Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Tony,

Any word on when Dead Space 1 and 2 will be back at $5 a pop? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on them for a while, have some extra funds on a gift card that I'd love to splurge on that with.

Tell Amazon they are doing a great job on the digital side, I've bought more off of Amazon PCDD than Steam in the past year.

~Mike

[quote name='MPCanes']Dear Tony,

Any word on when Dead Space 1 and 2 will be back at $5 a pop? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on them for a while, have some extra funds on a gift card that I'd love to splurge on that with.

Tell Amazon they are doing a great job on the digital side, I've bought more off of Amazon PCDD than Steam in the past year.

~Mike[/QUOTE]

Not sure when you'll see the $5 sale, but next week we'll be running a sale on Dead Space cross platform where customers who pay $6.99 for the Kindle Fire version will get the PC Download version for free.

Not sure if this applies to you, but if it does that might be a good option for you.

Also, thanks for the encouraging words, I'll pass them along to the team (there are only 4 of us :)).

Cheers,
Tony

Mass Effect 2 was no problem activating on Origin.

Mass Effect 1 took about 20 minutes on Origin's chat customer service to get going.

Also, don't forget, you get a free Mass Effect 1 DLC mission, but to get it you have to e-mail Origin and they will send you the activation code.

Damn! if only Steam did a sale for Witcher2 as this :(
I don't like free-DRM games, don't know why o.o, maybe because of the addons that Steam gives you.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not sure when you'll see the $5 sale, but next week we'll be running a sale on Dead Space cross platform where customers who pay $6.99 for the Kindle Fire version will get the PC Download version for free.

Not sure if this applies to you, but if it does that might be a good option for you.

Also, thanks for the encouraging words, I'll pass them along to the team (there are only 4 of us :)).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That Kindle Fire Cross Promotion sounds great, been waiting for some deal since I didn't want to pay $6.99 for something I may not play much.

With the first game free, though, it's a steal!

I never finished the first Witcher and it's been over two years since I left off. I just tried playing and realized I have no effing idea where I am in the myriad quests and whatnot and have forgotten the game's mechanics. Can I play Witcher 2 and get a proper experience if I just call it a day on the first or should I throw in the towel and start from scratch sometime by which time Witcher 2 will be free with the pre-order of "Witcher 3: I Told You It's Geralt, Not Gerald!"?

[quote name='DirkBelig']I never finished the first Witcher and it's been over two years since I left off. I just tried playing and realized I have no effing idea where I am in the myriad quests and whatnot and have forgotten the game's mechanics. Can I play Witcher 2 and get a proper experience if I just call it a day on the first or should I throw in the towel and start from scratch sometime by which time Witcher 2 will be free with the pre-order of "Witcher 3: I Told You It's Geralt, Not Gerald!"?[/QUOTE] I played the demo of the first game a year or so ago and I couldn't get over how bad the combat was. I bought Witcher 2 a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it. The story and combat are just amazing. Not playing TW1 is not hurting my experience in any way.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I played the demo of the first game a year or so ago and I couldn't get over how bad the combat was. I bought Witcher 2 a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it. The story and combat are just amazing. Not playing TW1 is not hurting my experience in any way.[/QUOTE]

I second this. I never played The Witcher but I picked up The Witcher 2 last week and jumped right into the story doesn't feel like I am missing much at all. I think the game was created to stand on it's own without having to play the first one. You can import your guy from the first one into the witcher 2 if you have the save file though.

I have one of those 40% off Witcher 2 coupons on Steam so I've been holding out to see if they put it on sale before it expires in a couple of weeks but $15 for it... hmmmmmmmmm....

[quote name='kiwimonster']I second this. I never played The Witcher but I picked up The Witcher 2 last week and jumped right into the story doesn't feel like I am missing much at all. I think the game was created to stand on it's own without having to play the first one. You can import your guy from the first one into the witcher 2 if you have the save file though.[/QUOTE]
TW1 really doesn't have much to do w/ the sequel TW2.

