Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit, you're going to make me buy The Darkness II for PC! I wanted to add to my PS3 library - oh well.

[quote name='avwjase']To anyone on the fence about Darksiders, buy it. I got it for $5 during a Steam sale and loved every second of it.

Can anyone recommend the following:
From Dust
Velvet Assassin
Lost: Via Domus
Hotel Giant 2.[/QUOTE]
In disagreement with the gentleman above me, I'm going to say skip Lost: Via Domus unless you're a super Lost fan who needs more. The gameplay's only ever ok, and it's frustrating how many items you're given the option to buy that'll you'll never use. But worst of all, the story is pretty bland. I didn't really care for it, and I was quite a Lost fan at the time.

[quote name='Motoki']Gamersgate and Gamestop (aka Impulse) are reporting their versions as DRM free so most likely Amazon's is too.

HINT HINT Amazon people (Not you Tony, I know you are trying ;) ) please put the DRM, or lackthereof, on the game's page in a prominent spot.

Sorry, I know I keep harping on this, but it really is a dealbreaker for me when deciding to buy or not. I need to know it and would rather not have to hunt all over for it.

Origin. It's EA and their games are never Steam redeemable. If you want it on Steam you have to buy it there.
[/QUOTE]

I hear you on the clear DRM communication. We've had meetings for the past couple of weeks figuring out a solution that works aesthtically and technologically.

Without going into too much detail, our pages aren't generated individually, there is a set number of fields we can put stuff into, we're figuring out where best to put this info and how to display it. I agree that a graphic somewhere above the fold would be great, we need to figure out how we can make that work into our system.

[quote name='artean']Does Might and Magic clash of heroes activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

Yep :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']In disagreement with the gentleman above me, I'm going to say skip Lost: Via Domus unless you're a super Lost fan who needs more. The gameplay's only ever ok, and it's frustrating how many items you're given the option to buy that'll you'll never use. But worst of all, the story is pretty bland. I didn't really care for it, and I was quite a Lost fan at the time.[/QUOTE]

Seconding this opinion. Rented it back when it came out and played through the entire game with a group of Lost fans watching. The whole game (one of my few 100% on xbox) took about 3-4 hours. The story was mildly interesting but you could watch the cinematics on youtube and not miss much. Now that the show is over I don't know if there would be any enjoyment going back to it.

[quote name='pROvIs']Hi Tony,

How about a bundle of all the space marine dlc like you have for retribution? It would be awful to check out one by one.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Any word on this Tony? And thanks for all you do for us!

[quote name='artean']Any word on this Tony? And thanks for all you do for us![/QUOTE]
THQ hasn't published a space marine DLC bundle yet, thus I dont think amazon is capable of doing that

[quote name='pinkgun']THQ hasn't published a space marine DLC bundle yet, thus I dont think amazon is capable of doing that[/QUOTE]

Of course they are capable of it. They can make one purchase contain all the codes needed. Much like they do with the other complete packs I have purchased from them.

[quote name='pinkgun']THQ hasn't published a space marine DLC bundle yet, thus I dont think amazon is capable of doing that[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']Of course they are capable of it. They can make one purchase contain all the codes needed. Much like they do with the other complete packs I have purchased from them.[/QUOTE]

Actually, with this specific content there are some technological barriers to bundling the way you're talking about it, which is why we didn't do it.

Essentially our system gets upset with combining bundles of full games and just codes, and bundles of codes. We think we have a solution run down and are testing it, but we didn't want to put it in place for such a high profile sale, because the QA process isn't full complete.

The last thing we want to do is push something out and say "LOOK AT THIS AWESOME NEW FUNCTIONALITY" and then have it suck :(.

Cheers,
Tony

I am unable to redeem my SimCity 4 DE key at Origin, the customer service said it is an invalid key.

Has anyone encounter this issue?

Any chance the COH tales of valor will activate the rest of the COH pieces on steam like supreme commander FA?

I like the idea of this series but not sure if I want to put down $15 or get 3 other games instead.

thanks

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Actually, with this specific content there are some technological barriers to bundling the way you're talking about it, which is why we didn't do it.

Essentially our system gets upset with combining bundles of full games and just codes, and bundles of codes. We think we have a solution run down and are testing it, but we didn't want to put it in place for such a high profile sale, because the QA process isn't full complete.

