Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted Origin's live chat support the other night to see if they could knock the obsolete BF3 alpha and beta items off my catalog and they were able to do it without fuss. Had to wait 5-10 minutes for them to get to me, but I just stuck the chat window in a corner and surfed as I waited for them to get to me. Got a 15% coupon, but why spend more with them when Tony and A'zon have got the deals?

[quote name='sunghost']I just contacted their live support and they added Crysis to my Origin account within 15 mins, also got a 15% off discount code lol. This is my first time using their live support, and it was a great experience. From what I've heard, it really depends on what rep you get though.. so I guess it could just be luck.

Also, the key they added is different than the one I got from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you got lucky. I finally talked to someone on the phone and we spent 20 minutes to get both games added to no avail.

Oh well, looks like it won't work. No biggie. Just would have loved to have all my EA games under one account in Origin.

[quote name='UlysisAM']Wow, you got lucky. I finally talked to someone on the phone and we spent 20 minutes to get both games added to no avail.

Oh well, looks like it won't work. No biggie. Just would have loved to have all my EA games under one account in Origin.[/QUOTE]

They may have to add an entirely new key to your account, which may be why some reps don't want to do it. I don't think they can register your current Amazon key to it. The rep I talked to knew I purchased the key from Amazon (he asked to make sure).

I figured it out:

Any game that was published by EA prior to 2008 can not be redeemed on Origin. To get it on your Origin account, you have to go to this site: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do , log into your EA account and enter your activation key. Hopefully that will work for everyone in getting Crysis and Crysis Warhead on your Origin account.

[quote name='UlysisAM']I figured it out:

Any game that was published by EA prior to 2008 can not be redeemed on Origin. To get it on your Origin account, you have to go to this site: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do , log into your EA account and enter your activation key. Hopefully that will work for everyone in getting Crysis and Crysis Warhead on your Origin account.[/QUOTE]

There's actually 2 activation sites (they look identical, but they are different and do activate differently), and one of them didn't work for Crysis or Crysis Warhead when I tried it last night (I think the one that didn't activate Crysis/Crysis Warhead is https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do). https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do does work for Crysis Warhead though. The only way to register Crysis right now is to contact EA's live support and hope that you'll get a helpful rep.

[quote name='UlysisAM']I figured it out:

Any game that was published by EA prior to 2008 can not be redeemed on Origin. To get it on your Origin account, you have to go to this site: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do , log into your EA account and enter your activation key. Hopefully that will work for everyone in getting Crysis and Crysis Warhead on your Origin account.[/QUOTE]

This did not work for my Crysis code, but for Warhead it did. I had to do live chat for a Rep to add Crysis to my Origin account. For anyone interested, look at my previous post for the link, etc.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
but instead of ending it with:

"RAWR I am so madz!"

You end it with:

"Thanks for the great deals so far, even if they weren't for me".[/QUOTE]
So, what you're saying is it is now obligatory to end all pertinent posts that are either angry in tone or complaining about something with "RAWR I am so madz!" correct?

"Man, I can't believe you won't have Crysis 2 for free after coupon!

RAWR I am so madz! :bomb: "

[quote name='UlysisAM']Well the rep is going to try to add the games to my Origin account, so that is nice. They did this once before with Mass Effect so I appreciate them going that extra mile to keep me as a satisfied customer.

Also, the first and only place I tried to activate the keys were in Origin. I forgot about that activation site. Thank you for the reminder.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I just contacted their live support and they added Crysis to my Origin account within 15 mins, also got a 15% off discount code lol. This is my first time using their live support, and it was a great experience. From what I've heard, it really depends on what rep you get though.. so I guess it could just be luck.

Also, the key they added is different than the one I got from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='XtraN']Nice! Contacting them now.

[EDIT] Live chatting and currently waiting to hear back his findings
[EDIT] He manually added Crysis to my account. I also received the 15% discount code for the trouble

To get the live discussion started, go here -> https://help.ea.com/connect-with-us?product=crysis

The key thing to notice about the url ABOVE is that I am not inquiring about Origin, but Crysis. It seems live help is currently unavailable for Origin. Following this link -> https://help.ea.com/connect-with-us?product=crysis You will notice that Live Chat is grayed out[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']If you can't install Crysis via Origin, as a last resort it should still download from Amazon and install just like a retail disk.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DirkBelig']I contacted Origin's live chat support the other night to see if they could knock the obsolete BF3 alpha and beta items off my catalog and they were able to do it without fuss. Had to wait 5-10 minutes for them to get to me, but I just stuck the chat window in a corner and surfed as I waited for them to get to me. Got a 15% coupon, but why spend more with them when Tony and A'zon have got the deals?[/QUOTE]

FYI, I addressed this a few posts back and on the OP. EA is diligently working to build a process (read reprogram their system) to make this process for getting these games activated streamlined and user friendly.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='sunghost']There's actually 2 activation sites (they look identical, but they are different and do activate differently), and one of them didn't work for Crysis or Crysis Warhead when I tried it last night (I thinkthe one that didn't activate Crysis/Crysis Warhead is https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do). https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do does work for Crysis Warhead though. The only way to register Crysis right now is to contact EA's live support and hope that you'll get a helpful rep.[/QUOTE]

Now that is weird because it worked for Crysis but not for Warhead.

