Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']It supposed to come on new copies only, yes.
Of course, on the PC, pretty much, you can only get new copies.

But, they (EA) didn't mention Amazon DL as one of the download sites that gets the House Of Valor DLC.
They mentioned Origin, Steam, and "more" - but didn't say who some of the "more" were.
Hence why I'm asking.

See this post.[/QUOTE]

Yeah wasn't trying to down you...just saying. If EA makes it so ANY new copies of the game don't include the DLC that's really messed up. THey really HAVE to do it otherwise there's going to be a huge backlash PR-wise.

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah wasn't trying to down you...just saying. If EA makes it so ANY new copies of the game don't include the DLC that's really messed up. THey really HAVE to do it otherwise there's going to be a huge backlash PR-wise.[/QUOTE]

I never said you were downing me.
I never took it that way, anyways.

I'm just being VERY specific here - since EA wasn't, for some reason - and asking if House Of Valor DLC comes w/ Amazon's PC Download version of KOA: Reckoning PC download.
I already got my pre-order down for KOA: Reckoning PC from Amazon DL, anyways.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']How does Risen stand in terms of story? I'm not really interested in slogging through an RPG if it doesn't have a good story.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty good for a (somewhat) open-world RPG, if you ask me.
I think this Risen their best game since the original Gothic 1.

Risen PC has a 77 on Metacritic.

[quote name='jazyje']So Risen doesn't activate on anything?[/QUOTE]

Risen 1 is NOT fully Steamworks everywhere.
In most places, Risen 1 PC uses Tages DRM - Internet versions got Internet activation, while DVD disc version has DVD disc-check.
Even Steam version of Risen 1 contains Tages DRM + Steam DRM [ewww!].

So, yeah - right now Amazon download version is the version to top, since Risen PC for them is DRM-FREE now. :D

On the other hand, Risen 2: Dark Waters PC will require Steamworks everywhere.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Any word yet on if KOA: Reckoning PC download comes w/ House of Valor DLC...or not?

EDIT:
About Risen PC download - you guys really should post somewhere that on the game's page that this version is now DRM-FREE.
That should help you guys make some sales, since I'm sure many avoided Risen PC b/c it contains that bloody Tages online activation check. ;)
Heck - any time a game is DRM-FREE and you guys at Amazon know it, that should be posted on your game's page for the PC download version.[/QUOTE]

I shot off an email about this and will likely hear back tomorrow. As for getting DRM free messaging on the page, I agree, DRM messaging is something we're working towards making more prominent on all our pages.

Cheers,
Tony

Lots of Good Deals someone listed on CAG that GetGamesGo has for Deus Ex: HR + DLC's.
I doubt Tony will match these, since GGG is owned by Eurogamer [International deals].
But, I'll ask anyways - Tony, would you match these? :p

I already got Deus Ex HR.
I've been looking to get DEHR Missing Link DLC [cheaply] for sometime... :p

Deus Ex & Missing Link DLC bundle $19.48
Deus Ex Augmented Version $17.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution $14.99
Deus EX Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC $4.49
Deus Ex Game of the Year $4.98 [Non Steameable]
Deus Ex Invisible War $4.99 [Non Steameable]
Serious Sam 3: BFE $13.59

[quote name='MysterD']Lots of Good Deals someone listed on CAG that GetGamesGo has for Deus Ex: HR + DLC's.
I doubt Tony will match these, since GGG is owned by Eurogamer [International deals].
But, I'll ask anyways - Tony, would you match these? :p

I already got Deus Ex HR.
I've been looking to get DEHR Missing Link DLC [cheaply] for sometime... :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']BestBuy Download service has Call Of Duty: Black Ops PC download = $30.
Black Ops is a Steam-required game, BTW.

I'm not looking for it at that price [a little too much, since I wasn't too fond of the MP back when Steam had a free weekend trial], but maybe others here are?
Maybe others want Amazon to price-match that?[/QUOTE]

I'm walking out the door right now to run some errands but didn't want to leave without answering your questions:

1. Thanks for your representation across the internet today MysterD...I've seen you posting on multiple sites regarding the Risen sale/DRM removal.

2. You're right on the GGG match, it is international and we won't be able to do it.

3. As for Black Ops, I just ran our keycount, inventory is way too low to support a pricematch at that point based on previous velocity at $30. You'll notice we ran out of stock on Duke Nukem yesterday evening, and that sale is going on for another couple of days I believe. I covered this before, but we've noted that customers find the "on and off" promotions extremely frustrating, so we try to avoid them.

