Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I can tell you that we won't be carrying it tomorrow at launch, but it looks like the digital distributor is Remedy Games, whose games we don't currently carry (I think).

I'll follow up internally to see about the future, good call out!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Remedy Games is self-publishing this, since Microsoft [finally] gave them the greenlight to bring it here.

Remedy's other games - Max Payne 1 and 2 - were great.
Of course, Rockstar owns the rights to Max Payne franchise.

EDIT:
Speaking of Remedy, anybody remember Death Rally? hehe.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Also, you all should get pumped for the Deals we'll have running starting on Sunday and going through to the end of the month...they are pretty awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Is Payday The Heist included? That and Space Marine are the only two games currently that I do not own but would buy if a good deal came along.

[quote name='avwjase']Is Payday The Heist included? That and Space Marine are the only two games currently that I do not own but would buy if a good deal came along.[/QUOTE]

Ive been waiting for a Payday deal for awhile...that would be awesome if we got one here soon.

[quote name='avwjase']Is Payday The Heist included? That and Space Marine are the only two games currently that I do not own but would buy if a good deal came along.[/QUOTE]

Space Marine is currently $15 @ Gamefly/Direct2Drive. but with the MSRP apparently dropping to $30, I'm sure it'll show up sub-$10 sooner, rather than later.

[quote name='MysterD']Remedy Games is self-publishing this, since Microsoft [finally] gave them the greenlight to bring it here.

Remedy's other games - Max Payne 1 and 2 - were great.
Of course, Rockstar owns the rights to Max Payne franchise.

EDIT:
Speaking of Remedy, anybody remember Death Rally? hehe.[/QUOTE]

It was released as free by remedy not long ago and with great compatibility woth Windows 7 and other tweaks:
http://www.remedygames.com/games/deathrally

Enjoy, it was a fantastic game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I buy my MP3s from Amazon every time too. Hate itunes. Can't beat Amazon's DRM free files, customer service, etc.[/QUOTE]
Yup, likewise. It's the easiest way to get them on my Zune. I know, I know, I am the 1% etc. But having no other iDevices, it's nice not having to invest in that ecosystem.

Was looking at the Deals you have going now and I don't see BC2 or BC2: Vietnam mentioned even though they're on sale.

Do those activate on Steam?

Just built a new PC trying to improve my PC library.

[quote name='r9800pro']Will Amazon PM THQ store Space Marine $14.99 sale ?

I already got the game from a trade but just wanted to know[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Meatyflakes']Space Marine is currently $15 @ Gamefly/Direct2Drive. but with the MSRP apparently dropping to $30, I'm sure it'll show up sub-$10 sooner, rather than later.[/QUOTE]

I just hit the button to match the $15 pricepoint, and we'll be there again sometime next week. I'm still working out the details and testing stuff, so I can't announce anything specific yet, but customers who used the $5 coupon in January will probably be able to get a slightly better deal...more info to come on this, I'm working furiously to work the kinks out of one of our systems and get a pretty cool sale off the ground for you guys next week.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Since it comes out tomorrow [on Steam], are you guys planning to get Alan Wake: Complete Edition for the PC?
Side note: AW Complete PC requires Steam.[/QUOTE]

Turns out we should be getting this shortly, not sure on the exact timeline though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Was looking at the Deals you have going now and I don't see BC2 or BC2: Vietnam mentioned even though they're on sale.

Do those activate on Steam?

Just built a new PC trying to improve my PC library.[/QUOTE]
They don't activate on steam but you can use the keys with origin. And origin isn't required to play, Just an FYI.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']MW2 activates on steam so you can just buy the game twice and you will get two unique keys in your Video Games account. You can activate one key on your steam account and give the other key to your GF to activate on her steam account.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to activate under gift inventory like if you wanted to trade?

Tony - I just got an email from Deals4Downloads.com, highlighting an Amazon sale that I don't think made it onto your front page.

Sid Meiers Civilization V at Amazon for $7.49. Save 75%!

Awesome deal! I love seeing the 75% price point for this game, because more of my friends are finally jumping in, now that it's under $10.