EDIT: Nevermind, it redeemed Warhead as well. EA customer service also sent me a 15% off code so that's sweet. Probably use it for Reckoning.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, I addressed this a few posts back and on the OP. EA is diligently working to build a process (read reprogram their system) to make this process for getting these games activated streamlined and user friendly.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read that, but some of us are too impatient to wait for EA to reprogram their system ;).

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I read that, but some of us are too impatient to wait for EA to reprogram their system ;).[/QUOTE]

My problem is and this might be others as well but if I don't have all my games in one place or two ( steam and origin) ill never remember what i have. I only have 150 or so but if one went missing I probably wouldn't even notice until way down the line or never. I also have some issue where I have more fun buying activating and collecting games than playing. Im just a digital hoarder I guess.

Honestly, while I had the chance to get crysis, the drm on it turned me off. Do think it's much better in 2 though, so will probably jump on that.

Also, you get the mop in chrono trigger by using charm on a Nu.

what is the big advantage to activating on ea/origin? Im thinking of buying it but whats so bad about the DRM?

[quote name='UlysisAM']Now that is weird because it worked for Crysis but not for Warhead.

EDIT: Nevermind, it redeemed Warhead as well. EA customer service also sent me a 15% off code so that's sweet. Probably use it for Reckoning.[/QUOTE]

Those codes will not apply to new or pre-order releases ;)

Guys, Alice Madness Returns is really an awesome game :applause:

Just a thanks to the Amazon team and the great deals and finally being able to use some coupons this week I thought would go to waste...

[quote name='Larce80']what is the big advantage to activating on ea/origin? Im thinking of buying it but whats so bad about the DRM?[/QUOTE]
You can re-download the game whenever you want through Origin, if needed.
If you have a EA game on disc, I suggest you DO activate it on Origin - you know, just in case you lose the disc.

About Origin, a lot of people are NOT fond of Origin's EULA b/c there is forced data-mining. Some people feel that it is an invasion of privacy.
Meanwhile, Steam's data-mining IS optional - and you have to tell it, if you want it to data-mine.

Also, a lot of people aren't fond of the way that some programs like Origin and Steam give the publisher too much power via whatever their EULA states - i.e. they can shut your games and/or account off for [just insert a reason].

Also, some people don't like Securom. EA has used that before, in numerous different forms. Some of the problems it's had in the past w/ online activation actually happening, install limitations causing problems, the DRM causing system stability issues, blacklisting programs cause a game not to boot, their install-revoking process actually can be considered a form of rootkeying, and anything else you can think of.

Personally, I've never had many problems w/ Origin and Steam...luckily.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']A week is more then 2 days[/QUOTE]
than*
So whats after that?
[quote name='MysterD']You can re-download the game whenever you want through Origin, if needed.
If you have a EA game on disc, I suggest you DO activate it on Origin - you know, just in case you lose the disc.

About Origin, a lot of people are NOT fond of Origin's EULA b/c there is forced data-mining. Some people feel that it is an invasion of privacy.
Meanwhile, Steam's data-mining IS optional - and you have to tell it, if you want it to data-mine.

Also, a lot of people aren't fond of the way that some programs like Origin and Steam give the publisher too much power - i.e. they can shut your games and/or account off for [insert reason].

Also, some people don't like Securom. EA has used that before, in numerous different forms. Some of the problems it's had in the past w/ online activation actually happening, install limitations causing problems, the DRM causing system stability issues, blacklisting programs cause a game not to boot, their install-revoking process actually can be considered a form of rootkeying, and anything else you can think of.[/QUOTE]

Yea to me it seems that activating it there can only lead to complications. People complain about DRM and stuff and yet still cant wait to activate it on origin. As for having all your games in one place...thats a weak reason to me, I know what games I have and where they are, its not like Im going to forget about them just because they arent registered on some platform... You can also download it whenever you want from Amazon

[quote name='pROvIs']I wish Amazon/Origin auto patched their games. Finding patches manually feels so 90s.[/QUOTE]

This!

Had to Google the Dragon Age 2 patch and then Google the HD texture patch. It was an installer, so not "too" bad, but still a pain.

Dead Space 2 had a patch, but that was just a plain .exe file! Had to rename/delete the old one and then move over the new one to Program Files... then rename it (triggering UAC like 3 times to patch the game). Why why why EA?

