Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sigmajt']Is there anyway to know if a game will be able to be activated on steam, or whether a dlc code from amazon will work on a steam game?[/QUOTE]

Most games that can be activated on Steam are listed on there.
Not all, though - i.e. Borderlands: GOTY from Amazon DL is not listed, but will activate up on Steam.

About Amazon DLC codes working on a Steam game - it'd be best to first know if the base game flat-out requires Steam.
If the base game requires Steam, then the game's DLC likely will require Steam.

[quote name='anarchyburger']Not sure if it's been asked before but does Red Faction: Guerrilla register on Steam? I like having all my games in one place. I saw that the other Red Faction games does register on Steam, but I'm not sure if Guerrilla does.[/QUOTE]
No.
RF:G game requires G4WL.

RF:A is the first Red Faction game to actually REQUIRE Steam.

[quote name='imentec']Hi Tony, Deus Ex DLC is in sale on steam at 66%.

It would be great to get a better disccount, like 75% ;) (yep i know i'm asking too much) .

Regards.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tancred']Any chance for Deus Ex: HR and Serious Sam 3 price matches or lower prices with Steam?[/QUOTE]

These are matched :)

[quote name='Larce80']does amazon have a wallet feature like steam?[/QUOTE]

We have a gift card system, you can buy GC's (digitally even) and add them to your account like a wallet. Just turn off your 1-click :).

[quote name='etcrane']Really nice work Tony, you've really taken a somewhat mediocre download service and turned it into a top competitor with Steam. Amazon has yet again proven that they consistently bring exceptional value and service to customers shopping in nearly any product category on their site. Awesome job bringing their DL service in line with the standards we value and expect from Amazon![/QUOTE]

:) Thanks etcrane! Working hard on it!

[quote name='TheHeretic']Hi Tony,

Since you're asking for more data on this, here's a group on steam that regularly post about your deals:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TradersGuild

That's where I found about this thread as well and the good deals Amazon is giving out. If you're on Steam you might want to join in the group as well, they are a good bunch of people :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I've added these guys to the "placed to make sure have updated info list".

[quote name='CheapThomas']that or a burrito - tough call! From the reviews it appears the game might last longer...[/QUOTE]

Where are you buying burritos for $1.24? I love burritos and want to go there.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony...and also anyone else, for that matter.
Just bought Velvet Assassin - for $1.24, I figured "why not?" [shrug]
Is there supposed to be a Game Key w/ this game?
Or is it DRM-FREE?[/QUOTE]

This version fo the game is DRM free

[quote name='MysterD']I see Amazon matched most of the Deus Ex: Human Rev deals Steam has [for Regular and Augmented Edition deals for the Weekend Deal]...
Though, DE:HR - Missing Link DLC is $5.09 on Steam and Amazon didn't match that [still $14.95].
Are you gonna match that, too?[/QUOTE]

Yep, we are , for some reason the hamsters are moving reaaaalllly slow on the DLC.

[quote name='sigmajt']Is there anyway to know if a game will be able to be activated on steam, or whether a dlc code from amazon will work on a steam game?[/QUOTE]

Search for "Steam" on the product page, if you see something that says "Steam account required" then it is a steam activated game. If the base game is Steam then our DLC will be as well.

[quote name='MysterD']No.
RF:G game requires G4WL.

RF:A is the first Red Faction game to actually REQUIRE Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this :).

Cheers,
Tony

I don't know if it was mentioned, but the "Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance" PC download redeems on Steam for BOTH Supreme Commander 1 AND the Forged Alliance copy as well. Older games, but essentially both of them for $3.75 isn't too shabby. Good save since Supreme Commander 1 is listed as $3.75 separately but doesn't redeem on Steam.

[quote name='r9800pro']
Guys, have you seen this site before ?

http://www.ddgamer.com/worth.php

It calculates the value of your Steam games

It told me that my games are ~$1000 and if I got them during sales they would be ~$350 but in fact I only paid ~$160 :D (thanks to gifts, trades, free stuff and AMAZON!) :applause:[/QUOTE]

Mine came back...

Username: Jules
Member for: ~83 months
$30.44 USD ($9.30 USD) per month

You own 196 games worth: $2,526.90 USD - What does this number mean?
If you bought all these games on sale it would have cost: $772.26 USD
You spend an average of $12.89 USD ($3.94 USD) per game.

I am probably somewhere between the 2 numbers. I got a lot of games via gifts but I also hand out a ton of gifts, too. Last year I bought games for 15 people on my steam list, 10 of which I only know online. So, I am a pretty big gifter myself. I only buy games that are on sale unless it is something I have to have on launch like L4D2 or BF3. But I hand out so many gifts and stuff I have to be well over the $772. Probably in the $1000 range.