All of TW1 was pretty much wrapped-up, for the most part.
On the other hand, TW2...

[quote name='IceColb']Damn! if only Steam did a sale for Witcher2 as this :(
I don't like free-DRM games, don't know why o.o, maybe because of the addons that Steam gives you.[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm concerned, DRM-FREE games is as good as it gets.
You get the game and you don't have to worry about online activations, install limits, DRM doing weird things to your system, and any common other modern day annoyances.

Steam's a great service and all, even if it has DRM. Their DRM is mild, compared to most silly and other recent modern-day DRM schemes.

Plus, you can always hop on Steam and add most NON-STEAM games as a NON-STEAM game a few of the Steam benefits [screen-shot taking and see your Steam friends list].

[quote name='MysterD']As far as I'm concerned, DRM-FREE games is as good as it gets.
You get the game and you don't have to worry about online activations, install limits, DRM doing weird things to your system, and any common other modern day annoyances.

Steam's a great service and all, even if it has DRM. Their DRM is mild, compared to most silly and other recent modern-day DRM schemes.

Plus, you can always hop on Steam and add most NON-STEAM games as a NON-STEAM game a few of the Steam benefits [screen-shot taking and see your Steam friends list].[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right! That's why I'm always looking for games like these to go on sales in Steam. I just bought Skyrim and it's a great experience now with the Workshop and all.

And that is why I avoid recent EA games, because of damn Origin.

[quote name='IceColb']You are absolutely right! That's why I'm always looking for games like these to go on sales in Steam. I just bought Skyrim and it's a great experience now with the Workshop and all.

And that is why I avoid recent EA games, because of damn Origin.[/QUOTE]

Skyrim's just a flat-out amazing game.

Origin acts a lot like Steam these days, actually.
Especially w/ some games requiring Origin - i.e. KOA: Reckoning [Non-Steam versions]; BF3; and the upcoming ME3.
I'd rather Origin didn't force itself on you to play some of their games - it's one of the things I liked about Origin before BF3.

Thing is - Origin doesn't have some of the features that Steam has. Origin doesn't have built-in screenshot taking, for example.

Actually, one thing I like about Origin over Steam is you can just copy your game folder as it is [in most instances], if you need it for backing-up elsewhere - since the installer folder is within your game-folder. You can normallu just copy the folder and run the installer folder's file, if you need to reinstall most Origin-based games.

I'd take DRM-FREE versions of games over others versions of games say requiring Origin and Steam.
I'd rather usage of Origin and Steam on games be an additional option for games, not a forced requirement to run certain game.

[quote name='MysterD']Skyrim's just a flat-out amazing game.

Origin acts a lot like Steam these days, actually.
Especially w/ some games requiring Origin - i.e. KOA: Reckoning [Non-Steam versions]; BF3; and the upcoming ME3.
I'd rather Origin didn't force itself on you to play some of their games - it's one of the things I liked about Origin before BF3.

Thing is - Origin doesn't have some of the features that Steam has. Origin doesn't have built-in screenshot taking, for example.

Actually, one thing I like about Origin over Steam is you can just copy your game folder as it is [in most instances], if you need it for backing-up elsewhere - since the installer folder is within your game-folder. You can normallu just copy the folder and run the installer folder's file, if you need to reinstall most Origin-based games.

I'd take DRM-FREE versions of games over others versions of games say requiring Origin and Steam.
I'd rather usage of Origin and Steam on games be an additional option for games, not a forced requirement to run certain game.[/QUOTE]

I see, well I guess it depends on the situation of each gamer. The only gaming platform for me is my PC, my laptop can't even run TES4:Oblivion properly.
And my PC will always-always have an internet connection, and that means no problems whatsoever with Steam and digital services. I might take a chance with Origin if they develop it further and stop making me pay Euros instead of Dollars because I'm from an hispanic american country.

