Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheDevo']The structure of the OP is a little confusing. Is the Darkness 2 going to be on sale for $25 on a specific day between 20-29? (I hope I didn't miss it.)[/QUOTE]

Sorry if it is confusing I'll take a look at it. All of the stuff listed will be on sale starting in roughly 1 hour, through 2/29 at 11:59:59 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

*Edit* I see what the problem was...typo on my part, fixed and thanks for calling that out.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Haha, this exchange made smile. For the record, we've had Metro 2033 at $5 no fewer than 5 times since October!

It likely won't be a part of this sale but I'll keep in in mind for a DoTW inclusion in March :). Can't blow all our sweet deals in one sale, otherwise I'd be selling you Master of Orion as a Deal of the Week in April ;)

My girlfriend's response to this was, "you should tell that guy that 1, you make the best toast and 2, you are busy making it for me every morning".

So there you have it! Although you would benefit greatly from my toastmastery, you will unlikely ever have the opportunity to reap the benefits of my expertise. If you make it to PAX Prime I will personally deliver you two slices of buttered toast (white, sourdough, or wholewheat).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

'it is unlikely you will ever ever have'

/i don't get to grammar nazi often

[quote name='kwirl']'it is unlikely you will ever ever have'

/i don't get to grammar nazi often[/QUOTE]
Fixed!! Thanks for the callout....that's what I get for multitasking :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Fixed!! Thanks for the callout....that's what I get for multitasking :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

don't you know how intertube forums work? that was the perfect opportunity for you to unleash a tirade upon me regarding the promiscuity of my mother, and threaten me personally for having the audacity to imply that your grammatical misspellings were anything other than an intentional homage that clearly went above my uneducated head.

[quote name='kwirl']don't you know how intertube forums work? that was the perfect opportunity for you to unleash a tirade upon me regarding the promiscuity of my mother, and threaten me personally for having the audacity to imply that your grammatical misspellings were anything other than an intentional homage that clearly went above my uneducated head.[/QUOTE]

Lol, this was an awesome post.

Cheers,
Tony

Any chance Trine activates on steam? (still will get it if its not, just convenient to stuff everything on one program and not look through my games HDD and go O-o i had that >.>)

Just snagged PayDay. Thanks for the great deal!

Red Faction seems intriguing. Can someone sell me on it? How closely does it resemble Bulletstorm? That is what it looks like from the previews to me so I am just wondering. I loved Bulletstorm, btw.

What game is is most like and is it good?

[quote name='Sephyroth']Any chance Trine activates on steam? (still will get it if its not, just convenient to stuff everything on one program and not look through my games HDD and go O-o i had that >.>)[/QUOTE]
No, it doesn't activate on Steam. However, for a buck and some change, why not get it anyway?

[quote name='Sephyroth']Any chance Trine activates on steam? (still will get it if its not, just convenient to stuff everything and not look through my games HDD and go O-o i had that >.>)[/QUOTE]

Our version is DRM free, so no Steam on this one.

[quote name='avwjase']Just snagged PayDay. Thanks for the great deal!

Red Faction seems intriguing. Can someone sell me on it? How closely does it resemble Bulletstorm? That is what it looks like from the previews to me so I am just wondering. I loved Bulletstorm, btw.

What game is is most like and is it good?[/QUOTE]

Woohoo! More Payday!! As for RFA, I loved the game, but don't think it is as crazy as Bulletstorm, it does destructable environments right and the story (to me anyway) is phenomenal.

I'm a Red Faction nut though...played the first one WAAAAAY back in the day and have been in love ever since.

Cheers,
Tony

Yay for sales! I bought 3 copies of payday for my friends. Now maybe I will have some people to play with. Thank you for the deals!

:applause::applause::applause:[quote name='kwirl']don't you know how intertube forums work? that was the perfect opportunity for you to unleash a tirade upon me regarding the promiscuity of my mother, and threaten me personally for having the audacity to imply that your grammatical misspellings were anything other than an intentional homage that clearly went above my uneducated head.[/QUOTE]

trine is worth every one of those 124 pennies. seriously, if you don't have the money for it, walk down a city sidewalk for an hour and get that loose change for this game. I'm eagerly waiting a sale on trine 2 from steam or amazon.

bought payday and darksiders so far (darksiders is steamworks because why not say it every chance you get to avoid being asked later). thinking about mirror's edge or some other titles. need for speed the run is fun if you enjoy need for speed games, and fyi - need for speed world is now free to play.

also, thanks, Tony, for including in these sales some non a-list titles - i love games like the hotel giant, roller coaster tycoon, etc - while I haven't purchased any yet because I haven't seen ones I don't have, I'll be keeping my eyes out for roller coaster tycoon 3 or the zoo tycoon games!

meh, bought red faction armageddon :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Woohoo! More Payday!! As for RFA, I loved the game, but don't think it is as crazy as Bulletstorm, it does destructable environments right and the story (to me anyway) is phenomenal.

