Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mugatu']This is great, I have been wanting the Witcher 2 for a while now and now have no excuses. Thanks![/QUOTE]
my thoughts exactly.

[quote name='Motoki']on The Witcher 2

re: Steam activation

It was on Valve's list at one point because the Russian version published by 1C, and only that version for that area (Steam checks IP location), has Steamworks built in. Valve's list didn't specify this and just said 'The Witcher 2 keys in the format ABC-XYZ-123' and it caused a lot of confusion which is probably why they removed it .

re: TW2 Combat vs TW1

The Witcher 2's combat is much more action oriented and fairly standard to what a modern console game player would expect for the most part. It's very different from that of the first game and I think those who took issue with the combat in the first game will appreciate it here. That said, I don't think TW1's combat is bad per say, just different and it does take some getting used to. The first game is more of an RPG while this one is more an action/RPG hybrid.

re: Enhanced Edition

Since no one else mentioned it, I'll throw it out there. The Witcher 2 is getting a free update coming on April 17th to the Enhanced Edition. This coincides with the release of the XBox 360 version. The developer has said that any additional content that gets added for the 360 version the PC one will get for free and that's what they are doing.

I don't know too much about the specifics of the update, but from what I understand it entails adding some additional content toward the end of the game which some people had felt was rather abrupt. In any case, there's a free update coming in a couple of months with additional content so be on the lookout for that if you buy the game somewhere other than Steam that doesn't automatically update.

re: Steam sale

That brings me to my last point, although I have no official confirmation on this so take it with a grain of salt, Steam generally puts high profile games on sale when there is a big update released. I think it's highly likely The Witcher 2 will go on sale on April 17th, midweek madness probably, which means it's unlikely to go on sale before that. For those hoping to stack a coupon with a sale I think it is doubtful that will be able to happen since I don't believe the game will go on sale prior to the coupon expiring.

This seems to be the cheapest you will get The Witcher 2 for at least the next couple of months and probably after that. Steam has never had it this low and I think that $19.99 (50% off) is more likely for their next (probably April) sale.[/QUOTE]

This info is awesome, thanks man!

[quote name='r9800pro']Maybe my question was missed so I'll ask again
Will I be able to gift The Witcher 2 if I buy it from my Amazon account ?

And Tony, I really hope the 40 games would include Shift 2 Unleashed and Dead Island :lol:

As for Payday, this game even for $10 is totally worth it :applause:[/QUOTE]

We don't currently have gifting functionality in place. It sounds like some people on this forum have found workarounds but I can't speak to their efficacy because they are just that, workarounds...sorry :(.

Right now Dead Island and Shift 2 aren't on the slate for inclusion in Farewell to Feb, I KNOW that Dead Island is a definite no go but I'll re-check on Shift 2.

Also, Payday will be significantly less than $10...woot.

[quote name='tjs09']Tony! I was promised "totally bitchin' deals!" Where are they?![/QUOTE]

Really? you don't think these deals are awesome? :(

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony
Any of the other 40 games you can tell us that'll be on sale? :p
Maybe sprinkle a few titles per day that'll be on sale or something before this sale begins. :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Really? you don't think these deals are awesome? :(

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I only read the 1st page, which hasn't been updated yet. I'm used to it being updated when I get here on Sunday. The deals you guys are discussing right now are indeed awesome..

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This info is awesome, thanks man!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh great.... Amazon might as well just take my money now because I'm definitely gonna buy that! Thanks for getting that one on the list, I really have been wanting that game.

FYI i'm going to be on and off today, but I'll be playing League of Legends (username Banedron) if anyone wants to hop in a game.

Fair warning, I range from pretty good to ABSOLUTELY terrible depending on how the first 10 min of the game go. If you are hardcore, I am not the person you want to play with :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI i'm going to be on and off today, but I'll be playing League of Legends (username Banedron) if anyone wants to hop in a game.

Fair warning, I range from pretty good to ABSOLUTELY terrible depending on how the first 10 min of the game go. If you are hardcore, I am not the person you want to play with :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I've been playing MW3's MP, since it has been having a FREE Weekend trial on Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This info is awesome, thanks man!

We don't currently have gifting functionality in place. It sounds like some people on this forum have found workarounds but I can't speak to their efficacy because they are just that, workarounds...sorry :(.

Right now Dead Island and Shift 2 aren't on the slate for inclusion in Farewell to Feb, I KNOW that Dead Island is a definite no go but I'll re-check on Shift 2.

