Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kwirl']you are only going to get so much feedback from gamers trying to out e-peen each other before they get tired of those topics and move on :p you are going to have to turn the heat up a bit if you want people to keep reading. Remember, as gamers, our attention spans have been eroded to the point of non-existence as we evolve into the perfect consumers.

in my opinion, the only way you are going to get gamers seriously involved in those discussions is to throw in something debatable. Or, include pictures of babies kicking wild animals in the coconuts. for reasons i don't understand, those seem to get a lot of attention, too.

"If you could replace any video game's end boss with Justin Bieber, which game would you want to beat the most, mortal kombat excluded because executing a mortal kombat fatality on the bieber would obviously be the most played game in the world, so we are essentially looking for a second place finish"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atreyuevr']You couldn't even pay me to play a game with that kid in it, let alone discuss a topic concerning him.

While I agree with your base argument, you closed terribly.[/QUOTE]

These two posts literally made me LOL...although atreyuever...I think you validated kwirl's point. You IMMEDIATELY responded and your response sounds like something that would prompt others to respond.

I can't imagine what my boss would say if I posted anything about a pop star getting pummeled on an Amazon branded Facebook page but I think I can come up with some decent firebrands for you guys to chew on.

First couple that come to mind are:

What's more important in a game, Gamplay or Graphics?

Which franchise was more innovative, Super Mario or Halo?

Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3...GO!

I DID get a couple of PMs from people so I'll be posting a question tomorrow but it will likely be along the lines of

"What was the best video game made in the 90's and why?"

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I don't do the "FaceBook", but maybe a good topic might be:

and have a possible weekly sale based off of the top picks.[/QUOTE]

oooh I like this...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='UW_Shocks']If that's the case, I doubt we'll be told until EA week is almost over.[/QUOTE]

Not giving us this info actually is more likely to result in a loss of sale due to "saving the coupon for something better".

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'll be tossing out an update on Thursday or Friday this week. Still hammering out details. As always though, what I recommend is that, if you see a deal you think is awesome I'd jump on it :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If its an unbeatable deal like Dragon Age pack I definately will. However, there are some games like Medal Of Honor, that I do not really "want" but would purchase to use the coupon. However there are many of us who will end up saving our coupon for something better next week if I have some potential insight, or at least a theme.

Thur or Fri is good, but sooner is better.

[quote name='bwrobins']Not giving us this info actually is more likely to result in a loss of sale due to "saving the coupon for something better".

If its an unbeatable deal like Dragon Age pack I definately will. However, there are some games like Medal Of Honor, that I do not really "want" but would purchase to use the coupon. However there are many of us who will end up saving our coupon for something better next week if I have some potential insight, or at least a theme.

Thur or Fri is good, but sooner is better.[/QUOTE]

FYI, transparency again, the reason I want to wait until Thursday/Friday for a full leak is two fold:

1. We're still hammering out pricepoints and sales...example, the decision to run ANNO 2070 on Friday/Saturday happened late last week, and whether or not we extend that sale will be directly impacted by how many people actually buy the games on Friday/Saturday.

2. I'm testing timing leaks to see what is the best mix of giving our customers enough lead time to have an idea of what's going on with flooding everyone with so much info that they lose track of what they want to buy when.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='atreyuevr']You couldn't even pay me to play a game with that kid in it, let alone discuss a topic concerning him.

While I agree with your base argument, you closed terribly.[/QUOTE]

sorry, my attention span wandered and i regressed to a facebook thread i remember where it got like 200 of my friends involved because everyone united to bash poor bieber lol

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']These two posts literally made me LOL...although atreyuever...I think you validated kwirl's point. You IMMEDIATELY responded and your response sounds like something that would prompt others to respond.

I can't imagine what my boss would say if I posted anything about a pop star getting pummeled on an Amazon branded Facebook page but I think I can come up with some decent firebrands for you guys to chew on.

First couple that come to mind are:

What's more important in a game, Gamplay or Graphics?

Which franchise was more innovative, Super Mario or Halo?

Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3...GO!

I DID get a couple of PMs from people so I'll be posting a question tomorrow but it will likely be along the lines of

"What was the best video game made in the 90's and why?"

oooh I like this...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

jesus hurry up and post, i want to see how i can attack anyone who doesn't agree with me that UFO: Enemy Unknown (or x-com, for you newbies!), although I would give a shout out to the games that got me started in computer gaming - the SSI Gold Box title Pool of Radiance.

[quote name='kwirl']jesus hurry up and post, i want to see how i can attack anyone who doesn't agree with me that UFO: Enemy Unknown (or x-com, for you newbies!), although I would give a shout out to the games that got me started in computer gaming - the SSI Gold Box title Pool of Radiance.[/QUOTE]

Post scheduled for 5:00AM PST :). You just won my everlasting respect as a gamer for referencing Pool of Radiance...you win sir...you win.