Origin's cloud saves are in beta too, read some horror stories about that so haven't enabled it in my Origin settings.

[quote name='Larce80']than*
So whats after that?

Yea to me it seems that activating it there can only lead to complications. People complain about DRM and stuff and yet still cant wait to activate it on origin. As for having all your games in one place...thats a weak reason to me, I know what games I have and where they are, its not like Im going to forget about them just because they arent registered on some platform... You can also download it whenever you want from Amazon[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree, I use Steam Origin Desura Capsule Comrade Impulse GFWindows and Gamefly + Amazon downloader + games that are hard copies.... Not sure what the big deal is about the urge to have everything connect to Steam ONLY... Never had any issues with all these other platforms really...

[quote name='Larce80']So anno is the only sale for next week?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jaysonguy']A week is more then 2 days[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Larce80']than*
So whats after that?

Yea to me it seems that activating it there can only lead to complications. People complain about DRM and stuff and yet still cant wait to activate it on origin. As for having all your games in one place...thats a weak reason to me, I know what games I have and where they are, its not like Im going to forget about them just because they arent registered on some platform... You can also download it whenever you want from Amazon[/QUOTE]

Anno is on sale tomorrow and Saturday (updating OP shortly). Depending on how customers respond to Anno (vote with their wallets) we may extend the sale further into next week. Additionally, we'll have Sonic Generations at $14.99 pre-coupon.

Updating OP in a bit. Thanks for the questions guys!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='DarkZero104']Honestly, while I had the chance to get crysis, the drm on it turned me off. Do think it's much better in 2 though, so will probably jump on that.

Also, you get the mop in chrono trigger by using charm on a Nu.[/QUOTE]

You're my hero :)

[quote name='Larce80']
I use Steam, Origin, D2D, and Gamergates, and other services - yeah, so I'll never have all my games w/ one service! :p I just make sure I back up my game installers, game folders, or whatever I can, so I always have them.

If you have any interest in ME3 or BF3, you're going to have to use Origin since it's required.
Just so you know and all...

Haven't heard anyone talking about Darkness II, anyone here excited about it?

To pre-answer the question, our version is the Steamworks version...for 15% less :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Haven't heard anyone talking about Darkness II, anyone here excited about it?

To pre-answer the question, our version is the Steamworks version...for 15% less :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yes, very excited!!! Darkness II!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Haven't heard anyone talking about Darkness II, anyone here excited about it?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I kinda blind purchased this game just because I enjoyed the first game so much. I thought it had a cool story based on a comic and watching the videos of the second one has me pretty excited.

Also, that is a pretty sweet deal on the game, 15% off on new releases before they are out yet is pretty awesome.

I didn't come across some of the helpful info in this thread about activating Crysis Warhead on Origin thru this link til just now:

https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

But something amazing happened before that. I actually got a USEFUL EA live chat rep who knew that the hell the deal was. She asked for my Amazon CD keys then gave me the link to activate Crysis Warhead at and manually gave me a new key for Crysis in order to add that to my Origin account.

At the end of the convo I was like what the hell so I asked about getting my Steam copy of Bulletstorm activated on Origin (I had done this previously but with a far more idiotic EA rep) and like magic a screenshot of my steam cdkey and a upload to imageshack later, Bulletstorm is now activated on my Origin account as well (Limited Edition to boot/)

I guess it all depends on which EA rep you get if they're going to be helpful or absolutely useless. (Pray for "Katherine".)

Funny comparison, it took me around 4 months to get Mass Effect 1 activated on Origin.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Anno is on sale tomorrow and Saturday (updating OP shortly). Depending on how customers respond to Anno (vote with their wallets) we may extend the sale further into next week. Additionally, we'll have Sonic Generations at $14.99 pre-coupon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So it's just Anno and Sonic after EA week for the $5 coupons? If that's the case then I think I know what to lock in on. Probably Bulletstorm and Crysis 2...

Unless there's still even more yet to come before the end of the month (other titles or more price drops)?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You're my hero :)[/QUOTE]Darn. I coulda beat his answer by many hours, but posting from my phone was too much of a pain. Chrono Trigger is easily one of my top 5 fave games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Anno is on sale tomorrow and Saturday (updating OP shortly). Depending on how customers respond to Anno (vote with their wallets) we may extend the sale further into next week. Additionally, we'll have Sonic Generations at $14.99 pre-coupon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Hey, Tony!

New to CAG (first post, actually), so I wanted to start off by saying thanks for this thread. I appreciate your involvement here and Amazon's contribution to this not-dead gaming platform (since so many said PC Gaming was dying years ago). Because of the information you posted here, I was able to take advantage of the sale price on the Dragon Age Pack, which I have been wanting to check out for a while now.

Just to clarify, at this point in time, there is no plan to feature more games on further discount next week? I have one more coupon to use (only got two :cry:), and was hoping for either Deus Ex or Dead Island to be reduced. Any chance of that?