Ahh which brings me back to how I'm trying to get more and more portable experiences the older I become, since I'm on a full time work now. Tried a PSP, sold it. Tried a DS, sold it. Gaming laptops are too heavy and they overheat constantly, don't have a smartphone yet. Ohhhhh gaming life is tedious!

:)

Anyone know if you buy Mass Effect 2 you will get a cerberus key that can be used on the 360 version? I bought a used copy of ME2 and I regret it cause the key in the box had been used, and I didn't realize you could get some extra content from that. But $5 is way better than spending ~1200 Microsoft points on a key.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Anyone know if you buy Mass Effect 2 you will get a cerberus key that can be used on the 360 version? I bought a used copy of ME2 and I regret it cause the key in the box had been used, and I didn't realize you could get some extra content from that. But $5 is way better than spending ~1200 Microsoft points on a key.[/QUOTE]

Yes, indeed it does!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']How long is The Witcher 2 on sale for? I got some trade in credit comin![/QUOTE]

[quote name='jsunjones']1 week[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Awesome. Thanks duder![/QUOTE]

FYI The Witcher 2 will actually be on sale from tomorrow until 2/29, so it can also be part of our "Farewell to February" promotion...which will include some of the other sales I've hinted at :).

Is anyone here interested in NBA2K12 and MLB 2K12 for the PC?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
[/QUOTE]
Yes - though, that all depends on the price, of course. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI The Witcher 2 will actually be on sale from tomorrow until 2/29, so it can also be part of our "Farewell to February" promotion...which will include some of the other sales I've hinted at :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony,

I'd be interested in NBA 2K12 depending on how good the deal is. I'm already going to get The Witcher 2 tomorrow, got Borderlands, waiting to see that Darkness II deal (among others).

If NBA's deal is a slam dunk (sorry, had to do it ;)), then I might pull the trigger.

[quote name='MysterD']Yes - though, that all depends on the price, of course. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gluteus']Hey Tony,

I'd be interested in NBA 2K12 depending on how good the deal is. I'm already going to get The Witcher 2 tomorrow, got Borderlands, waiting to see that Darkness II deal (among others).

If NBA's deal is a slam dunk (sorry, had to do it ;)), then I might pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

So this is one I can give you details on because I have it locked down and ready to roll. We'll be doing NBA 2K12 at $9.99 and giving everyone who purchases $5 towards the preorder for MLB 2K12 (already discounted to $27). So you'll be able to get both games for $32. We thought $16 each for 2 of the best sports games this year is a pretty sweet deal.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']So this is one I can give you details on because I have it locked down and ready to roll. We'll be doing NBA 2K12 at $9.99 and giving everyone who purchases $5 towards the preorder for MLB 2K12 (already discounted to $27). So you'll be able to get both games for $32. We thought $16 each for 2 of the best sports games this year is a pretty sweet deal.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I'm usually not super-duper big on "Buy X game now, get $5 coupon off for Y game later if you decide to buy it..."
I'd rather just have an extra $5 off on NBA 2K12.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm usually not super-duper big on "Buy X game now, get $5 coupon off for Y game later if you decide to buy it..."
I'd rather just have an extra $5 off on NBA 2K12.[/QUOTE]

:(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']:([/QUOTE]

The reason "Buy X game now, get $5 coupon off for 2011 Best Sellers List" actually worked for that was b/c that 2011 Best Sellers List was huge right off the bat and you guys sometimes added more games to the list - and the promo was ALL of January 2012, so you knew you had a good shot at using your coupon since it lasted a long time.

For this w/ "Buy NBA 2K12 now, get $5 off MLB 2K12 deal", you only got the $5 coupon off for MLB 2K12...that's if you even decide to buy MLB 2K12.
If the $5 off coupon was towards a list of 2K Sports titles, it might be a little more interesting.

That's one way to look at it - but given that MLB 2K12 is 29.99 MSRP - it's like getting NBA 2K12 for only 2 bucks more. If amazon doesn't happen to charge taxes in your state, you practically get it free given the savings on tax.

