Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr_bungle']I can't get my $5 coupon to work, what do I need to do?[/QUOTE]

Ouch, that red writing looks like it hurts.

The code only works on certain games, make sure the game is one of the eligible games first. If it is, then check that the amount wasn't deducted from the subtotal. If it isn't I'd say try again. If that doesn't work, shoot T-money a PM and he'll help you out.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I can't get my $5 coupon to work, what do I need to do?[/QUOTE]

Add the coupon code on the payment page.
If it doesn't work, check to see if it already deducted the amount; if you previously applied the code but canceled the transaction it will still retain the code in your account.
Also, coupon only applies to "Bestsellers of 2011"

I just inquired via Origin Chat, MoH requires SecuROM even if you install/activate via Origin. Just letting you guys know; if I buy it it will be my first SecuROM game [I think]

Footnote: my first time using Origin Chat, miles better than STEAMs support ticket system :D

[quote name='metaly']I think I already know the answer, but just making sure: Will Medal of Honor activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's not a STEAMWORKS title. It will activate via Origin

Guys I have an extra Dead Space 2 key that I bought from Amazon, I got it for a friend but he bought one the same day I got it so it's just sitting on my account now. I'm willing to trade it to an Amazon promo code or to another game.

Kingdom of Amalur is releasing on both Origin and Steam, any idea if the Amazon DD version is Steam or Origin? Would prefer Steam... but since it's published by EA I'm guessing it'll be the Origin version.

Edit: Oh I see it 38 Studios listed as publisher on Steam. Hoping the Amazon DD version is Steam! :)

Maybe I missed the answer to this one but when I when I went to buy Dead Space 2 the other day for $5.00 it showed unavailable. I thought Amazon was working on it and now it is back up at $14.10?

[quote name='rockx4']Kingdom of Amalur is releasing on both Origin and Steam, any idea if the Amazon DD version is Steam or Origin? Would prefer Steam... but since it's published by EA I'm guessing it'll be the Origin version.[/QUOTE]

It's not listed on here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712878
Added with the fact that EA has never released a STEAMWORKS title leads me to believe your correct; it will be the Origin version.

Maybe I missed the answer to this one but when I when I went to buy Dead Space 2 the other day for $5.00 it showed unavailable. I thought Amazon was working on it and now it is back up at $14.10?
Amazon was actually pricematching STEAM at $5; that deal is now over.

I'll chime in as well and say that although MoH single player was relatively short, I felt that it was excellent. Also I never thought I'd get into MoH multiplayer, but I certainly spent loads of time playing it and had a ton of fun doing so.

Now just keeping my fingers crossed for a sweet deal on Dead Island!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']
Amazon was actually pricematching STEAM at $5; that deal is now over.[/QUOTE]

I realize it was a pricematch but it seemed to be an acknowledged problem with the codes at the time. I remember reading something in the OP about it.

I have an extra $5 promo coupon that I'm probably not going to use. If anyone wants to trade for it send me a PM. I'll be around for the next hour but I'll be gone from 8 to 11 EST.

Shot in the dark, but do you know if Kingdoms of Amaluar would be able to be registered on Steam, or is it an Origin only type of thing? I thought it would be an Origin only type of thing because it's a EA game but I was wrong.

[quote name='Midnight Express']I realize it was a pricematch but it seemed to be an acknowledged problem with the codes at the time. I remember reading something in the OP about it.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading this a few days back; it just seemed to me the deal was over.
Anyways, here's the statement regarding Dead Space 2 that was posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfenroIII
Will Dead Space 2 Go Back Up anytime soon?
You beat me to the question by about 45 seconds. We're working on it as we speak and I'll update if/when we get it back up today.

Cheers,
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfenroIII
Thanks , Tony. I thought i wouldn't be able to get it there for a second.

Just to be 100% transparent you still might not be able to. We're working on it but 11:00AM on the Sunday before a holiday makes it rough to guarantee we'll get it back up.

Like I said though, I've been on the phone since 9:00AM running down a solution.

Stay tuned, I'll send you a PM if we get any movement, also, if you want to PM me your email address I'll drop you a note if we get it back up.

