Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kwirl']just a random thought about something - with all these good sales, sometimes something comes along and i don't have the money for that purchase that day or hour - what about a feature where you can take *one* sale item and put it on a reserve, i guess an example scenario explains it best.

i get paid on tuesdays - on friday there's a 24 hour sale for skyrim at 4.99. holy crap, i have to buy that! but my bank account is staring at me with mocking eyes, showing the sad, lonely 2.54 cent balance i have left after buying gas and that god-damned-now-i-hate-you meal at mcdonalds. BUT - amazon just added the life-saving feature of a button in my checkout cart saying - 'save this price for later' - and i can 'hold' that item for up to 30 days, of course i could only have one 'held' item at a time, but this gives me a chance to get that deal that i really want, but just can't pay for that moment.

obviously, if those keys ran out i would get a note informing me of my bad luck, i can't expect amazon to gamble that i will purchase this item. but on the chance that not every single copy gets sold, it would be beyond awesome for something like this.

(fyi - i bought saints row with a prayer that my bills clear a day late lol)[/QUOTE]

No offense or anything, but you really need to work on your spending habits.

[quote name='Camwi']No offense or anything, but you really need to work on your spending habits.[/QUOTE]

i'm actually quite aware of them - i budget money for gaming, and i've spent more than i would like this month, so purchasing saints row at this price was a compromise that i will manage by reducing the amount i spend next month. the main reason i was tighter than normal had nothing to do with video games, but the 800 dollars i spent getting my dad's truck running so my girlfriend's father had reliable transportation to his cancer treatments each week.

the point of the post was not about my particular needs, but was simply a value-add feature that i think would help increase amazon's footprint in the marketplace. i'm 33 years old and i have never had a credit card, if i don't have the money, i don't buy it - which is why a feature like i brought up would be a wonderful service to myself, and the countless other gamers without an unlimited amount of funds.

To be honest, amazon has already become my 'first look' for gaming deals, i go here and check steam's weekly deals and that's enough for me. But the fact that Tony comes here and communicates with us personally has probably been the single driving reason that amazon has become my first choice for digital gaming. Without Tony, this is a great thread, but him talking to us about how things work and the transparency into their sales process makes me feel like i'm actually a part of their business model, and not just a schmuck unloading cash into their shareholders.

And Tony, you should put a twitter handle in your signature, not only would updates from you directly about upcoming deals be welcome on my cell phone, i think it would help you in your presentations since # of twitter followers is one of those buzzwords that could maybe give you extra weight or leverage in your presentations and meetings.

Also, it could give you an opportunity to market yourself with promotional rewards for your fans - every 10 thousand followers you get on twitter results in some kind of handout - the earliest followers are the hardest to get, once you start getting several thousand followers, you get the opportunity to use those followers to trend your sales on twitter, which exposes amazon's promotions to millions of people who don't even follow the deals threads. And saying 'well boss, i've got 180 thousand followers who really are driving for a sale on XYZ, maybe we could do something.' would probably be fun to say.

Using credit smartly is not hard to do which is I think the point of the original person who proposed the credit card idea. If you get a no annual fee credit card and pay it off every month it serves the same purpose of "saving a deal for later." You buy the game with the CC when you don't have the cash, and then you pay off the CC that month so you pay no interest on the game. If you are talking about just needing to float something til the next pay check it serves the same purpose.

That said, if you are just averse to credit cards for whatever reason then that's fine too, but CCs are not the devil.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I love this idea and will most definitely bring it up in a meeting and try to get it added to our dev roadmap, it will definitely be behind things like gifting and a cart though.

Also, did anyone notice the new checkout confirmation window? Might seem simple but there's now a "Continue shopping" button, so you're not stuck in limbo :). This was a big win for our dev team recently, and we had a guy who put in a ton of extra hours to get it integrated.

[/QUOTE]

I like the options you guys have put in there for what happens after you're done with the purchase. I saw all the options I needed and that is a big improvement over what I remember last time. I especially valued the, "Continue shopping" option and the "Just need the keys please" option. Not every site really gets it.