Really? you don't think these deals are awesome? :(

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I hope that somebody who know these "workarounds" could PM me :D

Shift 2 would be great coz I already got Hot Pursuit and The Run and with that XBox 360 Wireless controller for Windows that I got recently (from Amazon btw :D) after so many years with KB+Mouse I am really enjoying racing games

If Payday is $5 I will buy some copies for friends to co-op (already got a Steam gift during Holiday sale). The game is awesome :applause:

[quote name='r9800pro']I hope that somebody who know these "workarounds" could PM me :D

Shift 2 would be great coz I already got Hot Pursuit and The Run and with that XBox 360 Wireless controller for Windows that I got recently (from Amazon btw :D) after so many years with KB+Mouse I am really enjoying racing games

If Payday is $5I will buy some copies for friends to co-op (already got a Steam gift during Holiday sale). The game is awesome :applause:[/QUOTE]

Be my friend? O:)

Speaking of Payday, do you prefer to play it with the controller or Mouse/Keyboard?

sorry if this has already been asked but where do you activate the bring down the sky code on origin? i googled it but the old activation links are defunct. is it like mass effect 1 itself where you have to have a EA rep register for you? thanks!

So what is the DRM for Witcher 2 via Amazon? I thought the DRM was removed with a patch, but there is a review on Amazon, recent, that suggests otherwise.

[quote name='Nesrie']So what is the DRM for Witcher 2 via Amazon? I thought the DRM was removed with a patch, but there is a review on Amazon, recent, that suggests otherwise.[/QUOTE]

2 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - DRM - Internet Connection Req'd to Activate, February 19, 2012
By
B. Rodgers "Gadget Geek" (Officially Undisclosed) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (DVD-ROM)

The review you're looking at (I think) is for the DVD-ROM, or packaged good, version of the game. This means this guy got a physical disc, and his issue seems to be that he doesn't have an active internet connection.

The version we're distributing comes with a key that you need to use after you install the game, but it is used to give you the bonus stuff seen here:

Premium Edition Contents

DIGITAL GAME
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings digital game.

MAKING-OF DIGITAL DVD
All the cinematic materials related to game - trailers, dev diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and making-of exclusive video.

DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK
in-game music.

DIGITAL WORLD MAP
A map of the game's world.

DIGITAL GAME GUIDE
The Witcher 2 strategy guide for both novice and experienced role-playing fans.

DIGITAL GAME MANUAL
A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.

DIGITAL PAMPHLET
A Digital representation of one of the in-game items.

DIGITAL PAPERCRAFTS
Two papercraft dolls - Geralt and one random character for collectors.

From what Atari and CDPROJEKTRED has told me, the need to use the code is patched out after you get your bonus stuff.

Does that make sense? If not let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='wirtsleg']sorry if this has already been asked but where do you activate the bring down the sky code on origin? i googled it but the old activation links are defunct. is it like mass effect 1 itself where you have to have a EA rep register for you? thanks![/QUOTE]

Here..it does not activate in Origin. You have to download the DLC then apply a generic key code.

download this

http://files.bioware.com/masseffect/dlc/MassEffect_BDtS_ES_a.exe

Here is the CD Key for it

3FLL-43UU-JTN8-W8EX-25J3

Before everyone freaks out that is a generic key that EA gives to everyone. It was given to me by an EA rep this morning and is the same key as people were given in this thread
http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/131/index/1335293/20

If it says that all the activations are used up. contact EA support and they will give it more activations.

[quote name='drabelincoln']
here is the cd key for it

3fll-43uu-jtn8-w8ex-25j3

before everyone freaks out that is a generic key that ea gives to everyone.[/url]
[/quote]

buwuwawuawuauw!!!!!

[quote name='MysterD']I'm usually not super-duper big on "Buy X game now, get $5 coupon off for Y game later if you decide to buy it..."
I'd rather just have an extra $5 off on NBA 2K12.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I won'tbe doing that again either. I wasted the last coupon. Prices were too high. 5 bucks off a limited selection of games I only kind of wanted... blah.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']2 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - DRM - Internet Connection Req'd to Activate, February 19, 2012
By
B. Rodgers "Gadget Geek" (Officially Undisclosed) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (DVD-ROM)

Does that make sense? If not let me know.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yep, it does make sense although I thought one of the patches fixed that for all versions of the game, not just digital versions.

[quote name='Nesrie']Yep, it does make sense although I thought one of the patches fixed that for all versions of the game, not just digital versions.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the patch requires installation from the DVD first and then downloading the patch as a second installation. Whereas the download version probably already has the patch implemented within the installation files.

