Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrodri86']I have two codes to trade. I'll like to have Renegade Ops or Dirt 3 on Steam.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zazzer']I have two codes left, message me with trade offers ^_^

preferably games and not coupons, but I'll still consider just giving them away[/QUOTE]

Have Sanctum and Nimbus, let those codes come to me!

[quote name='metalkidz']Hate when see post like this, don't try to rip off ppl dude.[/QUOTE]
Don't quite see how it's a rip-off. Two $5 coupons for a game that has been on sale for as cheap as $3 or so dollars (Renegade Ops) and Dirt 3 was given for free through graphics cards and whatnots. He's actually being quite reasonable IMO.

[quote name='randomdud']Don't quite see how it's a rip-off. Two $5 coupons for a game that has been on sale for as cheap as $3 or so dollars (Renegade Ops) and Dirt 3 was given for free through graphics cards and whatnots. He's actually being quite reasonable IMO.[/QUOTE]

Its all how you look at it. I don't consider the codes to be worth all that much being that you could have purchased magicka dlc for .24 cents and got codes. That's what I did so I probably don't have the typical view of the value of the coupons. Plus I ended up with like 15 codes and used them all. Thanks magicka dlc!!!!

[quote name='metalkidz']Hate when see post like this, don't try to rip off ppl dude.[/QUOTE]

Renegade Ops was on sale on Steam for 3.74 during the holidays, and a lot of people got it for free as a gift too, Dirt 3 was given for free through graphics cards. Don't see how it's a rip-off.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Its all how you look at it. I don't consider the codes to be worth all that much being that you could have purchased magicka dlc for .24 cents and got codes. That's what I did so I probably don't have the typical view of the value of the coupons. Plus I ended up with like 15 codes and used them all. Thanks magicka dlc!!!![/QUOTE]

I doubt most people thought that far ahead, they probably didn't think of purchasing magicka DLC for codes. Some of us thought the codes would be useless. I think asking for a $3 game is perfectly reasonable, but I personally wouldn't value the coupon codes as much as a $5 game would be. I wish I'd thought of purchasing magicka DLC, but TBH there wasn't much else I was interested in other than maybe Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.. but that'll probably be on Steam for a similar price in the future.

I have an extra code that I won't be using. If anyone is interested, please PM me with a reasonable offer (Steam or not, I don't really care).

Personally, I don't see the logic of trading anything of value for the codes. I guess if you got a game for free or for about a dollar then you still get the $4 discount using the code. Trading a 3.74 game for a $5 code would just net a 1.26 discount so it just doesn't make too much sense unless someone just has the extra game lying around and wants to get their money back through the coupon.

Either way, I have steam keys for Eets and Max and the Magic Marker I am willing to trade for codes.

Considered buying Spore yesterday for $12.49 on Amazon so I guess I will get it today. Was going to re-install it yesterday but I couldn't find my RLD code. $7.99 may not cleanse my soul for piracy but the game really wasn't all that good. My 7 yr. old wants it re-installed b/c he likes making monsters, he doesn't actually play it. Any chance this will play nice w/ my Steam account? I don't have the time to read 231 pages of comments, sorry.

Thanks Fox. Steam didn't find it but I added it manually. What I was hoping for was for Steam to do any updates - I'm running it on Win 7 now so I figured it needed to be patched. Runs ok so I guess we don't need anything. As I said my kid just liked making monsters so I didn't want to bother with setting up an EA account and having him doing anything online. I'm probably naive but I trust Steam/Valve more than EA.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rjejr']Considered buying Spore yesterday for $12.49 on Amazon so I guess I will get it today. Was going to re-install it yesterday but I couldn't find my RLD code. $7.99 may not cleanse my soul for piracy but the game really wasn't all that good. My 7 yr. old wants it re-installed b/c he likes making monsters, he doesn't actually play it. Any chance this will play nice w/ my Steam account? I don't have the time to read 231 pages of comments, sorry.[/QUOTE]

The first post will answer your question quite easily.

If you're question is does it activate on steam, the answer is no. If your question is can you add it to steam as an outside game that shows up on your list, the answer is yes. Will it play nice? I guess it depends on the monster's moods that day.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Personally, I don't see the logic of trading anything of value for the codes. I guess if you got a game for free or for about a dollar then you still get the $4 discount using the code. Trading a 3.74 game for a $5 code would just net a 1.26 discount so it just doesn't make too much sense unless someone just has the extra game lying around and wants to get their money back through the coupon.

