Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, probably a stupid question, but how do I get The Witcher 2 to run? I downloaded and installed, yet when I click on the Launcher icon, it doesn't work. I've also tried running it as administrator, but it still won't open. Any suggestions?

[quote name='gepet0']how long does a game like witcher 2 take to download[/QUOTE]
The Witcher 2 game folder is around 19 GB.
Ever DL a game of that size?
If so - that should help give you an idea.

How kind of Internet connection do you have?
How many KB to MB you do per sec?

I pull anywhere from 2-4 MB per sec., normally.
A game like DAO Ultimate is 28 GB and took me a little over 3 hours.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']download this

http://files.bioware.com/masseffect/..._BDtS_ES_a.exe

Here is the CD Key for it

3FLL-43UU-JTN8-W8EX-25J3

That key is the same key EA will give to you if you contact them. If it says that all the activations are used chat with EA rep and they will fix it[/QUOTE]

That worked for me when I installed it today. Remember to turn off your firewall before installing though, when I had mine on it failed the key verification.

[quote name='tjs09']What if I bought it through Steam? Is there still a way to get the DLC?[/QUOTE]

It works exactly the same for the Steam version. I know because I only have the Steam version installed.

[quote name='MysterD']The Witcher 2 game folder is around 19 GB.
Ever DL a game of that size?
If so - that should help give you an idea.

How kind of Internet connection do you have?
How many KB to MB you do per sec?

I pull anywhere from 2-4 MB per sec., normally.
A game like DAO Ultimate is 28 GB and took me a little over 3 hours.[/QUOTE]

I have pretty fast internet as well but i found the amazon downloader to be quite slow. At one point i was getting below 1mb/s so i googled this problem and it appears many people were experiencing slow download speeds and even occasional freezing. Over time though i noticed the speed gradually rising and with having to pause and resume the actual download numerous times, it took me around 5-6 hours including patches. Not too bad but DL speeds were pretty low.

[quote name='Gluteus']Hey guys, probably a stupid question, but how do I get The Witcher 2 to run? I downloaded and installed, yet when I click on the Launcher icon, it doesn't work. I've also tried running it as administrator, but it still won't open. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Hey Gluteus, sorry for the delayed response here, just saw this. Did you get your game working? If not, did you contact support?

Shoot me a PM if you can't get things resolved so I can try to run down a solution internally for you.

Sorry for the frustration :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey Gluteus, sorry for the delayed response here, just saw this. Did you get your game working? If not, did you contact support?

Shoot me a PM if you can't get things resolved so I can try to run down a solution internally for you.

Sorry for the frustration :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Alright I am in. I went and built me a nice pc. Off to test the witcher 2.

[quote name='gepet0']Alright I am in. I went and built me a nice pc. Off to test the witcher 2.[/QUOTE]

Put everything on MAX and then watch yourself cry in disappointment ;)
That ubersampling is a tough bugger

[quote name='DirkBelig']Thus is the beauty of free market competition. When one outfit gets fat and lazy because they're #1, they're ripe for a lithe, hungry competitor to bum rush them with better deals and service. Steam is coasting on its lead and blind allegiance of fanboys who squeak, "No Steam? NO SALE!", and it's showing in their weak sales and that pooch screw of a coal-mining holiday event. It smacked of arrogance as they basically showed they figured their customers had no place else to go.

Just look at the difference between how Steam and Amazon handle CAG: Amazon has camped a dedicated customer rep to interface with the members while Steam has no presence at all. Have a question or problem with A'zon, T-Money is on the case. Problem with Steam? Send a letter to Santa and perhaps they'll get back to you, if not actually fix it. Couldn't they have the poor schmuck in charge of making Gabe Newell's foot-long sub sandwiches six times a day hop on the boards to see what the customers are talking about?

