't wait to see what the suit would say next when they give out an explanation for not PM. ;)

P.s. nothing personal against Tony. He is a great rep. Just my thought on Amazon as a corporation.[/QUOTE]

Not to quibble here, because I can totally understand your point...but we literally PM'ed Dead Space 2 24 hours ago...the same exact situation. The difference was we'd planned on promoting that game heavily so the forecast was in place and we have a ton of keys for it.

Like I said, I try to be honest with you guys here and let you know what's up rather than just ignoring posts or giving vague answers. Based on how quickly that game sells at that price point, combined with the $5 coupon, we'd have had the product up for less than 2 hours and history (recent history) has shown that more customers get upset about a product being up for sale for a short time and then running out of stock than do when the pricematch just doesn't happen.

I apologize for giving the impression that I'm speaking with the voice of the faceless corporation...that is definitely not my intent.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ninja posting here, wonder how long it will take for everyone to pick up on the fact that ANNO 2070 just got added to the "Bestsellers of 2011" list.

Any ANNO fans here? And yes, this means we'll be promoting it soon. Details on the deal next week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Anno joining the list does NOTHING for me.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not to quibble here, because I can totally understand your point...but we literally PM'ed Dead Space 2 24 hours ago...the same exact situation. The difference was we'd planned on promoting that game heavily so the forecast was in place and we have a ton of keys for it.

Like I said, I try to be honest with you guys here and let you know what's up rather than just ignoring posts or giving vague answers. Based on how quickly that game sells at that price point, combined with the $5 coupon, we'd have had the product up for less than 2 hours and history (recent history) has shown that more customers get upset about a product being up for sale for a short time and then running out of stock than do when the pricematch just doesn't happen.

I apologize for giving the impression that I'm speaking with the voice of the faceless corporation...that is definitely not my intent.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Unlurking in this thread for a moment. Unlike some of the other people in this thread, I think your reason is very valid, and I think it's amazing that you're being that open and honest with those of us in this thread. So here's my thanks to your very open answers, and I gotta say, between your responses and the amazing deals you've been offering, I can't tell you how happy I am to be an amazon customer these days. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not to quibble here, because I can totally understand your point...but we literally PM'ed Dead Space 2 24 hours ago...the same exact situation. The difference was we'd planned on promoting that game heavily so the forecast was in place and we have a ton of keys for it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,
I really appreciate the quick response even though it was disappointing that
the PM couldn't happen. At least I didn't spend all afternoon hitting refresh and hoping that the price would change. Amazon is by no means perfect - the way they handled cancelling Free Super Saver Shipping for Puerto Rico was a traveshamockery and I swore off Amazon for life. But I had some Amazon credit left and kept monitoring things and the digital downloads won me back (for those things - I still won't pay $9.99 shipping for even the best deal on a physical items). I've been amazed at how much information you are willing to share and the scope of the deals has been truly impressive. I've told several of my friends who used to buy physical games from Amazon that they should go back and start buying the downloads so I do think that the level of customer service and the quality of the deals is helping you win "new" customers.

One of the reasons I do buy from Amazon is that I like to have access to my favorite games for a long time and I expect that you'll be around 10 years from now when I have an urge to download and play something from this era. So, while I hope that you'll keep up great deals, I also appreciate (and hope) that Amazon will have great business success by making the right choices to keep customers happy so we can keep this good thing going.

Thanks

tl;dr - Amazon's not perfect but the communication is appreciated (expressed in a way that hopefully was not too obsequious)

Tony, maybe you answered this in one of the pages back, but will we see Space Marine on sale?

I know there's been hints, but some confirmation or something would be great.

Thanks (sorry to ask about it so much, I know I should've just bought it from GMG and been done with it)

[quote name='agentghost']haha. I didn't put much stock on Amazon PM Bestbuy on Deus Ex since if they would, it would ridiculously low and not make any profit at all.

P.s. nothing personal against Tony. He is a great rep. Just my thought on Amazon as a corporation.[/QUOTE]
Let's play a fun game
It's called you shut the fuck up

Seriously? You say that shit about Amazon and in turn Tony after all of this?

Tony is being as fuck transparent about how this part of Amazon works and you want to sit up there and fuck wait for some kind of answer why you're a dick?

You're a dick because you're a dick.

The flak Amazon gets from sold out deals because they don't have the inventory on spur of the moment price matches makes PERFECT fuck SENSE from every viewpoint yet you think that the "suits at Amazon" just do whatever they want and have Tony blurt out whatever response best fits the situation.

