Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Final Fantasy XIV (Online) - it has monthly fees now, right?[/QUOTE]

It started a "discounted" monthly fee beginning in 2012. So currently it requires a $7.99/month fee, but when you buy the game you still get a 30-day free trial. I've been thinking about trying this out now since it seems like recent reviews have a lot of positive things to say about it. The game is a LOT different than when first released, plus the new 2.0 patch is supposed to bring an entire revamp.

[quote name='xanchui']zomg! Dungeon Defenders is 'Currently Unavailable'... Promo been selling better than expected? =0[/QUOTE]

[quote name='unknown0']Was just about to get Dungeon Defenders. Looks like I'll have to anxiously wait for the deal to come back.[/QUOTE]

We're working on this and should have it up ASAP. You'll still be able to get the game at this price :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='xanchui']zomg! Dungeon Defenders is 'Currently Unavailable'... Promo been selling better than expected? =0[/QUOTE]

[quote name='unknown0']Was just about to get Dungeon Defenders. Looks like I'll have to anxiously wait for the deal to come back.[/QUOTE]

Game is back up, we had keys on hand they just got hung up in our system. Basically someone forgot to feed a hamster this weekend.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Game is back up, we had keys on hand they just got hung up in our system. Basically someone forgot to feed a hamster this weekend.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think a hamster had too much to drink this weekend.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think a hamster had too much to drink this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Hey man,

Hamsters need recreation too. Apparently, although we got our keys back ingested, our QA team is kicking the tires on our fulfillment system one more time before putting it back up. Shouldn't be much longer though.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony:

I wonder when will Valentine's Day Promotion start and how long will it last? Only one day I suppose?

Cheers

[quote name='pinkgun']Hi Tony:

I wonder when will Valentine's Day Promotion start and how long will it last? Only one day I suppose?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Just updated the OP. It will start tomorrow (2/14 ~12:30AM PST) and run through the end of 2/20 (so 11:59:59 PST on 2/20).

Enjoy :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just updated the OP. It will start tomorrow (2/14 ~12:30AM PST) and run through the end of 2/20 (so 11:59:59 PST on 2/20).

Enjoy :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
A week? Sweet, thank you:applause:

I always get tempted by Borderlands GOTY but I have it on the 360. I'd definitely get a PC copy also if not for Securom. Might snag MW2 though!

[quote name='Shimmerz']I always get tempted by Borderlands GOTY but I have it on the 360. I'd definitely get a PC copy also if not for Securom. Might snag MW2 though![/QUOTE]

Our copy is not the retail box copy, it is the Steamworks version...FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Our copy is not the retail box copy, it is the Steamworks version...FYI.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the first 2 DLCs have Securom. I dont mind drm but I dont like drm that modifies the registry to the point where you have to download special software to be able to remove it. Awesome game though! I cant count the hours I put into the xbox version.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Yeah, the first 2 DLCs have Securom. I dont mind drm but I dont like drm that modifies the registry to the point where you have to download special software to be able to remove it. Awesome game though! I cant count the hours I put into the xbox version.[/QUOTE]

Even the Steamworks versions use Securom? Are you sure?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Even the Steamworks versions use Securom? Are you sure?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
YES.

Borderlands' Zombie Island DLC and Moxxi DLC both contain additional Securom DRM - even in the Steam version.
Speaking from experience here.

They ditched the additional Securom DRM on the Steam version for General Knoxx DLC and Claptrap Robo Rev DLC, due to the complaints.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Even the Steamworks versions use Securom? Are you sure?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yep, just DLC packs 1 and 2 though. The last two dont have it. If you check the Borderlands forum on steam there are plenty of discussions about it. Thought about just buying the base game and the last two DLCs if they ever go on sale on steam. I'm sure I'll be picking up MW2 though. Kind of nervous in regards to Borderlands 2 (PC) for Securom after the fact that Bioshock/Borderlands DLC have it. Probably will end up getting that for Xbox instead. Bit off topic I know sorry.

[quote name='MysterD']YES.

Borderlands' Zombie Island DLC and Moxxi DLC both contain additional Securom DRM - even in the Steam version.
Speaking from experience here.