Thanks again! If there was some way you guys could eliminate/ease the patching process (by having the most up to date versions or giving us links to patches from the extensively awesome Amazon network), life would be even easier. Hell, I guess you guys could get a more extensive downloader that auto-patches, but then it'd have to be something like Valve's Steam, right? Amazon's Vine? Haha.

That said, you guys have made impressive strides and we're fortunate you're there. It's always the little things that don't impress that make you the best.

[quote name='r9800pro']I know this guys :lol:

The key was invalid with Ubisoft and my friend sent an email to Amazon regarding the issue and the reply came with a refund and the game was removed from his library !

Here is the real problem : he is using a prepaid credit card that can only be charged with ATM machines and no money can be refunded to it in any way :whistle2:#

He also got Payday and Homefront with no problems whatsoever

Can you help with this issue Tony ? I am sure Amazon can check that the refund was not sent to bank and give my friend AC Brotherhood back with a working key

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Is your friend buying it from within the U.S.?

Tony, do yo have a twitter? I think it would be easier to get your deals out there like that. It's awesome that you post here but you could reach a wider audience, plus I would be able to follow easier on my phone. :cool:

[quote name='vince_carter']Tony, do yo have a twitter? I think it would be easier to get your deals out there like that. It's awesome that you post here but you could reach a wider audience, plus I would be able to follow easier on my phone. :cool:[/QUOTE]

It is in my signature lol :). I post all of our deals multiple times a week to @amazongames

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It is in my signature lol :). I post all of our deals multiple times a week to @amazongames

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think what they're asking is a twitter account that specifically deals with PC download deals only, the one you have direct control over. The amazongames twitter accounts tweets even console hardware deals.

In case any of you were thinking about it - I just spent 2+ hours in the tutorial levels of Trainz Simulator 12 - it might be boring to some of you, but I had a blast. I was on the fence at $12 and change, but I'm glad I bit.

[quote name='Cojack426']I am fighting the urge to purchase The Darkness II by the end of today. Will probably give in.[/QUOTE]

Considering it dropped to 25 dollars in less than a month, I think it will be 10 by next.

Any opinions on Assasin's creed? is the first one worth getting or should I just jump to 2 or brotherhood? thanks

played with the demo of company of heroes last night. will be picking up the first two - from the reviews it seems the last one - valor - isn't worth it for single players.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Any opinions on Assasin's creed? is the first one worth getting or should I just jump to 2 or brotherhood? thanks[/QUOTE]

I've only played the first Assassin's Creed and, while it does have a good foundation, it's very repetitive and doesn't offer much content.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Any opinions on Assasin's creed? is the first one worth getting or should I just jump to 2 or brotherhood? thanks

played with the demo of company of heroes last night. will be picking up the first two - from the reviews it seems the last one - valor - isn't worth it for single players.[/QUOTE]
Skip AC1.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']I've only played the first Assassin's Creed and, while it does have a good foundation, it's very repetitive and doesn't offer much content.[/QUOTE]

AC2 and BH are both MUCH better than the original AC1.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']GetGamesgo has Anno 2070 for 17, but cant purchase it in the US. I wish amazon could come out with a deal for it under 20$.[/QUOTE]

If Amazon could make a sale like this or even priced better I'll grab it immediately! I'm in for Anno 2070 deluxe, and also for the older Anno games. :bouncy:

[quote name='Microshock']Considering it dropped to 25 dollars in less than a month, I think it will be 10 by next.[/QUOTE]

It didn't "drop". It's on sale for $25 by one vendor, and at (what Tony makes it sound like) a very small profit margin for Amazon, in hopes of making more profit through markedly higher sales rather than higher price.

It won't be $10 next month. It very likely won't be $25 next month, for that matter.

If you want The Darkness 2, you probably won't see it at this price anywhere else for several months, so now would be the time to bite.

