Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tjs09']Did a few posts get deleted here? We were at 234 pages before..[/QUOTE]Yes, removed all the begging posts we have in here and looking for more to remove.

Begging posts don't belong in here, as it just clutters up the thread. Please take them elsewhere.

Was going to pick up Duke Nukem for free since i had a $5 coupon...but it seems only the Mac version is $5, is this a mistake? Should the PC version be on sale too? Or is this a mac only sale.

[quote name='SnakeEater42']Was going to pick up Duke Nukem for free since i had a $5 coupon...but it seems only the Mac version is $5, is this a mistake? Should the PC version be on sale too? Or is this a mac only sale.[/QUOTE]

It's steamworks, so you get pc+mac versions once redeemed on Steam.

to the people earlier unsure about burnout paradise - GET IT. if you are even remotely interested in the concept of the game, it will meet any expectations you have. Even on Origin there is no reason to not have this game at a 5 dollar price tag. If you like racing, wrecking, jumping, flipping, crashing, speeding, jumping, flipping, rolling or any combination of the above, then it really is a great game.

[quote name='sunghost']While that's a great idea, I think it may be a bit late for that. The coupons will be useless after the end of today.[/QUOTE]It wasn't named "Amazon $5 PC DD coupon thread", it was named as a general thread to trade Amazon codes beyond just the scope of this promotion.

[quote name='shrike4242']It wasn't named "Amazon $5 PC DD coupon thread", it was named as a general thread to trade Amazon codes beyond just the scope of this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that at the last second, which is why I deleted my post. I'm guessing you undeleted it? Anyway, hopefully we can look forward to more coupon promos from Amazon in the future.

Hmm I want to bite on that Crysis Maximum edition or whatever, but all those one-starred reviews about its SecuROM has me wary. I've heard nothing but bad things about SecuROM and have avoided buying any games with it up until this point... is it really that bad? Because damn that's a cheap price for both Crysis and Crysis Warhead...

[quote name='spdronin']Hmm I want to bite on that Crysis Maximum edition or whatever, but all those one-starred reviews about its SecuROM has me wary. I've heard nothing but bad things about SecuROM and have avoided buying any games with it up until this point... is it really that bad? Because damn that's a cheap price for both Crysis and Crysis Warhead...[/QUOTE]

No it is really not that bad.

Activation limits, should publishers choose to implement that part of SecuROM, are the worst part, but Amazon eliminates that by issuing you a new key should yours no longer work.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We don't have anything to announce on a lower price point for BF3 or the expansion at this time. I'll make sure to update as soon as I have more info.[/QUOTE]
That's not soon enough, sir. I demand to be informed before you have more info, not as soon as.

Just kidding. Thanks for the reply. :)

the worst part about securom isn't the activation limit, it's the stuff it does to your computer. some people have had issues running certain software - notably daemon tools - due to it. there's ways around it, but that's the real issue with certain drm.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That was what originally started this response thread, the pricing should flip soon.

Stoned, please reference CheapLikeAFox's reply.[/QUOTE]

T-Money, so I know this is mainly a digital thread, but I figured I'd ask the "Official Amazon Rep" the question where I knew you'd see it. Has the question been asked and answered in another thread ?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is digital vs. retail. They only price match other digital prices in the digital store.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't talking about digital.

[quote name='stoned99']T-Money, so I know this is mainly a digital thread, but I figured I'd ask the "Official Amazon Rep" the question where I knew you'd see it. Has the question been asked and answered in another thread ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stoned99']Wasn't talking about digital.[/QUOTE]

Ah my bad, I wasn't following I read the question as:

"Newegg has the packaged good for $X will Amazon Digital be matching?"

As opposed to:

"Newegg has the packaged good for $X will Amazon Packaged goods be matching?"

In answer to your actual question (version 2). I'm not sure but I will send off an email to find out. Not sure when I will hear back though, I know alot of those guys are traveling to different events right now.

[quote name='stoned99']T-Money, so I know this is mainly a digital thread, but I figured I'd ask the "Official Amazon Rep" the question where I knew you'd see it. Has the question been asked and answered in another thread ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to speak for Tony, but he has said in this thread that he is the Amazon Rep for the Amazon Digital Video Games department only and has no input on retail sales.

He has also mentioned a few pages back that Amazon's price matching policy is not set in stone, meaning they won't automatically price match every item that is cheaper elsewhere and they take into account many factors when deciding if they will price match an item. Some of those factors are supply and demand and how many people request a price match.