Any chance of an equivalent sale on the Civ 5 DLC that you have in your store? 75% is a sale point that nobody has hit yet for the DLC, although Amazon and Steam have both flirted with it at 66%. I image there's a lot of CAGs waiting patiently to see the high holy 75% off for these items; me included. Although, to be honest, I might buy one DLC item to tide me over if I see 66%.

Also: PC Download Bioshock for $4.99. That's a popular sale point for this game, but probably worth a mention on your front page.

i don't want to jump in with a 'can you get this, or can you get that' - but maybe a sub-thread where people could post games they want, with prices they would (reasonably) be willing to pay would be useful to tony and the other guys doing similar jobs, like
i'd love to see the first batman goty title on sale, steam hit 5 bucks with it, so maybe 6 or 7 would feel like a reasonable consolation price.

the saint's row games i might bite on, but i don't know what i would pay - it feels like a dlc sink from an outside view, to be honest, i look at how much expected dlc is going to be sold for a game and subtract it from what i'm willing to pay on the base title, one of the main reasons's i didn't buy space marine til it dropped to 12 bucks.

[quote name='kwirl']i don't want to jump in with a 'can you get this, or can you get that' - but maybe a sub-thread where people could post games they want, with prices they would (reasonably) be willing to pay would be useful to tony and the other guys doing similar jobs, like
i'd love to see the first batman goty title on sale, steam hit 5 bucks with it, so maybe 6 or 7 would feel like a reasonable consolation price.

the saint's row games i might bite on, but i don't know what i would pay - it feels like a dlc sink from an outside view, to be honest, i look at how much expected dlc is going to be sold for a game and subtract it from what i'm willing to pay on the base title, one of the main reasons's i didn't buy space marine til it dropped to 12 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Batman is Warner bros. amazon doesn't carry wb downloads or we'd have seen it imagine. My question is...do people even look on amazon before they ask about price? It could have been 5 dollars

[quote name='gcorlett']

Also: PC Download Bioshock for $4.99. That's a popular sale point for this game, but probably worth a mention on your front page.[/QUOTE]
Anybody missing Bioshock and looking for a great first-person shooter w/ some RPG elements and a FANTASTIC story and gameworld (Rapture), you owe it to yourself to play this.

[quote name='ochentay4']It was released as free by remedy not long ago and with great compatibility woth Windows 7 and other tweaks:
http://www.remedygames.com/games/deathrally

Enjoy, it was a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I got it back when it first became freeware. :D

Turns out we should be getting this shortly, not sure on the exact timeline though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Awesome news on you guys might be getting Alan Wake PC soon.
My eyes will remain wide-open. :D

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Ive been waiting for a Payday deal for awhile...that would be awesome if we got one here soon.[/QUOTE]
YES!
I would like to ALSO see a deal on Payday: The Heist! :D

[quote name='Razorfish']http://www.deals4downloads.com/ does a pretty good job of collating Amazon's digital download deals. I use the Compact Table View so I can see more details per page, Sort by Latest to get reverse chronological order, and the % savings slider to filter out smaller discounts.[/QUOTE]

Found this link while thread searching for Amazon's sort order when creating deal pages and wanted to say thanks. I do wish it included Title as a sorting choice but this site appears to be awesome.

Tony - if you don't mind answering this question, how do you sort your list of games offered on a deal page like the $2.99 Casual Games list? Most Amazon searches and product pages include filters and/or sort options but I notice when these game deals (and other special offers) list the qualifying products there is no sort offered (unless I am missing it somewhere?). This isn't a big deal until the list gets long spanning multiple pages and then my OCD kicks in and I really want to organize things for you. :D

Just curious and thanks!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Batman is Warner bros. amazon doesn't carry wb downloads or we'd have seen it imagine. My question is...do people even look on amazon before they ask about price? It could have been 5 dollars[/QUOTE]

i check the sales, so at that price i would have seen it, and i remember reading earlier about the lack of wb content, i was just posting an example of what i was talking about, i thought that having a thread somewhere that showed typical consumer demand and sample price points would be helpful data for obtaining new content etc - if enough people are like 'we want batman' then it would give amazon help in determining how much effort to spend obtaining licenses with publishers for content.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']What's the DRM like on Bioshock? That one review on Amazon about it is keeping me away.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 1 was one of first games w/ the install-limit Securom online activation DRM.
The DRM activations limits have been changed a few times, due to complaints.
It's NOW currently at unlimited activations allowed.
Now, you just have to activate the game online through the servers for the PC you want to play the game on and you'll be good to go.