[quote name='"M_F_A_H"'][quote name='"CheapThomas"']
Any opinions on Assasin's creed? is the first one worth getting or should I just jump to 2 or brotherhood? thanks[/quote]
I've only played the first Assassin's Creed and, while it does have a good foundation, it's very repetitive and doesn't offer much content.[/quote]

The first AC basically sucks. ACII is AMAZING. AC:B is more of the exact same, so it's still a great game, just bloated with repeat material. If you feel like you have to play a game in order to play it's sequel, just plow through the first AC without doing ANY side missions (they suck and are boring). You'll beat it in like 6 hours. ACII is like 30 hours long and is fucking wow just oh my god jesus so good

[quote name='supershammy']The first AC basically sucks. ACII is AMAZING. AC:B is more of the exact same, so it's still a great game, just bloated with repeat material. If you feel like you have to play a game in order to play it's sequel, just plow through the first AC without doing ANY side missions (they suck and are boring). You'll beat it in like 6 hours. ACII is like 30 hours long and is fucking wow just oh my god jesus so good[/QUOTE]
AC Uno was decent back when, but goodness that ending was awful. One of the worst, if not the worst, I've ever seen.

AC II was much like the first, though better. Haven't cracked the rest of the series yet, but I broke down and bought Brotherhood during the Christmas sale and just got Revelations today with my 33% off Ubi coupon, bringing it to about $17. I'm starting Brotherhood in about five minutes.

[quote name='Z-Saber']AC Uno was decent back when, but goodness that ending was awful. One of the worst, if not the worst, I've ever seen.

AC II was much like the first, though better. Haven't cracked the rest of the series yet, but I broke down and bought Brotherhood during the Christmas sale and just got Revelations today with my 33% off Ubi coupon, bringing it to about $17. I'm starting Brotherhood in about five minutes.[/QUOTE]

AC:BH's single-player is pretty good.

The story in AC:BH is nowhere as good as AC2.

Though, the missions and the numerous tweaks/improvements to the gameplay in BH make it definitely easily worthy of playing.

Are the deals done? It's still the 29th in the West Coast, I'm looking to pick up some last minute downloads.

Aye looks like its over, they all say unavailable now. Disappointing since Amazon usually turns their stuff over at midnight pacific which is still an hr and a half away. A bit upset since that is their standard operating procedure, but I really only have myself to blame for waiting till the last minute. Was a bunch I wanted and was being indecisive lol.

Aww man Amazon c'mon i know i waited last minute, but i just found out Red Faction: Guerrilla is 5 bucks! I also was going to pick up Armageddon, double dip on Darksiders, and get Mirrors Edge.

Tried to get Payday but my order is going slow.

Yea I know it is late but was fighting whether to get it or not. I got Velvet Assassin just cuz it was really cheap and DRM free.

Hey guys, did any of you take screenshots or timestamps regarding when the products went off sale? I'd like those to forward along to the team.

Please PM me if you do. Hope you all got your last minute buys in, 15 minutes left!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is fixed, thanks for the heads up.

Wow that sounds sticky...I think your friend would have better luck going through the chat support than me running down a solution with CS on something like this. It sounds like something that needs to be handled via our account management systems which I don't have access to.

If he doesn't have luck with the chat rep shoot me a PM and I'll escalate internally.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much Tony

My friend was worried because of that but I told him : "Hey man, it is Amazon and with Tony always around, you need not to worry" :applause:

It was rather strange that when he sent an email about the invalid key, he got an instant refund as a reply

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Is your friend buying it from within the U.S.?[/QUOTE]

Nope

alright, knowing last nite was the final sale hours. i went ahead and bought more games that I probably won't play. but i'm willing to buy more if amazon's willing to put more games on sale!!!

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Rumor is that Steam is having Payday as it's free weekend deal. So more Payday players, hooray![/QUOTE]

I really hope that's true. I've got a 50% off coupon...

[quote name='mtxbass1']I really hope that's true. I've got a 50% off coupon...[/QUOTE]

Coupons expire in 15 minutes, just before Payday would be on sale......