Did I actually see someone complaining about the prices and selection of the January sale? Jeez, I bought Deus Ex: Human Resources for $10 and used my $5 coupon to get Bulletstorm for $2! Picked up Crysis 2 for $10 as well. Three recent games for $22? The other non-coupon prices were all sub-$10, a fraction of what Steam was charging and that's not good enough? Heck, I would've bought more if I didn't already have them (e.g. MoH, BFBC2) or wasn't interested (e.g. Dragons Age). The only reason I'm not hopping on this $15 Witcher 2 deal is that I'm sooooooooooo backlogged that it'd be pointless to buy it, especially with Mass Effect 3 coming in two weeks.

So, congrats to T-Money (certain CAG Award winner) and Amazon for bringing the CHEAP to Cheap Ass Gamers. At this rate, Steam had better hope there's a Blind Ass Loyalty Gamers site.[/QUOTE]

Is there any more room on that bandwagon?

recently discover this awesome thread. And really think i should start buying games on amazon.
I would like to ask tony, is there any chance I might able to get the Dragon Age Pack (with that awesome price) again? :D

[quote name='joshuatly']recently discover this awesome thread. And really think i should start buying games on amazon.
I would like to ask the amazon rep, is there any chance I might able to get the Dragon Age Pack (with that awesome price) again? :D[/QUOTE]
I have spare keys for dragon age origins ultimate if you want to work something out.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Put everything on MAX and then watch yourself cry in disappointment ;)
That ubersampling is a tough bugger[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely don't use ubersampling. Even the developers have said it's not really meant for any current computer right now. It's more future proofing/proof of concept at this point.

The rest of the settings should work fine though if you have a decent enough system to support it. Also, I feel like even with some of the settings turned down they did a good job of making sure the game still looks fairly decent.

so happy i was able to pick up a couple cheap pc games especially since i just got my new rig last night!! thank you amazon!! more please!!

[quote name='Gluteus']Just out of curiosity, has anyone else who bought The Witcher 2 gotten it to work?[/QUOTE]

I know you probably tried all these but its worth going through the usual suspects.

1. Update the game to the latest version.
2. Update Video Card/Sound Card/Other accessories drivers
3. Reboot
4. Disable things like headsets or other devices that may interfere.
5. Switch windows audio to 2.0

When you launch the game do you see the process running in the background?

[quote name='Gluteus']Just out of curiosity, has anyone else who bought The Witcher 2 gotten it to work?[/QUOTE]

I've had it working since day 1 of the release last May, digital download from GOG. I seem to recall there was some issue with the launcher not updating properly very early on. I'm not sure which version Amazon has posted right now honestly. I would see if there are any patches you need to apply and if that doesn't work maybe try launching straight from the game executable.

If you are still having issues then you might want to try searching and/or asking at the Witcher 2 forums at either thewitcher.com or gog.com.

[quote name='pROvIs']I know you probably tried all these but its worth going through the usual suspects.

3. Reboot

When you launch the game do you see the process running in the background?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']I've had it working since day 1 of the release last May, digital download from GOG. I seem to recall there was some issue with the launcher not updating properly very early on. I'm not sure which version Amazon has posted right now honestly. I would see if there are any patches you need to apply and if that doesn't work maybe try launching straight from the game executable.

If you are still having issues then you might want to try searching and/or asking at the Witcher 2 forums at either thewitcher.com or gog.com.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried disabling my headset, as I don't think that'll be the issue, but I'll try. I have tried updating the game to the latest version, however, the game doesn't finish installing. It gets to the end where it says, "finishing installation" and then nothing happens. I get a critical error in my task manager (which is the only way to close the patching). That's what happens when I try patch 2.0, when I try patch 2.1, it tells me I have an invalid or incomplete game (maybe from not having any other patches applied).

The major problem is that when I click on the launcher, it doesn't show up in the task manager or my task bar. It seems to be unresponsive, as I click and literally nothing happens.

In regards to the GOG suggestion, I've read up on all the suggestions, and problems people have had, and none seem to be the exact issue I'm having. Although similar, at least their games seem to attempt to boot, it seems like nothing is happening with mine.