Hence the DVD version doesn't equal the download version.

[quote name='Nesrie']Yeah I won'tbe doing that again either. I wasted the last coupon. Prices were too high. 5 bucks off a limited selection of games I only kind of wanted... blah.[/QUOTE]

Prices were too high? I thought most people really liked the January coupons? People on this thread specifically mentioned multiple times how awesome they thought the idea was...

Sorry you didn't like the promotion though, hopefully some of our recent, current, or upcoming ones will treat you better.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Prices were too high? I thought most people really liked the January coupons? People on this thread specifically mentioned multiple times how awesome they thought the idea was...

Sorry you didn't like the promotion though, hopefully some of our recent, current, or upcoming ones will treat you better.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Even though I am not normally fond of "Buy X game, get $5 off Y game later", I think January's Best Sellers of 2011 Promo worked VERY WELL for numerous reasons. The list was so extensive that you could use the $5 off coupon on; there were games constantly being shifted on and off the list; the prices on a lot of those games were cheap [even w/out the coupon; prices were even better w/ the coupon]; AND you had a WHOLE month or so to find something to burn the coupon(s) on.

As for the "Buy NBA2K12, get $5 off MLB 2K12", that list is extremely LIMITED b/c that $5 off coupon can only goes towards one game. It'd be better if there was a list of games we could use the coupon with - better yet, it'd be better if the coupon went towards a List of 2K Sports Games, to fit the sports theme you seem to have going there.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Prices were too high? I thought most people really liked the January coupons? People on this thread specifically mentioned multiple times how awesome they thought the idea was...

[/QUOTE]

Let me temper his comments by saying while there was pretty much nothing in the January promotion I wanted or used my coupons on the prices were insanely good for what was offered.

[quote name='MysterD']Even though I am not normally fond of "Buy X game, get $5 off Y game later", I think January's Best Sellers of 2011 Promo worked VERY WELL for numerous reasons. The list was so extensive that you could use the $5 off coupon on; there were games constantly being shifted on and off the list; the prices on a lot of those games were cheap [even w/out the coupon; prices were even better w/ the coupon]; AND you had a WHOLE month or so to find something to burn the coupon(s) on.

[/QUOTE]

Well, not that I should have to defend my statement, I will. Most of the games on that list I already had. The ones I thought about, were cheaper elsewhere during the months of november and december and even in january. I didn't find the deal worthwhile at all. I did enjoy the game that gave me a coupon at a good price, but the 5 dollars off some limited list of games that expires in a month... no, I didn't find that worthwhile.

[quote name='Mooby']Let me temper his comments by saying while there was pretty much nothing in the January promotion I wanted or used my coupons on the prices were insanely good for what was offered.[/QUOTE]
W/ coupon...
Civ 4 Complete was $4; Civ 5 [base game] was $4; TW: Shogun 2 was $2.49.
Amazing deals just w/ those alone.
Heck, that was just the tip of the iceberg, during that sale.

EDIT:
I think even Alice: Madness Returns was somewhere around $2-3, if I recall...
I think BF: Bad Company 2 and Vietnam DLC were quite cheap, too.
Wasn't Crysis 2 like $5 at one point, too?

I'm all for Amazon's promotions; to complain about extra discounts, even if you disagree about the implementation is asinine. If you don't care for it, you can always pay full-price at the other Big Guy in the Puget Sound area.

In other news, I'm keeping my eyes peeled open for that Payday: Heist deal.

Keep the deals coming Tony, I'm a big fan! :D

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I'm all for Amazon's promotions; to complain about extra discounts, even if you disagree about the implementation is asinine. If you don't care for it, you can always pay full-price at the other Big Guy in the Puget Sound area.

In other news, I'm keeping my eyes peeled open for that Payday: Heist deal.

Keep the deals coming Tony, I'm a big fan! :D[/QUOTE]
I so been waiting for Payday to hit $7.49 or below. :D

[quote name='Nesrie']Well, not that I should have to defend my statement, I will. Most of the games on that list I already had. The ones I thought about, were cheaper elsewhere during the months of november and december and even in january. I didn't find the deal worthwhile at all. I did enjoy the game that gave me a coupon at a good price, but the 5 dollars off some limited list of games that expires in a month... no, I didn't find that worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah - if you buy tons of games [like I often do], especially Triple-A titles, you can back yourself into a corner, when there's such a promotion that comes around...

Good thing I missed a lot of games that were on the BSO 2011 List, though... :p
I did pretty good on that BSO 2011 sale Amazon had in January 2012.

