Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mr. T, got a couple of questions for ya about the Amazon download version of crysis max:

1) Is there plans to release the 64bit exe version of crysis within the game files? I read that it was strangely left out of the digital release at amazon (vs the retail disk releases).

2) Similarly, is there plans to include the sandbox editor back into the package also for the digital edition? Again, another thing that was apparently taken out of the digital edition from what I read.

Still getting it in a few hours for 2.50 (honestly...who is crazy enough not to at that price?????) but just wanted to inquire into that if you have a chance down to road to look into that.

Also, just for you Tony....

"RAWR I am so madz!"

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

I'll answer your questions backwards:

1. You aren't charged until we deliver some sort of bits. Meaning if the game has pre-load then we'll charge you when it is available for pre-load, if it doesn't, then you get charged at launch. Either way you aren't charged right now, and yes, you can cancel anytime.

2. We have a pre-order price guarantee so if we drop the price after you pre-order then you will get the "best" price we've offered. So if you order at $51 dollars and we change the price to $45 2 days before launch then you'll get charged $45, not $51.

Does this clarify?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

On #1, good to know. Thanks for the info. As for #2, I was mainly wondering if the price was going to go back up to $60 before the game's release. Still not sure on which platform I'm getting KoA but I was wondering if I should "lock in" the $51 price since it's the best I can find right now for the PC version. Thanks again.

[quote name='hal']The online bit of the Anno DRM is a bit annoying, but at least you don't get kicked out of your game if you lose connection - you just can't use the Ark bonuses, etc that are tied to the Ubi servers. The "3 machine changes" limit would be the real deal killer if it weren't for Amazon's generous policy, so it does make Amazon the retailer of choice for Anno.

Tony, can you try to let us know if Anno has TAGES DRM?

Haha well this is CAG after all.[/QUOTE]

Heard back on this, it sounds like the DRM isn't TAGES, it is the Ubisoft DRM.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Hey Mr. T, got a couple of questions for ya about the Amazon download version of crysis max:

1) Is there plans to release the 64bit exe version of crysis within the game files? I read that it was strangely left out of the digital release at amazon (vs the retail disk releases).

2) Similarly, is there plans to include the sandbox editor back into the package also for the digital edition? Again, another thing that was apparently taken out of the digital edition from what I read.

Still getting it in a few hours for 2.50 (honestly...who is crazy enough not to at that price?????) but just wanted to inquire into that if you have a chance down to road to look into that.

"RAWR I am so madz!"[/QUOTE]

You win in video game trivia today...I legitimately have no clue what the answer to either of those quesitons is.

Knowledge fail, hard.

[quote name='Killbomb']On #1, good to know. Thanks for the info. As for #2, I was mainly wondering if the price was going to go back up to $60 before the game's release. Still not sure on which platform I'm getting KoA but I was wondering if I should "lock in" the $51 price since it's the best I can find right now for the PC version. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

I can't say with 100% certainty that the price will or won't go back to $60 before launch. What I can tell you is that there's no "risk" in pre-ordering because we don't charge your card until we deliver a piece of software (either pre-load or launch date) and you can cancel anytime.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='cheaphuck']When did Anno of all games become so popular? Give us Dead Island already. So many in the thread want that.[/QUOTE]

If I were your mother, I'd smack you. :nottalking:

Be grateful for the great deals we're getting, and don't talk back!

I got an email saying from Amazon:

We're contacting you about order #102-3795380-7378616 for "Dead Space 2." We recently learned of an issue with the product key that resulted in an error when trying to activate your game. We're very sorry about this.

As a result, we've replaced your product key......(etc.)

Does this mean I have another free copy of Dead Space 2 that I can give away/trade? (I already activated my original code on Origin with no problems, but never touched it since I already played through it several times on PS3).

lol Crysis Maximum is already unavailable? That was fast..

[quote name='sneakysnake128']I got an email saying from Amazon:

We're contacting you about order #102-3795380-7378616 for "Dead Space 2." We recently learned of an issue with the product key that resulted in an error when trying to activate your game. We're very sorry about this.

As a result, we've replaced your product key......(etc.)

Does this mean I have another free copy of Dead Space 2 that I can give away/trade? (I already activated my original code on Origin with no problems, but never touched it since I already played through it several times on PS3).[/QUOTE]

You need to install it and then launch the game and go through the activation wizard to check if your key is valid. Registering it to Origin isn't enough to check if it's valid. The reason why they sent out that email is because some of the keys had issues (they'd register to Origin, but wouldn't activate after you installed/tried activating through the wizard).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Question back at you so I make sure I'm fully understanding. What is the benefit of having it activated right now as opposed to later when the best systems are in place to support the transition?