I'm a Red Faction nut though...played the first one WAAAAAY back in the day and have been in love ever since.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, I snagged it. I hope it works for me unlike the last one. I bought the last Red Faction (Guerilla?) during a steam sale for $3-4 and it never would run for me. I know it isn't my PC because I have a Core i7 2600k with a 580 GTX and 8 GB DDR3 Ram. Steam kept telling me that my PC couldn't run it but I was like.... ok. They wouldn't refund my money, either. Which, meh, it was only like $4 max. Still, $4 is 80% of PayDay at Amazon. All in how you look at it, eh? :lol:

I hope this one runs for me!

[quote name='lonfar']Does anyone know if Supreme Commander & FA can be redeem on Steam?
Heard back when it was release on Steam retail key was able to[/QUOTE]

JUST tried this! I picked up FA ONLY and guess what? It activated on Steam!
The BEST part? It ALSO gave me Supreme Commander!
So if you go with FA, youre getting both!
SUPER WIN

Got Payday, Trine, and Darksiders. Thinking about getting the Rockstar Classic Pack, Witcher 2, and Sim City 4.

What's the DRM on the Rockstar Pack and Sim City 4?

To anyone on the fence about Darksiders, buy it. I got it for $5 during a Steam sale and loved every second of it.

Can anyone recommend the following:
From Dust
Velvet Assassin
Lost: Via Domus
Hotel Giant 2

They all look interesting. I loved Lost but not sure if it would translate well to a game. Anyone played any of those games? I heard From Dust had that draconian Ubisoft DRM so it is going to have to be a really good game for me to put up with that garbage.

[quote name='unknown0']Got Payday, Trine, and Darksiders. Thinking about getting the Rockstar Classic Pack, Witcher 2, and Sim City 4.

What's the DRM on the Rockstar Pack and Sim City 4?[/QUOTE]

Rockstar Pack is Securom and I'm unsure on Sim City 4. Anyone?

Shoot me a reminder tomorrow if you haven't run this down and I'll bug our QA team :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='theandyman85']JUST tried this! I picked up FA ONLY and guess what? It activated on Steam!
SUPER WIN[/QUOTE]

Then MAYBE all THQ games from Amazon will activate on steam?

If yes, and someone can test it :) , i'll pick COH too.

By the moment bought Payday
Regards.

Got Darksiders, The Darkness II and NBA 2K12. May get Payday or From Dust later, but I think I have enough games for now. Thanks for the deals, Tony!

Hey Tony, my handle is the same on GAF and CAG.

Picked up Alan Wake and Might & Magic Clash of Heroes. Great prices as always from Amazon, further adding to my huge backlog lol.

[quote name='Gluteus']Notice I wasn't asking for a new game to be $5. Metro 2033 is from 2010, and Steam had it for $5 in August 2011 (maybe earlier), but I didn't have a gaming PC back then. If he can do it, great, if not I don't mind waiting. It's not like I'm asking for Syndicate to be $5, am I?[/QUOTE]

Just messing with you, of course ;). In fact, I built a PC not too long ago and missed that deal as well..

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My girlfriend's response to this was, "you should tell that guy that 1, you make the best toast and 2, you are busy making it for me every morning".

So there you have it! Although you would benefit greatly from my toastmastery, you will it is unlikely you will ever have the opportunity to reap the benefits of my expertise. If you make it to PAX Prime I will personally deliver you two slices of buttered toast (white, sourdough, or wholewheat).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

'Tis a shame, any toast I make turns out too soggy from overbutterring or just plain burnt

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anybody have an opinion on the Homefront DLC? The maps mostly... are they worth it?[/QUOTE]

Same question

I will get RF Armageddon+DLC (already have Steam 50% Off coupon but it may never go on sale
biggrin.gif
), Mirror's Edge

Thinking about Trine but the Steam version has Achievements :p

Is Velvet Assassin Steam registerable ? it is in the Steam list but wanna make sure. Is it any good ?

Awesome deals Tony. Picked up Payday and Red Faction which I already had on 360. I was going to bite on NBA2k12 but I refuse to install anything with Securom. Is MLB2k12 going to run Securom also?