If you guys can think of anything else, I'll try it. I'll post if I find a fix before then.

[quote name='Gluteus']I have tried updating the game to the latest version, however, the game doesn't finish installing. It gets to the end where it says, "finishing installation" and then nothing happens. I get a critical error in my task manager (which is the only way to close the patching). That's what happens when I try patch 2.0, when I try patch 2.1, it tells me I have an invalid or incomplete game (maybe from not having any other patches applied).
[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're not able to get the game patched properly. I'm going to assume the version Amazon has up is 1.0 because it seems like in my experience pretty much every non-Steam digital download store just puts up the release version of the game and never bothers to update it. If there's a way you can check some of the files though and figure out which version you currently have that might help.

The patching system for this game can be a bit confusing. In theory the launcher should automatically take care of that without having to worry about it but it seems like that is not happening for you.

See here for some info:

http://en.thewitcher.com/patch2/

- The game launcher will automatically update any new installation of the game to version 2.0. This is also true for installations previously patched to version 1.35.

- Installations previously patched to version 1.1 must be updated manually to include patches 1.2 and 1.3, after which the game launcher will automatically update the game to versions 1.35 and 2.0.

- Installations previously patched to version 1.2 must be updated manually to include patch 1.3, after which the game launcher will automatically update the game to versions 1.35 and 2.0.

- If you encounter any difficulties while the game is updating automatically, please go to our technical support site and manually download the relevant patch(es). To patch your installed game copy, run the downloaded .exe file(s). Make sure to install the patches in the order indicated by patch numbers.

What I'm thinking is maybe manually download the patches and try to patch incrementally. Like try 1.1, if that works, 1.2, 1.3, 1.35, 2.0, then 2.1.

If I may counter the guy the anti-Steam bandwagon a couple of pages back, this sort of hassle and worrying about updating and versions in general is one of the reasons I prefer to have my games on Steam. :p

[quote name='sinned47']im very sad that witcher 2 doesnt redeem on steam :[[/QUOTE]

/facepalm

Witcher 2 is DRM-Free, why add STEAM-DRM to it....

Just wanted to pop over real quick and make sure everyone knew I'm working with Gluteus directly on his issue with The Witcher 2. We've sold through a TON of copies of the game and haven't gotten customer contacts that indicate the issue is affecting a significant number of customers (according to my reporting we have taken fewer than 10 calls/emails on the issue), nor can anyone over here replicate the error.

If anyone else experiences issues please reach out to me either via this thread or PM so we can work towards a resolution with you.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just wanted to pop over real quick and make sure everyone knew I'm working with Gluteus directly on his issue with The Witcher 2. We've sold through a TON of copies of the game and haven't gotten customer contacts that indicate the issue is affecting a significant number of customers (according to my reporting we have taken fewer than 10 calls/emails on the issue), nor can anyone over here replicate the error.

If anyone else experiences issues please reach out to me either via this thread or PM so we can work towards a resolution with you.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just reiterating that Tony is doing EVERYTHING he can to help, and I don't mean to discourage anyone from getting the game. I'm just looking for as much input as I can to get this issue resolved.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']/facepalm

Witcher 2 is DRM-Free, why add STEAM-DRM to it....[/QUOTE]

Because Steam DRM doesn't get in your way, plus it offers auto-patching, no manual download/install or messing around with other patch problems (which a minority of people seem to be having right now).

[quote name='BinaryTB']Because Steam DRM doesn't get in your way, plus it offers auto-patching, no manual download/install or messing around with other patch problems (which a minority of people seem to be having right now).[/QUOTE]

Steam is one of the main reasons I came back to PC gaming. $ The old days were a PITA and manually finding patches/drivers/compatibility issues etc drove me away. $Doing that stuff when I was young was alright, sometimes even fun but I just don't have time as a working adult to mess with things. $ I am a Network Engineer and Consultant, if I am having trouble getting your game to work then something is wrong.