I played SO many of those SSI games it isn't even funny.
Gateway/Treasures of the Savage Frontier consumed my life for a solid year.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']These two posts literally made me LOL...although atreyuever...I think you validated kwirl's point. You IMMEDIATELY responded and your response sounds like something that would prompt others to respond...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I must say that I'm literally falling asleep waiting for my friend to get here, and I'm just trying to find something to do in the meantime lol.

The topics you posted after your first run are, simply put, T-"money". I was instantly drawn to them, and I could seriously see myself wanting to involve myself, though I honestly will probably not due to sheer laziness. :lol:

Whatever the case, I can definitely see the merit in your second batch of topics, second run was much better. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Post scheduled for 5:00AM PST :). You just won my everlasting respect as a gamer for referencing Pool of Radiance...you win sir...you win.

I played SO many of those SSI games it isn't even funny.
Gateway/Treasures of the Savage Frontier consumed my life for a solid year.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

when i was 9 years old, way back in the 80's, no one where i grew up had a computer, but i got a job at a flea market where i watched the store during his lunch breaks, and the rest of the day he let me use his little tandy computer to play the old ssi titles. i was hooked. even though i was 19-20 years old before i could afford my own computer, i fixed school computers in exchange for access during lunchtimes, later i became a volunteer librarian in exchange for after hours t-1 access and computer time.

so i couldn't afford a computer, but i read every book in the entire county library system before i even had my own computer. then, at the library, i got into telnet and MUDs, after playing for a few years i worked on building areas for MUDs and developing what we called 'mobile programming' which was basically crude if-then programming to create entertaining text-based combat scenarios. lol, i made some great friends on MUDs in the 90's, and i'm happy to say that a few of them remain good friends almost 20 years later :)

Amz show up MOH as daily deal but still don't fix the price; come on amz don't tease me up; can't wait to pick up this bargain :((

[quote name='metalkidz']Amz show up MOH as daily deal but still don't fix the price; come on amz don't tease me up; can't wait to pick up this bargain :(([/QUOTE]

I promise, if I could make it go any faster I would :). Update as soon as it is live.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']1. We're still hammering out pricepoints and sales...example, the decision to run ANNO 2070 on Friday/Saturday happened late last week, and whether or not we extend that sale will be directly impacted by how many people actually buy the games on Friday/Saturday.[/QUOTE]While I'm usually annoyed by most of the bleating about DRM by some CAGs, it appears that the already evil Ubisoft has outdone themselves for pure suckitude by not only limiting your installs to three PCs, but three HARDWARE CHANGES, meaning if you upgrade your video card a couple of times, you're done with installing the game. It's as if Ubi heard the outcry over always-on DRM and said, "We can do worse. We can make the paying customers suffer even more. Muhahahahaha!"

This garbage is why I recommend buying the used console versions of games they put out so they don't make a penny and it's all legal. (Something the

re: Facebook - Why not give topics there a try, T-Money? FaceSpace has 700 million users. Are you going to ignore that potential buying pool in order to satisfy a small handful of elitist snob gamers? It's not as if they're going to stop buying your deals because you dared reach out to the unwashed heathen rabble and get more customers.

[quote name='DirkBelig']While I'm usually annoyed by most of the bleating about DRM by some CAGs, it appears that the already evil Ubisoft has outdone themselves for pure suckitude by not only limiting your installs to three PCs, but three HARDWARE CHANGES, meaning if you upgrade your video card a couple of times, you're done with installing the game. It's as if Ubi heard the outcry over always-on DRM and said, "We can do worse. We can make the paying customers suffer even more. Muhahahahaha!"

This garbage is why I recommend buying the used console versions of games they put out so they don't make a penny and it's all legal. (Something the

re: Facebook - Why not give topics there a try, T-Money? FaceSpace has 700 million users. Are you going to ignore that potential buying pool in order to satisfy a small handful of elitist snob gamers? It's not as if they're going to stop buying your deals because you dared reach out to the unwashed heathen rabble and get more customers.[/QUOTE]

Gonna touch on your first point first:

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

As for Facebook, we're definitely going to roll out some questions and discussions (starting in 4.5 hours :) ). I just appreciate how active this group is so I seek to include you in almost every conceivable way when I come up with new promotions/community driven exercises.