They ditched the additional Securom DRM on the Steam version for General Knoxx DLC and Claptrap Robo Rev DLC, due to the complaints.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shimmerz']Yep, just DLC packs 1 and 2 though. The last two dont have it. If you check the Borderlands forum on steam there are plenty of discussions about it. Thought about just buying the base game and the last two DLCs if they ever go on sale on steam. I'm sure I'll be picking up MW2 though. Kind of nervous in regards to Borderlands 2 (PC) for Securom after the fact that Bioshock/Borderlands DLC have it. Probably will end up getting that for Xbox instead. Bit off topic I know sorry.[/QUOTE]

Not off topic at all, I appreciate the heads up, it is good for me know in order to help answer questions across the internets.

Cheers,
Tony

am i the only person who doesn't really mind drm stuff? i mean, don't get it wrong - back when i couldn't afford games and before i knew any better, i pirated my share of games. over time, i realized that i enjoyed those games so much that i just started buying them because it was easier, then steam taught me that games don't have to cost 60 dollars and between steam, amazon and origin i now have about a terabyte of games that i've purchased. the only one i ever run into problems with is EA's origin service, but that is not really a drm problem, more likely a clusterfuck account history problem.

whats the big deal if a game has drm? why exactly does it matter? with the speed of today's computers and video cards i rarely notice system requirements anymore, with hard drives as cheap as they are i don't care about updates and patches anymore, either.

more the point, if the drm doesn't affect your ability to play the game offline, what is the real focus of the hate?

[quote name='Shimmerz']Yep, just DLC packs 1 and 2 though. The last two dont have it. If you check the Borderlands forum on steam there are plenty of discussions about it. Thought about just buying the base game and the last two DLCs if they ever go on sale on steam. I'm sure I'll be picking up MW2 though. Kind of nervous in regards to Borderlands 2 (PC) for Securom after the fact that Bioshock/Borderlands DLC have it. Probably will end up getting that for Xbox instead. Bit off topic I know sorry.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, Duke Nukem Forever PC was Gearbox's most recent game - which ONLY requires Steam.
You might want to wait and see what Gearbox announces for DRM w/ Borderlands 2 PC.

EDIT:
Even though 2K published both Bioshock and Borderlands, Bioshock has NOTHING to do w/ Gearbox.
Bioshock 1 was by Irrational - they used Securom.
Bioshock 2 was by 2K Marin - they used Securom + G4WL.

[quote name='kwirl']am i the only person who doesn't really mind drm stuff? i mean, don't get it wrong - back when i couldn't afford games and before i knew any better, i pirated my share of games. over time, i realized that i enjoyed those games so much that i just started buying them because it was easier, then steam taught me that games don't have to cost 60 dollars and between steam, amazon and origin i now have about a terabyte of games that i've purchased. the only one i ever run into problems with is EA's origin service, but that is not really a drm problem, more likely a clusterfuck account history problem.

whats the big deal if a game has drm? why exactly does it matter? with the speed of today's computers and video cards i rarely notice system requirements anymore, with hard drives as cheap as they are i don't care about updates and patches anymore, either.

more the point, if the drm doesn't affect your ability to play the game offline, what is the real focus of the hate?[/QUOTE]

I'm all for developers having DRM to protect their property but that doesnt give them the right to modify my registry to the point so that it cant be uninstalled properly. Steam itself is a form of DRM and I prefer my games to be on Steam.

[quote name='kwirl']am i the only person who doesn't really mind drm stuff? i mean, don't get it wrong - back when i couldn't afford games and before i knew any better, i pirated my share of games. over time, i realized that i enjoyed those games so much that i just started buying them because it was easier, then steam taught me that games don't have to cost 60 dollars and between steam, amazon and origin i now have about a terabyte of games that i've purchased. the only one i ever run into problems with is EA's origin service, but that is not really a drm problem, more likely a clusterfuck account history problem.

more the point, if the drm doesn't affect your ability to play the game offline, what is the real focus of the hate?[/QUOTE]
Depending on the DRM, DRM's have done some crazy things.
They often install drivers to your system.
They might even modify your OS and/or registry.