The last thing we want to do is push something out and say "LOOK AT THIS AWESOME NEW FUNCTIONALITY" and then have it suck :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response but I am still a bit confused. How it is different then when you did the Shogun Bundle, or Sega Complete Pack, Civ 5 GOTY etc? If I am reading your post right your system gets upset when combining Full Game + Code for DLC packs in one package. Is it still a problem to bundle just the DLC? That's what I was reffering to originally.

Normally It wouldn't be a big deal but I really don't want to have 8 transactions of less than a dollar and get my card flagged for fraud.

Thanks

[quote name='chakane048']I am unable to redeem my SimCity 4 DE key at Origin, the customer service said it is an invalid key.

Has anyone encounter this issue?[/QUOTE]

was anyone able to activate [Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition] on EA? this is the version which was on sale in Jan but it doesn't seem to give a key on amazon.

regarding invalid key - I had the same issue w/ Crysis where I got responses ranging from invalid key all the way to I'm using a stolen key and getting cut off in the EA chat. Just keep trying and be polite. The 5th EA rep I tried added the same 'invalid' Crysis key for me in about 3 minutes. btw - my initial tries to get a replacement key from Amazon was a bit frustrating so I kept at it w/ EA instead.

EDIT: my bad - I saw SimCity 4 and read Civ 4 - blame it on having to say up all night waiting for the sale to start...

[quote name='CheapThomas']was anyone able to activate [Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition] on EA? this is the version which was on sale in Jan but it doesn't seem to give a key on amazon.

regarding invalid key - I had the same issue w/ Crysis where I got responses ranging from invalid key all the way to I'm using a stolen key and getting cut off in the EA chat. Just keep trying and be polite. The 5th EA rep I tried added the same 'invalid' Crysis key for me in about 3 minutes. btw - my initial tries to get a replacement key from Amazon was a bit frustrating so I kept at it w/ EA instead.[/QUOTE]

Civ games are made by 2k not EA

[quote name='CheapThomas']Any chance the COH tales of valor will activate the rest of the COH pieces on steam like supreme commander FA?

I like the idea of this series but not sure if I want to put down $15 or get 3 other games instead.

thanks[/QUOTE]

No. The games aren't steam works. However, since all three games are basically the same install (On Steam not sure if that's true elsewhere). If you own one of them on Steam you can put in CdKeys for the other two games and you will be able to play the other two through the one you have registered on steam.

Does anyone know how the DLC works in AC 2 + Brotherhood? Aren't they all free on PC? Do you need to buy the deluxe versions to get them?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. For those wondering.

AC2 Deluxe includes all DLC (standard and Deluxe appear to be the same cost so make sure you pick up the Deluxe)
ACB Standard includes all DLC (Deluxe has Soundtrack/videos/etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response but I am still a bit confused. How it is different then when you did the Shogun Bundle, or Sega Complete Pack, Civ 5 GOTY etc? If I am reading your post right your system gets upset when combining Full Game + Code for DLC packs in one package. Is it still a problem to bundle just the DLC? That's what I was reffering to originally.

Normally It wouldn't be a big deal but I really don't want to have 8 transactions of less than a dollar and get my card flagged for fraud.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry man I TOTALLY mis-red your post. The difference between the Shogun and Sega Complete was the volume of stuff we put in it. Like I said, we have a workable solution but we're building it to scale. Sorry again for the lack of a clear response.

As for "all the DLC" in a bundle, I need to check with THQ to see if they're cool with it and with my OPS team to make sure they can do it, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapThomas']was anyone able to activate [Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition] on EA? this is the version which was on sale in Jan but it doesn't seem to give a key on amazon.

regarding invalid key - I had the same issue w/ Crysis where I got responses ranging from invalid key all the way to I'm using a stolen key and getting cut off in the EA chat. Just keep trying and be polite. The 5th EA rep I tried added the same 'invalid' Crysis key for me in about 3 minutes. btw - my initial tries to get a replacement key from Amazon was a bit frustrating so I kept at it w/ EA instead.

EDIT: my bad - I saw SimCity 4 and read Civ 4 - blame it on having to say up all night waiting for the sale to start...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've asked both their customer services.
Amazon gave me a new key, but the problem persists, so I am now waiting Origin's investigation.