[quote name='Nesrie']Well, not that I should have to defend my statement, I will. Most of the games on that list I already had. The ones I thought about, were cheaper elsewhere during the months of november and december and even in january. I didn't find the deal worthwhile at all. I did enjoy the game that gave me a coupon at a good price, but the 5 dollars off some limited list of games that expires in a month... no, I didn't find that worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Sorry wasn't trying to make you feel like you needed to defend your statement, I was just surprised.

The reason I asked the question at all is because I'm wondering what I missed. I spent hours researching what deals were in the marketplace before adding games/putting them on promotion to make sure they were the extremely competitive deals in the marketplace before we pushed them live. Again, if you want to shoot me a PM I'd be happy to discuss but I'm curious what games you were interested in on the list that were cheaper elsewhere...i know that no one else was giving away Dead Space, GTA IV, and Assassin's Creed for free...or Alice for $2.49, Crysis for $4.99 etc...those were all prices after coupon.

As always thanks for the feedback, if we run promos that don't sit well I definitely want to know about them so we don't repeat them and waste everyone's time.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']I so been waiting for Payday to hit $7.49 or below. :D[/QUOTE]

You can count on this one being in the "or below" category...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You can count on this one being in the "or below" category...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Below $7.49?
$5 maybe? :p
Sorry, I'm probably having too much fun guessing here. ;)

You had me at $7.49....below that is just icing on the cake. :D

When do all these 40 games deals go Live?

[quote name='tjs09']Be my friend? O:)

Speaking of Payday, do you prefer to play it with the controller or Mouse/Keyboard?[/QUOTE]

Maybe :lol:

Shooters are better played with KB+Mouse for accuracy

Maybe there are some pros out there that can playe them with controllers but I can't

When the coupons were up there were very few games that I wanted but that didn't mean it was a waste. What I (and maybe others) did was to get other copies for friends and/or trade later and I for one traded extra DNF key for AC: Brotherhood and MOH for Dirt 2 during Steam's sale

Both DNF and MOH were FREE from Amazon promo ;)

I also bought an extra key of Crysis 2 for $5 and am sure I can make a good use of it

[quote name='MysterD']Thought I'd point this out, for those who missed this awesome game and maybe would like Amazon to match this w/ their awesome hamsters, if Tony and Amazon are up to it...
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition PC download [Steam-required game] is $20 on GameStop PC App (Impulse) for today ONLY on their Deal of the Day for today.

EDIT:
@Tony
Hey, Tony.
Any chance of seeing Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC on that upcoming 40 games sale list? :p[/QUOTE]

Hamsters are running.

[quote name='MysterD']Below $7.49?
$5 maybe? :p
Sorry, I'm probably having too much fun guessing here. ;)

You had me at $7.49....below that is just icing on the cake. :D

When do all these 40 games deals go Live?[/QUOTE]

The day the deals go live is currently in flux, I'll let you know as soon as we have it locked down. As for Payday, $4.99 is the price we landed on :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters are running.[/quote]
I already own Deus Ex: HR and all [Regular Edition], but I thought that was a killer deal for Augmented Ed and thought I'd point it out, for those who missed-out on the game.
Still hoping to see a deal on Missing Link DLC sometime soon.

As for Payday, $4.99 is the price we landed on :).
SOLD!!! :D
I'll have to keep my eyes on the sale to see when it swings to $5.

You know, I usually hate when people ask 'Does it activate on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaam?!?!' but guess I'll be that guy today: I thought for sure Payday was a Steamworks game but I'm not seeing it on the key list.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
The day the deals go live is currently in flux, I'll let you know as soon as we have it locked down. As for Payday, $4.99 is the price we landed on :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, what an amazing price! You can expect 3 purchases from me. :)

It is pretty amazing how far Amazon has come in the digital gaming market is such a short time. For four years I only bought games from Steam or Direct2Drive. Mostly steam. Had someone told me last year that most of my gaming dollars would be going to Amazon for the last part of 2011 and all of 2012 (so far), I'd have said they were crazy. But really, I haven't purchased a game from Steam since their summer sale last year and I've bought at least 20 games from Amazon. I bought 6 copies of Dungeon Defenders to pass out t friends and snagged the Crysis deal, Dragon Age pack, Homefront etc...