StarForce, for example, was one of the most damaging DRM's. It could...do LOTS of thing.
It was known for...
Doing damage to your OS and its security;
Cause all kinds of weird blue screens, make your OS not boot, and other Windows errors;
your literal game CD's and DVD's [some people have had their discs break and shatter right in the optical drive b/c of the way SF manipulates disc drives];
and actually to destroying your disc drive [causing it to not work, given the way it literally measure your game disc and manipulate disc drive's speed, wearing it out].

Also, many don't like Securom b/c it is known for stopping game from booting b/c you have a "black-listed" program installed; have had issues w/ online Internet activations; uses rootkeys for revokes; and other things.

My Samsung DVD drives hate Securom for whatever reason, and I have the disc version of Borderlands GOTY back when Amazon did a gold box on it for 10 bucks a while ago. The disc will hang trying to read about 95% of the time; never happens with any other disc. Even got a replacement copy thinking the disc was defective and that didn't work either. It's also a pain to have to catalog and remember which games in your collection use which DRM/activation scheme because some of them don't automatically de-activate for you upon uninstall, and if you end up having to reformat or your entire HDD dies in general without a chance to de-activate yourself you just lose an activation for no real reason. Sure, you might (and I do mean might) get them reset if you call but why should you have to in the first place; it's just an inconvenience with no upside for the consumer.

[quote name='Psybuster']My Samsung DVD drives hate Securom for whatever reason, and I have the disc version of Borderlands GOTY back when Amazon did a gold box on it for 10 bucks a while ago. The disc will hang trying to read about 95% of the time; never happens with any other disc. Even got a replacement copy thinking the disc was defective and that didn't work either.[/quote]
If I recall, Painkiller on Retail disc had all kinds of problems w/ certain drives b/c of its DRM.
Of course, GOG sells the game DRM-FREE now...

It's also a pain to have to catalog and remember which games in your collection use which DRM/activation scheme because some of them don't automatically de-activate for you upon uninstall, and if you end up having to reformat or your entire HDD dies in general without a chance to de-activate yourself you just lose an activation for no real reason. Sure, you might (and I do mean might) get them reset if you call but why should you have to in the first place; it's just an inconvenience with no upside for the consumer.
Yeah, the Securom DRM schemes w/ install limits are crazy.
And having to call for a product we bought - yeah, that just sounds annoying and silly.

I think DRM is in place b/c they [the publishers] probably hope we legit gamers will go buy another copy of the game - especially if the game has install limits. :p

Of course, pirates never have to worry about the pain-in-the-neck DRM problems that legit game-owners go through...

IMHO, any games w/ SP portions, the SP portions of the game should have their DRM removed at a later said date, when the game gets old, cheap, and done its round of sales. DRM's there "supposedly" to stop pirates from thieving the game at high prices [usually when a game's new on the market] and to try to eliminate used game sales.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Divinity II, where art thou?[/QUOTE]
Ego Draconis (Original Edition) or Dragon Knight Saga? :p
I hope you mean DKS; it's worlds better.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Divinity II, where art thou?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Ego Draconis (Original Edition) or Dragon Knight Saga? :p
I hope you mean DKS; it's worlds better.[/QUOTE]

Working on this :).

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony
When do Valentine's Day prices flip?
Somewhere around 12AM PST, give or take?
[Side Note - I'm here on East Coast, so 3 hour Time Zone difference for me.]

any chance the various Magicka dlc will be on sale as well?
I bought the pack during the december sale, but never grabbed the few things it doesn't include

[quote name='Larce80']hmm dont really see anything I like but good work having a sale, seems like Valve didnt bother.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I wouldn't count Valve out, this soon...
It ain't even Val-Day, yet.
Plus, they haven't even began their Midweek Madness yet...

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
When do Valentine's Day prices flip?
Somewhere around 12AM PST, give or take?
[Side Note - I'm here on East Coast, so 3 hour Time Zone difference for me.][/QUOTE]

Anytime after 12:00 AM ( 3:00AM your time) usually by 12:30. It takes a variable amount of time due to a bunch of technical issues that we have a team of devs working on. Changing ANYTHING having to due with a functioning pricing system on Amazon is definitely a process though.