I love the fact Amazon is trying so hard in this arena but I will still be hesitant to get any game on their service which I can't associate to Steam or at the very least Origin. I went through enough of all that crap in the 90s and early 2000s for my lifetime.

As much as I hated Steam when it launched, Steam's DRM is now a value add to me. It's positives far outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

+
Friend list
Universal game list
Game updates automatic
Game time tracking
Built in-game overlay featuring friends-list/browser/etc
Steamcloud saves across computers/platforms

-
Poor offline support
Sometimes Auto Patching borks games but can be disabled in the games menu.
Steamworks servers can be volitile and go down more frequently than desired but usually only a few minutes at a time.

I have no problems with STEAM, but as a personal preference if I can obtain a game for the same price via STEAM or as a DRM-FREE-option; I always go DRM-FREE. [mainly due to 100% offline playability; yes I am aware of "Offline-Mode"; I own over 80 games on STEAM].

I think some put too much emphasis on STEAM availability; going as far as stating they would buy a game via Amazon, "if only it could activate on STEAM". This is silly, and people should instead praise/encourage developers when they try to make an effort to provide DRM-FREE-solutions, by buying DRM-FREE versions when they are available. I applaud Amazon for pursuing DRM-FREE games, as I'm sure many people appreciate this.

As always; if you only consider STEAM-versions, then the STEAM-store is always a good place to start.

Thanks for the games Tony, keep up the good work [waiting on that Payday: Heist Deal, which does activate on STEAM ;) ]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I have no problems with STEAM, but as a personal preference if I can obtain a game for the same price via STEAM or as a DRM-FREE-option; I always go DRM-FREE. [mainly due to 100% offline playability; yes I am aware of "Offline-Mode"; I own over 80 games on STEAM].

I think some put too much emphasis on STEAM availability; going as far as stating they would buy a game via Amazon, "if only it could activate on STEAM". This is silly, and people should instead praise/encourage developers when they try to make an effort to provide DRM-FREE-solutions, by buying DRM-FREE versions when they are available. I applaud Amazon for pursuing DRM-FREE games, as I'm sure many people appreciate this.

As always; if you only consider STEAM-versions, then the STEAM-store is always a good place to start.

Thanks for the games Tony, keep up the good work [waiting on that Payday: Heist Deal, which does activate on STEAM ;) ][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say its silly if people wanted games to activate in Steam. I would prefer it simply so I always knew where it was, ease of download and autopatching. Its almost like PC Gaming for Dummies. They take out the guess work and do everything for you.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I wouldn't say its silly if people wanted games to activate in Steam. I would prefer it simply so I always knew where it was, ease of download and autopatching. Its almost like PC Gaming for Dummies. They take out the guess work and do everything for you.[/QUOTE]

I agree. So far I've only bought my games from Amazon partly because they already have my payment info, their prices have been fantastic and frankly because of Tony and his involvement.

however having activated some of my games in steam (and origin) I must say that there's a bit of satisfaction in the way steam presents your games. Call is 'silly' or chidish but I prefer to get into the mood of playing from the moment I lauch the game. It's like dining in vs. take out; same food, different experience...

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I have no problems with STEAM, but as a personal preference if I can obtain a game for the same price via STEAM or as a DRM-FREE-option; I always go DRM-FREE. [mainly due to 100% offline playability; yes I am aware of "Offline-Mode"; I own over 80 games on STEAM].

Thanks for the games Tony, keep up the good work [waiting on that Payday: Heist Deal, which does activate on STEAM ;) ][/QUOTE]

this :applause:

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I wouldn't say its silly if people wanted games to activate in Steam. I would prefer it simply so I always knew where it was, ease of download and autopatching. Its almost like PC Gaming for Dummies. They take out the guess work and do everything for you.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have over 500 games on Steam. I don't want to be hunting down patches and updates for all of them. It's a headache and given that these games are now coming to us in a digital format there really should be no need for it.