Each item has a link on its page where you can request a price match and send amazon a link to where the price is lower. If you haven't done so I would suggest doing so since the more people who do that the more they might consider doing it.

IM sure it has been asked already but duke nukem forever is $5 for the mac only?What about pc?We are the master race here!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Deals are live everyone :) This has been noted above but I felt the need to update as well :).

Hope you all enjoy the deals, tell your friends so they don't miss out![/QUOTE]

Tony,
Not sure it has been asked, but do you know the exact time that today's deals will stop and the codes invalid? I assume midnight pacific time? right?

thanks!

[quote name='stoned99']Wasn't talking about digital.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already I would report the lower price through the game's product detail page. It's no guarantee they will ever price match, but the more people report a lower price the more likely they are to price match.

[quote name='Fatdude']IM sure it has been asked already but duke nukem forever is $5 for the mac only?What about pc?We are the master race here![/QUOTE]

The Mac code will activate the game in your steam library if you have a PC...so rather than create 2 promotions we just created one.

[quote name='jester55']Tony,
Not sure it has been asked, but do you know the exact time that today's deals will stop and the codes invalid? I assume midnight pacific time? right?

thanks![/QUOTE]

The codes SHOULD stop working at midnight PST. Pricing changes are a crap shoot...could be 12:30, could be 1:30.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Fatdude']IM sure it has been asked already but duke nukem forever is $5 for the mac only?What about pc?We are the master race here![/QUOTE]

You're not the first person nor will you be the last person. The answer that I last saw was that the CD key is redeemable via Steam thus you should be able to get the PC version of the game.

Also I think on that page on Amazon if you scroll down someone under customer reviews states it works for PC too.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you haven't already I would report the lower price through the game's product detail page. It's no guarantee they will ever price match, but the more people report a lower price the more likely they are to price match.[/QUOTE]

But we have Tony, and p.s I did that already.

[quote name='stoned99']But we have Tony, and p.s I did that already.[/QUOTE]

I've always understood that Tony is the Digital Video Game rep and works strictly with the digital department and doesn't really have input into how the retail side of things make their decision, but I may be wrong.

Tony, Since you've turned a number of us into digital believers, couple of questions going forward:

1. are you guys looking into adding more classic titles to the service? perhaps we could start a new thread w/ folks voting for their favs? personally i'd love to see older titles like dungeon siege 1/2, titan quest, torchlight, pharoah/ceasar/zeus, king's/police/space quest collections. Then I won't have to go hunting around for my old CDs all the time.
  2. will you consider a register cd key - like how steam does it? I realize some folks like to keep their stuff in steam but i'm going the other way and want to keep all my stuff w/ amazon if possible.
thank you again for the deals - can't wait till nov/dec!

I wonder how much traffic there'll be in this thread after today. I know a lot of regulars will stick around, but I think there's definitely going to be a dropoff

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I've always understood that Tony is the Digital Video Game rep and works strictly with the digital department and doesn't really have input into how the retail side of things make their decision, but I may be wrong.[/QUOTE]

This is fairly accurate. I mean, I know and work with the physical team on some stuff...but I definitely can't just walk over there and state, "guys pricematch stat!".

There are a bunch of reasons for this, from my standpoint though it has to do with bandwidth. The digital team is pretty lean over here so we have to be hyper focused on growing and supporting our business.

Sorry for the continued confusion around this.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony, Since you've turned a number of us into digital believers, couple of questions going forward:

1. are you guys looking into adding more classic titles to the service? perhaps we could start a new thread w/ folks voting for their favs? personally i'd love to see older titles like dungeon siege 1/2, titan quest, torchlight, pharoah/ceasar/zeus, king's/police/space quest collections. Then I won't have to go hunting around for my old CDs all the time.
  2. will you consider a register cd key - like how steam does it? I realize some folks like to keep their stuff in steam but i'm going the other way and want to keep all my stuff w/ amazon if possible.
thank you again for the deals - can't wait till nov/dec![/QUOTE]

Awesome questions:

1. We're constantly trying to expand content. The process involved in getting a game from a vendor, and getting it up on Amazon is pretty complex, but we try to get between 3-10 back catalog games up per month. This obviously competes with new releases and pre-orders though. I think you'll be pretty excited by some of our announcements over the next few months...I know I am.