TIA for your time!

[quote name='h4mx0r']So it's just Anno and Sonic after EA week for the $5 coupons? If that's the case then I think I know what to lock in on. Probably Bulletstorm and Crysis 2...

Unless there's still even more yet to come before the end of the month (other titles or more price drops)?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thunder Chief']Hey, Tony!

New to CAG (first post, actually), so I wanted to start off by saying thanks for this thread. I appreciate your involvement here and Amazon's contribution to this not-dead gaming platform (since so many said PC Gaming was dying years ago). Because of the information you posted here, I was able to take advantage of the sale price on the Dragon Age Pack, which I have been wanting to check out for a while now.

Just to clarify, at this point in time, there is no plan to feature more games on further discount next week? I have one more coupon to use (only got two :cry:), and was hoping for either Deus Ex or Dead Island to be reduced. Any chance of that?

TIA for your time![/QUOTE]

Thanks Thunder Chief! Glad you were able to take advantage of some of these sweet deals :).

As for other games going on promo:

We'll have other games on the 2011 list promoted during January but we're still shoring up what they are and what price points.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I can't say with 100% certainty that the price will or won't go back to $60 before launch. What I can tell you is that there's no "risk" in pre-ordering because we don't charge your card until we deliver a piece of software (either pre-load or launch date) and you can cancel anytime.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks again, Tony. Went ahead and pre-ordered KoA for now to make sure I don't miss the $51 price. :D

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm excited for it... for next holiday sale's Best Downloads of 2012!

Gee golly, the EA support chat on the website is loads better than the Origin client support, minus the wait times and sometimes sluggish response.

AKA Crysis on Origin up in this mother, plus a super-swaggin' 15% off discount code :whistle2:$

EDIT: HO. LY. CRAP. Also got my Steam Mass Effect and Bulletstorm (upgraded to limited edition!) on Origin! WOOT!

OK, I have the following to trade -- all these are games that ACTIVATE on Steam -- ready to be gifted from my Steam account!!!! I'm looking for amazon codes in exchange or steam games or cash:

- Blood Bowl® Legendary Edition - currently retails for $40 on steam
- Counter-Strike: Source - $20 on steam
- Half-Life 2, includes Half-Life 2: Lost Coast $13 on steam
- Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, base game now includes the Post Apocalyptic Mayhem: Death Area 8 DLC and the "Airplane Cemetery" map. $10 on steam
- The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, $5 on steam
- Renegade Ops, including all DLCs, $23 on steam.

Also Steam coupons: 50% OFF BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, and 25% OFF Valve

PLEASE NO LOWBALLING OFFERS! As in, do not offer me one $5 off amazon code for all these games. Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Not at launch, I already have Kingdoms of Amalur and Resident Evil: Revelations coming from you guys. I think that will last me a good while :D.

[quote name='jazyje']OK, I have the following to trade -- all these are games that ACTIVATE on Steam -- ready to be gifted from my Steam account!!!! I'm looking for amazon codes in exchange or steam games or cash:

- Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, base game now includes the Post Apocalyptic Mayhem: Death Area 8 DLC and the "Airplane Cemetery" map. $10 on steam

PLEASE NO LOWBALLING OFFERS! As in, do not offer me one $5 off amazon code for all these games. Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Please don't talk about "NO LOWBALLING" when you just used the highest MSRP on Steam as the value of those games. :roll:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

How about 15% off the 4-pack price? :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Please don't talk about "NO LOWBALLING" when you just used the highest MSRP on Steam as the value of those games. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well someone offered me 1 code for all these so I figured to put a disclaimer... Didn't mean any disrespect. Plus, I just looked up how much these currently sell on steam, which is not the same as MSRP...

[quote name='jazyje']Well someone offered me 1 code for all these so I figured to put a disclaimer... Didn't mean any disrespect. Plus, I just looked up how much these currently sell on steam, which is not the same as MSRP...[/QUOTE]

What he's saying is....knock about 75% off what you have them priced at.

[quote name='jazyje']Well someone offered me 1 code for all these so I figured to put a disclaimer... Didn't mean any disrespect. Plus, I just looked up how much these currently sell on steam, which is not the same as MSRP...[/QUOTE]

tbh I dont see anyone trading coupons for that when the games they can use them on are much better and at great prices.

[quote name='jazyje']OK, I have the following to trade -- all these are games that ACTIVATE on Steam -- ready to be gifted from my Steam account!!!! I'm looking for amazon codes in exchange or steam games or cash:

PLEASE NO LOWBALLING OFFERS! As in, do not offer me one $5 off amazon code for all these games. Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

You do realize that every one of those has been offered recently on sale for about 75% off of what you're asking. You're not talking to the ignorant masses here. That, and this is the wrong place for your crap selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back