Hope this makes sense, I'll be away from the computer for the next couple of hours but will respond to any further questions when I get back.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I shot off an email about this and will likely hear back tomorrow. As for getting DRM free messaging on the page, I agree, DRM messaging is something we're working towards making more prominent on all our pages.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

D2D used to put on a symbol w/ an unlocked-lock on it on a game's page, which stated the game is DRM-Free.
Maybe it'd make life easier for you guys, if you did something similar for your Amazon Download PC games that have NO DRM?
Thanks, Google Images - this is the D2D DRM FREE image I was looking for...
images

EDIT:
1. Thanks for your representation across the internet today MysterD...I've seen you posting on multiple sites regarding the Risen sale/DRM removal
No problem.
I think Risen PC is a really good RPG and easily worth the $6 - especially even more so true w/ NO DRM attached to your version.
That makes it the BEST version of the game to purchase, currently - and gamers who missed out on this game I feel NEED to know this.
You might even get some re-buy the game just so they have a NO-DRM version of the game.
DRM-FREE is very important to me and many gamers, who want to be able to play OLDER games...especially years later, down the line - w/out having to worry about annoying DRM issues.
Who knows if servers or some game companies will still be around, years down the line. You never know.
If it's a Single Player game, there's NO NEED for DRM to be wrapped around it forever. Once the game gets old and cheap, no need for it - since DRM's really there to stop/slow-down piracy and used-market sales.
DRM affects paying legit customers more so than the pirates, anyways.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Or, could use a big "Thumbs Up" with the caption "Gamer Approved DRM FREE Version" or something.[/QUOTE]
I like the sound of this, too. :D

I am new to PC gaming. Looking to get some of these deals. The January deals won't start until January 31?

Also, a lot of the deals seem to get a lower price after using a coupon. Where do we get these coupons? Sorry for being misinformed.

[quote name='unknown0']I am new to PC gaming. Looking to get some of these deals. The January deals won't start until January 31?

Also, a lot of the deals seem to get lower price after using a coupon. Where do we get these coupons? Sorry for being misinformed.[/QUOTE]

No. The deals already happened. However, there will be a recap [2nd chance] of the "Best Sellers", on Jan. 31st.

Coupons came from Amazon Downloads game purchases from Nov-Dec 2011. If you don't know what they are, you probably don't have them.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm walking out the door right now to run some errands but didn't want to leave without answering your questions:

1. Thanks for your representation across the internet today MysterD...I've seen you posting on multiple sites regarding the Risen sale/DRM removal.

2. You're right on the GGG match, it is international and we won't be able to do it.

3. As for Black Ops, I just ran our keycount, inventory is way too low to support a pricematch at that point based on previous velocity at $30. You'll notice we ran out of stock on Duke Nukem yesterday evening, and that sale is going on for another couple of days I believe. I covered this before, but we've noted that customers find the "on and off" promotions extremely frustrating, so we try to avoid them.

Hope this makes sense, I'll be away from the computer for the next couple of hours but will respond to any further questions when I get back.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I didn't expect much on a price-match for GGG, but figured I'd ask, anyways.
Worst you can do is say "NO" and worst I could do is NOT even ask. :p

About Black Ops - I'm waiting for that to hit $20 or less, which might be a while....given how slowly COD games drop in price and given how well they sell [at often VERY high regular prices even]. But, I figured maybe you'd guys match it for others, who had interest in it. Again, worst you could do is not match it; and worst I could do or other could do is NOT even ask. :p

[quote name='Freedom Fries']I'm hoping to hear an announcement from Tony about Divinity II being on sale.

/wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

Playing that game right now! Full of awesomeness!

I own Risen on Steam but I'm going to have to buy it on Amazon now :) For what it's worth, I didn't have any issues with TAGES when I played the Steam version but knowing the Amazon version is DRM-free is really attractive.