2. This is the kind of stuff I definitely can't discuss on a public forum for a battery of reasons. Right now we're focused on delivering content really fast (with great server structure and download speeds), and without issues (like paused downloads), at the best price (see our sales). If this changes in the future I'll be posting here in HUGE CAPITAL LETTERS! :).

[quote name='tjs09']I wonder how much traffic there'll be in this thread after today. I know a lot of regulars will stick around, but I think there's definitely going to be a dropoff[/QUOTE]

Aww...you just made me sad :(

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I've always understood that Tony is the Digital Video Game rep and works strictly with the digital department and doesn't really have input into how the retail side of things make their decision, but I may be wrong.[/QUOTE]

While I recognize the complexity of it, I do wish the two 'departments' (retail and digital) had more price parity.

I prefer buying older games ( at least 1 or 2 years old ) and it's not uncommon to find the physical media versions of older games much cheaper than their digital counterparts; the recent deals excluded of course. And I'm referring to titles being sold by Amazon, not the 3rd party vendors - which are often times even cheaper.

I'm curious when the next set of awesome Amazon DL deals are coming, once the BSO Madness is over....

I'm looking @Tony here.... :p

[folds arms, tapping foot (im)patiently]

So I'm looking to use up my last coupon and have my eyes set on Crysis 1 or 2, but I hear the DRM on these games are terrible. The low ratings on Crysis Maximum about the DRM are enough to put me off but does Crysis 2 also suffer from the same problems? Mainly about Securom being included and the problems that people talk about that specific DRM (not being able to remove it from your computer, malware, messing with your hardware/mounting software, etc.)

Hi will you have Mass effect 3 for 5 dollars at release? And will the 5 dollar coupon be extended to make it free? Thanks. (joking)

Hey just wanted to take the time to thank you again for your awesome work you have done this holiday/January season. I've said it before, but I have never EVER seen anyone have the balls to compete with steam, let alone take them down and smother them with your awesome deals. Your dedication to try to answer all questions on this board is breath-taking and def shows that amazon.com needs to give you a giant raise soon for all the business and interest you are bringing into the digital market. ;)

Can't wait to ride the T-train all through 2012 and beyond!

Hey Tony,

Not sure if it's been mentioned before in this thread, but is it possible to direct where Amazon downloads the installer to? My main drive is a SSD and I don't want it to download all my files there every time without letting me choose.

Thanks

Well this is a longshot, but I'll put it out there:

Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green

Would be amazing to get this on Amazon's digital store. I have the retail version, but it is OOP now and as much as I love this game it would suck if I ever lost it/damaged it, etc.

Having it in my Amazon digital account would be great.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well this is a longshot, but I'll put it out there:

Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green

Would be amazing to get this on Amazon's digital store. I have the retail version, but it is OOP now and as much as I love this game it would suck if I ever lost it/damaged it, etc.

Having it in my Amazon digital account would be great.[/QUOTE]

Ughhhh I remember that steaming pile

[quote name='Giordano86']Hey Tony,

Not sure if it's been mentioned before in this thread, but is it possible to direct where Amazon downloads the installer to? My main drive is a SSD and I don't want it to download all my files there every time without letting me choose.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
I liked that on the old Amazon Game & Software Downloader program, I could set the path where it wants to download my installers.

Now, when you do a game download from Amazon DL, it forces itself to the DESKTOP...
I'm not a n00b, dammit! :p
Thanks for making me have to copy the ENTIRE installer to the other HDD and then have to DELETE the one you forced onto the DESKTOP.... [sarcasm]

[quote name='sotolicious']So I'm looking to use up my last coupon and have my eyes set on Crysis 1 or 2, but I hear the DRM on these games are terrible. The low ratings on Crysis Maximum about the DRM are enough to put me off but does Crysis 2 also suffer from the same problems? Mainly about Securom being included and the problems that people talk about that specific DRM (not being able to remove it from your computer, malware, messing with your hardware/mounting software, etc.)[/QUOTE]I haven't noticed any problems with my retail disc of Crysis which I've probably installed at least three times across two computers. I took my Crysis 2 key from A'zon and popped it into Origin and downloaded it that way.

[quote name='jrodri86'][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]PH5A-YD8DYR-A4MYSJ

My last code, i won't be using it. Enjoy.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Thanks, used it to get DNF. Add games to my Steam Library. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back