Well so far today I've bought Deus Ex, Supcom FA and Payday all using free gift cards I got using Viggle for iOS. They had a sale on Amazon gift cards which I traded all my points for during the Super Bowl. Might get NBA 2K12 does anyone know if its Steamworks?

http://viggle.com/

Added several of you who mentioned Payday.

I tried it out for a bit tonight and while I liked it, maybe I'm just too new or it's very difficult in Single Player. I was close to end of the first level I attempted, and failed miserably on the second. Haven't played multiplayer yet.

[quote name='SiMMENS']Well so far today I've bought Deus Ex, Supcom FA and Payday all using free gift cards I got using Viggle for iOS. They had a sale on Amazon gift cards which I traded all my points for during the Super Bowl. Might get NBA 2K12 does anyone know if its Steamworks?

http://viggle.com/[/QUOTE]

Nope. Purchased and tried to activate via Steam unsuccessfully. Having a great time playing it though. I just hope it is not as buggy as the 360 version I had. Just won the NBA title and MVP in my second year and my save corrupted :( when playing on 360.

Thanks for all who mentioned buying FA and activating it on Steam gets you both SupCom original + FA.
AWESOME deal!!! :D
I'm also confirming that this works.

So does Red Faction: Guerrilla activate on Steam too, or is it only Armageddon that activates?

EDIT: Never mind, it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z-Saber']Added several of you who mentioned Payday.

I tried it out for a bit tonight and while I liked it, maybe I'm just too new or it's very difficult in Single Player. I was close to end of the first level I attempted, and failed miserably on the second. Haven't played multiplayer yet.[/QUOTE]

It's a bit difficult when first starting out. As you level up you'll get upgrades that will make things a bit easier. But yeah, I recommend playing it with others for maximum enjoyment.

Got a bunch of the cheapies: Trine, Velvet Assassin, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2! That's 4 games (including Supreme Commander original via Steam) and 3 expansion packs for less than $10!

I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 years ago and I remember always wanting to play the sequel(s). This is going to bring me back!

Thanks for the awesome deals as usual!

Hey Tony, do you think Amazon will have the first Witcher on sale sometime in the future? I think I missed the last sale on it. I would just rather buy both Witcher games from the same service. So I am about to pull the trigger on the Witcher 2 but not if Amazon won't be selling the first game.

I checked on Amazon and it seems like they are not even selling the downloadable version at the moment. That is why I was wondering.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Is there any confirmation that Velvelt Assassin does *not* come with a CDkey that can be activated on Steam?[/QUOTE]

I have no CD-key in my library for VA. (Figured I'd give it a shot for the $1.24 since I still have amazon gift funds)

I Quick questions. WHen you buy do you have to download it right away? Can you purchase a few things and sorta get them when you want?

Also I noticed it was asking for a credit card even though I have tem stored on amazon are they different entities?

[quote name='gepet0']I Quick questions. WHen you buy do you have to download it right away? Can you purchase a few things and sorta get them when you want?

Also I noticed it was asking for a credit card even though I have tem stored on amazon are they different entities?[/QUOTE]

I've recently bought a couple games from Amazon, so i might be able to answer a couple questions.

When you buy a game, it goes to your "Games Library" where you can download it at a later time if you wish. I believe you also get a prompt to download at that point in time that you buy it. Downloading the game is basically you are given a download manager of sorts and it downloads the game from Amazon after you run it.

Not sure about the "separate entity" thing though. I have noticed that my stored credit card gets pulled up when I buy/download a game, but i only put one instead of multiple so i can't really say.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Added several of you who mentioned Payday.

I tried it out for a bit tonight and while I liked it, maybe I'm just too new or it's very difficult in Single Player. I was close to end of the first level I attempted, and failed miserably on the second. Haven't played multiplayer yet.[/QUOTE]

Add me for some PayDay as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/JawnMan

[quote name='AvidWriter']Is there any confirmation that Velvelt Assassin does *not* come with a CDkey that can be activated on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Though the Amazon page is, of course, less than clear on this point Gamersgate does list it as DRM free.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VA/velvet-assassin

That means no Steam (Steam is DRM) and generally speaking, no key.

I really can't see the publisher giving one store a DRM free version and another a DRM version. Plus several people are reporting no CD key was given for it.

Also, I don't recall South Peak ever doing any games with keys bought elsewhere that will activate on Steam. The Two Worlds games certainly don't.

[quote name='Motoki']Though the Amazon page is, of course, less than clear on this point Gamersgate does list it as DRM free.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VA/velvet-assassin

That means no Steam (Steam is DRM) and generally speaking, no key.

I really can't see the publisher giving one store a DRM free version and another a DRM version. Plus several people are reporting no CD key was given for it.

Also, I don't recall South Peak ever doing any games with keys bought elsewhere that will activate on Steam. The Two Worlds games certainly don't.[/QUOTE]

The DRM free Velvet Assassain is reissued. Originally it did contain a cdkey that would register on steam. Retail copies if you can find one still contain this.