This is my first purchase from amazon for my pc. I ordered dungeon defenders and it started downloading. How do I get it to steam or will it show up there in my library?

[quote name='Althax']This is my first purchase from amazon for my pc. I ordered dungeon defenders and it started downloading. How do I get it to steam or will it show up there in my library?[/QUOTE]

Once you run the installer you're downloading you will log in with your Steam account. Alternatively, in the future, you can input the activation key from your Amazon Games Library into Steam and it will download within Steam.

Briefly considered buying MW2, but after seeing all the negative reviews, I was somewhat put off. I've already played it once (or maybe twice, can't really remember) so I should probably refrain from buying it.

I bought Borderlands GOTY about 4-5 months ago and still have yet to play it. It seems like it could be quite the undertaking. I always have to get into the right mind-set before playing really long games or else it feels like a chore (as odd as that sounds).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Joke or serious?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Serious you can still buy Mass Effect 1 and 2 from the steam store granted they are $19 each but with Origin removing most of there games from steam and making them Origin only I was just wondering.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Serious you can still buy Mass Effect 1 and 2 from the steam store granted they are $19 each but with Origin removing most of there games from steam and making them Origin only I was just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Cool, just checking. None of the EA games we sell will activate on Steam, this applies to both ME1 and ME2.

Sorry if my question offended, it wasn't meant to..."Activate on Steam?" is almost a meme in this thread now though lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Cool, just checking. None of the EA games we sell will activate on Steam, this applies to both ME1 and ME2.

Sorry if my question offended, it wasn't meant to..."Activate on Steam?" is almost a meme in this thread now though lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No worries thanks for clarifying it.:bouncy:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Cool, just checking. None of the EA games we sell will activate on Steam, this applies to both ME1 and ME2.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Do they activate on PSN?

[quote name='kiwimonster']No worries thanks for clarifying it.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You're welcome :)

[quote name='pROvIs']Do they activate on PSN?[/QUOTE]

Lol **Head Explodes**

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='sinned47']freaking awesome! been looking to get mass effect 1. is it going to be redeemable on steam or origin?[/QUOTE]

not sure if serious...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You're welcome :)

Lol **Head Explodes**

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You are much more patient than me. *tips hat*

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Briefly considered buying MW2, but after seeing all the negative reviews, I was somewhat put off. I've already played it once (or maybe twice, can't really remember) so I should probably refrain from buying it.

I bought Borderlands GOTY about 4-5 months ago and still have yet to play it. It seems like it could be quite the undertaking. I always have to get into the right mind-set before playing really long games or else it feels like a chore (as odd as that sounds).[/QUOTE]

I bought MW2 for $5 from Amazon. I briefly played the campaign and it runs great! I think most of the negative reviews are referring to the multiplayer, as people find it lacking in support and riddled with hackers. HOWEVER, if you want to play an awesome FPS campaign, it's worth $5 [I played the campaign years ago on 360, really cool].

Damn. I just built a computer today that can run ME and ME2 at highest no problems so I was looking to buy (although I already have for 360, but shooters on comp are best). Its a bit off-putting that its through origin though. Will have to sit on it for a day or two.

I don't think ME and ME2 requires Origin to run. I have both games (ME1 from Steam and ME2 on disc). I registered both games on origin (to DL/install). However, I am able to play both games without origin running. The only time when Origin runs is when I am play BF3. However, ME3 will use Origin IIRC. Not sure if ordering from Amazon is any different though, unless you are talking about another game.

That's good. I really shouldn't care though since I also have Gatling gears and Red Alert 3 through them (the $10 off glitch scored me both for $5 a pop). Most of the bad reputation is just people not understanding how it works, but still, having two different drm programs sucks.

For god's sake people, Origin didn't even exist when Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 were released...

So why on earth would those games require Origin?

No game requires Origin other than Battlefield 3 and Gatling Gears.