Again, I have your answer, you're a dick because you're a dick

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ninja posting here, wonder how long it will take for everyone to pick up on the fact that ANNO 2070 just got added to the "Bestsellers of 2011" list.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Oh good lord, there goes another coupon
I've only got 6 left, something tells me I'm going to run out before the month is done.

Just so I have this straight, there's going to be a deal in the future on it so we should not waste a coupon as of yet, correct?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Glad I have an extra coupon! Thanks for the heads-up. I am definitely very glad to see it on the list and hope to be able to remove it from my Steam wishlist.

@agentghost - lighten up dude.

[quote name='fmz65']Tony, maybe you answered this in one of the pages back, but will we see Space Marine on sale?

I know there's been hints, but some confirmation or something would be great.

Thanks (sorry to ask about it so much, I know I should've just bought it from GMG and been done with it)[/QUOTE]

I'm still working on trying to get something put together, and we'll likely run something, but I can tell you it likely won't be as hot as that crazy deal from GMG. Sorry man, I'll update as soon as I have more info.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh good lord, there goes another coupon
I've only got 6 left, something tells me I'm going to run out before the month is done.

Just so I have this straight, there's going to be a deal in the future on it so we should not waste a coupon as of yet, correct?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']Glad I have an extra coupon! Thanks for the heads-up. I am definitely very glad to see it on the list and hope to be able to remove it from my Steam wishlist.

@agentghost - lighten up dude.[/QUOTE]

@Jason, yep I'd hold off on it until next week, we'll have the best price that it has been on the market (based on my research) without a coupon, with the coupon it is hands down the best deal the game has seen.

Hal,

Glad I found something that struck a chord with you :).

Also, as always thanks for the kind words and understanding guys. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I just fired up Civ V :).

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,

One suggestion I would have for Amazon's game downloads section is the ability to add digital download versions of games to your Amazon wishlist. I use the Amazon wishlist feature all the time to check prices on other products I am watching and waiting to buy (including downloadable-only items like MP3 albums) and would love to be able to do the same with digital downloads of PC games.

Thanks!

(If you have already commented on this before, then I apologize for not having seen it in this big thread.)

[quote name='INCyr']Unlurking in this thread for a moment. Unlike some of the other people in this thread, I think your reason is very valid, and I think it's amazing that you're being that open and honest with those of us in this thread. So here's my thanks to your very open answers, and I gotta say, between your responses and the amazing deals you've been offering, I can't tell you how happy I am to be an amazon customer these days. :)[/QUOTE]
This times a bunch. Tony and Amazon have been excellent.

Can't wait to see what the suit would say next when they give out an explanation for not PM. [/QUOTE]

You just answered your own question: it's a business, they're in it to make money. I know this is Cheap Ass Gamer but anyone moaning about not being able to get DX: HR for under $10 is the one worthy of a:

:roll:

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Hey Tony,

One suggestion I would have for Amazon's game downloads section is the ability to add digital download versions of games to your Amazon wishlist. I use the Amazon wishlist feature all the time to check prices on other products I am watching and waiting to buy (including downloadable-only items like MP3 albums) and would love to be able to do the same with digital downloads of PC games.

Thanks!

(If you have already commented on this before, then I apologize for not having seen it in this big thread.)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this has been asked in the thread before but to address your question, this is something we definitely agree with but don't have a timeline that I have anything meaningful to talk about yet.

Totally valid question though, let me know if you still have questions.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm still working on trying to get something put together, and we'll likely run something, but I can tell you it likely won't be as hot as that crazy deal from GMG. Sorry man, I'll update as soon as I have more info.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You're breaking my heart :(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not sure if this has been asked in the thread before but to address your question, this is something we definitely agree with but don't have a timeline that I have anything meaningful to talk about yet.

Totally valid question though, let me know if you still have questions.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the quick reply as always!

idk if you're still looking for feedback on daily vs weekly deals, but this would be my preference, from most to least desired:
pre-announced daily deals (like next week) > 3-4 day deals > unannounced daily deals >= weekly deals

Thanks again for all the awesome deals & the open/clear communication! I'll be using my last coupon on Alice, and now I wish I had bought more stuff in december :p

Tried the Bulletstorm demo on Steam last night and I'm somewhat mixed on it. Perhaps it's the limited weapons in the demo, but I quickly grew bored with the "use leash, kick them, shoot their floating bodies" gameplay. I was more interested in trying to get good screenshots of the hot chick who's on your team.