Cheers,
Tony
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303554&highlight=dead+space&page=174

I experienced the same issue with Risen. You win some, you lose some.

=====
Shot in the dark, but do you know if Kingdoms of Amaluar would be able to be registered on Steam, or is it an Origin only type of thing? I thought it would be an Origin only type of thing because it's a EA game but I was wrong.
Literally, just look up a few posts ahead of yours.

[quote name='CephalicCarnage']Now just keeping my fingers crossed for a sweet deal on Dead Island![/QUOTE]

You and me both. I only have one coupon...should I buy bulletstorm or wait to see if there is a deal on Dead Island?

Thanks for the reply UW_Shocks, I was under the impression that when it did come back up it would be $5.00 since it seemed to be an issue on their end. Not the end of the world, just an observation.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Thanks for the reply UW_Shocks, I was under the impression that when it did come back up it would be $5.00 since it seemed to be an issue on their end. Not the end of the world, just an observation.[/QUOTE]

I have an extra Dead Space 2 key from Amazon that you could activate on Origin. Trade for your $5 promo code or another game that I don't have yet?

[quote name='UW_Shocks']It's not listed on here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712878
Added with the fact that EA has never released a STEAMWORKS title leads me to believe your correct; it will be the Origin version.
[/QUOTE]

That's not true. 38 Studios is using the EA Partners program which just does distribution. Valve uses the EA Partners program for all their games in retail. If you buy a PC copy of Left 4 Dead 2 EA's logo is right there, but it obviously is a Steamworks game.

That list you linked too is sadly outdated and seems to not be updated as much anymore either.

All that being said, I don't expect this game to be Steamworks in the slightest.

There are so many "does xxx activate on Steam/Origin" posts it hurts. 1000 fictional CAG achievement points to the person who goes through this thread and counts how many there are.

Also, I think I'll skip on Bad Company 2 since I didn't play the first one. I've also got Battlefield 3 that I still haven't played through. Just picked up Medal of Honor, and I'll wait until next week to see if there's anything more I should get since I have everything else that's on sale.

Cannot wait for Wednesday to see what Tony has in store for the upcoming week. Unfortunately, like probably most of us, I already own all the remaining games in this week's EA sale...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

I'm not sure what the deal was there, but I'll ping someone and ask for clarity.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I learned my lesson from Dragon Age II Signature Edition but I just found it funny/lame that every time I went to the video game section, the Max Payne promo was there. (I did preorder) and today I checked to see and of course, it's still available to preorder.

I didn't see this posted before...if I did sorry I missed it

But Sonic Generations is now on the Best Selling Games list....

I smell a deal coming up........ :)

[quote name='Z-Saber']There are so many "does xxx activate on Steam/Origin" posts it hurts. 1000 fictional CAG achievement points to the person who goes through this thread and counts how many there are.

Also, I think I'll skip on Bad Company 2 since I didn't play the first one. I've also got Battlefield 3 that I still haven't played through. Just picked up Medal of Honor, and I'll wait until next week to see if there's anything more I should get since I have everything else that's on sale.[/QUOTE]
79 :) Now wheres my cheevos?

Still crossing my fingers that Darkspore will go back on sale, since I played the demo and finally convinced myself to buy it a couple of weeks ago and it went up in price a few minutes before that. I guess if it was going to go on sale it would probably have been one of the dailies this week, but I'll keep my fingers crossed in case.

Either way, even if I only get to use a couple of my coupons I've still gotten some amazing deals. Thanks for this promotion Tony. Between this and the holidays I'm really happy with Amazon.

[quote name='KieferCrimson']How do I register the DLC for Dragon Age Origins? Do I enter it into Origins directly or is there something else to do?[/QUOTE]

I had to load the main game, and log/create a "Bioware network" account. Then when it brings up an internet page with your login information, you can then activate the DLC using the KEY.

[quote name='KieferCrimson']How do I register the DLC for Dragon Age Origins?[/quote]
Take the DLC Key and you have to activate that w/ your Bioware Social account.

Okay, I did that and now DLC is showing as Unauthorized, weird.

Just fixed it, if someone else is getting the "unauthorized" glitch, enter here and download patch 1.05, install it and then the Unauthorized issue will be gone.