I hope you guys are making good money on these deals you are handing out. You deserve it. You have pretty much gained a monopoly when it comes to my gaming budget. :)

[quote name='Mooby']You know, I usually hate when people ask 'Does it activate on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaam?!?!' but guess I'll be that guy today: I thought for sure Payday was a Steamworks game but I'm not seeing it on the key list.[/QUOTE]

On the product page for Payday:

Additional Information
Requires Steam account for game installation and activation.

[quote name='MysterD']I already own Deus Ex: HR and all [Regular Edition], but I thought that was a killer deal for Augmented Ed and thought I'd point it out, for those who missed-out on the game.
Still hoping to see a deal on Missing Link DLC sometime soon.

SOLD!!! :D
I'll have to keep my eyes on the sale to see when it swings to $5.[/QUOTE]

The sale will last between 5-7 days so you'll have plenty of time to snag it, and I'm still going to leak the deal list here early, we're just planning something to run in tandem with the sale that I'm currently figuring out the functionality for.

[quote name='Mooby']You know, I usually hate when people ask 'Does it activate on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaam?!?!' but guess I'll be that guy today: I thought for sure Payday was a Steamworks game but I'm not seeing it on the key list.[/QUOTE]

Our version of Payday is definitely Steam activateable. It is at the bottom of the page, and yes, I agree that this should should be more prominent on the page. Changing design elements on Amazon pages is a Herculean task that I'm currently trudging through :).

Cheers,
Tony

Aha... I probably should have looked at the Amazon page first! :drool: But hey, I provided a valuable service and spared someone else from asking the question!

[quote name='avwjase']Wow, what an amazing price! You can expect 3 purchases from me. :)

It is pretty amazing how far Amazon has come in the digital gaming market is such a short time. For four years I only bought games from Steam or Direct2Drive. Mostly steam. Had someone told me last year that most of my gaming dollars would be going to Amazon for the last part of 2011 and all of 2012 (so far), I'd have said they were crazy. But really, I haven't purchased a game from Steam since their summer sale last year and I've bought at least 20 games from Amazon. I bought 6 copies of Dungeon Defenders to pass out t friends and snagged the Crysis deal, Dragon Age pack, Homefront etc...

I hope you guys are making good money on these deals you are handing out. You deserve it. You have pretty much gained a monopoly when it comes to my gaming budget. :)[/QUOTE]

Glad you're digging the deals :) we're loving how well you all are responding to them. Our promotions like this are definitely a volume game though, so the more friends you tell and the more successful the promotion is, the more likely we'll run a similar one again. It is super easy for me to walk into a meeting and say "hey guys, we should do this, because when we did something similar before we sold a ton of copies and look what people said all over the internet".

I'm not kidding when I say that I pull up the following threads (or relevant threads in the case of Slickdeals) in almost every weekly meeting when we talk about why our promotions are successful and why it makes sense for me to spend so much time building the community here (outside of the fact that you all are awesome to interact with):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456563 - Created and managed by Nelo Ice - Thanks man :)

http://slickdeals.net/f/3966754-Ama...-The-Witcher-2-Digital-Premium-Edition-14-99? - Created by Xanchui - Big thanks to you as well :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/pwcm2/amazon_witcher_2_digital_premium_edition_for_1499/ - No idea if this is a CAG but if it is, you're awesome.

TLDR: You guys are awesome and I/We definitely appreciate your feedback, comments, and patronage as we grow this business.

Cheers,
Tony

Has Amazon thought about 4 pack prices like Steam has for some of its games? Usually multiplayer/co-op. With the amazing deals you're having, they come out cheaper than 4 pack, but for non-deal days, it would be a great incentive I think.

[quote name='BinaryTB']Has Amazon thought about 4 pack prices like Steam has for some of its games? Usually multiplayer/co-op. With the amazing deals you're having, they come out cheaper than 4 pack, but for non-deal days, it would be a great incentive I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we've talked about it for sure, and it is one of those things we've added to our development roadmap. I don't have clear visibility into when we'll be rolling it out though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='UW_Shocks']A few of us started/update this thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/637396-amazon-pc-download-deals.html
I think it may have sent a few buyers your way. Just spreading the good news....

[Oh and check out my new signature :D :D][/QUOTE]

Man, that is awesome. You just got added to the weekly update :). If anyone else has any threads like this that they post/manage please send them my way if you get the time. It doesn't matter how big they are, how many posts/views they have, it is great to be able to see the impact of a healthy community.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

Any hints whether Alan Wake will be part of a deal when it's first available on Amazon?

I know you guys are working hard on the upcoming sale, and that you're working on getting Alan Wake up, I guess the question is - will the stars align right away, or are we looking a couple weeks at least before a sale? :D

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back