Since I've only got one coupon to spend and I've been crying for Crysis 2 for the past two weeks, I'm going to work my already gargantuan backlog and take a pass on Bulletstorm.

It may have been discussed, but can I just add all of my coupons to my account now and use them one by one when games I'm interested in come up for sale?

I'm just going to say this - when Bulletstorm goes on sale next week, Bulletstorm for $7 w/out coupon or ESPECIALLY for $2 w/ coupon is a STEAL.

A lot of good deals coming from Amazon next week.
Thing is...I own most of those, already. :p

I'm most likely going to be getting Crysis Maximum Edition, Crysis 2, and the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 pack with my remaining coupons. I've been looking at older posts and people seem to have had issues registering Crysis ME in origin, is that still a problem? I want to buy it, but if I have problems registering it in origin I may hold off.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Woohoo!!!!! Didn't even have time to check but I'm hoping for Steam activation!

[quote name='sunghost']I'm most likely going to be getting Crysis Maximum Edition and the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 pack with my remaining coupons. I've been looking at older posts and people seem to have had issues registering Crysis ME in origin, is that still a problem? I want to buy it, but if I have problems registering it in origin I may hold off.[/QUOTE]I still can't get Crysis to register. I talked to Origin chat support a few times. I've even had a few PMs and e-mails with Tony (at his request, not being a pestering creeper), and I still don't have it on Origin.

I tried buying Dead Space 2, but my coupon didn't kick in. I got in on the Deus Ex deal, so I should have the $5 coupon; but it doesn't show up at checkout. Is there a way to view your coupons? Sorry if this has been previously addressed!

EDIT: I'm a dumbass, there's a promo code in my email! Sorry folks!

[quote name='kingtopher']It may have been discussed, but can I just add all of my coupons to my account now and use them one by one when games I'm interested in come up for sale?[/QUOTE]

I did this by going to the checkout page for a product and adding each coupon one by one, then they should all be tied to your account and you don't have to worry about it anymore...yes I'm using my own coupons by the way :) I bought Dungeon Defenders, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Civ V GOTY, Civ IV Complete, Lara Croft AGOL, Battlefield 3, Space Marine and Dungeon Siege III over holiday and have picked up Shogun 2, GTA IV, Dead Space 2, The Witcher (1&2)...man my backlog grew...

[quote name='sunghost']I'm most likely going to be getting Crysis Maximum Edition, Crysis 2, and the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 pack with my remaining coupons. I've been looking at older posts and people seem to have had issues registering Crysis ME in origin, is that still a problem? I want to buy it, but if I have problems registering it in origin I may hold off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Z-Saber']I still can't get Crysis to register. I talked to Origin chat support a few times. I've even had a few PMs and e-mails with Tony (at his request, not being a pestering creeper), and I still don't have it on Origin.[/QUOTE]

Sunghost, see my reply to Z-Saber, you should be able to get Crysis ME activated on Origin, it just takes a conversation with their support team. If you have a problem let me know and I can help escalate.

Z-Saber, you're still not activated? I'm sending another email as we speak. Please give me an update when you're good to go.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']Woohoo!!!!! Didn't even have time to check but I'm hoping for Steam activation![/QUOTE]

Glad you're excited, I'm 99% sure our version ANNO isn't a Steamworks title though.

Cheers,
T-Money

Hey Tony, forgot to ask a couple of pages back, but the Mac version of dragon age ultimate + dragon age 2 will be the same 11.99 price as the windows version right? Just checking because I never see the Mac version on sale

Next week's dragon age bundle, is it two separate keys? One for the ultimate edition and one for 2? I already have the ultimate edition and was thinking about keeping 2 and giving the ultimate edition to a buddy.

[quote name='Shinoto']

Same reason people cry about Steam not price matching Amazon or GMG. Childish mentality where they want it on the service given, for the price of the competition. Normally followed by anger and "Or Else!"
[/QUOTE]

QFT... the amount of complaining on CAG is ridiculous sometimes, but that's the intarwebs for ya. If you want the uber-cheap sale price, but the game where it's on sale!

AND btw, Amazon doesn't have an official price match policy. Everyone here should know that by now.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm just going to say this - when Bulletstorm goes on sale next week, Bulletstorm for $7 w/out coupon or ESPECIALLY for $2 w/ coupon is a STEAL.

A lot of good deals coming from Amazon next week.
Thing is...I own most of those, already. :p[/QUOTE]
I already have Bulletstorm on X360, but for $2 on PC think I'd double dip and get more cheevo points. I enjoyed the game quite a bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back