I downloaded the game with Origin and added the link as Non-Steam game, closed Origin and voilá. You won't have a cool background on the Library nor a flashy banner on the Grid view, but it works just fine. :p

Thanks for the advice guys. :D

[quote name='KieferCrimson']Okay, I did that and now DLC is showing as Unauthorized, weird.

Just fixed it, if someone else is getting the "unauthorized" glitch, enter here and download patch 1.05, install it and then the Unauthorized issue will be gone.

I downloaded the game with Origin and added the link as Non-Steam game, closed Origin and voilá. You won't have a cool background on the Library nor a flashy banner on the Grid view, but it works just fine. :p[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you got it working.
Happy gaming!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Updated with new pricing on Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate, Crysis Maximum, and some Sims titles. If you purchased DA:O or Crysis Maximum yesterday or today at the current sale price:

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate: $8.99
Crysis Maximum: $7.49

Then you'll be getting an email with a credit to your account for the difference. I don't have a solid timeline for when you'll get the credit, as we're going into a holiday weekend. Just wanted to let you know that it is coming.

Also note, I've added "TODAY ONLY" next to the titles this applies to. Happy gaming!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the note guys! I'm escalating this up right now to make sure everything went out ok. Very sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to let you know that the credit has still not go through for me. It's not a big deal but I though you would want to know. I was wanting to use the credit to pick up Bulletstorm :D

I'm thinking I better buy BC2 tonight! Might lose power later tonight or tomorrow...
Local weather forecaster on TV just predicted EVERYONE in Washington state will receive between 0 and 12 inches of snow! Good job with those prediction skills!

[quote name='Cyn100']Just wanted to let you know that the credit has still not go through for me. It's not a big deal but I though you would want to know. I was wanting to use the credit to pick up Bulletstorm :D[/QUOTE]

Hey there, thanks for calling this out again. I just reached out to our CS team on this. They are working on it as we speak, hopefully done in time for Friday. I'll follow up tomorrow.

[quote name='KieferCrimson']Okay, I did that and now DLC is showing as Unauthorized, weird.

I downloaded the game with Origin and added the link as Non-Steam game, closed Origin and voilá. You won't have a cool background on the Library nor a flashy banner on the Grid view, but it works just fine. :p

Thanks for the advice guys. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad you posted this. My DLC wasn't working and this fixed it np.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I didn't see this posted before...if I did sorry I missed it

But Sonic Generations is now on the Best Selling Games list....

I smell a deal coming up........ :)[/QUOTE]

If this is the case, I will be the first to recommend this game to anyone who hasn't played sonic games in ages. My last real go at sonic was the genesis days. And I love the new-old feel of the levels and gameplay.

And secondly,

Tony, since you are all about transparency (which I would say you do a very good job at btw), you can't honestly tell me that you are still collecting sales data to determine the best selling games of 2011.

Is it possible to explain the criteria your team is using to update the list?

[quote name='SCMoney360']If this is the case, I will be the first to recommend this game to anyone who hasn't played sonic games in ages. My last real go at sonic was the genesis days. And I love the new-old feel of the levels and gameplay.

And secondly,

Tony, since you are all about transparency (which I would say you do a very good job at btw), you can't honestly tell me that you are still collecting sales data to determine the best selling games of 2011.

Is it possible to explain the criteria your team is using to update the list?[/QUOTE]

Sure thing, I actually addressed your question about adding games to the list earlier.

Basically we were done collecting sales data after about the first week in January (the 6th). What we did last week was take that sales data and apply a weighting system to it. For example, we didn't think it was fair to exclude games like Sonic and ANNO from the "Best Sellers of 2011" list simply because they were released so late in the year. So we backed into what their sales rank would have looked like based on a whole battery of metrics, including things like initial sales, how they performed under promotion, etc. Developing this kind of curve and applying it in a way that makes sense isn't easy, nor something we wanted to do back of the napkin style.

The reason you're still seeing stuff added (although I can tell you the list should now be finalized) is because we've all been pretty slammed post holiday doing things like setting up these promotions, getting emails set up for them, etc.

Hope that makes sense, sorry you didn't see the initial response to this, if it doesn't let me know and I'll gladly try and add clarity.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back