Either way, I have steam keys for Eets and Max and the Magic Marker I am willing to trade for codes.[/QUOTE]
Your coupon logic doesn't make sense

They're useless tomorrow so pretty much anyone who wants to save 5 bucks should trade anything they feel is 5 dollars or under to get one, the idea of "well it's only 1.26" doesn't matter, it's still a dollar twenty six.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Its all how you look at it. I don't consider the codes to be worth all that much being that you could have purchased magicka dlc for .24 cents and got codes. That's what I did so I probably don't have the typical view of the value of the coupons. Plus I ended up with like 15 codes and used them all. Thanks magicka dlc!!!![/QUOTE]
There was cheaper DLC, why did you pick Magicka?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Your coupon logic doesn't make sense

They're useless tomorrow so pretty much anyone who wants to save 5 bucks should trade anything they feel is 5 dollars or under to get one, the idea of "well it's only 1.26" doesn't matter, it's still a dollar twenty six.[/QUOTE]

It makes complete sense. The appeal of these coupons is to get games at $5 or close to $5 off a sale price. The closer you get to paying $5 for a coupon, the less of a discount you get on a game. So would I rather keep my $4 game and pay a buck extra on a game, or trade my $4 game and and save $1 on a game. That's really what it comes down to and that's why trading anything that wasn't free or dirt cheap for a coupon doesn't make sense.

Yes, the coupons are useless tomorrow. Further reason people expecting something someone paid 3-4 bucks for a coupon is a bit unrealistic.

Anybody want to trade anything for my code? No?
I don't really want anything from that list (the only thing I wanted from the bestsellers list was The Witcher and it never went on sale darn it). PM me and I'll give it to you.

Edit: Code gone.

heh, glad this happened. I was sitting on one code and was checking the sales on and off to see if anything would lower, so it finally became useful.

T-Money you did it again made me buy a game when my backlog is huge. Got Alice: Madness Returns that I have been wanting to try out. Thanks for the sale. Thank you to T1BillionX for the coupon.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']If anyone had any extra codes I will buy them for a dollar each. PayPal gift.[/QUOTE]
Even though they expire at the end of today? (I believe they're only valid through January.) What games would you buy with them?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Even though they expire at the end of today? (I believe they're only valid through January.) What games would you buy with them?[/QUOTE]

Stuff for friends. I've got everything I want but I wanted to pick up darkspore, bfbc and medal of honor for friends

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Stuff for friends. I've got everything I want but I wanted to pick up darkspore, bfbc and medal of honor for friends[/QUOTE]
I see. I must say, you're kinder than one would expect from a cat with his or her own tent.

[quote name='shinryuu']Pros/cons of registering DA on Origin?[/QUOTE]

Pros:

You get to register your game in a client that lives forever, essentially giving you 2 libraries for your game, 1 on Amazon and 1 on Origin.

I personally really enjoy the way Origin serves content too, in terms of the look and feel it is really clean, and download speeds are pretty quick.

Cons:

I'm not sure, some people aren't a fan of having another client on their computer for some reason...I can tell you that I have it running on my work laptop...which is a Lenovo with a 1 gig processor and 512 RAM and I notice 0 slowdown in performance.

Hope that answers your question.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I see. I must say, you're kinder than one would expect from a cat with his or her own tent.[/QUOTE]

Lol my cat loves that tent. It's one of the display models you see in sporting goods stores. It's identical to its 400 dollar field and stream grand daddy

thinking about burnout paradise ultimate edition. Should I or shouldn't I? I've only ever played the demo.

EDIT: It was fun btw XDDDDD

[quote name='steveinneed']thinking about burnout paradise ultimate edition. Should I or shouldn't I? I've only ever played the demo.