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. Medal of Honor price just flipped updating OP.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Gonna touch on your first point first:

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. Medal of Honor price just flipped updating OP.[/QUOTE]

All of that sounds awesome, thanks for taking the time to point it all out. I don't know how I didn't manage to get some of these 5$ coupons this season but it doesn't feel like a risk to buy from any manufacturer... which is kinda of dope :D

[quote name='DirkBelig']While I'm usually annoyed by most of the bleating about DRM by some CAGs, it appears that the already evil Ubisoft has outdone themselves for pure suckitude by not only limiting your installs to three PCs, but three HARDWARE CHANGES, meaning if you upgrade your video card a couple of times, you're done with installing the game. It's as if Ubi heard the outcry over always-on DRM and said, "We can do worse. We can make the paying customers suffer even more. Muhahahahaha!"

[/QUOTE]

What ?!

3 hardware changes ?!

I do hardware reviews specially graphics cards and at this very moment I have HD6970, HD6990, GTX580 and HD7970 waiting to be benched

Does this mean I will run out of activation times for UbiSoft games during the review ?! :whistle2:#

Tony, EA week sale claims at least 70% off titles but MoH is only 65% off. You should fix that ;)

So is there definitely going to be something else I can use my $5 coupon on in the next week? (After EA week?) Or should I just bite the bullet now(soon) on bulletstorm/crysis2 or something?

[quote name='h4mx0r']So is there definitely going to be something else I can use my $5 coupon on in the next week? (After EA week?) Or should I just bite the bullet now(soon) on bulletstorm/crysis2 or something?[/QUOTE]

yes, there is another week of sales after this one. One title mentioned specifically was anno 2070 (i think thats what its called)

[quote name='kwirl']yes, there is another week of sales after this one. One title mentioned specifically was anno 2070 (i think thats what its called)[/QUOTE]

oh sh!t anno 2070 for $10+coupon = $5??? tony please make this happen D: lol

[quote name='konzen30']oh sh!t anno 2070 for $10+coupon = $5??? tony please make this happen D: lol[/QUOTE]
the only thing turning me of about this is using ubisofts activation thing.

[quote name='tadmarker']the only thing turning me of about this is using ubisofts activation thing.[/QUOTE]

yeah i read about this somewhere, where you can only activate the game 3 times but the activation limit resets every month, so its no big deal for me.

[quote name='konzen30']oh sh!t anno 2070 for $10+coupon = $5??? tony please make this happen D: lol[/QUOTE]

It hasn't dropped off from $50 at all yet, so I very much doubt you'll see it for $10. It's not even two months old.

[quote name='tadmarker']the only thing turning me of about this is using ubisofts activation thing.[/QUOTE]

If you missed Tony's post a handful of posts before you, be sure to read it. Amazon is super nice and provides a new key if for some reason the DRM of a game prevents you from reinstalling it again.

Any suggestions on Medal of Honor vs Bad Company 2? I remember playing the original Bad Company demo years ago on 360 and I wasn't a huge fan at the time. For reference, I've played the first couple levels of Battlefield 3 and think it's decent so far.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Any suggestions on Medal of Honor vs Bad Company 2? I remember playing the original Bad Company demo years ago on 360 and I wasn't a huge fan at the time. For reference, I've played the first couple levels of Battlefield 3 and think it's decent so far.[/QUOTE]

I love the Bad Company games for single player, their ability to be funny and smart makes the games fun to play and makes the campaign fun to go through more then once.

If you want multiplayer options go ask someone else, I don't know how the PC version plays and I don't play the Live version online that much

[quote name='tominater12']Tony if I say preorder ME3 digitally and the price goes down between now and the release date do I get the lowest price?[/QUOTE]

Yep, we have a pre-order price guarantee that states just that, if you pre-order and the price changes (drops) between when you pre-order and 1 day after release then you get the difference between the two back.

[quote name='h4mx0r']So is there definitely going to be something else I can use my $5 coupon on in the next week? (After EA week?) Or should I just bite the bullet now(soon) on bulletstorm/crysis2 or something?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kwirl']yes, there is another week of sales after this one. One title mentioned specifically was anno 2070 (i think thats what its called)[/QUOTE]

What kwirl said, on Friday/Saturday we'll have ANNO 2070 on sale...though not for $10 lol.

Anno 2070 is literally like 2 months old, it will definitely not be $10. It WILL however be the lowest price you've seen on the market without the coupon, even better with.

[quote name='fmz65']So... Space Marine getting mentioned Tony?[/QUOTE]

Working on it, we've run into a couple of snags. Update as soon as possible

[quote name='captaink']It hasn't dropped off from $50 at all yet, so I very much doubt you'll see it for $10. It's not even two months old.[/QUOTE]

This.

Thanks for all the questions everyone!

I know this is OT but Tony, why was Max Payne SE splattered everywhere on Amazon as "PREORDER ONLY AVAILABLE TILL 1/15!"