Many games go this route eventually. I don't know what steam charges for steamworks but after a game is only being sold for a few bucks I imagine it's a huge portion of their profit, if not all of it. At that point, it only makes sense to issue your game as drm free to keep making money on it as other drm solutions would require royalties as well.

Hi, has anyone of you purchased "Faery: Legends of Avalon" and could tell me if the game is english-only or includes multiple languages?

I have asked Amazon, they tell me to contact with developers. I have asked developers but no answer received by now.

Thanks.

Just curious about a management issue.

Do you guys add non Steam Games to your Steam launcher so you visually have an idea of how many games you have on your PC/Mac?

[quote name='kaydigi']Just curious about a management issue.

Do you guys add non Steam Games to your Steam launcher so you visually have an idea of how many games you have on your PC/Mac?[/QUOTE]

I do now since i chat with my friends in the Steam community alot. Also I like using the Steam overlay to take lots of screenshots and stuff like that.

Do you guys add non Steam Games to your Steam launcher so you visually have an idea of how many games you have on your PC/Mac?[/QUOTE]

Just only the ones I'm currently playing. I generally don't have a use for Steam overlay and with the release of the official Steam app I can still chat and keep in touch without having to have Steam on all the time on my desktop. I like to keep my system as bare as conveniently possible with the fewest processes running (old habit). The non-Steam games list are also unfortunately only locally saved so if you move to a different computer you'd loose the list or have to add all of them again.

Screenshots in most games I prefer to use print screen or the game's own screen capture method since screenshots taken with Steam has a fair bit of compression to them (their decent if you downsize them but at full size is kind of blah).

[quote name='Angel.9 Rakou Cobra']That really does look like a great deal. Does anyone know if they activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

This. I wanna know this too..

Also, thanks to Amazon, my 1TB HDD is almost full! This is the worst time to need another HDD :)

[quote name='Angel.9 Rakou Cobra']That really does look like a great deal. Does anyone know if they activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask the same thing. Damn this Steam addiction! :)

[quote name='tjs09']Also, thanks to Amazon, my 1TB HDD is almost full! This is the worst time to need another HDD :)[/QUOTE]
If you don't mind going the used route and you don't know about this site already, check the anandtech.com forums. They have a pretty active trading forum mostly for computer parts and what not. Just picked up a 1.5TB drive for $60 so I should be set for a while.

I bit on Supreme Commander and Red Faction Armageddon for now. Definitely think I'll get Payday before the sale ends, and I'm thinking about Darksiders but I'm not really into that genre, so I'll probably pass on that and get Deus Ex from Steam.

Thanks for the deals Tony!

[quote name='tjs09']This. I wanna know this too..

Also, thanks to Amazon, my 1TB HDD is almost full! This is the worst time to need another HDD :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sylveranking']I too would like to know if the Atari bundle activates on steam. Would pick it up in heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delayed response here, the Atari bundle does not activate on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='ruuin']Hi, has anyone of you purchased "Faery: Legends of Avalon" and could tell me if the game is english-only or includes multiple languages?

I have asked Amazon, they tell me to contact with developers. I have asked developers but no answer received by now.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have it but I won't be home for a while so if no one answers you by then I will check.

I want to say it was multi-language but I can't swear to it since it has been a while since I first installed it. Note that it is text only and there is no voiced dialog.

I do. Otherwise I will forget about them. For me it's easier to visually have all my games in one place. Honestly If I had to have some games in this launcher and some that client etc etc all over the place I wouldn't do it. It's just too much to manage.

For those of you who bought SupCom, what's the story on DRM? The Amazon page mentions that a GPG account is required - is there a key that you get from Amazon that you bind to a GPG account or something?

I have both SupCom and FA on DVD, but I haven't played the game in years. I'm wondering if I can do LAN play with just the DVDs, or if it's worth double-dipping on Amazon to make this easier.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry for the delayed response here, the Atari bundle does not activate on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, no reason to apologize. You've got a lot to keep up with. :lol: Thanks for always answering all these questions. :)

[quote name='Tax']Anyone have any opinions on NBA 2K12?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I posted mine awhile back in the thread, I'll track it down for you

EDIT: Found it
[quote name='vince_carter']Whatever you do, don't buy the PC version of 2k12. The online is completely and utterly broken.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='1298ty']This may be true [online is a broken, horrible, lag-infested mess], but everything else is a blast and well worth $10 bucks. Association, My Player, and the Legends challenges are incredible if you're into basketball. Gameplay is improved as well. Definitely an overall improvement from 2k11 and the most realistic basketball game I've played to date :D[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony is Amazon going to start selling the Wicther downloadable version again? I saw that it is not being sold at the moment and I would rather have both the first and second game on the same service. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back