EDIT: It was fun btw XDDDDD[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you, loved the Demo but am agonizing over the Origin fact :p

[quote name='Slywolf15']Does Amazon plan on price matching steam with the Duke Nukem The Doctor Who Cloned Me dlc? Just thought I would ask.[/QUOTE]

Wait for the hamsters to catch up. Also, we're at, and have been at $4.99 on the base game for almost a week now (the Mac version activates on PC). This sale will end today at 11:59PM PST so if you want to grab it from us do so today :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait for the hamsters to catch up. Also, we're at, and have been at $4.99 on the base game for almost a week now (the Mac version activates on PC). This sale will end today at 11:59PM PST so if you want to grab it from us do so today :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Heh, I was just asking about the DLC because I already have the base game. I guess I'm one of the few crazy people who enjoyed the Duke Nukem campaign so I was kind of waiting for the dlc to go on sale. ;)

[quote name='Slywolf15']Heh, I was just asking about the DLC because I already have the base game. I guess I'm one of the few crazy people who enjoyed the Duke Nukem campaign so I was kind of waiting for the dlc to go on sale. ;)[/QUOTE]

We should make t-shirts and start a fan club because I enjoyed the game as well. You and I will likely be right behind each other in making purchases on the DLC when the pricing flips...HAIL TO THE CHIEF BABY!

Cheers,
Tony

So I just bought Crysis Maximum Edition and it comes with Crysis Wars. I find it funny that it's listed as a file size of 5800 GB...unless it really is? :hot:
loluwr.png

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We should make t-shirts and start a fan club because I enjoyed the game as well. You and I will likely be right behind each other in making purchases on the DLC when the pricing flips...HAIL TO THE CHIEF BABY!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi T-Money,

Do you know if you are planning on matching or beating steam's price on the DLC?

T-Money, I really want you guys to price match NewEgg and TRU for Kingdoms of Amalur, whats taking so long. They have had those prices for over a week.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Pros:

You get to register your game in a client that lives forever, essentially giving you 2 libraries for your game, 1 on Amazon and 1 on Origin.

I personally really enjoy the way Origin serves content too, in terms of the look and feel it is really clean, and download speeds are pretty quick.

Cons:

I'm not sure, some people aren't a fan of having another client on their computer for some reason...I can tell you that I have it running on my work laptop...which is a Lenovo with a 1 gig processor and 512 RAM and I notice 0 slowdown in performance.

Hope that answers your question.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I was thinking of registering it on my brother's Origin account so it's easier to share across than Amazon. I don't know how the DRM works but I think it should work.

[quote name='stoned99']T-Money, I really want you guys to price match NewEgg and TRU for Kingdoms of Amalur, whats taking so long. They have had those prices for over a week.[/QUOTE]

This is digital vs. retail. They only price match other digital prices in the digital store.

[quote name='pROvIs']Hi T-Money,

Do you know if you are planning on matching or beating steam's price on the DLC?[/QUOTE]

That was what originally started this response thread, the pricing should flip soon.

[quote name='stoned99']T-Money, I really want you guys to price match NewEgg and TRU for Kingdoms of Amalur, whats taking so long. They have had those prices for over a week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is digital vs. retail. They only price match other digital prices in the digital store.[/QUOTE]

Stoned, please reference CheapLikeAFox's reply.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That was what originally started this response thread, the pricing should flip soon.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it is matched now. My question was more relating to if you were going to beat the price or just match it but it is now answered anyway :).

[quote name='tjs09']Nevermind my last post, monkeyz helped me out :D

Left before I could shower him with gifts, though.. ;)[/QUOTE]

Monkeyz is a good guy or primate. Whichever :)

So I only had $2.52 applied to DNF when I went to checkout. My order total is $2.48. I thought it was free with coupon?

Go Amazon for showin the love to CAGers! Picked up Civ V (was debating on IV or V but they say V is more beginner friendly). Also threw in my $5 promo code to make the deal even better!

If this has been answered before, I apologize, but question:

Since Civilization V is a Steamplay title, will the amazon PC download work on both a MAC and PC or is it solely PC. I know Amazon has a MAC download as well, but I figured since it's activating on STEAM , the cd-key could unlock both versions.

Thanks.

[quote name='Blade']So I only had $2.52 applied to DNF when I went to checkout. My order total is $2.48. I thought it was free with coupon?[/QUOTE]

You must have had credit left over from a previous purchase. If you want to know specifics about what orders your promo credit was applied to I'd start a chat conversation with support and they can pull up your order history.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You must have had credit left over from a previous purchase. If you want to know specifics about what orders your promo credit was applied to I'd start a chat conversation with support and they can pull up your order history.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Also, you should be able to override the unused credit if you have a full promo code by just inputting the promo code at the check out screen. That's how I do it.

Oddly enough on my last purchase it applied .01 from one promo code and 4.99 from another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back