[/QUOTE]
No differences for me, I can wait:)

[quote name='sunghost']lol Crysis Maximum is already unavailable? That was fast..
[/QUOTE]

No shit. The one time I'm actually up at 4am and it's already gone...

In fact, you can simply ask the EA customer service agents to active the Crysis Maximum for you, then it'll appear on your own library. Swiftly done

[quote name='Rosterking']So I chatted with EA about the Vietnam/Deluxe thing and said as a valuable customer, I will make an exception and give you a code. :D
Score...[/QUOTE]

An that is the ONLY good thing about EA :lol:

How could Crysis ME go that fast ?!

Dead Space 2 is $6.99 now, did Amazon replace Crysis ME for it ?

This thread is now stickied. Congrats, everyone. :)

In reference to the EA Origin activation conflagration, in most cases if you can't convince the phone or chat rep to do a manual activation, you're out of luck. The rep I talked to basically said "you sound trustworthy, so I'm gonna go ahead and add the games for you." This was after being rejected by the online text chat 3 times. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of potentially being rejected, just install the game and run it without Origin... it works just the same. If you HAVE TO have it in a client, you can always manually add any game to Steam and it will get the Steam shift+tab overlay. At this point getting it added by a rep is very YMMV, but it's not like you can't play the game. And when Amazon absorbs EA and Steam for the Amazon Ubergames Platform, you'll want it in the Games & Software library anyway. ;)

Well crap. Hopefully some more get restocked later in the day & I actually catch one.

Tony, I apologize if this has been asked already but any thoughts on using Google+ as well as Facebook/Twitter for announcements/discussions? That's the only social media I use and frankly, the only one I WANT to use. Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI Crysis Maximum is live, $7.49 pre-coupon, $2.49 with coupon :)[/QUOTE]

I don't suppose you can hint at whether Sonic Generations may be a deal next week, since it was recently added to the list? I only have one coupon left, and debating whether to grab Crysis 2 for $5 (sweet deal btw!) or gamble and see if Sonic Generations gets a huge mark down before the end of the month as part of the ongoing promotions.

[quote name='mtxbass1']No shit. The one time I'm actually up at 4am and it's already gone...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Must be a glitch; I'm pretty sure Amazon has more than enough KEYs as they have been prepping for this[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tjs09']Where the heck is Crysis Max? I've been waiting all week for it..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Larce80']lol its the first one that I wanted to buy too[/QUOTE]

[quote name='argyle']Well crap. Hopefully some more get restocked later in the day & I actually catch one.

Tony, I apologize if this has been asked already but any thoughts on using Google+ as well as Facebook/Twitter for announcements/discussions? That's the only social media I use and frankly, the only one I WANT to use. Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kurina']I don't suppose you can hint at whether Sonic Generations may be a deal next week, since it was recently added to the list? I only have one coupon left, and debating whether to grab Crysis 2 for $5 (sweet deal btw!) or gamble and see if Sonic Generations gets a huge mark down before the end of the month as part of the ongoing promotions.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

Sorry about the "unavailable" messaging and lack of ability to buy these last 3 hours. Had a hiccup in the back end that needed to be resolved. The product is now back up for sale.

[quote name='sublime2d']This thread is now stickied. Congrats, everyone. :)

In reference to the EA Origin activation conflagration, in most cases if you can't convince the phone or chat rep to do a manual activation, you're out of luck. The rep I talked to basically said "you sound trustworthy, so I'm gonna go ahead and add the games for you." This was after being rejected by the online text chat 3 times. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of potentially being rejected, just install the game and run it without Origin... it works just the same. If you HAVE TO have it in a client, you can always manually add any game to Steam and it will get the Steam shift+tab overlay. At this point getting it added by a rep is very YMMV, but it's not like you can't play the game. And when Amazon absorbs EA and Steam for the Amazon Ubergames Platform, you'll want it in the Games & Software library anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yay Sticky!

[quote name='Kurina']I don't suppose you can hint at whether Sonic Generations may be a deal next week, since it was recently added to the list? I only have one coupon left, and debating whether to grab Crysis 2 for $5 (sweet deal btw!) or gamble and see if Sonic Generations gets a huge mark down before the end of the month as part of the ongoing promotions.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing, Sonic is going to be $14.99 pre-coupon. So coupon customers will be able to get it for $9.99, which is right around the price it was over holiday.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure thing, Sonic is going to be $14.99 pre-coupon. So coupon customers will be able to get it for $9.99, which is right around the price it was over holiday.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply! Makes my decision much easier now. Much appreciated :D

Any chance of Saints Row 3 or Dead Island being a final week deal? Thanks to this sale and Amazon, I've managed to pick up all of the high profile games I've wanted for 2011 and those two games are the last ones I need. :D

Does anyone know if bulletstorm will activate on steam? Or if it requires origin? I'm planning on getting it either way, but if it does not require origin, I see no point in installing it

I couldn't find a straight answer to this in the thread, so apologies if I'm just missing it.