Plus, being the combo pack for consoles is going to be 69.99 makes this a sweet deal for those looking to buy both games or even MLB on its own.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Yes, indeed it does![/QUOTE]
$5 and a 5 minute chat with an EA support person on why the code isn't working was totally worth it, got access! :) Thanks!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That's one way to look at it - but given that MLB 2K12 is 29.99 MSRP - it's like getting NBA 2K12 for only 2 bucks more. If amazon doesn't happen to charge taxes in your state, you practically get it free given the savings on tax.[/quote]
I often do NOT buy games upon release nor pay full price. Often, that's b/c many PC game's prices crash so fast, anyways.
Only games I often really might pre-order or get close to MSRP are RPG's.

Plus, being the combo pack for consoles is going to be 69.99 makes this a sweet deal for those looking to buy both games or even MLB on its own.
Difference is - well, I'm sure there'll be more console gamers playing this than PC gamers; especially true on the MP side of things. It's really unfortunate, though.
I'm sure that's one of a few reasons why these sports game's PC versions are often much cheaper than the console version.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Absolutely on MLB 2k12. However, as others have said, it depends on price really. I have MLB 2k10 and did not buy 2k11 because there was never a worthwhile sale on it really. If you can get it to a nice price, I'd definitely be a buyer.

You know what's funny?
I bought a whole MLB 2K Sports Pack on Steam for like REAL dirt cheap, a bit ago.
I got MLB 2K9; MLB 2K10; and MLB Front Office on Steam...and I never touched them.
Probably should try 'em - to see what I think of the series, some time.
Also probably why I'm not in such a rush for MLB 2K12 - since I still ain't even tried the other two MLB games I already have.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I played the demo of the first game a year or so ago and I couldn't get over how bad the combat was. I bought Witcher 2 a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it. The story and combat are just amazing. Not playing TW1 is not hurting my experience in any way.[/QUOTE]

I am glad someone else thought the combat system on Witcher 1 was absolutely horrendous. So, they improved it for the 2nd one? I have totally avoided #2 to this point because the combat system on #1 gave me nightmares it was so bad.

[quote name='MysterD']You know what's funny?
I bought a whole MLB 2K Sports Pack on Steam for like REAL dirt cheap, a bit ago.
I got MLB 2K9 and 2K10 on Steam...and I never touched them.
Probably should try 'em - to see what I think of the series, some time.
Also probably why I'm not in such a rush for MLB 2K12 - since I still ain't even tried the other two I already have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got that same pack. It was MLB 2k9, MLB Manager & MLB 2k10 for $3. I don't need MLB 2k12 to be that low before I'd snag it but I doubt I'd be a buyer for more than $10. Since it is a new game, I doubt I see that price for awhile and that is fine. On my MLB 2k10 franchise, Albert is still a Cardinal. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']So this is one I can give you details on because I have it locked down and ready to roll. We'll be doing NBA 2K12 at $9.99 and giving everyone who purchases $5 towards the preorder for MLB 2K12 (already discounted to $27). So you'll be able to get both games for $32. We thought $16 each for 2 of the best sports games this year is a pretty sweet deal.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

At 9.99, I'm pretty sure that I'll get it. I think I saw $10 deal for NBA back in Nov/Dec where it was $10, so I was hoping for something around the Borderlands price, but at 10 it's still a really good deal.

For whoever is interested in baseball, I'm sure it's a good deal, I just hate baseball (haha), so it's not for me.

Any other deals you can hint at, Tony? The Darkness II or any others from the upcoming sale? ;)

[quote name='Gluteus']
Any other deals you can hint at, Tony? The Darkness II or any others from the upcoming sale? ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting to hear what price Payday: The Heist will be set at. :p
Please be $7.49 or less. :p

[quote name='Gluteus']At 9.99, I'm pretty sure that I'll get it. I think I saw $10 deal for NBA back in Nov/Dec where it was $10, so I was hoping for something around the Borderlands price, but at 10 it's still a really good deal.

For whoever is interested in baseball, I'm sure it's a good deal, I just hate baseball (haha), so it's not for me.