[quote name='mtxbass1']I really hope that's true. I've got a 50% off coupon...[/QUOTE]

Rumor is the coupons will expire before the weekend deal is live.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']So any hints for next week's sale?[/QUOTE]

Yep! Divinity II DKS, DRM free for $5.99, A Game of Thrones: Genesis for $9.99 and Cities XL 2012 for $9.99. Game of Thrones and Cities XL **EDIT** Only A Game of Thrones activates on Steam.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Coupons expire in 15 minutes, just before Payday would be on sale......[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Rumor is the coupons will expire before the weekend deal is live.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this from a customer's perspective. Did the coupons expire before the deal started?

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep! Divinity II DKS, DRM free for $5.99, A Game of Thrones: Genesis for $9.99 and Cities XL 2012 for $9.99. Game of Thrones and Cities XL activate on Steam.

I'm curious about this from a customer's perspective. Did the coupons expire before the deal started?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

They expired before the deal went live. Amazon still cheapest on payday yet. Btw can we get a pm on saints row 2? It's steams weekend deal.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep! Divinity II DKS, DRM free for $5.99, A Game of Thrones: Genesis for $9.99 and Cities XL 2012 for $9.99. Game of Thrones and Cities XL activate on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yessir, the coupons expired right as the weekend deal and new daily started. I gambled on buying a Shattered Horizon coupon hoping it'd be a daily deal but it never happened so I'll just wait for the summer sale to pick it up.

Overall, the Steam coupon thing this winter was very very weak IMO with the majority of the coupons being pretty useless. 25%/33%/50% off Valve coupons have little value when they put their games on sale for 75% or more usually.

Amazon's 2011 Bestseller coupon deal was miles and miles better in terms of usefulness and value.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yessir, the coupons expired right as the weekend deal and new daily started. I gambled on buying a Shattered Horizon coupon hoping it'd be a daily deal but it never happened so I'll just wait for the summer sale to pick it up.

Overall, the Steam coupon thing this winter was very very weak IMO with the majority of the coupons being pretty useless. 25%/33%/50% off Valve coupons have little value when they put their games on sale for 75% or more usually.

Amazon's 2011 Bestseller coupon deal was miles and miles better in terms of usefulness and value.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

[quote name='Drabelincoln']They expired before the deal went live. Amazon still cheapest on payday yet. Btw can we get a pm on saints row 2? It's steams weekend deal.[/QUOTE]

SR2 Wheels are turning.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yessir, the coupons expired right as the weekend deal and new daily started. I gambled on buying a Shattered Horizon coupon hoping it'd be a daily deal but it never happened so I'll just wait for the summer sale to pick it up.

Amazon's 2011 Bestseller coupon deal was miles and miles better in terms of usefulness and value.[/QUOTE]

Glad you guys found our coupons useful, we're going to try and replicate something similar to that in the future, I'll fill you in as to what.

Also, where did all the people looking for Divinity II to go on sale go in this thread! I'll post it in the OP and see what kind of response I get :).

Cheers,
Tony

Tony[/QUOTE]

My jaw dropped on that Divinity II deal!
Finally!

Thanks Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']SR2 Wheels are turning.

Glad you guys found our coupons useful, we're going to try and replicate something similar to that in the future, I'll fill you in as to what.

Also, where did all the people looking for Divinity II to go on sale go in this thread! I'll post it in the OP and see what kind of response I get :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Man - your coupons were the friggin best! While valve only succeeded in getting me p.o.'d with their poorly thought out promotion - you guys convinced me to be a loyal customer! Thx!!

Nice Divinity II deal! I'll probably get it at that price and its DRM free!

Also, random side note, I checked out the Warp page and under additional info, Shank 2 is mentions as not supporting some video cards. Just a minor typo but just though I'd point it out.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi!, what languages are included in this version of DKS?

Thanks,

Leo

Impulse has Sonic Generations for $10.19. Wave that magical price matching power, Amazon Digital Man? Get those hamsters to run faster! Their little legs are not meant for anything but the price matching of deals. FASTER!

I suggest you put little shock collars on them so that when they start to slow down, perhaps due to exhaustion or depression, you just give 'em a few thousand volts to remind 'em why they do it all.

It's for the children.

"Divinity II DKS, DRM free for $5.99....."

Best Price ever!

I can't wait to give you $5.99 .....

And I can confirm that the version sold by amazon is multi language

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back