When Amazon comes along with an autopatcher I may rethink it, but for now I either want Steam keys or maybe in very rare exceptions I might be willing to buy a game non-Steam but I can't have it be the norm for me. That's just too much work to mess with. I'd rather just play something on Steam and not have to worry about it.

[quote name='CheapThomas']I agree. So far I've only bought my games from Amazon partly because they already have my payment info, their prices have been fantastic and frankly because of Tony and his involvement.

however having activated some of my games in steam (and origin) I must say that there's a bit of satisfaction in the way steam presents your games. Call is 'silly' or chidish but I prefer to get into the mood of playing from the moment I lauch the game. It's like dining in vs. take out; same food, different experience...[/QUOTE]

Say something happened to your computer, it caught on fire or your cat pissed in it...you have 200+ games like myself(I know thats not even a big number compared to some) and then I have to remember...where did I get all of them from...and what did I even have. Steam and now Origin keeps that all there for me...no guess work...no need to log into 175 different webpages tracking down orders. I guess I could create a spreadsheet of every game I've ever purchased from every website and keep track of it that way...but I'm lazy and Steam is easy. If I couldnt activate a game in Steam or Origin...I wouldn't purchase it. It all about ease of tracking for me.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Say something happened to your computer, it caught on fire or your cat pissed in it...you have 200+ games like myself(I know thats not even a big number compared to some) and then I have to remember...where did I get all of them from...and what did I even have. Steam and now Origin keeps that all there for me...no guess work...no need to log into 175 different webpages tracking down orders. I guess I could create a spreadsheet of every game I've ever purchased from every website and keep track of it that way...but I'm lazy and Steam is easy. If I couldnt activate a game in Steam or Origin...I wouldn't purchase it. It all about ease of tracking for me.[/QUOTE]
Amazon has there own games downloaded library tab juss sayin.
So you can keep track of all ur digital downloaded items on one simple page.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Amazon has there own games downloaded library tab juss sayin.
So you can keep track of all ur digital downloaded items on one simple page.[/QUOTE]

That would be great if I just bought ALL my games from Amazon......but there are countless sites that sell this stuff....keeping track of where I got a game from is what I DONT want to have to deal with. Maybe I got Skyrim from Impulse, maybe I got it from Gamefly, hmmm maybe I got it from GetGamesGo...maybe it was GMG, or GOG....maybe I bought it from the publisher....Hell I bought Space Marine from the Spanish THQ site....it was the cheapest price its been...would I have if it didn't activate on Steam...no, because I would never even be able to get back to that page.

When you build a huge library of games...trying to remember what you have isn't even easy. Trying to remember where it came from is an even bigger issue (for me anyway).

I'm not really loyal to one service over another. I started out with Steam because that seemed to be the place to go at the time. Now I have games on Steam, Desura, Origin, Amazon, and GOG. Each site has it's own record keeping where I know I can always go and DL my games when I want to play them.

Amazon makes the issue of activation limits null so they will likely get my business first when it comes to the same game at the same price over any other service.

I think those that have grown up in the itunes era seem to prefer the copycat model of Steam, but personally I HATE the feeling that I paid for something but it only works with a certain program in a certain way at a certain time, etc. So I actually still like the idea of being able to DL and burn a game, store it, etc. Patching might be annoying, but playing PC games since DOS games it certainly is not the hassle to me that it is to others.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']When you build a huge library of games...trying to remember what you have isn't even easy. Trying to remember where it came from is an even bigger issue (for me anyway).[/QUOTE]
my digital bag is only about 30 games big now, but at least a couple of times I would've bought the same game twice if it wasn't for Amazon's 'you already own this' blurb at the page. :) And i've only been doing this since T-Day (when I discovered Tony and CAG); only a couple of months.

[quote name='CheapThomas']my digital bag is only about 30 games big now, but at least a couple of times I would've bought the same game twice if it wasn't for Amazon's 'you already own this' blurb at the page. :) And i've only been doing this since T-Day (when I discovered Tony and CAG); only a couple of months.[/QUOTE]

HA

that happens to me when I'm plug in keys from Indie Bundles...I totally forgot I had Zeno Clash till I tried to enter the key.