Here are my impressions after having played for about 4 hours and reading a lot about the game (note that I haven't had any experience with the Gothic series prior to this game. Also, someone correct any errors below as it's been months since I've played this game):

• Graphics are really quite beautiful. The Witcher 2 sets a new benchmark for gorgeousness across the board but the scenery in Risen still feels organic and appropriate for each of the areas I explored.
  • Story seemed good from what I played, and I like that people and their motives are not always what they initially seem.
  • You can scrounge for raw materials and eventually ores. These are finite as I understand it and they do not regenerate. Kind of a bummer since I'm kind of a loot whore but I've read that what you do find through the course of the game is more than enough for your needs.
  • I think the same applies to enemies in the game based on what I played. If you clear an area of enemies they don't come back.
  • Combat is difficult initially, but you'll run into people who will train you with new skills. IIRC, leveling up doesn't grant you new skills or boost your stats (someone correct me if I'm wrong), rather, you get points that you use to get trained to boost yourself. Something along those lines. Anyway, combat involves the use of the WASD keys and deft use of click attacks and such. I actually got used to it very, very quickly because it's not unlike a stiffer version of modern Zelda lock-on battles. Lock on, attack, double-tap back or to the sides to dogde, double-tap forward to lunge in then attack, etc. I've read a lot of impressions of the game saying that combat is hard and that you get hit really frequently. This is totally true but I sensed that the commenters didn't dodge properly or at all. This isn't a knock on them since I really don't know many PC games which use this kind of mechanic in the first place. As long as you take your time, wait for the enemy cues for openings or pending retaliations, and don't take on more than you can handle at any given time you will generally be okay. You can also sneak by enemies early on if you wish, but beware their field of view.
  • Kind of a mild spoiler about the initial branching path of the game:
    Early on you can get captured by this cult-like group and forced down a story path for the rest of the game. I am at this crossroads of the game in my last session with the game. As I understand it, it's not really detrimental to the gameplay at all though there are some things you won't be able to do. I think you still end up merging into the same storyline and quests by the end of the game more or less anyway. Consult one of the FAQs on GameFAQs which mention this in better detail. I don't recall any of them being spoilers in a grand sense, just a mild warning.

Overall, especially at this price, I recommend this game. It offers an overall fun experience, a good adventure, and challenging and rewarding action.

Good deal on Risen, I've been waiting for a while to play the game. Hey Tony I know this isn't your department but I'd love to see a price match for Uncharted for the Vita (it's going for 39.99 at toysrus).

Just a note to those who already got it via steam:

Very recently (probably in light of Amazon forcing their hand), deep silver sent steam the updated version without TAGES. Steam has been slow lately in getting these drm removal updates for their games for whatever reason (SEE Divinity 2: dragon knight saga), but it is definitely coming in the next weeks.

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/60295-Risen-on-Steam-DRM?p=529311#post529311

Also to note is that they seem to learn their lessons with the downfalls of horrible DRM scams as they are going to exclusively be using steamworks for their upcoming Risen 2 game (for pc version of course).

I actually eneded up winning a Copy of Risen from STEAM during the Holiday Sale [I still have it in the gift form]; and I am aware of the Deep Silver patch sent to Valve to remove the TAGES DRM.

HOWEVER, because STEAM is still DRM and you need to be online for STEAM to work properly [yes I am aware of Offline Mode], I'm still buying the Risen DRM FREE, Offline able, copy form Amazon.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Tony,
If I can make one suggestion.

I saw that you said Divinity 2 - Dragon Knight Saga, will be a future "Deal of the Week" title. However, after buying the game from Amazon [got it on sale for $8 yay!], I can say the version Amazon has is outdated; I believe Amazon has 1.4.30 ; Latest version is 1.4.70. I only say this to give Amazon Downloads a heads up, as it is a great title and want people to get the most out of it. If possible, Amazon should update their game files to ensure it's the latest version of Divinity 2

I did have to track down the patch, and it is very easy to do. I just wanted to point it out, considering a lot of the populous might assume Amazon is providing the latest version of Divinity 2.

The 1.4.70 patch adds some MAJOR improvements and HAS a major benefit:
1. It adds multi-core support [game runs much faster].
2. It removes the 30 fps cap, can now goto 100 fps [vastly improves performance].
3. SecuROM DRM is removed with the 1.4.70 patch [the Amazon 1.4.30 version has Securom, it prompted me for the KEY and installed securom when I installed the Amazon version before patching].

Thanks Tony! I really love the awesome deals!

P.S.- Divinity 2 DKS is an awesome game! People need to buy it if they are a fan on the rpg genre![/QUOTE]

Tony,

I hope that the team you forwarded this to was able to get it taken care of. Steam beat you guys to the Divinity 2 DKS DRM removal patch (and they were pretty slow about it), which probably cost you some sales. I guess you guys just weren't aware that it existed.