Those ads are gone but surprise surprise, you can still preorder the SE.

Wnen I go to Origin to activate Medal of Honor, it asks me: "Please select the product that you would like to activate. Only one product can be activated for each code." Is there a difference between the US version vs European version??

[quote name='confoosious']I know this is OT but Tony, why was Max Payne SE splattered everywhere on Amazon as "PREORDER ONLY AVAILABLE TILL 1/15!"

Those ads are gone but surprise surprise, you can still preorder the SE.[/QUOTE]

It was a pre-order until January 15, 2012 "while supplies last" - my guess is they expected to sell out by then/marketing ploy, didn't and so are still selling them until they sell out, if they do. It wasn't an amazon thing, it was a Rockstar thing.

[quote name='MrWhitey']But it is on amazon for 19.99$ .[/QUOTE]

did not know that, well i got a 50% of coupon on steam for payday where you can get 4 copys for $30 if anyone is interested .

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I love the Bad Company games for single player, their ability to be funny and smart makes the games fun to play and makes the campaign fun to go through more then once.

If you want multiplayer options go ask someone else, I don't know how the PC version plays and I don't play the Live version online that much[/QUOTE]Actually not interested in multiplayer for either title, just single player. Thanks for the suggestion.

Does anyone have a couple of codes they don't want or are willing to trade? Check out my list and let me know. I'd like to get MoH and Bad Compnay for $2 each but not $7 since I have already played them. Thanks.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Actually not interested in multiplayer for either title, just single player. Thanks for the suggestion.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Bad Company is a fun single player game (either 1 or 2)
The characters are great

I'm in the same boat. I bit on Homefront, but I think I'd rather have MOH, BF2, and Crysis. My homefront steam key is still unused so if anyone wants Homefront in exchange for some codes they aren't going to use PM me.

[quote name='MrWhitey']Payday the heist maybe?:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tadmarker']i think this is Steam exclusive .[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']Or Dead Island :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']*cough* *cough*[/QUOTE]

These are both something we're actively working on.

[quote name='Callandor']Tony, I realize these are physical copies, and you're the DD guy, but any chance of getting Newegg's $47.99 sale prices on Syndicate or Kingdoms of Amalur matched?

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemai...EFL011712-_-EMC-011712-Index-_-E0-_-PromoWord (the games are down near the bottom)[/QUOTE]

I don't have a whole lot of visibility into what our physical team does and doesn't match. From the Digital Download side though we stick to staying competitive on Digital Deals. This might not make sense from your perspective, understandably, but the entire process for creating promotions like this changes when you start dealing with things like physical inventory.

[quote name='confoosious']I know this is OT but Tony, why was Max Payne SE splattered everywhere on Amazon as "PREORDER ONLY AVAILABLE TILL 1/15!"

Those ads are gone but surprise surprise, you can still preorder the SE.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the deal was there, but I'll ping someone and ask for clarity.

Cheers,
Tony

I wish these weren't all EA games. EA has had so many glitches in the past that I've gotten just about every good game on Origin for free. :(

Medal of Honor caught a lot of flak when it came out, but for $2 it has to be better than the critics.

Thanks T-Money-Man-With-Deals-Guy

[quote name='Z-Saber']Actually not interested in multiplayer for either title, just single player. Thanks for the suggestion.[/QUOTE]

I read MOH single player was very short. Like 3 hours.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I read MOH single player was very short. Like 3 hours.[/QUOTE]Well, if it's a fantastic three hours, it's worth $1.99. What's the length of Bad Company 2?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I read MOH single player was very short. Like 3 hours.[/QUOTE]

I hear it's more between 4-5 hours, but that's short enough for me to buy BC2 instead [6-7 hour campaign]. I was originally thinking MoH and BC2, now I'm thinking BC2 and maybe BulletStorm [7 hr campaign]; I already own everything else :p.

Tomorrow is the day for me!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I hear it's more between 4-5 hours, but that's short enough for me to buy BC2 instead [6-7 hour campaign]. I was originally thinking MoH and BC2, now I'm thinking BC2 and maybe BulletStorm [7 hr campaign]; I already own everything else :p.

Tomorrow is the day for me![/QUOTE]

I think it's bc2 and crysis 2 for me. Will leave me with 1 coupon for the last week.

MoH single player maybe short but is IMO was a much, much better then BC2 and BF3.

Honestly if they'd had just released BF3 multiplayer with MoH single player I'd literally buy the game again.

Get it for the SP - don't stay for the MP (DICE essentially phoned MP in) :p

I wonder how the MP would have turned out if Danger Close got the opportunity to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back