How does the SecuROM work in Crysis ME? Is there a licence revoker tool, a la Arkham Asylum? Or is it 5 activations period unless EA feels like giving us more?

[quote name='mokmoof']I couldn't find a straight answer to this in the thread, so apologies if I'm just missing it.

How does the SecuROM work in Crysis ME? Is there a licence revoker tool, a la Arkham Asylum? Or is it 5 activations period unless EA feels like giving us more?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the DRM is on the game itself but here's Amazon's policy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...0205020&#times

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not sure what the DRM is on the game itself but here's Amazon's policy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...0205020&#times

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Tony. But to be totally frank, it's not Amazon's policy that worries me. ;)

[quote name='mokmoof']Thanks, Tony. But to be totally frank, it's not Amazon's policy that worries me. ;)[/QUOTE]

Why worry? If the key no longer works you could ask a new one from Amazon. Hopefully this policy won't change in the future.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Hey Mr. T, got a couple of questions for ya about the Amazon download version of crysis max:

"RAWR I am so madz!"[/QUOTE]

Got an answer to this from our QA team:

We've installed and tested this game on a Win 7 64 bit machine, if you have issues you should run in compatibility mode.

In regards to the sandbox editor, no one is sure about that over here, so I'll ask you a BETTER obscure question!

How do you get the mop in Chrono Trigger?

Cheers,
Tony

EA shooting themselves in the foot. Was all ready to buy a ton of EA games until finding out that A) drm allows limited installs B) not available on Steam and C) Didn't even work with their own crappy Origin.

No wonder why people pirate games.

I'm sorry if this was already asked I did a search and nothing came up.

Is Kingdoms of Amalur able to be activated on Steam or is it Origin or what? It's being sold on both Origin AND Steam and usually it's one or the other... I emailed Amazon yesterday and the CS rep replied saying they couldn't find the answer and I should contact EA.

[quote name='JKSonic']I'm sorry if this was already asked I did a search and nothing came up.

Is Kingdoms of Amalur able to be activated on Steam or is it Origin or what? It's being sold on both Origin AND Steam and usually it's one or the other... I emailed Amazon yesterday and the CS rep replied saying they couldn't find the answer and I should contact EA.[/QUOTE]

I'm running specific information down on this today, hopefully have an update soon. Stay tuned :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm running specific information down on this today, hopefully have an update soon. Stay tuned :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for quick reply, I shall check back then!

I had just bought Just Cause 2 and Deus Ex from you guys and they both activated on Steam...but then I saw that KoA was also being sold on Origin so wasn't sure.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You know what I love about CAG? Messages like this...

Your message essentially is:

"Man none of these deals are what I want and I've got 2 of these coupons left to use."

but instead of ending it with:

"RAWR I am so madz!"

You end it with:

"Thanks for the great deals so far, even if they weren't for me".

I'll toss that thanks right back at you and the rest of CAG. Thanks for being passionate about gaming, thanks for wanting to get great deals on games, but most importantly, thanks for being so cool and welcoming.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No worries, Tony.

I know you're doing what you can. No point in ranting about it. Just trying to enjoy the ride.

[quote name='JKSonic']Is Kingdoms of Amalur able to be activated on Steam or is it Origin or what? It's being sold on both Origin AND Steam and usually it's one or the other... I emailed Amazon yesterday and the CS rep replied saying they couldn't find the answer and I should contact EA.[/QUOTE]

My GUESS is that Steam keys will activate on Origin, but not the other way around. It's an EA game, but I guess 38 Studios also wanted it on Steam, so it's on both sites.

But then again, the game does have Steam Achievements and Steam Cloud support (according to Steam's site: http://store.steampowered.com/app/102500/ ), so maybe all keys will activate both on Steam AND Origin (or they'll be exclusive to both).

What a waste of an answer, sorry. I guess nobody can say until the game is released because EA hates Steam, except 38 Studios doesn't seem like they do.

Btw, if you want the demo version, get it from Steam. If you get it from Origin, the demo version stays in your My Games library and can NOT be removed without contacting support. It's dumb.

Man, I hope Sonic will come with steam keys. I've had my eye on it for the longest. Thanks Amazon DVG Deals, your work is much appreciated, keep it up!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Got an answer to this from our QA team:

We've installed and tested this game on a Win 7 64 bit machine, if you have issues you should run in compatibility mode.