[quote name='Gluteus']I haven't tried disabling my headset, as I don't think that'll be the issue, but I'll try. I have tried updating the game to the latest version, however, the game doesn't finish installing. It gets to the end where it says, "finishing installation" and then nothing happens. I get a critical error in my task manager (which is the only way to close the patching). That's what happens when I try patch 2.0, when I try patch 2.1, it tells me I have an invalid or incomplete game (maybe from not having any other patches applied).

The major problem is that when I click on the launcher, it doesn't show up in the task manager or my task bar. It seems to be unresponsive, as I click and literally nothing happens.

In regards to the GOG suggestion, I've read up on all the suggestions, and problems people have had, and none seem to be the exact issue I'm having. Although similar, at least their games seem to attempt to boot, it seems like nothing is happening with mine.

If you guys can think of anything else, I'll try it. I'll post if I find a fix before then.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this will help.
1.TURN-OFF any Anti-Virus running in background
2.OR Make TW2 on the list of exceptions on your Anti-Virus so your Anti-Virus don't flag it (to prevent it from booting).

EDIT:
[quote name='pROvIs']I know you probably tried all these but its worth going through the usual suspects.

3. Reboot
[/QUOTE]
All good ideas. :D
More thoughts...
Make sure you keep your DirectX up-to-date to its newest version.
UAC turned-off might help, as well.
Make sure TW2 is run as an Adminstrator [this solved the updater issues and made it actually work].

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so excited about the next Amazon sale and hope that Tony would announce the titles sooner than later

I wish some EA titles get some good deals (ones that were not going on for holiday season)

[quote name='r9800pro']I am so excited about the next Amazon sale and hope that Tony would announce the titles sooner than later

I wish some EA titles get some good deals (ones that were not going on for holiday season)[/QUOTE]

hehe yea Ive been checking this thread a few times a day waiting for some news

[quote name='r9800pro']I am so excited about the next Amazon sale and hope that Tony would announce the titles sooner than later

I wish some EA titles get some good deals (ones that were not going on for holiday season)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Larce80']hehe yea Ive been checking this thread a few times a day waiting for some news[/QUOTE]

I'll post a full update tomorrow in the AM :).

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,
I wanted to let you know my experience with Amazon's DD games was good enough I bought some digital music for the first time (and at full price) this weekend too. If you want to let the uppers know....

[quote name='pantsattack']Hey Tony,
I wanted to let you know my experience with Amazon's DD games was good enough I bought some digital music for the first time (and at full price) this weekend too. If you want to let the uppers know....[/QUOTE]

We call that a WIN! What music did you buy?

:).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We call that a WIN! What music did you buy?

:).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wait... Amazon mp3s register on Steam?

:rofl:

On another note, Witcher 2 does seem to have its quirks. Looks like I have to change my dpi settings to register, and when I launch the game all keyboard commands are entered twice for some reason.

[quote name='MysterD']Maybe this will help.
1.TURN-OFF any Anti-Virus running in background
2.OR Make TW2 on the list of exceptions on your Anti-Virus so your Anti-Virus don't flag it (to prevent it from booting).

EDIT:

All good ideas. :D
More thoughts...
Make sure you keep your DirectX up-to-date to its newest version.
UAC turned-off might help, as well.
Make sure TW2 is run as an Adminstrator [this solved the updater issues and made it actually work].[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I really appreciate the help. Tony and I were finally able to get it working today through patching from 0-1.35 and deleting some .dzip files. I have to say, Tony is the man! He goes above and beyond to help. :applause:

[quote name='tjs09']Where are the deals, Tony! I'm on the edge of my seat here, I can't stop jumping up and down in anticipation! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

not the only one! :) really want to load up my rig with as many cheap/good games as i can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back