[quote name='r9800pro']
Is Velvet Assassin Steam registerable ? it is in the Steam list but wanna make sure. Is it any good ?[/QUOTE]

I have a physical copy that registered just fine. I have not actually played it, however.

I mean, who actually plays games, right?

[quote name='avwjase']Well, I snagged it. I hope it works for me unlike the last one. I bought the last Red Faction (Guerilla?) during a steam sale for $3-4 and it never would run for me. I know it isn't my PC because I have a Core i7 2600k with a 580 GTX and 8 GB DDR3 Ram. Steam kept telling me that my PC couldn't run it but I was like.... ok. They wouldn't refund my money, either. Which, meh, it was only like $4 max. Still, $4 is 80% of PayDay at Amazon. All in how you look at it, eh? :lol:

I hope this one runs for me![/QUOTE]

There was a problem with RF2 and RAM above 2GB, there is a sticky on the steam forums to address it.

[quote name='theandyman85']JUST tried this! I picked up FA ONLY and guess what? It activated on Steam!
SUPER WIN[/QUOTE]

Edit: Just tried it and - apologies! - it does indeed work. Supreme Commander FA keys from Amazon appear to unlock both SupCom and Forged Alliance with a near 15 GB total install.

I've seen others mention it on SPUF and always assumed they were confused by the unified install. $3.75 for both games = a steal!

That doesn't sound right at all.

Be aware that FA was a stand-alone game that included elements of Supreme Commander. In fact, if you installed FA and you had SupCom it combined the two into one game.

Can you launch SupCom separately and play the entire campaign for the other three factions and not just the Seraphim? That would tell you if you indeed somehow got both.

Steam sells them separately, so it does seem unlikely.

Does Mirror's Edge have Pure Time Trial Maps DLC ?

I activated it on Origin just fine but it shows Music CD as the only Bonus in the Game Details :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Rockstar Pack is Securom and I'm unsure on Sim City 4. Anyone?

Shoot me a reminder tomorrow if you haven't run this down and I'll bug our QA team :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate and Gamestop (aka Impulse) are reporting their versions as DRM free so most likely Amazon's is too.

HINT HINT Amazon people (Not you Tony, I know you are trying ;) ) please put the DRM, or lackthereof, on the game's page in a prominent spot.

Sorry, I know I keep harping on this, but it really is a dealbreaker for me when deciding to buy or not. I need to know it and would rather not have to hunt all over for it.

[quote name='Uplink']sim city 4 origin or steam redeem?[/QUOTE]

Origin. It's EA and their games are never Steam redeemable. If you want it on Steam you have to buy it there.

[quote name='r9800pro']Does Mirror's Edge have Pure Time Trial Maps DLC ?

I activated it on Origin just fine but it shows Music CD as the only Bonus in the Game Details :)[/QUOTE]

The Time Trials DLC you can only get from Origin. EA is really possessive about their DLC which is why they and Valve have been clashing a lot lately.

[quote name='Uplink']sim city 4 origin or steam redeem?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that it would register on Steam, since it is not listed anywhere.

SUPER WIN[/QUOTE]

I can also confirm this. The key for Forged Alliance unlocks both SC and FA on Steam. Awesome!

Sweet deal on Payday; right in my price range. Also picked up SupCom: FA (confirming that it also comes with the original SupCom) for the hell of it. Thanks for all these deals, Tony! Probably would've missed these awesome deals if it weren't for this thread. :)

I think that Ghostbusters: The Video Game was supposed to be pretty good (NOT Sanctum Of Slime). The rest do look like filler, with Yars Revenge and Blade Kitten in particular having bad reps.

Could still be worth it to some, though, at about $1.11 per game in the bundle. I'd buy it if more of them registered on Steam just to try some of them out.

[quote name='avwjase']

Can anyone recommend the following:
From Dust
Velvet Assassin
Lost: Via Domus
Hotel Giant 2

[/QUOTE]

If you are a fan of the "Lost" TV series, then Via Domus is worth a play. It's not fantastic or overly long, but fans will have fun playing it.

Hi Tony,

How about a bundle of all the space marine dlc like you have for retribution? It would be awful to check out one by one.

Thanks!

[quote name='Lint21']I think that Ghostbusters: The Video Game was supposed to be pretty good (NOT Sanctum Of Slime). The rest do look like filler, with Yars Revenge and Blade Kitten in particular having bad reps.

Could still be worth it to some, though, at about $1.11 per game in the bundle. I'd buy it if more of them registered on Steam just to try some of them out.[/QUOTE]

Blade Kitten is pretty fun. I got it from amazon a while back. It's a fun action platformer with lots of secret coin stashes and stuff to find. Plays great with a 360 pad as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back