That being said, I bought Risen today on Amazon, and it takes a lot to pull me away from Steam. You guys not only beat them to the DRM removal, but you put it on an excellent sale. My only concern is that people visiting visiting Amazon will see the negative reviews left by people that couldn't activate the game and not realize that the DRM has been removed. It seems like only the CAG and reddit communities are aware that it's gone.

I still have a coupon left. I'd consider trading it for a Steam game that has not been in any of the Humble or other indie bundles. Some games I'm looking for are Bastion and Guardians of Light. Send me a PM if interested.

I bought Risen from Amazon the last time it was $6, and while I didn't have any issues with the activation - this time - I wonder if it's possible to replace our installation file with the new DRM-free one?

[quote name='Vigilant']Tony,

I hope that the team you forwarded this to was able to get it taken care of. Steam beat you guys to the Divinity 2 DKS DRM removal patch (and they were pretty slow about it), which probably cost you some sales. I guess you guys just weren't aware that it existed.

That being said, I bought Risen today on Amazon, and it takes a lot to pull me away from Steam. You guys not only beat them to the DRM removal, but you put it on an excellent sale. My only concern is that people visiting visiting Amazon will see the negative reviews left by people that couldn't activate the game and not realize that the DRM has been removed. It seems like only the CAG and reddit communities are aware that it's gone.[/QUOTE]

All you need to do w/ DKS is go to this link and go from there.

The game's only gonna be as patched-up as what Amazon is given.

Amazon Download is NOT really a full-blown Steam-like gaming service-client w/ built-in auto-patching, auto-updates, community, forums, Friends List, and all of that stuff.
Matter of fact - most of those services ain't nowhere as good as Steam, on the above said matter.

Amazon complained to Deep Silver b/c a game people were PAYING FOR (Risen PC), players just could NOT get it activated; people were asking for refunds; and other problems. Amazon bugged them a few times about server problems - and this has basically been and on and off on-going issue. So, b/c Amazon wanted to keep selling the game, their hand was kind of forced to do something like this and try to end this problem, once and for all.

Is there any game like Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance 1 or 2?
Can be 2 years old for all I care. I don't know why they don't get the recognition they deserve. In my top 5 games for PS2.

[quote name='Vigilant']Tony,

That being said, I bought Risen today on Amazon, and it takes a lot to pull me away from Steam. You guys not only beat them to the DRM removal, but you put it on an excellent sale. My only concern is that people visiting visiting Amazon will see the negative reviews left by people that couldn't activate the game and not realize that the DRM has been removed. It seems like only the CAG and reddit communities are aware that it's gone.[/QUOTE]

Hey there, I can tell you that I've begun the process of running down the updated build for us to distribute. I'm not sure how this process works because it isn't really my side of the business. I'll be updating with more info as soon as I have it.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I bought Risen from Amazon the last time it was $6, and while I didn't have any issues with the activation - this time - I wonder if it's possible to replace our installation file with the new DRM-free one?[/QUOTE]

If you re download the game it will be DRM free. We replaced the builds in your Game and Software Library.

[quote name='MysterD']All you need to do w/ DKS is go to this link and go from there.

The game's only gonna be as patched-up as what Amazon is given.

Amazon Download is NOT really a full-blown Steam-like gaming service-client w/ built-in auto-patching, auto-updates, community, forums, Friends List, and all of that stuff.
Matter of fact - most of those services ain't nowhere as good as Steam, on the above said matter.

Amazon complained to Deep Silver b/c a game people were PAYING FOR (Risen PC), players just could NOT get it activated; people were asking for refunds; and other problems. Amazon bugged them a few times about server problems - and this has basically been and on and off on-going issue. So, b/c Amazon wanted to keep selling the game, their hand was kind of forced to do something like this and try to end this problem, once and for all.[/QUOTE]

As always, thanks for the in depth information for the group MysterD, helpful as usual :).

[quote name='Rosterking']Is there any game like Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance 1 or 2?
Can be 2 years old for all I care. I don't know why they don't get the recognition they deserve. In my top 5 games for PS2.[/QUOTE]What I played of the Dungeon Siege 3 demo seemed similar.