Vinod:
You have a valid reason to be disappointed. I'll do my best to address your concern.
Vinod:
This is indeed disappointing. I'll do my best to cheer you up.

You're welcome, I would need some time to investigate this, please stay connected.

[quote name='pROvIs']Does anyone know how the DLC works in AC 2 + Brotherhood? Aren't they all free on PC? Do you need to buy the deluxe versions to get them?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. For those wondering.

AC2 Deluxe includes all DLC (standard and Deluxe appear to be the same cost so make sure you pick up the Deluxe)
ACB Standard includes all DLC (Deluxe has Soundtrack/videos/etc)[/QUOTE]

Where are Soundtrack and videos located in AC2 Deluxe ?

Does Brotherhood Standard Edition have any Free DLCs ?

-------

I was just checking deals4downloads.com and seeing how Amazon has/had best deal prices for a lot of games made me want to show appreciation to Tony and Amazon again and again. Very well done :applause:

http://www.deals4downloads.com/games/deals#/f/gp__pc--pst__coregames/s/hot/page/1

[quote name='r9800pro']Where are Soundtrack and videos located in AC2 Deluxe ?

Does Brotherhood Standard Edition have any Free DLCs ?

-------

I was just checking deals4downloads.com and seeing how Amazon has/had best deal prices for a lot of games made me want to show appreciation to Tony and Amazon again and again. Very well done :applause:

http://www.deals4downloads.com/games/deals#/f/gp__pc--pst__coregames/s/hot/page/1[/QUOTE]

I don't think 2 Deluxe doesnt have soundtrack.

Brotherhood Standard and Deluxe both include the console DLC "The Da Vinci Disappearance." I'm assuming they both have the free DLC packs that were on the console as well "Animus Update 1.0/2.0"

I was going to pick them both up but I'm hesitant now as I still have them and haven't played them on 360. Teh DLC would have convinced me but it looks like I had already purchased that on XBL as well.

Re: Sim City and Origin

You could try one of these links and see if it works. It did for me and ME1

https://activate.ea.com/applybeslddcode.do#

https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

I think the first two will sometimes let you activate 'legacy' EA Games to Origin.

If none of that works, just keep bugging EA's customer service. It's on EA's list of games activate-able on Origin and you legitimately purchased it so it's their responsibility to make it work.

Can I add an EA game that I purchased outside of Origin to my Origin Game Library?

Currently all EA games released in 2009 or later can be added to your Origin Game Library. We’re working to enable this option for EA’s older titles as well. At this point, all of the following titles are enabled for this feature:
Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition

I picked up Payday, and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, great deals

Still contemplating if I want to pick up the Witcher 2, I havent finished the first one yet.

EDIT: my bad - I saw SimCity 4 and read Civ 4 - blame it on having to say up all night waiting for the sale to start...[/QUOTE]

FYI: Civ IV Complete Edition on Amazon is DRM free. No CD key required :)

Thanks the guy above me for the info on AC Brotherhood DLC. Now is the TAGES drm still there?

I hate to be one of "those guys"; but does anyone know if Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has the option of "Offline Mode" in Uplay? [like what AC:II has; was patched in last November-2011]. Or is it "Constant Internet Connection Required" or "Internet Required at Start of Game".

I did a simple web-search/Amazon Reviews and didn't find a definite answer.
Any answers/theories are greatly appreciated.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I hate to be one of "those guys"; but does anyone know if Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has the option of "Offline Mode" in Uplay? [like what AC:II has; was patched in last November-2011]. Or is it "Constant Internet Connection Required" or "Internet Required at Start of Game".

I did a simple web-search/Amazon Reviews and didn't find a definite answer.
Any answers/theories are greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

yup.. it has offline mode. Just need to go online to activate it though

Ugh, I really wish I could take advantage of The Darkness II for only $25 but my increasingly smaller bank account tells me that I should not.

I am hoping to figure out a way to trade some things with someone to buy it for me perhaps (I have steam games, coupons, iTunes credit and so on) but I do not know where to go to post this. I have been here for quite a while and know my way around the site. I am going to post this in the Steam Trade thread seeing as it is Steam activatable but was curious if we had any specific trade threads set up for Amazon deals and such?