[quote name='Larce80']hmm dont really see anything I like but good work having a sale, seems like Valve didnt bother.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment, we are trying to bring you guys some killer deals! Our buddies over at that other group you mentioned they having some cool sales too though, and I'm sure they've got something crazy up their sleeves for V-Day. I actually ran into one of those guys at breakfast this Saturday and we spent the entire morning hanging out. He was legitimately one of the coolest dudes I've ever met.

[quote name='pablo9000']any chance the various Magicka dlc will be on sale as well?
I bought the pack during the december sale, but never grabbed the few things it doesn't include[/QUOTE]

We don't have any plans for putting the DLC on sale as well currently.

[quote name='faraany3k']MW2 so cheap OMG, Best offer ever. Thanx TONY[/QUOTE]

Glad you're psyched :)

[quote name='MysterD']Oh, I wouldn't count Valve out, this soon...
It ain't even Val-Day, yet.
Plus, they haven't even began their Midweek Madness yet...[/QUOTE]

See my note above:)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

See my note above:)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Saw it.
Yeah, you're right - they have some cool deals.

And you didn't match their Steam Daily Deal of Games of Thrones: Genesis for $10. :p

Not sure if anybody else looking for that game, so figured I'd mention it.
Not cheap enough yet, for my blood.... :p

I wonder when Black Ops and MW3 will get that cheap. :p
Hell, while we're at it - same goes for BF3, as well...

[quote name='MysterD']Saw it.
Yeah, you're right - they have some cool deals.

And you didn't match their Steam Daily Deal of Games of Thrones: Genesis for $10. :p

Not sure if anybody else looking for that game, so figured I'd mention it.
Not cheap enough yet, for my blood.... :p[/QUOTE]

This was a total miss on my part, sorry it was a daily too. We actually talked about this in a meeting and then I got sucked into finishing up the V-Day promo. My bad :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This was a total miss on my part, sorry it was a daily too. We actually talked about this in a meeting and then I got sucked into finishing up the V-Day promo. My bad :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I'm a nerd w/ no life and don't miss many digital deals. :p
So, yeah...don't worry about it.
I'm not looking for this game yet...not cheap enuff for a CAG like me, yet.

Don't know if others are, though. :p

[quote name='MysterD']I wonder when Black Ops and MW3 will get that cheap. :p
Hell, while we're at it - same goes for BF3, as well...[/QUOTE]

I know Activision will not like this, but Black Ops is a much better choice for Valentine promo as it has a wonderful Zombie COOP mode.

i can't seem to make myself want to spend 10 bucks on game of thrones :( as much as i love the series, that game just looks like it captures none of the magic that makes the series so fantastic

It's been a long time since I've posted in this thread; but I always have my watchful eye on it. Great deal on MW2. I'll be grabbing a copy for a friend since I already have it; and I grabbed Dungeon Defenders (again) this morning.

As always, great deals Tony!

[quote name='faraany3k']I know Activision will not like this, but Black Ops is a much better choice for Valentine promo as it has a wonderful Zombie COOP mode.[/QUOTE]

Amazon could do both MW2 and Black Ops at $5 each. :p
That'd be crazy :D

its off topic, but as gamers, i think you guys might appreciate This article.

seems like he was a great guy, and i'd like to spread some attention to his legacy to people who love games, and more likely than not, some work this guy did.

many of us know people fighting with cancer, and this link isn't asking for money - its just a story that deserves to be told.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Tony,
Are any of the v-day deals at risk of running out of keys? Or should there be plenty through the end of the week?[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't be, I've ordered pretty large numbers of keys, even assuming a really healthy forecast. That being said, if they do we'll scramble to get more keys stat.

Cheers,
Tony

I will be jumping on the Borderlands deal. I've been waiting to get that game for a long time, and now you've tempted me too much, Tony. I might get Dungeon Defenders as well, but I just bought Battlefield 3 from Amazon this weekend.

Hey Tony,
Any update when Amazon might be getting The Witcher 2 for download...and more importantly have a deal on it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back