Any other deals you can hint at, Tony? The Darkness II or any others from the upcoming sale? ;)[/QUOTE]

Make sure to pass your promo code along to a baseball-loving friend if you snag NBA 2K12 :).

As for the other deals, I like to get all of them lined up and then announce in bulk, but as I've said before, we'll have some killer prices on Payday and The Darkness II. We've got like 40 games on sale, I'll have the other headliners up (with prices and duration) up this week :).

[quote name='MysterD']I'm waiting to hear what price Payday: The Heist will be set at. :p
Please be $7.49 or less. :p[/QUOTE]

You won't be sad.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry if this has been asked but I looked and didn't see an answer. Does The Witcher 2 activate on Steam? Thanks in advance.

You won't be sad.
[/QUOTE]
Woohooo!!! :)
REALLY looking forward to Payday sale! :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']]As for the other deals, I like to get all of them lined up and then announce in bulk, but as I've said before, we'll have some killer prices on Payday and The Darkness II. We've got like 40 games on sale, I'll have the other headliners up (with prices and duration) up this week[/quote]
40 games???!?! Holy smokes!
MAJOR-MAJOR sale!
Hopefully, I don't own most of them already. :p

[quote name='Snowmaru']Sorry if this has been asked but I looked and didn't see an answer. Does The Witcher 2 activate on Steam? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Nope.
TW2 is not on the Steam activation list.
Though, Non-Steam versions of TW2 are DRM-FREE.
If you want some partial Steam-features, you could add that Non-Steam version through Steam as a Non-Steam game.
You'll basically be able to have Steam Friends List and screen-shot taking features - and that's it.

If you want full-fledged Steam support for this game [Steam achievements, back-up utility, automatic patching, Friends List, Time-played tracking, etc etc], you'll have to buy the Steam version through Steam.

on The Witcher 2

re: Steam activation

It was on Valve's list at one point because the Russian version published by 1C, and only that version for that area (Steam checks IP location), has Steamworks built in. Valve's list didn't specify this and just said 'The Witcher 2 keys in the format ABC-XYZ-123' and it caused a lot of confusion which is probably why they removed it .

re: TW2 Combat vs TW1

The Witcher 2's combat is much more action oriented and fairly standard to what a modern console game player would expect for the most part. It's very different from that of the first game and I think those who took issue with the combat in the first game will appreciate it here. That said, I don't think TW1's combat is bad per say, just different and it does take some getting used to. The first game is more of an RPG while this one is more an action/RPG hybrid.

re: Enhanced Edition

Since no one else mentioned it, I'll throw it out there. The Witcher 2 is getting a free update coming on April 17th to the Enhanced Edition. This coincides with the release of the XBox 360 version. The developer has said that any additional content that gets added for the 360 version the PC one will get for free and that's what they are doing.

I don't know too much about the specifics of the update, but from what I understand it entails adding some additional content toward the end of the game which some people had felt was rather abrupt. In any case, there's a free update coming in a couple of months with additional content so be on the lookout for that if you buy the game somewhere other than Steam that doesn't automatically update.

re: Steam sale

That brings me to my last point, although I have no official confirmation on this so take it with a grain of salt, Steam generally puts high profile games on sale when there is a big update released. I think it's highly likely The Witcher 2 will go on sale on April 17th, midweek madness probably, which means it's unlikely to go on sale before that. For those hoping to stack a coupon with a sale I think it is doubtful that will be able to happen since I don't believe the game will go on sale prior to the coupon expiring.

This seems to be the cheapest you will get The Witcher 2 for at least the next couple of months and probably after that. Steam has never had it this low and I think that $19.99 (50% off) is more likely for their next (probably April) sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe my question was missed so I'll ask again
Will I be able to gift The Witcher 2 if I buy it from my Amazon account ?

And Tony, I really hope the 40 games would include Shift 2 Unleashed and Dead Island :lol:

As for Payday, this game even for $10 is totally worth it :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back