Hi Tony, Deus Ex DLC is in sale on steam at 66%.

It would be great to get a better disccount, like 75% ;) (yep i know i'm asking too much) .

Regards.

Ahhhhhhhhh too many deals, not enough money -sniffles-
Picked up Payday though, going to convince (blackmail/force) some friends to buy it as well :), because best friends should rob banks together!

[quote name='Meeza']Ahhhhhhhhh too many deals, not enough money -sniffles-
Picked up Payday though, going to convince (blackmail/force) some friends to buy it as well :), because best friends should rob banks together![/QUOTE]

And use that money to buy more games!

I rarely play it these days, but looks like I might have to get that 6.80 pack of all DoW2 DLC, even though it horrifies me how OP the Tau Commander was when first released (seriously, his drone on Wave 16 dopplegangers nearly soloed my HP-upped Sorc.)

Maybe AC Brotherhood as well. I'm not a massive fan of the series, but I've been slowly picking them up as they go on sale. I've heard it's a bit short in the single player, can anyone confirm or deny or recommend if I should wait until Summer/Winter where it might drop to a 5'er or less?

SimCity 4 is super tempting me though, I've had a god complex lately.

Won't lie, there are some good deals here, but just not in my typical genres of interest, or those that are I already own from comparative or better sales. ^_^

So many people are getting Payday. I'm tempted to get it, but don't know if I'd really have people to play with on the PC just yet. Is it still fun to play solo, or with just two people?

[quote name='Gluteus']So many people are getting Payday. I'm tempted to get it, but don't know if I'd really have people to play with on the PC just yet. Is it still fun to play solo, or with just two people?[/QUOTE]

If you are part of the CAG Steam group and even if you just add people on here who bought it I am sure you can find plenty of people to play with.

I only ever played the demo on PS3 before I bought it today, but I had enough fun with the demo solo. If it's anything like Killing Floor you'll need to play some solo anyways to level up.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you are part of the CAG Steam group and even if you just add people on here who bought it I am sure you can find plenty of people to play with.

I only ever played the demo on PS3 before I bought it today, but I had enough fun with the demo solo. If it's anything like Killing Floor you'll need to play some solo anyways to level up.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good. Funny that you would mention Killing Floor, since a friend gifted that to me on Steam a week back. Thanks for the response!

so is there a way to get the key for velvet assassin, just would be nice to add to steam since its one of the games you can activate on steam

[quote name='pROvIs']
[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue so I buy a single Amazon e-gift card (using my credit card) for the amount I think/know I will spend and apply the gift card to my Amazon account. As I buy the individual games/DLC the cost is then deducted from my gift card balance. I do this for cheap mp3 and Kindle purchases too. Seems to work OK.

[quote name='JKSonic']You know that you're a true cheapass when you don't want to buy Homefront because it's $7.50 or whatever it is and not $5.00 haha.[/QUOTE]

A cheap(er)ass would be the ones like me who got it for $2.49 thanks to Tony and Amazon in January :lol:

[quote name='tjs09']I bought Payday, but I don't know anyone else who has it..

Anyone? Anyone?!![/QUOTE]

I have it but too busy playing other games atm

Steam ID is: r9800pro

[quote name='Palinn']I have the same issue so I buy a single Amazon e-gift card (using my credit card) for the amount I think/know I will spend and apply the gift card to my Amazon account. As I buy the individual games/DLC the cost is then deducted from my gift card balance. I do this for cheap mp3 and Kindle purchases too. Seems to work OK.[/QUOTE]

Has this ever been an issue? I bought like 20-30 .49 cent MP3s from the Android market during their holiday/grand opening sale and never had any issues.

[quote name='Palinn']I have the same issue so I buy a single Amazon e-gift card (using my credit card) for the amount I think/know I will spend and apply the gift card to my Amazon account. As I buy the individual games/DLC the cost is then deducted from my gift card balance. I do this for cheap mp3 and Kindle purchases too. Seems to work OK.[/QUOTE]

Unless they have remedied it, it used to be the case that you could not use gc on downloadable games.

[quote name='Larce80']does amazon have a wallet feature like steam?[/QUOTE]

I think that's what the Amazon gift-cards are for. I think you can buy them online [and print out a code and redeem immediately] or buy at a physical store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back