I have two coupons left for anyone who may happen to have a copy of Risen? :D Steam is fine. I know at least one person said he would buy from Amazon after winning on Steam because of DRM.

[quote name='Rosterking']Is there any game like Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance 1 or 2?
Can be 2 years old for all I care. I don't know why they don't get the recognition they deserve. In my top 5 games for PS2.[/QUOTE]

War In The North, and Dungeon Siege 3 are a lot like those games. WiTN was developed by Snowblind Studios.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Also to note is that they seem to learn their lessons with therefore downfalls of horrible DRM scams as they are going to exclusively be using steamworks for their upcoming Risen 2 game (for pc version of course).[/QUOTE]

Also dead island was deep silver. Its steamworks.

[quote name='MastaNinja']Looks like nothing else I would be interested in picking up. Have two coupons left.[/QUOTE]

If you're offering them, I'd like one. Don't really have anything to trade, though.

[quote name='MastaNinja']Looks like nothing else I would be interested in picking up. Have two coupons left.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it off your hands, if you don't mind!

Bought M&B Warband thinking it would register on Steam, but its a no go. Oh, well.

Any chance of an "encore" type sale? I missed out on one of the daily deals, thinking it was a weeklong thing. Seems like a lot of people have a few coupons to burn.

[quote name='gunstar808']Any chance of an "encore" type sale? I missed out on one of the daily deals, thinking it was a weeklong thing. Seems like a lot of people have a few coupons to burn.[/QUOTE]

There's a great chance. Check the first post.

[quote name='gunstar808']Bought M&B Warband thinking it would register on Steam, but its a no go. Oh, well.[/quote]

Hmmm...
Is Amazon Download M&B: Warband key format different than what is the format that will register on Steam?
If it's different than what Steam accepts, it won't work.
Warband's on the Steam registration list.
Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any chance of an "encore" type sale? I missed out on one of the daily deals, thinking it was a weeklong thing. Seems like a lot of people have a few coupons to burn.
See opening post in this thread on Recap Day 1/31/2012.
Hell, I'll even quote it for you.
“Best of January Recap Sale” – 1/31/2012 – Duration 24 hours:

1. PC Dragon Age Pack (Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate + Dragon Age 2): $11.99 - $6.99 after coupon
2. Mac Dragon Age Pack (Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate + Dragon Age 2): $11.99 - $6.99 after coupon
3. Alice: Madness Returns: $7.49 - $2.49 after coupon
4. Crysis 2: $9.99 - $4.99 after coupon
5. Civilization V: $8.99 - $3.99 after coupon - Redeems on Steam
6. Civilization IV Complete: $8.99 - $3.99 after coupon - DRM Free
7. Darkspore: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon - Redeems on Origin
8. Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box: $4.99
9. Bulletstorm: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
10. Mac Spore: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
11. PC Spore: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
12. Battlefield Bad Company 2: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
13. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
14. Dead Space 2: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
15. Crysis Maximum: $8.99 - $3.99 after coupon
16. Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
17. Dead Space: $4.99 - not eligible for coupon
18. Medal of Honor: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
19. Civilization IV Complete + V Pack: $17.98 - $12.98 after coupon
20. Anno 2070: $34.99 - $29.99 after coupon

[quote name='MysterD']Hmmm...
Is Amazon's Warband key format different than what is the format that works on Steam?
Warband's on the Steam registration list.[/QUOTE]

The Amazon key is 4x4 that seems to be the problem.

And right there on page 1 is what I was looking for. Of course the Dragon Age combo pack is currently oos, hopefully to be back in stock this week?

[quote name='gunstar808']The Amazon key is 4x4 that seems to be the problem.[/quote]
Yup, sounds like the key's in a different format - which is why it won't work.
Steam has a 5x5 key.
Amazon should note on their page somewhere that it WON'T register up on Steam.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just a note to those who already got it via steam:

Very recently (probably in light of Amazon forcing their hand), deep silver sent steam the updated version without TAGES. Steam has been slow lately in getting these drm removal updates for their games for whatever reason (SEE Divinity 2: dragon knight saga), but it is definitely coming in the next weeks.

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/60295-Risen-on-Steam-DRM?p=529311#post529311

Also to note is that they seem to learn their lessons with the downfalls of horrible DRM scams as they are going to exclusively be using steamworks for their upcoming Risen 2 game (for pc version of course).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up! Glad Amazon spearheaded this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back