ME doesn't require anything other than the CD-Key. Be sure to register on the BioWare site for the free Burning Down The Sky DLC.

ME2 requires creating an EA account, if you don't already have one, through the game to access DLC.

That's it.

Can we please end this Origin paranoia?

Could anyone tell me how to redeem ME 1 on Origin?
I tried to use this url: https://activate.ea.com/
However, I keep getting this error "The product code entered is not valid for game activation." after filling all the information and pressing Sign In.

P/s: Ok, so I've contact with EA Support and they told me to ask Amazon to have a replacement with code

Here's the chat log
// I cut my introduction part here, will go directly into the issue
Jessie: Okay could I have the code?
you: FR*****P-B*****J*****-TY*****J-FE*****A-*****AMX
you: here&#*****;s the code
Jessie: Thank you.
Jessie: One moment.
you: ok
Jessie: Okay where that code is older it is coming up in my system as invalid.
Jessie: So when you go to activate.ea.com and put in FR*****P-B*****J*****-TY*****J-FE*****A-*****AMX you get an error?
you: i bought it from Amazon since they have a deal on ME series today
you: wait me a second
you: omg, and now i received the message &#*****;The product code entered is not valid for game activation.&#*****; instead
Jessie: Yes then you would want to contact Amazon back for a new code.
Jessie: We actually no longer have those codes so I could not give you a replacement.
you: ok, i will contact with them
Jessie: But where it is through a *****rd party retailer they would need to provide you a new code.
Jessie: If they do not you can follow the steps on warrantyinfo.ea.com
Jessie: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Ive been waiting for a Payday deal for awhile...that would be awesome if we got one here soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']
YES!
I would like to ALSO see a deal on Payday: The Heist! :D[/QUOTE]

Spacemarine will definitely be in the upcoming sale. As for Payday, I'll have an update for you all very soon.

By the way, who is excited for "The Witcher 2" for $14.99 starting on Sunday?

[quote name='gcorlett']

Any chance of an equivalent sale on the Civ 5 DLC that you have in your store? 75% is a sale point that nobody has hit yet for the DLC, although Amazon and Steam have both flirted with it at 66%. I image there's a lot of CAGs waiting patiently to see the high holy 75% off for these items; me included. Although, to be honest, I might buy one DLC item to tide me over if I see 66%.[/QUOTE]

We don't have DLC sale plans yet, but I'm working on something. Nothing developed far enough to talk about yet though. Stay tuned!

[quote name='Palinn']Found this link while thread searching for Amazon's sort order when creating deal pages and wanted to say thanks. I do wish it included Title as a sorting choice but this site appears to be awesome.

Tony - if you don't mind answering this question, how do you sort your list of games offered on a deal page like the $2.99 Casual Games list? Most Amazon searches and product pages include filters and/or sort options but I notice when these game deals (and other special offers) list the qualifying products there is no sort offered (unless I am missing it somewhere?). This isn't a big deal until the list gets long spanning multiple pages and then my OCD kicks in and I really want to organize things for you. :D

Just curious and thanks![/QUOTE]

Good question! Most of our SUPER HUGE lists like that are actually sorted by best sellers. Sometimes we order them ourselves but remember, customers discover these deals through a variety of channels, so we find it better to let you guys sort the lists with your wallets rather than us trying to get creative...basically you guys as customers decide which of those games will be displayed first.

[quote name='Eucliwood']Could anyone tell me how to redeem ME 1 on Origin?
I tried to use this url: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do
However, I keep getting this error " We are unable to retrieve your product information at this time. Please try again. If this error repeats, please try again later" after filling all the information and pressing Sign In.[/QUOTE]

EA is still working on a programmatic fix to allow older legacy games to be activated on Origin. Mass Effect may not have been added yet, there is a link in the OP to the page describing this.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, so I've contacted Origin and they told me to ask for a key replacement.
I've posted the chat log in my previous post. Could you look through it?

By the way, who is excited for "The Witcher 2" for $14.99 starting on Sunday?

[/QUOTE]

The Witcher 2 is amazing. Bought a Steam copy off a fellow CAG and couldnt stop playing. Decisions affect the story so there is definite replayability. Also, not that it matters since its only a game but man is the red head smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back