In regards to the sandbox editor, no one is sure about that over here, so I'll ask you a BETTER obscure question!

How do you get the mop in Chrono Trigger?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Thanks for pursuing the question for everyone. I think somehow there was a disconnect though. The question wasn't about compatibility. The x64 bit version of the game was optimized for those systems and had a few extra features I believe. I know that I somehow got my D2D copy to run with the x64 exe but I can't remember how and can't find very many sources on it right now. I did however find some instructions on how to ge the steam version working with the x64 exe and with a bit of tinkering should apply to this version as well.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1221787.html

EDIT: Just tested using the download they link to extracting it in the folder and running crysis.exe from the bin64 folder and it worked like a charm. Since you aren't running through steam forget all the renaming stuff they suggest. On another note though most people seem to say there is virtually no performance increase running in x64 and in some cases its worse.

As far as the sandbox editor, it looks like people downloading from EADM (Origin's name before it changed) got it to work using this method:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=263005#p263005

As for Crysis Warhead, it looks like patch 1.1 added a 64-bit executable. You can grab it here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/192111/190000/fileinfo/Crysis-Warhead-Patch-1

Thanks,

[quote name='Beer Monkey']How the hell do I keep missing Dead Space 2 at $10 or less? I check several times a day.[/QUOTE]

Are you in the US? It seems like it's been on sale for $5 on Steam more often than it's not. Amazon always price matches that.

Confirmed, and downloading now. I was unable to activate Warhead until later this morning. So either the server that does this process was down, or EA fixed Warhead.

Crysis still will not activate.
Hopefully, this will come.

[quote name='BinaryTB']My GUESS is that Steam keys will activate on Origin, but not the other way around. It's an EA game, but I guess 38 Studios also wanted it on Steam, so it's on both sites.[/QUOTE]

Could be the case and thanks for the speculation...but the real confusing part is what about purchases from other 3rd party sellers like Amazon. Unless they let you chose one or the other at checkout, which I guess is technically feasible.

[quote name='JKSonic']Could be the case and thanks for the speculation...but the real confusing part is what about purchases from other 3rd party sellers like Amazon. Unless they let you chose one or the other at checkout, which I guess is technically feasible.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you for sure that this functionality doesn't exist today. Its something we've talked about but don't have a timeline for just yet.

Cheers,
Tony

I purchased the Crysis Maximum pack about 15 minutes ago and apparently, according to the customer service rep on Origin, both keys that came with the pack were invalid.

I'm going to call Amazon's customer service to see about getting valid keys.

[quote name='UlysisAM']I purchased the Crysis Maximum pack about 15 minutes ago and apparently, according to the customer service rep on Origin, both keys that came with the pack were invalid.

I'm going to call Amazon's customer service to see about getting valid keys.[/QUOTE]

They don't activate on origin.

[quote name='sunghost']Crysis Warhead does if you use this link: https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

The rep shouldn't have said they were invalid though.. unless they don't work even after trying to activate the key outside of Origin.[/QUOTE]

Well the rep is going to try to add the games to my Origin account, so that is nice. They did this once before with Mass Effect so I appreciate them going that extra mile to keep me as a satisfied customer.

Also, the first and only place I tried to activate the keys were in Origin. I forgot about that activation site. Thank you for the reminder.

[quote name='UlysisAM']Well the rep is going to try to add the games to my Origin account, so that is nice. They did this once before with Mass Effect so I appreciate them going that extra mile to keep me as a satisfied customer.

Also, the first and only place I tried to activate the keys were in Origin. I forgot about that activation site. Thank you for the reminder.[/QUOTE]

I just contacted their live support and they added Crysis to my Origin account within 15 mins, also got a 15% off discount code lol. This is my first time using their live support, and it was a great experience. From what I've heard, it really depends on what rep you get though.. so I guess it could just be luck.

Also, the key they added is different than the one I got from Amazon.

[quote name='sunghost']I just contacted their live support and they added Crysis to my Origin account within 15 mins, also got a 15% off discount code lol. This is my first time using their live support, and it was a great experience. From what I've heard, it really depends on what rep you get though.. so I guess it could just be luck.

Also, the key they added is different than the one I got from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Contacting them now.

[EDIT] Live chatting and currently waiting to hear back his findings
[EDIT] He manually added Crysis to my account. I also received the 15% discount code for the trouble

To get the live discussion started, go here -> https://help.ea.com/connect-with-us?product=crysis

The key thing to notice about the url ABOVE is that I am not inquiring about Origin, but Crysis. It seems live help is currently unavailable for Origin. If you follow this link -> https://help.ea.com/connect-with-us?product=origin You will notice that Live Chat is grayed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back